PDA

View Full Version : Drag Me To Hell General Thread!

Tombraider95
29-05-09, 20:59
Hi, Im sure you've heard of this movie and thought to start a thread! :)

It looks like a really good film and i think its the first horror film im actually interested in :p

Heres the official Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsqYtOMCXhs

I want to see this film but unfortunatly im not old enough :p

What Do you think about the film? :)

Mr.Burns
29-05-09, 21:01
*bonks tombraider95 on the head and drags them to hell* :mis:

Sorry, couldn't resist :D

Well, looks interesting. I might give it a looksie when it's out on dvd :)

Tombraider95
29-05-09, 21:03
Not If i drag you to hell first :D

Smog
29-05-09, 21:04
It has 94% on Rotten Tomatoes, so ... yeah. :tmb:

FinalRequiem
29-05-09, 21:04
I went to see it the other night.
I thought it was okay, with all the hype it got about being the "Return of True Horror", I was expecting more.

But it still is very entertaining. Had some funny moments, and made me jump quite a few times :) I would definately recommend.

Tombraider95
29-05-09, 21:07
^^^^^^^^^^

Like the part on the trailer where she lays down in bed and you see that thing jump at her, is it the old woman? :confused:

Atlantisfreak666
29-05-09, 21:16
I hardly ever say this about modern horror movies, but it looks good.

TombRaiderLover
29-05-09, 21:17
First horror film in ages from the director of The Evil Dead Trilogy = must-see

irjudd
29-05-09, 21:18
Looks terrible to me, to be honest.

digitizedboy
29-05-09, 21:18
I'd rather sit and watch the Evil Dead :) This movie looks cack.

erosan
29-05-09, 21:57
for **** sakes TV shows this trailer every 5 minutes and it's driving me crazy. If it was wolverine or star trek i'd understand but this movie looks like complete ****. Thank god its coming out today so I don't have to listen to the trailer anymore.

corey01
29-05-09, 21:59
Ahhh i really wannah see this :D, might go sometime over the weekend :):jmp:

larafan25
29-05-09, 22:03
it's definately got that old horror movie feel to it,the random scary dead looking people...not like the new ones which are just a bunch of gore fests....which suck:)

bloodstormaoa
29-05-09, 23:44
Saw it tonight. It was.....AMAZING! I loved every second of it. Its instantly recognisable as a Sam Raimi film, and this may be the post-movie happies talking but it may even be better than Evil Dead!

Stand out sequence= Underground car park fight scene :jmp:

-DaNnEe..
29-05-09, 23:53
Looks terrible... But, erm, in a good way. I want to see it!

touchmyheart
29-05-09, 23:57
I saw it last night and thought it was brilliant. It took me a while to realise it was ok to laugh :D

Its also terrifying! Its been a long time since a modern horror film has actually made me jump!

TombRaiderLover
30-05-09, 01:02
Saw it tonight. It was.....AMAZING! I loved every second of it. Its instantly recognisable as a Sam Raimi film, and this may be the post-movie happies talking but it may even be better than Evil Dead!

Oh God! I must watch it now! :jmp:

Shark_Blade
30-05-09, 02:33
OK I'm intrigued to check it out now. :D

remote91
30-05-09, 02:58
I.

Want.

Now.

bloodstormaoa
30-05-09, 13:28
Oh God! I must watch it now! :jmp:

I'm going again tomorrow :D

*P.S.* Sometimes I over-hype things so please don't take my opinion as fact :o I feel bad when people are under-whelmed because of me....

*laralover*
30-05-09, 13:51
Hm i thought this was aload of nonsense saying its the scariest movie yet :p Not alot of american horrors scare me...but i might check it out because i like the director :D

Spong
30-05-09, 14:35
I don't know what to make of this film, I really don't. I've had the preview trailer rammed down my throat on TV for the past week and, to be honest, any preview that quotes reviews/ratings from the likes of The Sun and The Mirror are trying to hide something. And the voice-over that accompanies the trailer, what's that about?

"From the director of Spiderman..."

We all know what a brilliant horror Spiderman was :p

MadCroy101
30-05-09, 14:39
I might see it, if I can get the damn money!

Goose
30-05-09, 14:56
It wont be better then The Evil Dead, that movie was in the perfect place and the perfect time and had the perfect budget to make it what it was.

But it wont be hard pressed to beat Army of Darkness though will it lol. Was that the guy from Die Hard 4 in it aswell?

Paperdoll
30-05-09, 16:32
First horror film in ages from the director of The Evil Dead Trilogy = must-see

My thoughts exactly. I have no idea why but I'm super hyped to watch it. Not expecting a huge ammount of horror per se... but a bit more of the giggles that were in Evil Dead.

Although according to IMDB, there's no release date for Portugal :/

Survival
30-05-09, 17:46
Iīll copy my post from another thread... on of the best horror movies in quite some time.

I just attended a press pre-screening of DRAG ME TO HELL :jmp:

I canīt remember the last time I had so much time watching a horror movie in the cinema :D It was funny, scary and everything was perfect :D... itīs quite rude and lots of different body liquids are spilled everywhere :D. I cried from laughter and next minute I was at the edge of my seat... the camera work was simply amazing, actors rocked and not a dull moment in this amazing movie.

I fear it might be misunderstood though... thereīs no place for a movie like this in this day and age sadly. Oh and donīt let the rating fool you.. .

Classic Raimi :tmb: After retarded Spiderman trilogy heīs on top of my list again :tmb:
http://www.horrorweb.net/wp-content/gallery/dragmetohell/dragmetohell22.jpg

Ward Dragon
30-05-09, 19:46
This movie looks somewhat interesting, but I don't know if it's enough to get me to the theater :p

Nemo_91
30-05-09, 21:55
It looks pretty amazing. Can't wait to see it! :tmb: Here's a review from Rolling Stone: http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/movie/22665611/review/28454845/drag_me_to_hell
3/4

Angelus
31-05-09, 19:36
IT'S AMAZING.

Seriously, I went to see it today and it was just simply fantastic. One of the best horror films I've ever seen. It was scary, funny, ridiculous, over the top and they all worked and blended together in a brilliant film.

Easily 10/10 from me. :tmb:

I do have question, though: Where did the goat go? :p

TombRaiderLover
01-06-09, 23:00
IT'S AMAZING.

Seriously, I went to see it today and it was just simply fantastic. One of the best horror films I've ever seen. It was scary, funny, ridiculous, over the top and they all worked and blended together in a brilliant film.[/COLOR]

Go watch The Evil Dead Trilogy. Now. :mis:

I look forward to seeing it, but I don't like that it was cut down. :( I'm sure the DVD/Blu-Ray release will have footage re-instated, though.

Angelus
01-06-09, 23:06
I actually downloaded the Evil Dead trilogy last night...

TombRaiderLover
02-06-09, 06:24
I actually downloaded the Evil Dead trilogy last night...

Is that even legal? :p

Angelus
02-06-09, 11:51
Is that even legal? :p

Yes. No.

Hermina94
02-06-09, 12:02
haha the fly crawled into her mouthXD
the trailer looks pretty cool:)

LaraCroftRox
02-06-09, 17:56
I really wanna see this film...what age rating is it?

TombRaiderLover
02-06-09, 18:05
I really wanna see this film...what age rating is it?

PG-13 in the US, 15 in the UK

LaraCroftRox
02-06-09, 18:06
PG-13 in the US, 15 in the UK

Grr. I'm 14. I can pass for 15.....maybe....not really, no. :(:p

Survival
02-06-09, 18:24
I look forward to seeing it, but I don't like that it was cut down. :( I'm sure the DVD/Blu-Ray release will have footage re-instated, though.

You know what was cut? 6 (SIX) seconds of kitten killing mayhem thatīs all. As someone who saw both version of the movie I order you to stop whining and get dragged to the cinema!:D

Eyeballs are eaten, blood is vomited and thereīs even mouth to mouth puke fest. No six seconds of kitten blood needed. It pushes the PG-13 to itīs limits :tmb:

TombRaiderLover
02-06-09, 19:29
You know what was cut? 6 (SIX) seconds of kitten killing mayhem thatīs all. As someone who saw both version of the movie I order you to stop whining and get dragged to the cinema!:D

Eyeballs are eaten, blood is vomited and thereīs even mouth to mouth puke fest. No six seconds of kitten blood needed. It pushes the PG-13 to itīs limits :tmb:
As someone who detests censorship, the most minor edits in films frustrate me. That's not stopping me from watching it in the cinema, though. :D I've invited my friends to see the film with me, but we haven't decided on a date yet. I hope the film is uncut on the DVD/Blu-Ray release, or else I will be ****ed. :p

viper456
02-06-09, 22:41
Seriously, was this film meant to be a comedy? Because I was ****ing myself the whole way through. lmfao. When Christine was fighting in the car...o...m...g hahahahaha.

Excellent film! I really enjoyed it!

"here kitty kitty"

Angelus
02-06-09, 22:43
Yeah, it was supposed to be funny. :D

And I nearly died with laughter when the weight fell on the old woman's head and her eyes popped out... everyone else was sitting there giggling a little, and I was sitting there screaming with laughter! :vlol:

viper456
02-06-09, 22:45
^^ OMG I howled LMAO! There were some amazingly funny moments haha. I felt like a sick ******* with the "here kitty kitty" part. And honestly, when the cat got coughed back up, hit the floor and was rock solid....I cried a little from laughing. LMAO

Angelus
02-06-09, 22:47
:D

Everyone else in the pictures laughed at the 'Here kitty kitty' part... and when she was in her boyfriend's parents house and she says 'I used to have a cat' and they have that awkward moment... :vlol:

viper456
02-06-09, 22:50
lmaoooo "unless something...happened to it?"

"how would I know, you know cats..."

summit like that anyway LMAO. aww I wanna see it again!

Shark_Blade
21-06-09, 05:44
Watched it last night, God that was lovely. A few jumpy moments, gross scene with the old lady spitting goo, and overall it's an awesome picture. I jumped at the first opening scene with the little boy, never thought things to get heated up so early in the film lol.

SPOILER

I don't get the ending. Her boyfriend took the button for her is it? So she still become the owner of the cursed item and dragged to hell...? And he will be next?

Or did the Seer lied to her? There's no such thing as giving the cursed item to the dead?

ThatNorskChick
21-06-09, 05:59
I saw it a few weeks ago with my cousins. It was pretty good...although I could've done with out all of those gross parts with the old lady. Yeuch.

My favorite part was with the goat. :vlol:

SharkBlade, she accidently grabbed the wrong envelope when she was in her boyfriends car. If you remember earlier, she found a quarter and her boyfriend put it in an envelope...that's what she had the whole time instead of the button. :p

erosan
21-06-09, 06:01
Sigh...my best friend pretty much dragged me to watch this, and I can only describe it as a horror movie on crack.

Shark_Blade
21-06-09, 06:13
ThatNorskChick: :eek: Really? Oh my...the poor soul lol. Thanks for sharing that NorskChick. :tmb:

I especially love the scene in the graveyard, it was epic! Thunder rumbling, rain pouring and all. And when the gravestone fell on her head and she drowned lol..:cln:

BlackRainbow
21-06-09, 10:12
Hmm... this looks interesting. I saw another trailer a few days ago. :pi:

michaeldt
09-08-09, 13:10
I just saw this movie today, i liked it, I thought it was very creepy and there were al lot of jumpy bits! I thought the ending was surprising though. I LOL'd when the goat started talking :D

Ikas90
09-08-09, 13:20
Excellent movie. Scared me heaps. :D

Didn't like the ending though. Wouldv'e made sense if the curse actually passed onto the guy. :rolleyes: But no, she goes down to hell anyway./SPOILER

Legend 4ever
09-08-09, 13:39
The movie is AMAZING. I loved it so much. I love Sam Raimi and I knew I'd like this movie.
The woman who played the gypsy was so good, gave me the chils all the time. She was just so nasty.

Shark_Blade
09-08-09, 15:06
^And so gross. Yuck lol. :p

Definitely looking for a copy to buy when it came out.

Legend 4ever
09-08-09, 22:32
Yeah me too. I didn't like the ending though. It could have been so much better, but the movie is fun.

michaeldt
09-08-09, 23:13
my favorite scene was when Mrs Ganesh and Christen (I think that was her name). I liked when the staple went through the air and stapled Mrs Ganesh's eyelids together :D

Jo269976
10-08-09, 02:07
Yeah me too. I didn't like the ending though. It could have been so much better, but the movie is fun.

You were told from the poster :p

Hateshinai
12-08-09, 02:38
I saw a woman who looked exactly like Mrs Ganush in the tube last week !
She even had a dysfunctional eye ! :yik:

I was afraid I would offend her in anyway and she would throw the Lamia at me ! :D

Tombraider95
24-12-09, 12:16
I watched this film last night.

It was a good film because some of the parts where quite funny but some parts were jumpy aswell :p

Spoiler:
If you want to see it dont expect a happy ending :(

The ending was sad and dissapointing but worth watching.

Los Angeles
24-12-09, 12:24
They should do a continuation...

Shark_Blade
24-12-09, 12:40
^lol like what? Drag Me Back To Earth?

Jo269976
24-12-09, 13:12
^lol like what? Drag Me Back To Earth?
:vlol:

Drag Me To Generic Sequel :p