PDA

View Full Version : Which voice actress is your favorite?

Ward Dragon
30-05-09, 01:26
Which of Lara's past voice actors is your favorite? If it was possible, would you want her to voice Lara in the next game?

Poll requested by Phlip :)

crazyraider147
30-05-09, 01:30
GRRRR.... I want to choose two. :(

*EDIT: Ok... Hawes*

lacryjr
30-05-09, 01:38
I love Elliot, but I have to choose Hawes.

Trfansince1996
30-05-09, 01:41
About the only good thing about the new games...Keeley Hawes' voice acting is superb.

ThatNorskChick
30-05-09, 01:45
I voted Jonell. Though I liked Judith's as well.

violentblossom
30-05-09, 01:46
Jonell. :tmb:

Zebra
30-05-09, 01:47
Jonell Elliot :tmb:!!!

CiaFutureK
30-05-09, 01:50
Keeley Hawes by far for me. :D

AmericanAssassin
30-05-09, 02:16
I absolutely adore Jonell Elliot, but Keeley Hawes is great as well. ;)

!Lara Croft!
30-05-09, 02:20
Judith Gibbons, i love lara's voice in TR2-3.

Qualopek
30-05-09, 02:28
Judith for sure, Jonell is also very good.

Tyrannosaurus
30-05-09, 02:39
Shelley Blond. I sincerely hope I won't be alone here for long. She has a special place in my heart, since she's the first Lara I ever heard.

Jonell Elliot comes second for me. If we continue with the AOD storyline and disregard the last three, I'd want her back.

Squibbly
30-05-09, 02:47
I always thought Judith sounded too masculine...

I voted for Keeley. She can actually ACT, which is kind of important when one wants to be a voice actor/actress.

stereopathic
30-05-09, 02:51
judith has the most elegant voice and has always been my favorite so she gets my vote. however, keeley is by FAR the best actress to ever voice the role and i really enjoy her work.

Melonie Tomb Raider
30-05-09, 04:20
Judith!!!! :yah:

TheUnderworld
30-05-09, 04:27
Keeley Hawes has done an amzing job. She should stay:tmb:

KC Mraz
30-05-09, 04:53
Keeley. Hands down :D.

haz0r
30-05-09, 04:54
Shelley Blond, the original and the best. I really disliked Judith Gibbons.

takamotosan
30-05-09, 04:58
Keeley, most definitely.

class with an edge.
just what lara should be

(if only keeley were presented with a game really worthy of her talents :p)

Tony9595
30-05-09, 05:03
Keeley. Hands down :D.

:tmb:

YOU CAN DIE TOO!!

WHERE IS MY MOTHER!?!?

I think she has the perfect voice :D

Melonie Tomb Raider
30-05-09, 05:10
Keeley sounds too wimpy imo. :/

MattTR
30-05-09, 05:14
Jonell was my favorite, for me she just screamed Lara, but Keely is my next choice, she's getting the hang of it. :)

telcontar
30-05-09, 05:15
Shelly Blond - ok

Judith Gibbons - amateur

Jonell Elliot - ok, but too monotonous

Keely Hawes - the best at doing her job out of these 4.

Natey168
30-05-09, 05:49
I think Keeley's got it for me, too.

Tear
30-05-09, 07:19
Keeley Hawes, of course.;)

WSOwen02
30-05-09, 07:27
Hawes

RAID
30-05-09, 07:39
Judith Gibbons (TR2-3)

Alex Fly
30-05-09, 09:09
Keeley, but I liked Jonell too. Anyway I play the game in french so I'm not that bothered. :p

MiCkiZ88
30-05-09, 09:16
Jonell :)

Lost_Soul
30-05-09, 09:16
Jonell Elliot. :D
Judith and Shelley are great too but Keeley's voice is annoying.

MikaelB
30-05-09, 09:18
Where is Françoise Cadol ????? :hea:
She's the French voice actress for Lara Croft, and she's great to me :)

Alex Fly
30-05-09, 09:23
Where is Françoise Cadol ????? :hea:
She's the French voice actress for Lara Croft, and she's great to me :)
Françoise Cadol FTW ! She's the best ! :tmb:

Mad Tony
30-05-09, 09:25
Judith Gibbins definitely :tmb: That said though, I think Jonell Elliot is pretty good too, followed by Shelley Blond. But Keeley Hawes, how is she winning? :eek: Personally I thought she was terrible.

ShadyCroft
30-05-09, 09:40
I like Judith and Jonell, but I pick Jonell.

Reggie
30-05-09, 09:55
Keeley Hawes is winning because she's fresher in the majorities' minds and she's more well known overall as well as having a talent just as good as Jonell Elliot.

Saying that, Jonell has recently become my favourite over Judith. After playing TR3's beta and getting a little taste of what the classics could have been like with someone more soft and feminine sounding - I think Core going for Jonell in TR4 was the right decision. I'm also playing TR:AOD at the moment and she's got so many brilliant and well delivered lines in that one.

'What the HELL is going on around here!?' @finding Bouchard body in the cupboard)
'If I had a coconut for every lunatic that said something like that' @Muller saying he's been promised immortality by Eckhardt
'Move that hand another inch, and you'll be wiping counters with stumps!' @Man in the shop
'So what are you? A city guide?' @Pimp near the run down train
Kurtis: Name's Kurtis
Lara: Lara. And this is business.

So that's why I'm voting for Jonell and yes its probably partly to do with the fact she's fresh in mind. :p

*PH*
30-05-09, 10:13
i like keeley hawes most:jmp:

Doctorb
30-05-09, 10:14
I really don't know why we bother having these polls as we all know they are going to be a little 'new shoes' biased at the moment, when most haven't even tried any others on!

However, appointing Keeley was probably the only original masterstroke Crystal got right, ideal voice for Lara (disregarding the scripts etc) and not that well known (at the time). Tough choice as I love em all. :)

Verdilet
30-05-09, 10:16
Shelley Blond, although it was a tough choice between her and Judith Gibbins. I particularly like how she speaks in TR1 though, especially lines like "a kind of evolution on steroids, then?". :D

Zebra
30-05-09, 10:17
About the only good thing about the new games...Keeley Hawes' voice acting is superb.

It is indeed very good. But her voice just doesn't fit Lara IMO.

Phlip
30-05-09, 10:22
My favourite to least favourite:

Jonell Elliot
Judith Gibbons
Keeley Hawes
Shelley Blonde

Jonell fits Lara Croft perfectly. The voice + the character are very compatible.

Keeley Hawes is winning because she's fresher in the majorities' minds and she's more well known overall as well as having a talent just as good as Jonell Elliot.

Saying that, Jonell has recently become my favourite over Judith. After playing TR3's beta and getting a little taste of what the classics could have been like with someone more soft and feminine sounding - I think Core going for Jonell in TR4 was the right decision. I'm also playing TR:AOD at the moment and she's got so many brilliant and well delivered lines in that one.

'What the HELL is going on around here!?' @finding Bouchard body in the cupboard)
'If I had a coconut for every lunatic that said something like that' @Muller saying he's been promised immortality by Eckhardt
'Move that hand another inch, and you'll be wiping counters with stumps!' @Man in the shop
'So what are you? A city guide?' @Pimp near the run down train
Kurtis: Name's Kurtis
Lara: Lara. And this is business.

So that's why I'm voting for Jonell and yes its probably partly to do with the fact she's fresh in mind. :p

Don't forget "Is that it! Is that all you've got?" from when Luddick showed her the dossiers on Eckhardt and Bouchard. And "You unsavoury little runt". :mis:

cardmonster
30-05-09, 10:22
Keeley Hawes. Not because she's the newest or because she's got the most dialogue. Simply because she's the best.

Minty Mouth
30-05-09, 10:24
Yup, Keeley Hawes is Lara's voice now to me. Its perfect :)

-Roli-
30-05-09, 10:25
Judith GibbIns

Rivendell
30-05-09, 10:28
Jonell all the way for me. :tmb:

Changeling
30-05-09, 10:31
I love Jonell Elliot's Lara! :tmb: Definitely her, though Keeley does do a good job... but sometimes the script is... UGH.

Judith GibbIns

No, Gibbons is correct.

-Roli-
30-05-09, 10:35
No, Gibbons is correct.

Why? :p

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/lara/judithgibbins/index.html

Phlip
30-05-09, 10:44
Yeah, it is Gibbins: http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=judith%20gibbins&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

My mistake. :o

Mad Tony
30-05-09, 10:47
"Where is my mother!!!!!" was enough to put me off Keeley Hawes for good. I'm not doubting her abilities, but she just doesn't fit Lara IMO.

]{eith
30-05-09, 10:50
Keeley's been unfortunate to have crappy, crappy scripts. She can do Lara very, very well but we rarely get to see it.
Jonell is Lara for me. She gave Lara that character and edge that she was known for in TR4-AOD. And I love the quality of her voice as well, it's very different. She has a husky, sexy voice.

alisteravenger
30-05-09, 11:00
As much as I liked Jonell Elliot, I'm going to have to vote for Keeley. :)

MrCroftAndre
30-05-09, 11:29
Keeley Hawes. :D

adventurerLara
30-05-09, 11:31
Keeley Hawes, no doubt about it:D

Reggie
30-05-09, 11:33
Don't forget "Is that it! Is that all you've got?" from when Luddick showed her the dossiers on Eckhardt and Bouchard. And "You unsavoury little runt". :mis:

I love those lines as well. :tmb:
'You unsavoury little runt' is perhaps one of the best. :D

b0bb13
30-05-09, 12:25
Definitely Keeley.:D
I also love Judith and Shelley,they're simply amazing.Jonell has a great voice and she has some really awesome lines,but most of the time she sounds like she can't act.

paulwork
30-05-09, 12:25
I like Keeley, but I had to vote for other - a new voice actress with the kind of pronounciation that a Helena-Bonham Carter, Julia Sawalha can pull off.

Joanna Lumley would probably do a good ,voice and could probably do quite a good teeth-gritting Lara. Problem is I would always picture her as Patsy Stone scaling Tomb structures with a bottle of vodka in one hand and a cigarette in the other.

Besides, I think Keeley might be getting a bit too big for her/Lara's boots at this stage, so I'm kind of expecting either she won't want to do it, or Eidos won't want to use her any more.

TombRaiderLover
30-05-09, 12:30
Jonell Elliot :tmb:

Judith is brilliant too. Shelley was good, though having voiced Lara in only one game, she never really left an impression. Keeley is also good, but her voice is too soft.

accordingtojoe
30-05-09, 12:40
Keeley ftw lol
though 2nd favourite is Jonell XD

Mai
30-05-09, 12:41
Jonell Elliot

Her voice was fitting and just made Lara, Lara. So awsome ;)

cardmonster
30-05-09, 12:52
Besides, I think Keeley might be getting a bit too big for her/Lara's boots at this stage, so I'm kind of expecting either she won't want to do it, or Eidos won't want to use her any more.
What makes you think that? As long as Eidos continue to pay her salary, she'll do it. :tmb:

Marianna12
30-05-09, 12:54
Keeley Hawes (TR7+)

:D

Seth94
30-05-09, 12:58
I voted for Judith Gibbons TR2-3. ;)

]{eith
30-05-09, 13:01
I absolute love the idea of Julia Sawalha or Joanna Lumley. Though both have fantastic voices and are both great actresses. Lumley probably wouldn't be able to come across as young enough however and I too wouldn't be able to play the game without thinking of Patsy. :p

scoopy_loopy
30-05-09, 15:07
I loved Jonell the most, as a voice.

But I really like Keeley as a person :p Or atleast, Ive liked her in interviews and what Ive seen of her on other shows.

Ariel
30-05-09, 15:11
Keeley. She the best in my books.

Wana b like Lara
30-05-09, 15:31
Keely Hawes! :hug:

Just turned on Ashes to Ashes on BBC 1 and didn't know what it was untill i heard her voice, couldn't stop listening! Ended up watching the whol show ... :pi:

Fallen.Angel
30-05-09, 15:39
Definitely Jonell :tmb:

Potkanka
30-05-09, 15:51
Jonell of course! :D
But Judith is pretty good too! :)

Jeissy
30-05-09, 15:51
I have gotten used to Keeley, but I wouldn't mind Jonell as well :D

Lara's home
30-05-09, 15:57
Not voting.
Either Jonell or Keeley for me.

silver_wolf
30-05-09, 16:00
Ms. Hawes, please.

raiderfun
30-05-09, 16:07
Judith Gibbins, best one ever ! :tmb:

EmeraldFields
30-05-09, 16:09
Keeley Hawes fits Lara the best IMO.:)

Megalith
30-05-09, 17:28
Judith Gibbins!:tmb:I don't care if she didn't had any voice acting experience prior to her TR work,in my opinion she managed to capture Lara's character perfectly.
Keeley sounds too girly for my tastes although to be fair,she had a really awful script to work with.

Mytly
30-05-09, 19:32
IMO, Shelley Blond embodied better than any of the later voice actresses: intelligent, sophisticated, and every inch a "lady" in the true old-fashioned British sense of the word. ;)

That said, I quite like Keeley Hawes and Jonell Elliot too. Judith Gibbins is the only one whose voice I didn't really like, though I have to admit that she did a good job with some of the wry one-liners Lara had in TR2 & TR3. :)

Super Badnik
30-05-09, 19:56
Keeley Hawes FTW. Juddith was my close second choice. Elliot was too high pitched IMO.

Tear
30-05-09, 19:58
I couldn't picture TR without Keeley.;)
I wonder if she would want to return for TR9...

Mokono
30-05-09, 20:52
Sorry, Jud...
Jonell.

NightWish
30-05-09, 21:05
Jonell :wve:

TRhalloween
30-05-09, 21:07
Keeley.

Rai
30-05-09, 21:10
Keeley Hawes is my favourite. She certainly can act well.

Clawed
30-05-09, 21:20
Keeley Hawes.

dizzydoil
30-05-09, 21:26
I love Jonell's.

marla_biggs
30-05-09, 21:31
judith gibbons - superb, witty... i really liked the script and voice work in tr 2 and 3. not sure if i would want her to come back though - would seem weird. keeley does a good job, she's my second fav :tmb:

gtkilla
30-05-09, 21:31
Keeley Hawes has won me over as my all-time favorite Lara voice actress with Underworld. Judith has been pushed to second. :D

Greenkey2
30-05-09, 21:55
Jonell was my first experience of Lara, and to me she definitely captured the toughness of the character - and the wit - perfectly.

That said, I'm also fond of Judith. She's slightly more cultured, and wonderfully dry :D

Keeley has a wonderful voice, but she's just a little too girlie and high-pitched to suit my taste in Tomb Raider.

Lara Fan 4Life
30-05-09, 22:15
For me it is the lovely Keeley Hawes. :D

Lemmie
30-05-09, 22:30
Even having gone through all the Tomb Raiders fairly chronogically, I think Keeley is the best voice actress the series has had.

Biddy
30-05-09, 22:35
Keeley, thought she was a bit too soft-sounding for Lara until I heard her ROARS in Legend's ending. :vlol:

Nevertheless, Judith is certainly my second choice, loved the dry wit. :D

matrix54
30-05-09, 23:36
Jonell FTW!!

jackali
30-05-09, 23:44
It's a tough one. I really like Keeley... but I prefer Jonell more.

2kool4u
30-05-09, 23:45
Ive fallen for keeley's voice :D XD

Johnnay
30-05-09, 23:51
Judith Gibbins

definitely the best:D

i like Jonnell as well

i dont mind Kelley but why is she winning. she can.................

Ceamonks890
31-05-09, 00:00
I like Jonell Elliott the most since AoD was my first TR game and she makes Lara sound more cool, although I think Keeley is getting the hang of it. I think she actually did a really good job with Underworld and Anniversary. I hated her voice in Legend though. I still hope they bring back Jonell someday to voice Lara again.

LaraRules81
31-05-09, 00:30
Keeley Hawes :jmp:

larafan25
31-05-09, 00:56
I chose keeley Hawes

by the way,the should have put the "other" choice as the first choice...the poll has a nice stair-like effect:)

Ward Dragon
31-05-09, 06:23
I voted for Shelley Blond because I love the way she says her lines. For example, there is such reverence in her voice when she reads the inscription at Tihocan's tomb, and her voice is filled with understanding when she's talking to Natla about Atlantis (as opposed to being angry or judgmental). I think her tone and her way of delivering the lines was one of the major influences shaping Lara's character in my mind :)

Tyrannosaurus
31-05-09, 06:37
I notice there is a correlation between how recent the voice actress is to her popularity. Is this because Lara's voice actress keep getting better, or because the fan base has expanded in volume exponentially? I wonder if there's a correlation between your favorite Lara voice and the first TR game you've played?

RetardedRaider
31-05-09, 07:52
keeley hawes! but jonell elliot is nice too

mau3genius
31-05-09, 08:41
As stated in many threads with this question, my vote goes (always!) to Jonell Elliott.

BoyTRaider
31-05-09, 08:57
Jonell for me! :D

cardmonster
31-05-09, 09:06
I notice there is a correlation between how recent the voice actress is to her popularity. Is this because Lara's voice actress keep getting better, or because the fan base has expanded in volume exponentially? I wonder if there's a correlation between your favorite Lara voice and the first TR game you've played?
I think both. :) As the popularity of the series has increased and videogames have become a more serious business, the produces have had more money to spend on voice actors. Consequently, later games have been more well produced, acquiring the fantastic Kris Zimmerman to direct Underworld. Speaking objectively with no rose-tinted specs, the quality of voice acting has dramatically improved from the first game onwards, regardless of the script or how the story is implemented.

Mad Tony
31-05-09, 09:15
I notice there is a correlation between how recent the voice actress is to her popularity. Is this because Lara's voice actress keep getting better, or because the fan base has expanded in volume exponentially? I wonder if there's a correlation between your favorite Lara voice and the first TR game you've played?Well I've noticed a lot of the newer members voted for Keeley Hawes.

Super Badnik
31-05-09, 10:10
Well I've noticed a lot of the newer members voted for Keeley Hawes.Dosen't mean new members haven't played older titles. I only joined this place a couple months back and i've been playing TR since the second game.

Rivendell
31-05-09, 10:12

I think it applies to most things. The newer entries are going to be fresher in more people's minds, and so to are the things within it - I.E voices, levels.

Mad Tony
31-05-09, 10:18
Dosen't mean new members haven't played older titles. I only joined this place a couple months back and i've been playing TR since the second game.I never said that was the case, but a lot of the newer members are newer fans. Newer fans in general often haven't played the classics or are more familiar with the newer games, just like older fans are normally more familiar with the classics.

TombRaiderCool
31-05-09, 10:20
I voted Keeley. I simply love her voice, especially her some of her lines in Underworld. Judith comes a close second though! :)

scion89
31-05-09, 11:15
In the end I chose Keeley Hawes. It was a tough desision (her? or Judith Gibbons?). They have such nice voices! :hea:

I chose Keeley because between her and Judith, she has voiced Lara more (even if it is only by 1 game), and Judith made Lara sound much older (although very very refined), whereas Keeley, her voice suits the face of Lara.

I have never really cared much for Jonell Elliot. Her voice was great in TR4 and 5, but in AOD she sounded like an angry hormonal teenager which really put me off.

Shelly, however, her voice was used far too little (her voice was nice though) and she only voiced TR1. So she would have to be my least favourite voice of Lara.

Vinkula
31-05-09, 11:23
Hard Decision. I love Elliot and Hawes, but Elliot's voice doesn't fit to the new games.
So I select Hawes.

(I don't play TR:s in England, only in spain)

Johnnay
31-05-09, 14:05
i never said that was the case, but a lot of the newer members are newer fans. Newer fans in general often haven't played the classics or are more familiar with the newer games, just like older fans are normally more familiar with the classics.

qft:)

lara fan #1
31-05-09, 14:06
Jonell Elliot :tmb:!!!

i agree

telcontar
31-05-09, 14:51
I think it applies to most things. The newer entries are going to be fresher in more people's minds, and so to are the things within it - I.E voices, levels.

That absolutely doesn't mean that people will love everything just because it is new or fresher in their mind.

ajrich17901
31-05-09, 14:53
Jonell Elliot (TR4-6)

The new lara doesn't sound right to me i love the older one.

]{eith
31-05-09, 15:00
That absolutely doesn't mean that people will love everything just because it is new or fresher in their mind.

He didn't say it did.

herothing
31-05-09, 15:00
I think Keeley is the perfect voice although sometimes she isnt so great. The funniest part was 'WHERE IS MY MOTHER' :D

telcontar
31-05-09, 15:01
{eith;3687678']He didn't say it did.

He implied it.

]{eith
31-05-09, 15:04
Really? Seems to me he just pointed out that people are likely to remember something in more detail if it's fresh in their mind, e.g a voice actress.

cardmonster
31-05-09, 15:37
{eith;3687687']Really? Seems to me he just pointed out that people are likely to remember something in more detail if it's fresh in their mind, e.g a voice actress.
No, he implied it. "Levels" was a reference to the other thread where we're voting on our all-time favourite Tomb Raider levels, and the ignominy of Coastal Thailand coming out on top. Rivendell's not alone, but increasingly it seems like the only way we can explain the popularity of recent additions/alterations to the series is by some sort of convolution whereby the opinion is less valid.

Brikas94
31-05-09, 16:12
Keeley is my favourite...:)

Rivendell
31-05-09, 16:53
{eith;3687687']Really? Seems to me he just pointed out that people are likely to remember something in more detail if it's fresh in their mind, e.g a voice actress.

Yup, pretty much. Memory plays a big part in it.
Some will remember their favourite voice or level be it from TR1 or TR5, etc.
Some will not really remember those, and so vote for a more recent entry because they find them pretty cool.
Some will genuinely prefer a new entry over an old one.
Some will genuinely prefer an old entry over a new one.
Some will vote for an old out of spite for the new.
Some will vote for the new out of spite for the old.

I'm not commenting on validity of opinion since that would be pointless and stupid. To each their own.
I know some people have a problem with that - but hey, that's cool too. ;)

Raider969
31-05-09, 18:39
I choosed Shelley Blond (TR1). I liked that voice. She had some voice. :D

Rivendell
31-05-09, 18:46
I choosed Shelley Blond (TR1). I liked that voice. She had some voice. :D

Have you seen/heard her on "Peep Show"? :D

Reggie
31-05-09, 18:47
^I'd like to see where she was in Peep Show. I quite enjoy it and I'd like to hear Shelley again.
She did a good job I think. :tmb:

Rivendell
31-05-09, 18:51
There used to be a clip on youtube, but I can't find it now.
I have a feeling that if it were, then it might only be suitable for MGC, too. :whi:

I just checked google, and it's in Ep1 S3 anyway.

Reggie
31-05-09, 18:53
^Found it. Cheers Chris. :tmb:

Carbonek_0051
31-05-09, 18:55
I was going to vote for Shelly seeing as she was always my favorite, but I like Keeley's voice a lot. She can be calm, intellegent, angry, threatening, and sarcastic. She's the closest to Shelly than any of the VA's after TR1 came close to. That being said, I was also going to vote other because I loved Minnie Driver in the Re/visioned series, she was a mixture of old & new.:tmb:

But of course I chose keeley.:p

]{eith
31-05-09, 18:57
I'd forgotten about Minnie Driver, she was actually a really, really good Lara. It's odd how they managed to get such an A-list star to play Lara in an internet cartoon.

Rivendell
31-05-09, 18:58
I loved Minnie Driver in the Re/visioned series, she was a mixture of old & new.:tmb:

Did they ever release that on DVD?

Carbonek_0051
31-05-09, 19:00
{eith;3688192']I'd forgotten about Minnie Driver, she was actually a really, really good Lara. It's odd how they managed to get such an A-list star to play Lara in an internet cartoon.Indeed, I still say that if Keeley does not come back for TR9 she would be the perfect choice.;)

Did they ever release that on DVD?

Sadly no, I have looked everywhere to see if it would ever happen and have found nothing.:(

I am hoping someday they will be.:o

EDIT:For people who haven't heard of the series or heard Minnine Driver as Lara:p:

AnxiqRZYUPA

Rai
31-05-09, 19:14
^ I loved her voice acting in that. She'd make an excellent replacement if Keeley quits.

Lenochka
31-05-09, 19:19
Shelley Blond

To me, she is the voice of Lara since TR1 was the first game I played.

ThatNorskChick
31-05-09, 20:58
Indeed, I still say that if Keeley does not come back for TR9 she would be the perfect choice.;)

Hear, hear! I love her voice. :D

Johnnay
31-05-09, 20:59
i dont get why keeley is winning this badly:(

Carbonek_0051
31-05-09, 21:02
^ I loved her voice acting in that. She'd make an excellent replacement if Keeley quits.Indeed.:tmb:
Hear, hear! I love her voice. :D
i dont get why keeley is winning this badly:(Because obviously people like her.:p

]{eith
31-05-09, 21:10
Hehe. The more I think of Joanna Lumley, the more I think how wrong she would be for the part, but how much I would love it at the same time! She could really make Lara sound posh and terrifying at the same time!

iB-pRPOywHc

:vlol: I can totally hear Lara saying this to Amanda! Oh god, it's terrible! :D

Raider969
31-05-09, 21:18
Have you seen/heard her on "Peep Show"? :DNo. I have never heard of "Peep Show". Thanks for the post anyway. :)

Rivendell
31-05-09, 21:20
{eith;3688567']Hehe. The more I think of Joanna Lumley, the more I think how wrong she would be for the part, but how much I would love it at the same time! She could really make Lara sound posh and terrifying at the same time!

:vlol:

Lumley as a more mature Lara would be fantastic! Especially if she added some humour to the role!

Rai
31-05-09, 22:08
Joanna Lumley ftw :vlol:

Poldo
31-05-09, 23:03
For the italian Lara I want Elda Olivieri's voice^_^

Yuna´s Wish
01-06-09, 01:18
Keeley´s voice is fantastic :tmb:

oocladableeblah
01-06-09, 01:26
Jonell Elliot FTW!!! :p

Romantics Inc.
02-06-09, 20:59
Shelley Blond F-T-W! :jmp:

Lee croft
02-06-09, 22:21
keeley!!!!!

Zebra
02-06-09, 22:28
Core Supporters: Okay. Let's compromise. You Get Keeley as the winner in the voice actresses poll and we get CD's levels as the losers in the level tournament poll.

Crystal Supporters: But Keeley already is the winner.

Core Supporters (whispering): Damn! They noticed it. Time for plan B :mis:...
Core Supporters (aloud): Who wants cookies?

Romantics Inc.
02-06-09, 22:31
Core Supporters: Okay. Let's compromise. You Get Keeley as the winner in the voice actresses poll and we get CD's levels as the losers in the level tournament poll.

Crystal Supporters: But Keeley already is the winner.

Core Supporters (whispering): Damn! They noticed it. Time for plan B :mis:...
Core Supporters (aloud): Who wants cookies?

Oh go stuff your face with some cookies! :o (No harm intended, Zebra hehe :mis:)

shadow_boy
03-06-09, 03:20
Keeley has done a great work in the last 3 games

Scia
03-06-09, 03:55
Keeley all the way!

She has all the power and wit that Lara needs, and I would LOVE to see the writers give her lines that she could express that with.

Atlantisfreak666
03-06-09, 04:45
I love Keeley and Jonell.

ANoDE
03-06-09, 05:37
I chose "other - please specify" because I am no native english speaker (obviously) and I didn't have the chance to experience english tomb raider voice acting until Keeley took over.

I'm quite happy with her, but I just don't have anyone for comparison. And voting for a different-language voice actor makes no sense to me actually, because you would have to take the quality of the translations into consideration - which sometimes seems to be quite bad.

Altair
03-06-09, 06:53
Elliot. She has a lovely, mature voice that can be as sweet (Chronicles, Rome) as it is intimidating (Angel of Darkness, Paris).

Chris.Talg0
03-06-09, 07:25
keeley. :D but i also like jonell......

Kiss-Bite
03-06-09, 14:18
Jonell Elliot's voice although nice was far too sweet, made Lara sound like a little girl sometimes.:p

Judith Gibbons provided my favourite Lara voice. In TRII & TRIII she gave Lara voice a very British tone that had class of course but also a strength, sophistication with a slice of attitude.:D Shelly Bond is very close, her voice is quite similar to Judith Gibbons.:D

I think Keeley Hawes has done a fine job as well to be honest. However, TR1, TRII & TRIII remain my favourites in the whole series. I suppose it is no surprise then that I like Lara's voice in those games.:)

Cloe Christina
03-06-09, 15:40
for the current lara it would be Keeley Hawes.....but for the old lara (tr1-6) it would have to be Jonell Elliot.....so have voted for Jonell Elliot......

x2crazyidiot
03-06-09, 16:11
as much as I entirely adore Keeley, I think I actually prefer Minnie Driver's voice as Lara in the Re/Visioned series just a tad more, I thought it sounded EXACTLY like Lara Croft :D

ClassicCroft
03-06-09, 16:37
♥Jonell♥

SoulReaver74
03-06-09, 17:11
Keeley would have been my number 1 choice by a mile but there's no challenge to Judith Gibbons wonderful voice talents which for me personally has no equal. strong, full of conviction and totally fearless, very memorable, the conversation with the geordie fella before the start of Lud's Gate was unforgettable. :D

SLAYER
03-06-09, 19:09
Jonell Elliot !

Legends
03-06-09, 20:36
Now Keeley Hawes is my favorite, but before it used to be Jonell. It changed because they have kept Keeley for three games, and I really hope they stick with her. They can't change the voice now. It would be wierd.

MadCroy101
03-06-09, 23:33
Jonell, obviously.

Carbonek_0051
04-06-09, 00:14
as much as I entirely adore Keeley, I think I actually prefer Minnie Driver's voice as Lara in the Re/Visioned series just a tad more, I thought it sounded EXACTLY like Lara Croft :D

Glad I'm not the only one who thought so.:D

Squibbly
04-06-09, 00:51
My mother sat next to Minnie Driver at a wedding a few years ago. :p

Eddie Haskell
04-06-09, 01:03
Judith Gibbons provided my favourite Lara voice. In TRII & TRIII she gave Lara voice a very British tone that had class of course but also a strength, sophistication with a slice of attitude.:D Shelly Bond is very close, her voice is quite similar to Judith Gibbons.:D

I wholeheartedly agree with this. In my minds eye I associate this voice with Lara...always.

NYCL@R@
16-06-09, 21:30
I voted others cuz Shelley Blond and Keeley Hawes voice sounded about the same. But I wouldnt mind if Keeley Hawes came back...or Shelley.

Tony9595
16-06-09, 21:42
↑ Are you serious?!

There´s a huge difference :eek:

ClankDaxter
16-06-09, 22:39
I love the Jonnel Eliot... Her voice is so sexy... But I don't mind being Keeley! Her voice is good for Lara aswell

jjbennett
16-06-09, 23:25
Jonell because she does the sexy, sultry and dry wit but can add some humour to it as well. Plus, her voice is aural sex :)

Rivendell
16-06-09, 23:26
Jonell because she does the sexy, sultry and dry wit but can add some humour to it as well. Plus, her voice is aural sex :)

Thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets that. :D

Heckler
17-06-09, 02:30
Am i the only one thats so in love with Angelina's voice?...

She needs to work a tad on the accent though

silver_wolf
17-06-09, 02:31
I thought she was pretty good, but I like Keeley better.

scremanie
09-07-09, 07:27
well.. my favorite is Jonell, but for the new Lara Keeley does great job.
But I voted Jonell :)

laracroftswest
09-07-09, 07:34
I love all of them! But I voted for Jonell.

Kiss-Bite
09-07-09, 07:42
I wholeheartedly agree with this. In my minds eye I associate this voice with Lara...always.

Me too.:tmb:

Thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets that. :D

Jonnel certainly has a very nice voice, hence why her voice is on quite a few UK TV ads. For me though her voice makes Lara sound too young & very girly & doesn't have the strength in tone that I imagine Lara having. It's very interesting reading people's choices & the reasons why.:)

Drone
09-07-09, 08:11
Jonell :wve:

Rivendell
09-07-09, 08:30
Jonnel certainly has a very nice voice, hence why her voice is on quite a few UK TV ads. For me though her voice makes Lara sound too young & very girly & doesn't have the strength in tone that I imagine Lara having. It's very interesting reading people's choices & the reasons why.:)

People say she's girly, but I've only heard that for myself when she played Teenage Lara.
Aside from that she has a depth to her voice that adds to her toughness, and makes it sound like she's reciting her lines with a look on her face like this: :mis:

J5mGm_AybL8

Alex_
09-07-09, 09:53
Jonell Elliot :)

tonyme
09-07-09, 09:55
Jonell Elliot :tmb:

FOREVER! Her voice is just too amazing, I can't associate the real Lara to someone else but her

JDSmith260792
09-07-09, 20:32
Keeley of course... :D :D

Love ya xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

tranniversary119
09-07-09, 20:45
Shelley Blond FTW

Immortalis08
09-07-09, 20:51
How did I miss this thread. Either way I prefer Judith Gibbons. Her harsh voice and seriously/sarcastic personality really breathed a whole new life into Lara.

Azerutan
09-07-09, 20:54
Judith Gibbons will always be Lara for me. I can't believe people prefer Keeley :confused:

tonyme
09-07-09, 20:55
Judith Gibbons will always be Lara for me. I can't believe people prefer Keeley :confused:

I know! :confused:

da tomb raider!
09-07-09, 21:01
I voted for Jonell Elliot, but I'm rather fond of Judith Gibbons' voice as well. :tmb:

AmericanAssassin
09-07-09, 21:08
People say she's girly, but I've only heard that for myself when she played Teenage Lara.
Aside from that she has a depth to her voice that adds to her toughness, and makes it sound like she's reciting her lines with a look on her face like this: :mis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5mGm_AybL8

I've never heard any of that before. Oh, I miss her voice. It's so fitting for the type of character that Lara is. :(

I voted for Jonell Elliot, but I'm rather fond of Judith Gibbons' voice as well. :tmb:

I've liked all of the voices for different reasons, but I espcially agree with that. Those two are the Lara Croft I love. :mis:

Seb_01225
09-07-09, 21:29
Jonell Elliot

toby_13
09-07-09, 21:37

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5mGm_AybL8

"I feel stronger now!" :hea: :D

I love Jonell, but my vote goes to Keeley. She's amazing. :tmb:

toughraid3r37
09-07-09, 22:33
Keeley :D :D :D. Because she sounds just perfect ;). Plus the games i play most often are TRL, TRA, and TRU. Although i did like Judith too. ;)

Zebra
09-07-09, 23:01
Keeley :D :D :D. Because she sounds just perfect ;). Plus the games i play most often are TRL, TRA, and TRU. Although i did like Judith too. ;)

What does that have to do with Keeley as a voice actress :confused:?

Super Badnik
09-07-09, 23:05
What does that have to do with Keeley as a voice actress :confused:?Keeley voices Lara in those games, perhaps.

Ward Dragon
09-07-09, 23:29
What does that have to do with Keeley as a voice actress :confused:?

Probably because they hear her the most as Lara due to replaying those games so she's the voice actress that they are most used to.

H4RR7H
10-07-09, 09:20
Keeley by far :hug:

My signature means no disrespect btw, just a pun I spotted :p

I completely endorse her - her voice is so... silky! :tmb:

Elysion
10-07-09, 13:53
Hawes

abraham
10-07-09, 15:00
Jonell!!

just croft
10-07-09, 15:08
Judith Gibbons - The last two ones have been somewhat annoying...

Blackmoor
10-07-09, 16:45
Judith - of course. Absolutely epitomises Lara Croft for me.

The only one I haven't liked is Jonell.

seashell093
10-07-09, 21:46
TR1--Shelley:)

mslivetoGAME
10-07-09, 22:00
Couldnt decide between Elliot or Hawes....i picked Hawes:p

Lara's_Guy
10-07-09, 22:12
Hawes. :) I think she does a great job.

ZIP!2009
10-07-09, 23:12