PDA

View Full Version : Charmed Thread

Tombraider95
27-05-09, 21:10
Charmed Thread!

http://flamindevil.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/charmed.jpg

I was searching and couldnt find any Charmed threads so i thought i could start one. Im a really big fan of charmed, i have all the box sets! :D

Is there any other Charmed fans? What do you like about the show? :)

Marianna12
27-05-09, 21:15
I don't consider myself as a fan! I haven't watched all the seasons.
But I really enjoyed watching it!
My favourite was Piper! I wish it could continue....:(

Rai
27-05-09, 21:16
Yes! I have the DVD set. I have been re-watching Series 4.

I got into the series quite late and didn't see many episodes with Pru, so I didn't have any adjusting to do to get used to Paige. It was good to see the first three series to compare. :)

@Marrianna, I believe there are fan made eps on youtube. I don't know how they do it, the editing is amazing. I've seen a few, you should look them up.

Tombraider95
27-05-09, 21:17
Same she was my favourite character :)

If i had to pick 2 powers from the show it would be orbing and freezing time :cln:

Yes! I have the DVD set. I have been re-watching Series 4.

I got into the series quite late and didn't see many episodes with Pru, so I didn't have any adjusting to do to get used to Paige. It was good to see the first three series to compare. :)

Yh, before every night i used to watch about 3 episodes from beginning to end. Once you watch it all the way through its really sad at the end. :(

Plus did anyone else notice that series 1 is about Prue and andy, series 2 is about Piper, leo and dan, and series 3 is about phoebe and cole! and series 4 is about paige :p strange.

]{eith
27-05-09, 21:19
Yeah, I ****ing love it - I thought it was so cool and the stories were always so good and the actresses were great and looked amazing and it was often hilarious too. Piper is just fantastic. :D

Mokono
27-05-09, 21:21
Cool! I knew some one would make this...

Dows anyone remembers the Morality Bites episode? It was set in 2009 back in 1999!

Rai
27-05-09, 21:21
I'd choose those powers too.

Yeah it was sad. You could tell as the series progressed how the acting improved too.

Tombraider95
27-05-09, 21:22
Some of the things that Piper does just cracks me up, like on Series 5: the one with the siren woman who kisses men and kills then, the part at the hospital when she says "Kiss this *****!" :vlol: and flowers come out.

Cool! I knew some one would make this...

Dows anyone remembers the Morality Bites episode? It was set in 2009 back in 1999!

How could i forget, it was weird how 1 lil bit of dog poo could kill phoebe in the future lol

Indiana Croft
27-05-09, 21:27
This show made my world! Seriously I remember the first episode i ever watched. I was about nine and it was the episode "bite me." I always saw previews for it but never knew what station it was on. I loved magic and witchcraft and all that jazz when I was that age, and this show blew my mind. I watched it loyally until it ended in May 2006. I cried my eyes out to the point where I was heaving. Charmed is the best show ever. I had to wean myself from watching it for about 2 years after the last episode "forever charmed" because everytime I watched an episode i would cry. Now i still watch it from time to time. I'm so glad there's a thread for this.
Long live the power of three:)

Tombraider95
27-05-09, 21:31
Yh, i have to admit i did cry as well :( It was hard not to with the sad music at the end and slowly looking at the portraits up the stairs, coz in ur mind ur thinking "its all over now":( I was dissapointed that there wasnt 1 picture of prue on the wall, not even the one at the beginning of the series which moved the sisters together :mad:

i cried at prues funeral aswell :( Thats the only 2 times ive cried of charmed! Prues funeral and the end!

Joely-Moley
27-05-09, 21:34
I got beat up by a 12 year old for saying this show sucks, if that counts for anything. :p

For the record, I'm not bothered by it either way, I just wanted to annoy said 12 year old, guess that one worked well. I had bruises on my leg for ages.

]{eith
27-05-09, 21:35
I did not care for Billie. And even less for Christie. :pi:

I got beat up by a 12 year old for saying this show sucks, if that counts for anything. :p

For the record, I'm not bothered by it either way, I just wanted to annoy said 12 year old, guess that one worked well. I had bruises on my leg for ages.

:vlol: Don't **** with the Charmed fans, they will cut a *****. :p

Tombraider95
27-05-09, 21:37
^^^^^^^^

Billie was ok, but christie was so annoying with the whole triad thing!

I just felt like punching her in the face :cen:

Speically with her "Its our destiny!" she said that in like every episode!

lararoxs
27-05-09, 21:46
I love Charmed! :hug:

I really wish they had continued with it.

Somehow Phoebe suited being a mermaid an all!:p (That is until a reported comes and interviews you in the bath...)

Rai
27-05-09, 21:47
Ugh, they kind of ruined it for me bringing Christie into it. I could never understand how 2 witch sisters could be the Charmed one's most powerful enemy to date.

LaraRules81
27-05-09, 21:53
OMG YAY! :yah: I'm not the only fan around here!! Charmed is amazing! Phoebe is the best :D Has anyone read the Charmed novels?

I'm jumping now :vlol:

Tihocan9
27-05-09, 22:36
I love Charmed, I've seen every episode probably at least twice :D My older sister has them all on DVD so I would watch them all of the time but now she moved out and took them with her so I had to go through Charmed withdraw for a while :p

TRULuverzz
27-05-09, 22:44
yey! a charmed thread, and yes i am definatly a fan of charmed, phoebe is very flirtacious and attractive, i love her as i love charmed! Charmed FTW :tmb:

lararoxs
27-05-09, 23:00
OMG YAY! :yah: I'm not the only fan around here!! Charmed is amazing! Phoebe is the best :D Has anyone read the Charmed novels?

I'm jumping now :vlol:

I have one, I think... Whether I have read it or not is another matter.:o

I don't think so, are they good?:)

LaraRules81
27-05-09, 23:16
I have one, I think... Whether I have read it or not is another matter.:o

I don't think so, are they good?:)

They're great!! I have about 40 of them :vlol: and I still need to read some :D The ones by Diana Gallagher (sp?) are the best, so is the Warren Witches :)

]{eith
27-05-09, 23:19
Do the novels tie in well with the show or do they take liberties? I haven't read any of them.

How sexy did they look as Superheros? :cln:

lararoxs
27-05-09, 23:24
They're great!! I have about 40 of them :vlol: and I still need to read some :D The ones by Diana Gallagher (sp?) are the best, so is the Warren Witches :)

Oooh! Sounds good!

*Goes hunting on ebay!*:pi:

{eith;3679422']Do the novels tie in well with the show or do they take liberties? I haven't read any of them.

How sexy did they look as Superheros? :cln:

Superheroes!:D They looked incredible!:tmb:

I must watch them again!:D

LaraRules81
27-05-09, 23:31
The novels are their own story really, not really tieing in with the show much, apart from one or two.

And they look smexy as superheros :cln:

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq220/LaraRules81/chsuperhero.jpg

Phoebe http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq220/LaraRules81/worship.gif

Indiana Croft
28-05-09, 03:53
The books are really good. Its like an episode that lasts for hours! I really enjoy reading em. Some of them are a little goofy, but most are a good read for a Charmed fan. The warren witches is the best one thus far. Haunting desire is also a good one.

I would have to say that either Paige or Prue was my favorite. I loved their powers and personalities. Paige satisfied the whole playful, comic relief side with an edge, while Prue satisfied the super witch, ass kickery side :mis:

My fav episodes are Primrose Empath, Sight Unseen, As the eyes have it, and The day that magic died.

erreway
28-05-09, 06:09
I love Charmed:D
And i liked it more with Prue :)

Prue,Piper,Phoebe!
Well paige is ok too !!!

Lintal
28-05-09, 06:26
Use to love charmed. I always loved Pipers power the most. The show was much better with Prue imo. One episode that clearly stood out to me was the one where they go to the future and there powers were multiplied and they had to stop Phoebe from being burnt. What was this ep called?

Tombraider95
28-05-09, 09:42
moritary bites :D

(cant spell it)

Sorry for double posting but got a video of funny Quotes.

Hope you like it. :p

How can i get a youtube video on here?

*laralover*
28-05-09, 11:37
Yay Charmed is my favourite show ever :jmp: Phoebe is my favourite character :D Cole is pretty hot too :cln: I like all the characters though. I hate Billy though meh :p The show just has a bit of everything really it makes you laugh makes you cry and makes you go omg whoah :jmp:

Tombraider95
28-05-09, 12:15
Right, here is the very funny quote video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVOwR_4AkyY&feature=related

Plus, this is what i found..

Facts On Charmed...

Brian Krause originally auditioned for the part of Andy Truedo but got the part of Leo Wyatt

Dorian Gregory (Darryl Morris) is a diabetic in real life

Alyssa Milano is claustrophobic, she even made them put in her contract she wouldn't have to be in tiny enclosed places

Shannen Doherty (Prue) has Crohn's Disease. If you don't know what that is, it's a problem in the intestines that makes that she can't eat anything, she has to follow a diet and she has to take pills. But don't worry!! She's maybe stuck with it for the rest of her life, but she can't die of it

The T.W. in T.W. King (Andy) stands for Theodore William

As a teen Holly Marie Combs (Piper) was a rebel. She was always getting into trouble, back talking her teachers, and wore nothing but black all the time

Shannen Doherty (Prue) and Rose McGowan (Paige) are friends!!

Every time Alyssa (Phoebe) feels the need to have a child, get this, she buys another pet

You know why Holly's eyebrow is slightly slanted upward a little well that's a scar when she was 2 she was learning how to walk and she tripped and hit a coffee table

Holly was married to fellow actor Bryan Smith from 1993 to 1997 and briefly engaged to civilian Storm Lyndon before they split up in 2000.

Holly was a vegetarian for seven years and she couldn't handle it anymore and she ate a cheeseburger

Holly is best friends with Shannen Doherty

Holly (Piper) was the first one hired on Charmed!! But she wasn't originally cast as Piper, she was originally cast as Phoebe and Shannen (Prue) was originally cast as Piper

Alyssa Milano accepted the part of Phoebe after the originally cast person Lori Rom had to pull out from playing her at the last minute. <---- This if you didnt no that they shot the first ever episode with Lori rom as phoebe but then changed it to Alyssa. Heres video and u can watch! The actual episode if u type in Charmed lori rom.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANxy26c8d7Y

Brian Krause and Rose McGowan are cousins in real life

Other Facts...

Charmed Ones Phone Number: 555-0198

Manors Address: 1329 Prescott Street

Grams was only 13 when Patty (Charmed Ones Mom) was born

Sam Wilder (Patty's whitelighter) is Paige's biological father!!!

Leo died in WW2 (world war two)

Kit is or was a familiar and is now a human

Leo's first wife's name was Lilly

Paige's adoptive parents were killed in a car accident when Paige was in HIGHSCHOOL

Shax the sources assasin killed Prue!!! in 'All Hell Breaks Lose'

Wyatt the twice-blessed child was born on Febuary 16, 2003!!!! so adorable isn't he

Serena Fredrick (the witch Jeremy murdered in 'Something Wicca This Way Comes' was the first person ever to talk on Charmed

The actor who plays Shax and The Sourcce in 'All Hell Breaks Lose' Micheal Bailey Smith also played Cole's Demonic, Balthazor, in seasons three and four

Piper's license plate number is 3BS83Y8

Quake was established in 1987

Mark Cho died at the age of 23!

Piper and Prue shared an apartment in North Beach before the moved back home when Grams got sick

Piper met Jeremy in the hospital cafeteria on Friday the 13th

There have been 3 generations of Truedo's on the police force

Andy lived in Portland before he moved back to San Francisco

The phone number for SWA Properties is 555 - 1212

TR93
28-05-09, 12:29
Ooooo Nice fact:D...I didnt know any of that stuff!:p lol
Yes i love charmed..Phoebe is my fave character:p and I like Piper,Paige and Prue aswell,

I stopped watching the later seasons because Billie does myhead in!

Ada the Mental
28-05-09, 12:43
I loved it up until the final season. Then Billie and Christie had to go and ruin it for me. I hated them both so much!

TR93
28-05-09, 12:58
^^ Me too,
I loved the earlier seasons...but I thought the last episode was rather....boring cos, I mean it was happily ever after!...ahhhh well:p...

I liked when Prue was in it, but the more I watched with Paige in the series the more I liked her, I like them both equally:)

LaraRules81
28-05-09, 16:06
:eek: I'm gonna call the Charmed Ones :D

Brian and Rose are cousins!

Did you know Alyssa is also Dyslexic, and he has three dogs, and eight horses, has her own clothes line, is a UNICEF Embasador, and used to be a singer :D <3 Alyssa :vlol:

RAID
28-05-09, 16:35
Use to be a fan. The series lost it's juice after season 4. Season 5 was OK, but nothing special. 6 and 7 were stupid, and 8 was simply the worst of the lot.

Living TV has repeated show so many times, that it got boring to watch, even the first 4 seasons.

Lara's home
28-05-09, 16:44
It was pretty good until Piper had her first baby.
Everything went downhill from there.
The last season was just embarresing to watch.

MJDahling
28-05-09, 17:41
It all went downhill when Prue died :(

I liked her so much, She was the most powerfull

Tombraider95
28-05-09, 19:44
^^^^^^^^

It was a shame that she did leave but it did give the show a twist in the story coz otherwise it would have got a bit boring :)

Alive_and_Funky
28-05-09, 20:33
This year I started watching Charmed from the beginning with the aim of finishing them all by the end of the year. I've almost finished series four. :D

Immortalis08
28-05-09, 22:53
I loved and adored Charmed...up until the 5th season. You could really tell that writers were running out of juice by that point and the production values plummeted. I was and always will be an avid Prue/Shannen fan.

It all went downhill when Prue died :(

I liked her so much, She was the most powerfull

It really did. But Paige did a nice job filling in as the cosmic "spare tire". But combined with Prue's death, and the fact that Charmed should've ended with season 4, the writers had run out of ideas by that point. I also dislike the fact that Prue's existence was virtually ignored after season 4. I mean all those years, and not a single picture of her or remnant that she once lived there? Something. I understand there were legal issues between Shannen and the creators using her image, but she allowed it after season 6 (and flashbacks don't count) . And they totally just brushed off her death so casually in the series finale.

This thread makes me miss my old theprophecy forums.

^^^^^^^^

It was a shame that she did leave but it did give the show a twist in the story coz otherwise it would have got a bit boring :)

That already happened even after her death. Paige was good and I cannot guarantee that Shannen would've kept the show fresh, but its the creativity of the writers that just...died. You can tell in how stale the later seasons get. Although being a main character, I believe Prue deserved a better sendoff than some cheap cliffhanger with no real explanation as to how she died. Although I suppose it leaves room for discussion.

Mokono
28-05-09, 23:05
Hey! I found the episode i was talking about!
let's discuss it!
2PViOs5r7c0
a0deXfmV01E
ZCBE4d7i3wY
rD0Reu-lWCg

Remember that this happened like two or threee months ago!

Immortalis08
28-05-09, 23:07
Absolutely loved that episode and the theme behind it was excellent. Protect the innocent is far different than punishing the guilty. It was such a great episode and amazing to see how far their powers would go. Prue would have been unstoppable in 2009. It was so emotionally charged especially at the end. I could never make the same decision Phoebe made. Wow, I cannot believe that was aired 10 years ago.

See that is what made the earlier seasons special. They had some point or moral that they tried to get across. It was about sisters that happened to be witches. In the later episodes it changed to just vanquishing another demon, and witches that happened to be sisters.

Mokono
28-05-09, 23:12
See that is what made the earlier seasons special. They had some point or moral that they tried to get across. It was about sisters that happened to be witches. In the later episodes it changed to just vanquishing another demon, and witches that happened to be sisters.

Exactly! I remember how moral the Lady Godiva episode could have been, but wasn't... Piper was turned in some sort of Jar-Jar-Binks saying sarcastic nonesence and hating/beating Leo for almost everything. They also removed the teenage-like paige attitude to a more Prue-like, see i didn't like that.

Immortalis08
28-05-09, 23:16
Indeed, Piper's character development was unstable. First she couldn't decide whether she wanted magic in her life, then she decides to be normal, then back to magic, and so on. Poor Leo had to be dragged through mud the entire time and all she did was complain about him.

As for Paige, I always liked the fact that Prue was immortalized and legendary in her eyes. Paige would always strive to be a good replacement for Prue, until she finally learned she couldn't be another Prue, she had to be herself. Although I must say, there were times near the end of the series that she reminded me of down to the style,hair, and attitude. Oh how I wished there were a scene where she and Prue would meet.

What I didn't like were the inconsistencies and contradictions. In comes season 5 and the prophecy that stated the Charmed ones were going to be most powerful is made invalid with the birth of Wyatt. And then small little lines like Paige asking Piper how she defeated *the source last time*

Mokono
28-05-09, 23:19
Didn't she met her as a cat? Or may be my imagination. However, some fan made a video about it, but i can't find it anywhere.

Immortalis08
28-05-09, 23:22
Hmm? No I do not believe so. I think you might be thinking of the episode in season 5 when the familiar cat becomes a human and Phoebe and Paige travel back in time through Piper's flashbacks.

When Prue is transformed into a dog she sort of does meet Paige and Phoebe in that same episode by the stairs and Paige is in the room behind Prue when she crashes Piper's Wedding. So in a sense I suppose they did meet, but not formally. Prue wouldn't have known that was her sister.

Mokono
28-05-09, 23:33
Hey i found out something!

1999 how cars in 2009 might look:
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/471/kia.jpg

Kia Soul planned for 2009-2010:
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/9412/1228817157514.jpg

Charmed was perfect, even at imaging. We need a 360 game of it now!

LaraRules81
29-05-09, 00:14
Not just 360! :p

Me and my friends thought of a Charmed game, it was awesome what we thought up :D

EDIT: I wonder if the mods/admins will let us have a social group? :D

Mokono
29-05-09, 04:30
Not just 360! :p

Me and my friends thought of a Charmed game, it was awesome what we thought up :D

Oh, right, i meant for NG consoles :D. (do not want more exclusives thing drama)

EDIT: I wonder if the mods/admins will let us have a social group? :D

Sometimes there's more of dreams than reality :rolleyes:.

A game would be so awesome... IMagine the 4 sisters together!

LaraRules81
29-05-09, 04:58
Oh, right, i meant for NG consoles :D. (do not want more exclusives thing drama)

What about DS/Wii/PS2, still perfectly good consoles - okay maybe not so much the latter....

Tombraider95
29-05-09, 07:57
The thing i never understood that The charmed ones mother and grams was dead and they kept coming back to life for a while but it was not aloud to do so with prue. I no she cant coz shes not in the show but when grams says "Ur not aloud to see her, coz seeing her now would always make her alive for you!" <-- but how come they can talk to their mother and grams when their dead so they cant move on :confused:

Mokono
29-05-09, 09:24
The thing i never understood that The charmed ones mother and grams was dead and they kept coming back to life for a while but it was not aloud to do so with prue. I no she cant coz shes not in the show but when grams says "Ur not aloud to see her, coz seeing her now would always make her alive for you!" <-- but how come they can talk to their mother and grams when their dead so they cant move on :confused:

It was just a cheap excuse in the script. Shannen Doherty really hurt the show by leaving it from one day to another (and i'm not mentioning her fights with Alyssa Milano). Also, in the episode they travelled to Piper's wedding with Paige, you can only see Prue's back, cause they were using a double for that scene in the original episode, wich doesn't infringe her cease of contract.

LaraRules81
11-08-09, 23:30
Is it okay to bump this? :o I do have news:

Hiding her third pregnancy from the media due to what was cited as "high-risk" condition, "Charmed" actress Holly Marie Combs finally breaks her silence about her third child. She reveals to Celebrity Baby Blog that she has given birth to another baby boy on May 26.

The newborn infant is named Kelley James Donoho. He was delivered by emergency C-section at 35 weeks. He joins older brothers; Finley Arthur Donoho and Riley Edward Donoho.

Source (http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00024803.html)

:)

tombraiderluka
11-08-09, 23:32
Wow she's quite the baby maker :tmb: Congrats Holly :hug:

I hope they make a movie based on Charmed in 2016 :)

Mokono
11-08-09, 23:34
I hope they make a VIDEO GAME! It would be epic; i mean, we have the graphics and the consoles to expect a game that covers every single power used in the show. Imaging that Shanen Doherty would allow to use her as a character, we might get the power of 4 :eek:!

Tombraiderx08
11-08-09, 23:35
charmed thread woot woot! :D i woulda loved a charmed game, it woulda been great ^.^

tombraiderluka
11-08-09, 23:35
I hope they make a VIDEO GAME! It would be epic; i mean, we have the graphics and the consoles to expect a game that covers every single power used in the show. Imaging that Shanen Doherty would allow to use her as a character, we might get the power of 4 :eek:!
I always fantasized about a game based on it :mis:

It couldeven be like Sims but with missions and demon attacks :jmp:

LaraRules81
11-08-09, 23:36
Wow she's quite the baby maker :tmb: Congrats Holly :hug:

I hope they make a movie based on Charmed in 2016 :)

Me too :cln:

OMG, a video-game would be amazing! I can just imagine it! It'd be amazing :jmp:

Tombraiderx08
11-08-09, 23:40
it would be a great game, but, no 4player option, just 3! :jmp:

LaraRules81
11-08-09, 23:41
it would be a great game, but, no 4player option, just 3! :jmp:

I think Prue should be unlockable :cln:

Tombraiderx08
11-08-09, 23:42
yeah, but, you should only be able to play up to 3 players, a traditional thing :)

LaraRules81
11-08-09, 23:42
Aww :hug:

tombraiderluka
11-08-09, 23:43
yeah, but, you should only be able to play up to 3 players, a traditional thing :)
I think picking an option of which of them to play would be better. Then if someone is in touble they can always call you to help :D

Tombraiderx08
11-08-09, 23:45
it would be the only game i'd play where the character couldnt jump ^.^

IceColdLaraCroft
11-08-09, 23:46
what amazed me were all the HOT guys on this show

tombraiderluka
11-08-09, 23:47
it would be the only game i'd play where the character couldnt jump ^.^
I guess you never played Pacman :p

Tombraiderx08
11-08-09, 23:48
what amazed me were all the HOT guys on this show ikr? :cln: and, i wouldnt play pacman :p

Mokono
11-08-09, 23:49
I think Prue should be unlockable :cln:

Indeed, actually characters such as Prue and Andy should be... And maybe all the dead or non born persons (such as Amanda Halliwell).

What about a Phoebe Lady Godiva outfit :cln:.

tombraiderluka
11-08-09, 23:50
ikr? :cln: and, i wouldnt play pacman :p
Shame :p

Grrr, I'm so mad this show is over. It's like the best show ever. I remember not going out at night just to watch it :(

LaraRules81
11-08-09, 23:50
Indeed, actually characters such as Prue and Andy should be... And maybe all the dead or non born persons (such as Amanda Halliwell).

I'm up for that :cln: :jmp:

:vlol:

:eek: Who is Amanda Halliwell?

Tombraiderx08
11-08-09, 23:51
What about a Phoebe Lady Godiva outfit :cln:. hahaha xD and id like to play someone from the next generation of charmed ones, like the little girl that had prues power at the end of the last episode :D or as wyatt or chris :mis:

Mokono
11-08-09, 23:51
She's the daughter Piper never got, because they changed the future when Phoebe prevented Prue from using her powers to attack the man who made his dog urinate in their porsche.

LaraRules81
11-08-09, 23:52
I can imagine the DS Version....yum :D

She's the daughter Piper never got, because they changed the future when Phoebe prevented Prue from using her powers to attack the man who made his dog urinate in their porsche.

Oh her! :D

tombraiderluka
11-08-09, 23:52

Now that's a must see :cln:

LaraRules81
11-08-09, 23:53
http://i29.************/r23zbo.jpg

:whi:

tombraiderluka
11-08-09, 23:54
roaaaaar :cln:

Tombraiderx08
11-08-09, 23:55
Lol!

tombraiderluka
11-08-09, 23:56
Lmao, it looks like horses butt is hers :vlol:

LaraRules81
11-08-09, 23:56
www.casahalliwell.net

It's Italian, but it has loads of amazing pics! :cln: You'll understand how to navigate though ;)

Lmao, it looks like horses butt is hers :vlol:

Tombraiderx08
11-08-09, 23:57
Lmao, it looks like horses butt is hers :vlol: lmao it does ! xD

LaraRules81
11-08-09, 23:58
I still can't believe she went through the street naked xD

tombraiderluka
12-08-09, 00:01
www.casahalliwell.net

It's Italian, but it has loads of amazing pics! :cln: You'll understand how to navigate though ;)

Aw the season 9 fan fiction is amazing! I miss them a lot :(

LaraRules81
12-08-09, 13:37
Aw the season 9 fan fiction is amazing! I miss them a lot :(

That has gave me a reason to read it :D

And me too *sob*

Peanut
12-08-09, 13:45
I used to like it, Now its all about protecting her kid and how great he is.. :rolleyes:

Its not that Bad, it used to be great actually!

LaraRules81
12-08-09, 13:55
I used to like it, Now its all about protecting her kid and how great he is.. :rolleyes:

But Wyatt is/was "great" in a sense, he was powerful ;)

tombraiderluka
12-08-09, 14:04

Now? The series has finished 3 years ago :D

LaraRules81
12-08-09, 14:23
What is the name of that episode in Season 8 when the Charmed Ones walk through the police station in their real forms? :cln:

EDIT: OH MY :cen: GOD!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charmed_(video_game)

It's a cheap mobile game though...me want!!

Legend of Lara
12-08-09, 15:48
I love Charmed! :D It started declining in Season 6, though. Then, in Season 7, It Got Worse (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ItGotWorse). Then, in Season 8, It Got Worse (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/DarthWiki/ptitlew9bltta3dv6n?from=Main.SoBadItsHorrible). :(

There was one episode where the sisters were deliberately exposing themselves on the news or something. Anyone care to tell me said episode's name? :o

LaraRules81
12-08-09, 15:51
^ I think that could be "All Hell Breaks Loose" when they accidently expose their powers?

Legend of Lara
12-08-09, 15:52
^ I think that could be "All Hell Breaks Loose" when they accidently expose their powers?

No, I know that one. In the episode I mentioned they were trying to expose themselves.

LaraRules81
12-08-09, 15:58
^ Oh, I have no idea then. :o I can't remember one when they were trying to expose themselves.

Legend of Lara
12-08-09, 16:03
^ Oh, I have no idea then. :o I can't remember one when they were trying to expose themselves.

I think it may have been in Season 6, though I'm not sure.

lararoxs
12-08-09, 16:06
I think it may have been in Season 6, though I'm not sure.

Forget me.. Not. The episode where they try make a deal with the Cleaners, so they expose magic.

Legend of Lara
12-08-09, 16:09
Forget me.. Not. The episode where they try make a deal with the Cleaners, so they expose magic.

Thank you! :D I saw it ages ago and have been trying to find out what it was ever since.

lararoxs
12-08-09, 16:12
Thank you! :D I saw it ages ago and have been trying to find out what it was ever since.

No problem!:D Glad I could have helped! I know what it is like trying to remember episodes! If you think about it there has been 8 seasons to remember around 20 episodes each!:eek:

igonge
12-08-09, 17:10
I used to watch this every day after school when I was in Primary. Two episodes every day on Living. I don't really watch it anymore, I might start buying the box sets though.

DeanWinchester
12-08-09, 17:28
I love Charmed! :jmp: Charmed is so cool.. :D

LaraRules81
12-08-09, 17:30
^ :hug:

Who is your favourite Charmed One?

DeanWinchester
12-08-09, 17:38
^ :hug:

Who is your favourite Charmed One?

Hmm..I think Alyssa Milano,Phoebe Halliwell..:jmp:And who is your favourite Charmed One? :D

LaraRules81
12-08-09, 17:40
Hmm..I think Alyssa Milano,Phoebe Halliwell..:jmp:And who is your favourite Charmed One? :D

Mine too!

http://i28.************/9qz8mf.jpg

:cln:

Legend of Lara
12-08-09, 17:45
My favourite has always been Piper. Closely followed by Phoebe, though she was unbearable mid-late-season 3 and late-ish 4. Gullible, much?

LaraRules81
12-08-09, 17:46
^ Aww :D

Mine goes:

1- Phoebe
2- Piper
2- Paige
4- Prue

:D

DeanWinchester
12-08-09, 17:46
Mine too!

http://i28.************/9qz8mf.jpg

:cln:

Great! :hug: We are like so ''twins of Charmed'' :jmp: Look at this picture,so greatt..:D

http://i30.************/2508enb.jpg

LaraRules81
12-08-09, 17:51
Great! :hug: We are like so ''twins of Charmed'' :jmp: Look at this picture,so greatt..:D

http://i30.************/2508enb.jpg

:vlol: You bet :D

I love that pic :tmb:

http://i29.************/28rr7r.jpg

TRGamer8
14-08-09, 20:46
I watched Charmed :D

tombraiderluka
14-08-09, 20:57
Mine goes:

1.Paige
2.Piper
3.Phoebe
4.Prue

Tombraider95
14-08-09, 21:19
I like piper the best as i love her attitude :D

She also has the best powers :cln:

Watch this: Its classic :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRomzypfMNo

Kelly Craftman
14-08-09, 21:22
I like piper the best as i love her attitude :D

She also has the best powers :cln:

Watch this: Its classic :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRomzypfMNo

Same! Piper!!! :jmp:

DeanWinchester
14-08-09, 21:24
:vlol: You bet :D

I love that pic :tmb:

http://i29.************/28rr7r.jpg

Wow,your pic so awesomeee..!:ohn::whi: You bet? :D:D:tea:

http://www.thecharmedones.com/cimages/phoebe/phoebe_800.jpg

LaraRules81
14-08-09, 21:27
Wow,your pic so awesomeee..!:ohn::whi: You bet? :D:D:tea:

http://www.thecharmedones.com/cimages/phoebe/phoebe_800.jpg

Your's is too :cln:

http://i30.************/jgnqme.jpg

:p

Tombraider95
14-08-09, 21:27
:vlol: watch this!!

I like the way she says Watermelon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKWc9CIU2kk&feature=related

"I dont think Prue is going to be quite as greatful" :D

DeanWinchester
14-08-09, 21:33
Your's is too :cln:

http://i30.************/jgnqme.jpg

:p

Wow,you're is really,really,awesome man! Look at this!

http://i.tnt.tv/v5cache/TNT/Images/i1/charmed_wp3_1280x1024.jpg

:jmp:

tombfan91
14-08-09, 21:37
:vlol: watch this!!

I like the way she says Watermelon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKWc9CIU2kk&feature=related

"I dont think Prue is going to be quite as greatful" :D

i just love piper ^_^.

LaraRules81
14-08-09, 21:44
Wow,you're is really,really,awesome man! Look at this!

http://i.tnt.tv/v5cache/TNT/Images/i1/charmed_wp3_1280x1024.jpg

:jmp:

Aww thank you :D :hug:

:eek: I've never seen that before! Thanks! :hug:

EDIT: Look at these! :eek:

http://i29.************/2h86dt4.jpg
http://i25.************/35jea2b.jpg
http://i32.************/2gspi4l.jpg
http://i32.************/2cexqp.jpg
http://i27.************/29a1s4.jpg

LaraRules81
25-09-09, 01:23
Sorry to double post :o.

The ratings really dropped after Season 1 and 6 :(.

http://i36.************/ka4n10.jpg

remote91
25-09-09, 01:32

Because the show went tits up!

tombfan91
25-09-09, 01:32

http://i36.************/ka4n10.jpg

Well The Wb has always kept on moving charmed on different block schedules before they finally settled on sundays which could be the cause for the ratings drop. However i felt like i wasn't enjoying much of the 7th season so i never watched the later episodes until the eighth

LaraRules81
25-09-09, 01:33
Because the show went tits up!

It was better with a new storyline with each episode, but I still thought it lived up to itself. :p

Tombraiderx08
25-09-09, 01:35
9th season >.>

Legend 4ever
25-09-09, 02:17
I used to LOVE this show. It is one of my favorite shows ever, but watching the last season was painful AND boring. That blonde new witch was a dreadful actress and the storyline was so dull.

Lavinder
25-09-09, 10:21
I used to LOVE this show. It is one of my favorite shows ever, but watching the last season was painful AND boring. That blonde new witch was a dreadful actress and the storyline was so dull.

Yeah - it lost it's spark by the end. Likes Friends did.

Legend of Lara
25-09-09, 11:24
Yeah - it lost it's spark by the end. Likes Friends did.

Yes. Friends got really weak during season 9 and even weaker in season 10.
It's the same with Charmed, though the decline of Charmed started with season 5 in my opinion but didn't really start getting bad until season 7.

TRULuverzz
25-09-09, 11:37
oh yay! a thread for charmed. i luff you TR95 :hug:!!!

I consider myself a fan of charmed although i only watch some episodes or seasons of it :D

Tombraiderx08
25-09-09, 11:41
I'd like to watch the entire first season, I saw the first episode on youtube, it came so far :')

Legend of Lara
25-09-09, 11:49
I'd like to watch the entire first season, I saw the first episode on youtube, it came so far :')

I have season 1 on DVD. :p

Dina_Croft
25-09-09, 11:53
I used to watch Charmed in the summer...Until season 8 cause Chris died:(....He was the reason i watched Charmed:p:cln:

Legend of Lara
25-09-09, 12:10
He was the reason i watched Charmed:p:cln:

So, you can't watch seasons 1-4, i.e: the actually good ones? :p

Tombraiderx08
25-09-09, 12:14
Ooooh I smell a prue fan! :p

Dina_Croft
25-09-09, 12:22
So, you can't watch seasons 1-4, i.e: the actually good ones? :p

Nope..:p...Just one day realy randomly i was like zapping and Chris just Poped out!I was like well hello hello you there...:vlol:

the ancient
25-09-09, 18:03
CHARMED CHARMED CHARMED CHARMED
love it Piper is so funny

Rai
25-10-09, 02:35
Edit: Forget it, brunette moment. :vlol:

erreway
25-10-09, 04:20
I love charmed :)
I liked it better with prue though!

30seconds2sasa
25-10-09, 09:27
i used to watch charmed...

Lintal
25-10-09, 09:50
I love charmed :)
I liked it better with prue though!

Same:o

30seconds2sasa
25-10-09, 10:04
Same:o

me too....prue was the best:D

veloce
10-11-09, 09:26
Thread bump!

Yeah so not really since here it's three months but on the forum I'm more used to it's one month. Anyway....I am a massive Charmed fan and I decided to search the forums about it on a whim and also because of the OP's avatar and this thread turns up, but anyhow since many of us here are gamers or at least have some expertise in gaming, I was thinking maybe we could do a charmed videogame based on the Tomb Raider Level Editor that's standalone like the people doing the Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness 2 (ENCORE Studios if I'm not mistaken) or we could possibly develop some mods based on the 'Source' engine. Maybe we could even do a fully fledged game based on an open source engine (the unreal engine is now free to download!)

Now onto Charmed the TV Show

I watched Long Live the Queen (4x20) yesterday and I think it might've been one of the best Charmed episodes ever, it was only one of the very few episodes of Charmed were I got that hard to swallow feeling. I think the fourth season was the best, it was like the culmination of three years of suspense. Apart from the (for me) surprisingly good seventh season as well as a few select gems from the other three seasons (Chris Crossed, Kill Billie Vol 2, Centenial Charmed and Forever Charmed) the rest was way too light for me to take seriously. In fact the only things season eight was good for was the moments when the Charmed ones were under some hex and did some evil things to Billie like in Repo Manor when Paige was impersonated and said 'I don't even know why the hell you're still here' and orbed Billie to the front porch or when she was like 'Lets kill her' and threw a boulder at Billie.

Hermina94
10-11-09, 11:47
I was a total Charmed freak:D:D:D
http://i38.************/2n04fma.gif
Still am ;)

Sgt BOMBULOUS
10-11-09, 13:02
So doesn't it bother anyone that the "demons" were just guys with dark hair wearing leather jackets? By that logic, every winter our cities are swarming with demons....

tombraiderluka
10-11-09, 13:21
So doesn't it bother anyone that the "demons" were just guys with dark hair wearing leather jackets? By that logic, every winter our cities are swarming with demons....
Well they they are ;)

Charmed has finished in 2006.

LaraRules81
08-12-09, 13:21
*Bump* :p

For anyone who wants to know, Holly got a Twitter: http://twitter.com/HDonoho :whi:

Alyssa forced her to get it. :D

Dominic_raider
01-01-10, 16:07
I haven't watched all the seasons, yet. I'm following them on AXN. When I miss an episode I check on a website wich as all the seasons, with all episodes.

btw, the series are great. To bad it ended on season 8 :( Wish there was more to see their sons in the future.

btw, does anyone knows why they killed Prue? :o

Tombraiderx08
01-01-10, 18:12
*Bump* :p

For anyone who wants to know, Holly got a Twitter: http://twitter.com/HDonoho :whi:

Alyssa forced her to get it. :D Yay im following her now XD I might start to like twitter now, hahaha :vlol: Its crazy how shortly after piper got her explosive power the whole show jumped to all these crazy special effects what with dragons and dinosaurs and defense bubbles and what not :jmp:

Tombraider95
30-01-10, 11:32
I redesigned the charmed opening!

Version 1:

rNsh3FBEyAQ&

Version 2:

oKXvxWTM1Og&

Version 3:

aVlZloASIQE&

LaraRules81
30-01-10, 20:06
Those are excellent openings TR95!! :tmb:

You guys need to look at this: Link (http://www.brokenfrontier.com/headlines/p/detail/zenescope-working-on-charmed-comic)!

:yah:

Tombraiderx08
30-01-10, 21:11
Im not into comics, but thats pretty cool :D

LaraRules81
30-01-10, 21:15
I love the idea! :cln: We'll have to wait until summer to find out! :D

Tombraider95
30-01-10, 21:47
Thanks, and it looks good but it doesnt look like paige very much.

I would still rather them do a charmed movie, just like "sex and the city" aswell as "Friends"

tombraiderluka
30-01-10, 21:54
I agree with TR95

igonge
30-01-10, 22:06
A movie would be brilliant! :tmb:

LaraRules81
30-01-10, 22:07
A movie would be incredible - especially if they hired Shannen to come back! :o

Tombraider95
30-01-10, 22:14
^^^

Agreed, even if she was a ghost who comes back just like the gram and mother do in some episodes. It would certainly make up for the ending of charmed previously which didnt even feature a picture of prue and more importantly the photo of the original three.

Also i have just started charmed from the beginning tonight, should be fun going through them all again.

Tombraider95
30-01-10, 22:41
No, I know that one. In the episode I mentioned they were trying to expose themselves.

Forget Me, Not.

Whoops, sorry to double post.

LaraRules81
30-01-10, 23:13
^^^

Agreed, even if she was a ghost who comes back just like the gram and mother do in some episodes. It would certainly make up for the ending of charmed previously which didnt even feature a picture of prue and more importantly the photo of the original three.

Also i have just started charmed from the beginning tonight, should be fun going through them all again.

Yeah, that was really lame - I think it was because they would have had to have paid Shannen to use a photo of her, ridiculous. :rolleyes: It would've been great if she could have returned for one episode!

What's everyone's favourite episode? :D I haven't watched every episode yet, but mine has to be The Good, The Bad and The Cursed. :cln:

the ancient
31-01-10, 09:58
I loved Charmed my favorite enemy was the Seer so evil but also smart

My favorite episoede is despert houswitches so funny !!!!!

Tombraider95
03-02-10, 21:44
I always wondered why did they changed the theme song to the opening credits in season 8? I like the song but i would prefer the orginal.

JEyMYnvivQc&

tombraiderluka
03-02-10, 21:45
I always wondered why did they changed the theme song to the opening credits in season 8? I like the song but i would prefer the orginal.

JEyMYnvivQc&
I think it was only changed on DVD?

Tombraider95
03-02-10, 21:47
Yh it is on dvd but why? :confused:

Tombraider95
14-02-10, 20:54
Sorry to double post but got a Prues death trailer i made :)

I like it :D

iyg-ply4T4g

scremanie
14-05-11, 11:40
Watching season 1 right now.

Is it just me, or is their house bigger inside than it looks outside? Is this magic? :|

TRNation
14-05-11, 12:10
Wasn't the manor a real one? If so, magic probably has nothing to do with it. :D

scremanie
14-05-11, 12:15
I think the outside was real, but when they filmed scenes inside, they used built sets. :p

The inside isn't proportioned to be equal with the outside, so I'm not sure if it was intentional to seem like the house had some sort of spell on it to make it bigger inside, or they just thought people wouldn't notice that they built the sets too big. :/

TRNation
14-05-11, 12:54
Oh, well that explains everything. :p Gotta hand it to the set designers, that's one VERY authentic-looking set. *Claps*

Honestly, your observation never really occurred to me until you mentioned it. How could I not have seen that after eight seasons? :D

jajay119
14-05-11, 13:14

The licence of the song rand out before the DVDs went into production so they could not use it unfortunately.

Wasn't the manor a real one? If so, magic probably has nothing to do with it. :D

I think the outside was real, but when they filmed scenes inside, they used built sets. :p

The inside isn't proportioned to be equal with the outside, so I'm not sure if it was intentional to seem like the house had some sort of spell on it to make it bigger inside, or they just thought people wouldn't notice that they built the sets too big. :/

They only use the sets for exterior shots as you said, but in the original pilot they used the inside of the real manor to shoot, I don't know whether they always planned to do that but found it was too small and built the set:

t4r7GISnitQ
Cly-eZlMmE8
Q36Gee0M7Rs
60mHO9nwbKE

LNSNHGTDS
14-05-11, 16:09
Hey, I haven't noticed taht thread before.

Well I only need to tell you that I wake up at 6:00 am just to watch the episodes on TV :p , I'm currently at season 4.

rowanlim
14-05-11, 16:24
I think everything went downhill after Prue died, Paige was a refreshing addition but season 4 just wasn't so fun. Loved Charmed until that season :tmb:

irishhips
14-05-11, 16:26
Wrong section for this....

RAID
14-05-11, 16:27
I love Piper's freezing power and Prue's telekinesis. The perfect combination for an invincible witch.

Alive_and_Funky
14-05-11, 16:29
I don't really agree with (what appears to be) the popular opinion that Charmed stopped being as good after Prue died, especially as I wasn't a big fan of the second season. Actually, I'll have a go at ranking my favourite seasons:

8. Season Two
7. Season Seven
6. Season Eight
5. Season Four
4. Season One
3. Season Five
2. Season Three
1. Season Six

irishhips
14-05-11, 16:32
I don't really agree with (what appears to be) the popular opinion that Charmed stopped being as good after Prue died, especially as I wasn't a big fan of the second season.I agree, Prue is my favoirite one, but I like Pagie too, plus from season 4 to 8 had some great moments.

RAID
14-05-11, 16:35
Season 8 was the weakest for me.

The best one I think would be season 4. After Prue died, the shows suffered a bit, not because Shannon/Prue were the best, because I prefer Rose/Paige, but it was a bit...weird how magically the forth sister showed up, yet they could bring Prue back after the countless time they had already cheated death. Other than that, season 4 was definitely the best.

The show went low when they started fighting fairytales and stuff. After Cole's final death, it felt like they just ran out of ideas. I was never really a fan of the vanquishes either. Sing a rhyming song and a demon dies...

Witches:
Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall

Demons:
Noooooooooooooooo

*start spinning around and explode*.

igonge
14-05-11, 16:36
Really, the popular opinion is Charmed went downhill after Prue died? I hated Prue lol. My favourite season was season 6 and my least favourite is 2... or 8.

irishhips
14-05-11, 16:39
Season 8 was the weakest for me.

The best one I think would be season 4. After Prue died, the shows suffered a bit, not because Shannon/Prue were the best, because I prefer Rose/Paige, but it was a bit...weird how magically the forth sister showed up, yet they could bring Prue back after the countless time they had already cheated death. Other than that, season 4 was definitely the best.That's the thing, Grams and Penny are dead, but they show up as ghosts but yet Prue never did, but What bugs me, there were no photos of Prue at the Series finale...

TRNation
14-05-11, 16:40
I definitely agree that the first two seasons were the best. Shannen Doherty basically gave that show life. She was said to be pretty hard to work with but dammit if she didn't make that show! Seasons 4-8 were great, but without Doherty's authority, the initial integration of the occult were gone in favor of more fantasy-oriented material.

Gabi
14-05-11, 18:17
Moving to the entertainment section. :)

Weemanply109
15-05-11, 12:49
I remember watching ALL the series' years ago.

Channel FIVE was like a series or 2 behind. So it took like a year later to watch the final.

I loved Kaley Cuoco, she was great in the last season, glad someone new came into it.

All the seasons are my favourites tbh. I can't decide xD

Tombraider95
15-05-11, 19:06
This is an opening for the first episode I made a while ago :p

pCv5y9qQr7o&

jajay119
15-05-11, 19:12
Season 6 was by far the worse, the production value dropped so much during that season, reusing sets but badly redressed so it was evident, Hollie being pregnant and not a major part of the latter half of the series,leading to a heavy emphasis on other, non core characters such as Richard to compensate, Drop in story quality I mean, 'Witch wars' a reality TV show for demons and a random council, which we have never met nor heard of before that takes away phoebes powers? What the hell is that about. Season 7 was better and Season 8 would have been a return to form, had it not had to incorporate Billie and Christie so heavily now to mention the fact that everything was solvable with a potion!

My order of preference for the series is;

1. Series 2
2. Series 1
3. Series 4
4. Series 5
5. Series 3
6. Series 8
7. Series 7
8. Series 6

Indiana Croft
15-05-11, 19:33
I loved the show with Prue, but I also loved Paige. They were my two favorite characters but I didn't like the fantasy based **** of the seasons with Paige in it. I mean I still liked the show, but I was more for the occult feel of it rather than the over the top fantasy-esqueness of seasons 4 forward. When Constance M Burge quite and Brad Kern took ever the direction of the show completely changed. The last few seasons got especially retarded though I did sit through it and watch it for the characters that I had grown attached to. The Golden years will always be seasons 1-5 for me. afterwards it got kinda weak. Billie was an okay addition but her acting was kinda eh for me. That's all I have to say about the show. Loved it and miss it dearly. Just wish it ended on a better note (even though the last episode made me sob pretty ridiculously)

TRNation
16-05-11, 06:15
Season 6 was by far the worse, the production value dropped so much during that season, reusing sets but badly redressed so it was evident, Hollie being pregnant and not a major part of the latter half of the series,leading to a heavy emphasis on other, non core characters such as Richard to compensate, Drop in story quality I mean, 'Witch wars' a reality TV show for demons and a random council, which we have never met nor heard of before that takes away phoebes powers? What the hell is that about. Season 7 was better and Season 8 would have been a return to form, had it not had to incorporate Billie and Christie so heavily now to mention the fact that everything was solvable with a potion!

Don't forget Valhalla and the Biker Valkyries. :p

Season 6 was definitely the weakest season post-Prue.

Hairhelmet12
16-05-11, 06:18
I loved Charmed so much, Watched it all the time. <3

Paige was my favorite. :D

That's the thing, Grams and Penny are dead, but they show up as ghosts but yet Prue never did, but What bugs me, there were no photos of Prue at the Series finale...

Wasn't there some sort of issue with Shannon and Alyssa?

jajay119
16-05-11, 06:30
I don't think it's ever been officially stated, but there were rumours the two didn't get on. Considering Hollie and Shannen were, and still are friends I think that's the logical explanation.

Peronally I liked Prue, but I don't think the show would have lasted as long with her still in it. Her character didn't have much room for growth, which halted the growth of Piper and Phoebe, plus Paige's powers gave the show much more flexibility!

LNSNHGTDS
16-05-11, 06:53
Today I watched the episode in which Paige believes she's responsible for her parents' death. The whole thing was interesting but I did not expect from Paige to have been such a dick when she was young. The most funny parts, I believe, were when Phoebe and Cole were possesed by the two spirits xD.

jajay119
16-05-11, 07:15
^ I love the episode where they each lose a sense, some very good humour in that episode!

LNSNHGTDS
16-05-11, 08:14
^ Indeed xD . I did not expect Phoebe and Cole to get married in the end! It's good they did, they're good together :) .

TRNation
16-05-11, 11:00
^Too bad Cole died anyway. :p

LNSNHGTDS
16-05-11, 13:20
^ Yeah :( :p .