PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone own a Spider / Tarantula?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Nenya awakens
30-05-09, 16:04
I'm really Tempted to either get a Indian Ornamental or a Bue Cobalt which is Beautifull but very Defensive and has really nasty venom.

Apparently these shouldnt be bought by first time Handlers but i had a Chilean rose a few years back and that was ok.

Does anyone here have any advice? or any pictures of there own spiders?

Blue Cobalt! stunning :)

http://i40.************/4qs2a.jpg

Indian Ornamental
http://i39.************/5eu7fd.jpg

The only thing is im terrified of spiders, but as long as it's in a tank and doesnt escape i'm sure i'll be ok!

if it escapes then were all ****ed!

silver_wolf
30-05-09, 16:07
*shudders* No thank you :(

touchthesky
30-05-09, 16:09
Yes, here is my baby, Brody:

http://file047a.bebo.com/7/large/2009/05/01/15/2993003851a10730946173l.jpg

http://file047a.bebo.com/7/large/2009/05/01/15/2993003851a10730946236l.jpg

She is 8. I've had her since she was 3. She is a small eater but a huuuge honey :). She is gorgeous, the best thing about the animal kingdom.

She is my big giant spidey-widey-woo-woo.
<3.

RAID
30-05-09, 16:09
I love spiders. My favorite is the Black Widow. I wouldn't want to keep one under my roof though.

Is it just me, or does that Tarantula in the first pic have 9 legs?

Nenya awakens
30-05-09, 16:10

[IMG]http://file047a.bebo.com/7/large/2009/05/01/15/2993003851a10730946236l.jpg

She's beautifull, what breed is she?

do you have any advice for me?

digitizedboy

She is 8. I've had her since she was 3. She is a small eater but a huuuge honey :). She is gorgeous, the best thing about the animal kingdom.

She is my big giant spidey-widey-woo-woo.
<3.

aww she's cute. :)

I'd probably own one, but I'm too busy with my own life to take care of such a small creature.

Minty Mouth
I love spiders. My favorite is the Black Widow. I wouldn't want to keep one under my roof though.

Oh my, youre right :vlol:

touchthesky
30-05-09, 16:11
She's beautifull, what breed is she?

do you have any advice for me?

She is a Chilean rose, too :)!

I really dont have any advice on other spiders.

Maybe just buy it early, so that it gets "used" to being handled?

Also, www.tarantulas.us is an amazing forum, you could post your questions there :)

Joely-Moley
30-05-09, 16:11

:eek: that's where my spiders extra leg went.

Nenya awakens
30-05-09, 16:14
She is a Chilean rose, too :)!

I really dont have any advice on other spiders.

Maybe just buy it early, so that it gets "used" to being handled?

Also, www.tarantulas.us is an amazing forum, you could post your questions there :)

your chilean looks a lot more fluffy then mine did lol, confused me! :)

well they are not really supposed to be handled as they have both have a really nasty bite! so i'm going to refrain from that anyway!

cheers for the link!

corey01
30-05-09, 16:15
Indian Ornamental
http://i39.************/5eu7fd.jpg

The only thing is im terrified of spiders, but as long as it's in a tank and doesnt escape i'm sure i'll be ok!

if it escapes then were all ****ed!

OMFG! thats huuuge, arnt you scared it will bite you? :yik:

Nenya awakens
30-05-09, 16:17
OMFG! thats huuuge, arnt you scared it will bite you? :yik:

a bit, but it's so beautifull! i love the colours.

they have quite a nasty poison apparently that makes your muscles seize up for a couple of days.

corey01
30-05-09, 16:20
a bit, but it's so beautiifull! i love the colours.

they have quite a nasty poison apparently that makes your muscles seize up for a couple of days.

LMAO, how lovely :p

Nenya awakens
30-05-09, 16:21
LMAO, how lovely :p

lol!

well with anything you just have to be carefull, dont swoosh it up in your hands or poke it with a paint brush!!

Mokono
30-05-09, 16:22
I catched a little venom Loxoceles LŠta a couple of days ago and still have it. Should i take a pic of it (i think it's a she)?

corey01
30-05-09, 16:22
lol!

well with anything you just have to be carefull, dont swoosh it up in your hands or poke it with a paint brush!!

I want to poke it with a paintbrush:tea:

Nenya awakens
30-05-09, 16:31
I catched a little venom Loxoceles LŠta a couple of days ago and still have it. Should i take a pic of it (i think it's a she)?

yeah take a picture :)

:}hello friend
30-05-09, 16:35
:O.... I almost had a heart attack!!!

The first spider pic is cool... and it has 9 legs....but still is oober scary D:

Wana b like Lara
30-05-09, 16:36
No offence or anything but i find them creepy! :o

Nenya awakens
30-05-09, 16:36
:O.... I almost had a heart attack!!!

The first spider pic is cool... and it has 9 legs....but still is oober scary D:

:rolleyes: lol

i must admit if i saw it crawling across my floor randomly i would probably have a stroke, but to observe it in a tank would be facinating!!

RAID
30-05-09, 16:45
I wonder what sound does a Tarantula make when it's squashed? :whi:

Cracking perhaps?

Nenya awakens
30-05-09, 17:02
I wonder what sound does a Tarantula make when it's squashed? :whi:

Cracking perhaps?

A wet sludgy pop i'd imagine!

Does anyone own a Goliath?!

sheepydee
30-05-09, 17:03
yuk id never own a spider they creep me out beyond belief :eek: its their legs and the way they run about eww it freaks me out D= :p

Nenya awakens
30-05-09, 17:04
yeah but Tarantulas are different :)

TRhalloween
30-05-09, 17:04
There seems to be a spider living on my light shade lol

Nenya awakens
30-05-09, 17:06
There seems to be a spider living on my light shade lol

lol! i wouldnt recommend sitting under it then!

i had one that lived in my lampshade a while back, you could here it scuttling around at night, i used to get a lot of moths fluttering around to i guess it was a like a spider banquet!

sheepydee
30-05-09, 17:08
i remember in maths once this TINY little spider obviously must of came down from the roof on its web , it was just hanging above my jotter and i thot it was FLYING! :vlol: but i almost had a panic attack but i brushed it onto the person in front of me hehe

AND in homeconomics in 2nd year a spider caught a bee and started eating it i was like "EEWW" then a daddy long legs got stuck in the light nd i laughed lol

TRhalloween
30-05-09, 17:21
lol! i wouldnt recommend sitting under it then!

i had one that lived in my lampshade a while back, you could here it scuttling around at night, i used to get a lot of moths fluttering around to i guess it was a like a spider banquet!

My bed is under it

http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/scared/scared0005.gif

Smog
30-05-09, 17:24
yeah but Tarantulas are different :)

In as much as they're bigger, and consequently more terrifying, yes. :pi:

mizuno_suisei
30-05-09, 17:31
OMG that picture of the spider on the hand, OH MY GOD What a brave person.

I have a pet spider, He lives everywhere around my room as he seems to change places. I call it "Adamu" (Named after the Japanese name for the Torso monster in TR1) Its a tiny spider but I've never managed to kill it unfortunately, I get too nervous lol.

Nenya awakens
30-05-09, 17:31
In as much as they're bigger, and consequently more terrifying, yes. :pi:

haha! most of them are a lot more docile tho!

well, compared to the Recluse or the Wandering spider! ;)

i COULD hold a tarantula. i could NOT hold a spider.

touchthesky
30-05-09, 17:33
A wet sludgy pop i'd imagine!

Does anyone own a Goliath?!

No but there was a guy in Stratford (my old "place" lol) called Guff who had one. He was terrible though, he would do drugs and handle it (wasn't meant to) and it would end up gripping him, he'd end up in a&e, then he'd get stoned again and do it again.
I believe he sold it eventually.

Nenya awakens
30-05-09, 17:34
My bed is under it

http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/scared/scared0005.gif

LOL!

is it small one?

No but there was a guy in Stratford (my old "place" lol) called Guff who had one. He was terrible though, he would do drugs and handle it (wasn't meant to) and it would end up gripping him, he'd end up in a&e, then he'd get stoned again and do it again.
I believe he sold it eventually.

what and idiot, imagine if the spider hadnt retracted it's fangs and he ended up squashing it.

dope head :rolleyes:

i've heard a goliath bite can go through thin bone if the bite is hard enough.

Catracoth
30-05-09, 17:37
Yuck. Spiders for pets. Good Lord. I'd rather lick the inside of a New York City bus then even go near one.

VictorXD
30-05-09, 17:38
I think spiders are very ugly, but they are wonder animals, and when you get a taruntula , shouldn't you cut her thing??(That mouth thing alike that put poison on you)Or is it illegal?

Oh c'mon Catracoth, they aren't THAT disgunting, they are dengureous, that all

Nenya awakens
30-05-09, 17:39
I think spiders are very ugly, but they are wonder animals, and when you get a taruntula , shouldn't you cut her thing??(That mouth thing alike that put poison on you)Or is it illegal?

Tarantulas can be de-sacked but.. it's not very fair.. some of them need venom to hunt.

VictorXD
30-05-09, 17:40
Why would they hunt if they are pets???:confused: Is it need to give the food alive??BTW are just snakes that have "infinite" venom??Shouldn't all the poison animals have a organ that reproces venom??

touchthesky
30-05-09, 17:41
Their fangs?
;)

http://i44.************/9kutlf.jpg

http://i44.************/2ecqmj7.jpg

Oh and yeah, most spiders need food thats living as their eye sight is poor..touch is really the only way they can know where to get food, and vibrations from movement.

Nenya awakens
30-05-09, 17:41
Why would they hunt if they are pets???:confused: Is it need to give the food alive??

well you can give them dead or alive food, fresh mice or de-frosted mice, crickets ect, but i think most people keep there spiders sacked.
unless of course you had a pet Wandering spider.. but then your an idiot lol.

Their fangs?
;)

http://i44.************/9kutlf.jpg

http://i44.************/2ecqmj7.jpg

brilliant pics, i love seeing them in attack poses!!

VictorXD
30-05-09, 17:43
touchthsky, is that what put poison???

mizuno_suisei
30-05-09, 17:44
Yuck. Spiders for pets. Good Lord. I'd rather lick the inside of a New York City bus then even go near one.

And what's the chance that you'd lick the bus and get a spider on your tongue? :p I heard those buses are quite icky, and not often cleaned. SPIDERVILLE!

TRULuverzz
OMG, no i don't own a pet spider thank god!
*shudders in shock*

touchthesky
Yes, thats where her venom would come from. Luckily Chilean Roses aren't really that harmful to humans, but their venom can kill small animals such as mice.

I've never been bitten, though!

VictorXD
30-05-09, 17:45

Those aren't legs, they are arm alike things that are used to hold the prey:)

Ohhh, thx:D

Nenya awakens
30-05-09, 17:46
Yes, thats where her venom would come from. Luckily Chilean Roses aren't really that harmful to humans, but their venom can kill small animals such as mice.

I've never been bitten, though!

Me either, not by a tarantula anyway. my mate got bitten by his starburst babboon spider and his whole hand was swollen for a few days!

VictorXD
30-05-09, 17:47
Hey, is it true that as bigger the tarantula is, it's going to have less poison:p???

Nenya awakens
30-05-09, 17:51
Hey, is it true that as bigger the tarantula is, it's going to have less poison:p???

No, size doesnt matter, some of the most venemous are the smallest.

Goliath!

http://i41.************/2n6839k.jpg

the one I want!

blue cabolt, its so beautifull!

http://i44.************/x3etr4.jpg

Fdx Croft
30-05-09, 17:56
Jeez I get goosebumps when I look to those pics... I become white when I find a tiny one, can't think what would happen if I ever have a "face 2 face" with a tarantula!

Is there any kind of this spiders that could kill a person if gets bitten once? or maybe 2?

VictorXD
30-05-09, 17:57
No, size doesnt matter, some of the most venemous are the smallest.

Goliath!

the one I want!

blue corba, its so beautifull!

Good choice! It's very beautiful and cool! I really liked that spider though!:D

Nenya awakens
30-05-09, 17:58
Jeez I get goosebumps when I look to those pics... I become white when I find a tiny one, can't think what would happen if I ever have a "face 2 face" with a tarantula!

Is there any kind of this spiders that could kill a person if gets bitten once? or maybe 2?

Tarantula wise, not really unless you have an allergic reaction to the venom OR if you have a heart condition.

as far as im aware the only spiders that can do severe damage inc death are the brown recluse, BW or Brazillian wandering spider.

The goliath bird eater AND the goliath pink toe will give you a very nasty bite as there fangs are enormous, most you get from other spiders is Necrosis or muscle spasms and cramps.. sweats, rashes, lumps, itching and blood posining.

Fdx Croft
30-05-09, 18:10
Tarantula wise, not really unless you have an allergic reaction to the venom OR if you have a heart condition.

as far as im aware the only spiders that can do severe damage inc death are the brown recluse, BW or Brazillian wandering spider.

The goliath bird eater AND the goliath pink toe will give you a very nasty bite as there fangs are enormous, most you get from other spiders is Necrosis or muscle spasms and cramps.. sweats, rashes, lumps, itching and blood posining.

Well it's not as much harm as I thought... but those giant 2 claws in my skin makes me feel nervous

Hope you'll get the one you want Nenya, let us know if you are succesful with it :)

VictorXD
30-05-09, 18:17

Your going to get the spider directely from Brazil or just the specie???

Vinkula
30-05-09, 18:21
I hate spiders :S

Nenya awakens
30-05-09, 18:28
Well it's not as much harm as I thought... but those giant 2 claws in my skin makes me feel nervous

Hope you'll get the one you want Nenya, let us know if you are succesful with it :)

me to, the ones i want aint that easy to get hold of, and it's going to take a lot of consideration before hand.

I just know that i'll end up traumatised by the whole thing :rolleyes:

@VICTORXD

i'll just get one from a breeder. probably a spiderling so it gets used to be handled.

VictorXD
30-05-09, 18:28
Yeah, many people do. But they are awesome! So little, so deadly, so ugly!!:D

Tear
30-05-09, 18:31
OMG, no i don't own a pet spider thank god!
*shudders in shock*

I'm with you.:p They scare the **** out of me.

Nenya awakens
30-05-09, 18:32
I'm with you.:p They scare the **** out of me.

oh yeah i agree, i hate them.

but the tarantulas i want i find kinda cute :)

January_Snow*
30-05-09, 18:36
Ok guys no offence, but coulnd't you just get a bloody cat!
Those things are creepy...yuck...

Nenya awakens
30-05-09, 18:59
Ok guys no offence, but coulnd't you just get a bloody cat!
Those things are creepy...yuck...

i'd much rather watch an Indian ornamental making a home in a tank then watch a cat lick it's scrotum.

touchthesky
30-05-09, 20:01
I need to clean her stuff out, a few dead crickets around (and thats poop on the side of the tank lol..don't worry shes not neglected..You're not meant to overclean them.) but she has a message;

http://i40.************/2i87ifc.jpg

Nenya awakens
30-05-09, 20:10
I need to clean her stuff out, a few dead crickets around (and thats poop on the side of the tank lol..don't worry shes not neglected..You're not meant to overclean them.) but she has a message;

http://i40.************/2i87ifc.jpg

:D
brody has good taste!

any plans on breeding?

touchthesky
30-05-09, 20:13
Oh definately not I'm afraid :( I dont think Im confident enough for little spiders the size of pin *****s xD. imagine losing one...

*laralover*
30-05-09, 20:38
Some of the pictures haveme terrified but wow those are gorgeous spiders :D

LaraCroftRox
30-05-09, 20:42
This thread nearly gave me a heart attack. :yik:

jonathanrij
30-05-09, 20:52
I really don't like spiders, but now that I've seen some of the pictures I understand some people think they are georgeous. I would faint if I saw one in my room though, which won't happen in the Netherlands!

TRhalloween
30-05-09, 21:09
LOL!

is it small one?

It's tiny :)

Rivendell
30-05-09, 21:15

You weirdo. :p You're phobic but you want one? If you love the colours so much just dye your hair!

Don't lick all that grime off Catracoth, save some for me. ;)

Marianna12
30-05-09, 21:15
This thread nearly gave me a heart attack. :yik:

OMG! Yes! How am I going to sleep now???:(:(:(
Basically, I hate all insects! Even ants freak me out!:D

touchthesky
30-05-09, 21:18
I don't get why folk open threads which are clearly and well titled and then moan about the contents?

:confused:

Biddy
30-05-09, 21:28
The Blue Cobalt is indeed stunning. :eek:

Ada the Mental
30-05-09, 21:35
After opening this thread for some peculiar, and most surely masochistic, reason, I have to admit that there is something about them...The Blue Cobalt, for example, is gorgeous.

I don't really have a problem with spiders but I wouldn't touch one with a ten foot pole (literally). The very thought of all those hairy legs crawling all over your skin... *shudders* Sticking to cats, even though most of them are probaby eviler than those non-adorable spideys are.

Nannonxyay
30-05-09, 21:56
I don't get why folk open threads which are clearly and well titled and then moan about the contents?

:confused:

People love to ***** and moan, my dear.

Anyways, Brody is a beautiful little thing. I'd love a tarantula, but my parents would never let me, my sister is deeply scared of spiders, and my friends would never want to come round my house. :p

That blue cobra tarantula is goregous. :eek:

violentblossom
30-05-09, 21:59
There's an absolutely gorgeous spider that i saw once on an ad for our local zoo's special spider exhibit that they had one year that i'd love to identify.

I don't recall what it was called, and that's what i'm trying to figure out.

It had alot of colors on it and it was a tarantula.. it was slightly fuzzy, like velvet.. in fact, velvet may have been in the name. It had green, blue, red and some other colors.. anyone have any ideas?

corey01
30-05-09, 22:28
i'd much rather watch an Indian ornamental making a home in a tank then watch a cat lick it's scrotum.

L M F A OOO omg Mark that post made me cry :vlol:

Mokono
31-05-09, 04:01
So, should i kill my corner spider or not?

Tony9595
31-05-09, 04:54
The blue cobalt one is extremely gorgeous :eek:!!

Nenya awakens
31-05-09, 05:32
You weirdo. :p You're phobic but you want one? If you love the colours so much just dye your hair!

Don't lick all that grime off Catracoth, save some for me. ;)

yeah but you can appreciate beauty but still be scared by it.

spiders make me go numb, but there are a select few tarantulas that i just love because they are beautifull killers.

does that make sense?

http://i41.************/4lt28o.jpg

DONT ever handle this, it's the Brazilian wandering spider.

http://i44.************/2v9xc86.jpg

Rivendell
31-05-09, 08:17
yeah but you can appreciate beauty but still be scared by it.

spiders make me go numb, but there are a select few tarantulas that i just love because they are beautifull killers.

does that make sense?

Awe, I guess then. Yeah, I can understand. I can't feel it for spiders though myself!

DONT ever handle this, it's the Brazilian wandering spider.

Yikes. I remember seeing a programme on tv about deadly spiders when I was little (Natures Nightmares I think it was called) and it featured a story about a Wandering Spider. How it waits for the opportune time to strike.
In this instance it felt threatened by a sweeping brush, waited for the (unsuspecting) sweeper to stop, ran up the handle and bit the sweeper.

It bit the sweeper, not the brush. That just freaked the heck out of me for it to have that kind of intelligence. It knew the thing that was behind what he felt threatened by and attacked the source.

:eek:

remote91
31-05-09, 12:51
Awe, I guess then. Yeah, I can understand. I can't feel it for spiders though myself!

Yikes. I remember seeing a programme on tv about deadly spiders when I was little (Natures Nightmares I think it was called) and it featured a story about a Wandering Spider. How it waits for the opportune time to strike.
In this instance it felt threatened by a sweeping brush, waited for the (unsuspecting) sweeper to stop, ran up the handle and bit the sweeper.

It bit the sweeper, not the brush. That just freaked the heck out of me for it to have that kind of intelligence. It knew the thing that was behind what he felt threatened by and attacked the source.

Oh crikey that's terrible. It's giving me shivers just thinking about it!

I hate spiders but can understand why people would want tarantulas, some of them look amazing.

Time to hit google images.

Dennis's Mom
31-05-09, 13:15
So, should i kill my corner spider or not?

No! I have lots of corner spiders. Little cute things.

Nenya awakens
31-05-09, 14:15

I remember hearing about that, yeah wandering spiders are hunters and they really are not afraid of anything, if you disturb there nest or even just accidently come across one they are likely to attack.

the annoying thing is that the little buggers love to make there homes in your shoes and hats!!:o

Mokono
31-05-09, 14:17
No! I have lots of corner spiders. Little cute things.

I'd rather catch a jumping spider, they're more cute, look at those anime eyes!

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/1918/platycryptusmaleeyes.jpg

Nenya awakens
31-05-09, 14:19
I'd rather catch a jumping spider, they're more cute, look at those anime eyes!

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/1918/platycryptusmaleeyes.jpg

We have a teeny tiny Zebra jumping spider living in our front room atm, cute lil fello :)

xx_Hunt_xx
31-05-09, 14:19
This is properly a really silly stupid question, so im sorry if anyone thinks its pathetic.
But say you get a spider as a pet, but it bites you, would you need to get a tetanus shot? Or would they just depend on what type of spider you have and how bad the bite is?:confused:

Nenya awakens
31-05-09, 14:26
This is properly a really silly stupid question, so im sorry if anyone thinks its pathetic.
But say you get a spider as a pet, but it bites you, would you need to get a tetanus shot? Or would they just depend on what type of spider you have and how bad the bite is?:confused:

I doubt you would need a tetanus shot, but you should to doctor and have it looked it in case of infection, the bites can turn out to be pretty nasty sometimes!

Mokono
31-05-09, 14:32
We have a teeny tiny Zebra jumping spider living in our front room atm, cute lil fello :)

I'd like to hace those kind of spiders... Those found in my city are too little (as small as the lid of the toothpaste tube). And many imported ones had been dying because of the nasty weather.

remote91
31-05-09, 14:32
http://www.birdsoman.com/Insects/09-Spiders/JumpingSpider/JumpingSpider54563.jpg

I WANT IT.

It's just like 'O Hai Guiz'

Rivendell
31-05-09, 14:34
The little jumping Zebra spiders, or the miniscule 'money spiders' are the only ones I will willingly hold.
Seriously. Those little'uns are cute!

Mokono
31-05-09, 14:35
http://www.birdsoman.com/Insects/09-Spiders/JumpingSpider/JumpingSpider54563.jpg

I WANT IT.

It's just like 'O Hai Guiz'

Yes! those are the ones i've seen so far, but when i try to catch them, they jump like crickets.

But money spiders...

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/2543/ded88c00d32e55df923b333.jpg

Uh-oh :ohn: I don't think so, it's like if i could accidentally breath the poor unfortunate little thing...

remote91
31-05-09, 14:39
Yes! those are the ones i've seen so far, but when i try to catch them, they jump like crickets.
Oh those crafty buggers.

I'm thinking I'm going to hunt one down..

We have them in England, right?

Mokono
31-05-09, 14:44
Oh those crafty buggers.

I'm thinking I'm going to hunt one down..

We have them in England, right?

Yes, i guess they're found everywhere... Waterbear is also found in outta space...

But humping spiders are the thing... Really!

'O Hai Guiz'
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/2636/mystaceus.jpg

Nenya awakens
31-05-09, 14:46
The little jumping Zebra spiders, or the miniscule 'money spiders' are the only ones I will willingly hold.
Seriously. Those little'uns are cute!

I dont like money spiders, especially when they are floating around outside and randomly land on your head, or in your food.

buggers.

THAT pic is just to cute for words!! i wanna SQUEEZE it!

Mokono
31-05-09, 14:49
they are floating around outside and randomly land on your head, or in your food.

Let me quote myself...

Indeed, i could breath it!

touchthesky
31-05-09, 15:55
Walked in from shopping today and shes standing tall!

http://i44.************/2ytobya.jpg

Reaaach Brody.

Go ahead and TOUCH THE SKY

Nenya awakens
31-05-09, 16:00
lol, looks like she is having a stretch!!

-DaNnEe..
31-05-09, 16:10
Omfg, touchthesky. That's scary.

Mokono
31-05-09, 16:10
Walked in from shopping today and shes standing tall!

http://i44.************/2ytobya.jpg

Reaaach Brody.

Go ahead and TOUCH THE SKY

She's a proud beautiful spider, take it to the Eight Legged Web Pride Parade.

-Roli-
31-05-09, 16:13
Why i saw this thread? :smk:

I have phoby :tea:

Sry for the spam xD

Nenya awakens
31-05-09, 16:20
there must be more then one tarantula owner on the forum?!

How gorgeous is this one? She's a Mexican Red Rump!

http://i42.************/14e5kjk.jpg

Mokono
31-05-09, 16:39
there must be more then one tarantula owner on the forum?!

How gorgeous is this one? She's a Mexican Red Rump!

http://i42.************/14e5kjk.jpg

She's beautiful, but i think her hairs make skin damage.

Your_Envy*
31-05-09, 17:40
I own Brachypelma Smithi, also known as Mexican Red-legged Tarantula. Here are the pictures:

http://www.shrani.si/f/3d/wL/4hue8oNU/1/pict0025.jpg

http://www.shrani.si/f/12/13l/4jTcEZfq/amymyspiderbyanchk.jpg

http://www.shrani.si/f/26/z0/28cWRtzO/ifyoudarebyanchk.jpg

I suggest you buy some spider that is not that poisionous, if you're not used to it. :) My Smithi is great for the begginers, the conditions in the terarium are not extreme, it's poison is not harmful for humans (except if you have allergy). I have her for 2 years now. If you have any questions about this spider, just ask. :)

Mokono
31-05-09, 17:51
Your pet is beautiful, sadly, i have an alergic sister.

violentblossom
31-05-09, 17:53
Brody needs her own webcam show. :vlol: I'd so tune in.

Aphrodite22
31-05-09, 18:00
hell no! :yik:

violentblossom
31-05-09, 18:03
i'm truly considering one of these... what's average lifespan?

Your_Envy*
31-05-09, 18:05
Thanks, Mokono. :)
violentblossom, Brachypelma smithi lives around 20-30 years. :D

violentblossom
31-05-09, 18:10
Thanks, Mokono. :)
violentblossom, Brachypelma smithi lives around 20-30 years. :D

WHOA, really?! That's surprising, since many creatures the same size live about 3 years.

sheepydee
31-05-09, 18:15
i HATE spiders but for some reason i wouldnt mind having a pet Tarantula , least you know where it is :p the only thing i'd worry bout is if it escaped nd my mother wouldnt let me get one anyway XD

touchthesky
31-05-09, 18:16
Unfortunately I'm not sure HOW long Brody will live.

Some places say five years for females, others say ten, others say thirty! So it's hard to tell.

Brody likes the idea of her own show.

violentblossom
31-05-09, 18:18
Ohhh! I want one of these! Desert Blond! :jmp:

http://z.about.com/d/phoenix/1/0/_/r/1/creaturekirkhart02.jpg

touchthesky
31-05-09, 18:25
Ohh thats cute.

Ages ago I asked the tarantula forum if anyone dressed their T up...and the results were an astonishing yes!

http://gallery.tarantulas.us/gallery/d/11055-6/Santa7_1.jpg

http://buzznet-19.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users15/miketroll/default/msg-116986031288.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/categories12/contracostapets/wabbit-season--large-msg-11567232555.jpg

-DaNnEe..
31-05-09, 18:27
^ woah. :|

violentblossom
31-05-09, 18:28
^:vlol: The easter one!

awww, you can clearly make out a face there. :p

sheepydee
31-05-09, 18:28
i desperatly wanna tarantula now :jmp:

Nerd For Life
31-05-09, 18:30
awww, you can clearly make out a face there. :p

And it looks scared! :vlol: That's SO CUTE!

Rivendell
31-05-09, 18:35
http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/categories12/contracostapets/wabbit-season--large-msg-11567232555.jpg

LMFAO! :yik: :vlol:

I wish I'd seen that when I was younger, I'd have saved a ruck from being put-off chocolate!

violentblossom
31-05-09, 18:42
And it looks scared! :vlol: That's SO CUTE!

isn't it, though? :p

Vick, we need more holiday taratula pics. :yah:

Mokono
31-05-09, 18:51
Some related randomness...
xzxzZJd2Iko

I lol'd at this:
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/~jchamplin/blog/TarantulaGirl.jpg

Nenya awakens
31-05-09, 19:07
Ohh thats cute.

LMFAO!! that is disturbing!

i just joined the tarantula forum, it's a really interesting place! i cant believe people keep Black Widows and Wandering spiders as pets!

violentblossom
31-05-09, 19:27
Yay! My fiance just said he doesn't mind if i get one. :jmp:

Minty Mouth
31-05-09, 19:29
Ohhh! I want one of these! Desert Blond! :jmp:

http://z.about.com/d/phoenix/1/0/_/r/1/creaturekirkhart02.jpg

Thats actually pretty cute for a spider :vlol:

Im new to Turantulas. Do you like, pet them and stuff, take them out of their cages. Do they often try to bite you, or do they grow attatched to their owners like dogs and cats. I think it would be sweet for a turantula to look at you like a parent :p

irjudd
31-05-09, 19:49
I've been trying to shake my excessive case of arachnophobia since I was 8 years old but I just can't do it. Any suggestions?

violentblossom
31-05-09, 19:55
I've been trying to shake my excessive case of arachnophobia since I was 8 years old but I just can't do it. Any suggestions?

Get a tarantula? :D

irjudd
31-05-09, 19:56
I can't even apply any logic to the fear either. It's not like I'm afraid of being bitten or hurt by one. Something inside me just freaks out when I see one. And I've never had a bad experience before either, so I don't really understand why I get skeert.

Rivendell
31-05-09, 19:57
Some could say it's a primal fear. Or a "genetic" one. It's not impossible, anyway.

Nerd For Life
31-05-09, 20:00
Some could say it's a primal fear. Or a "genetic" one. It's not impossible, anyway.

Yes you're quite right. It's more of a 'genetic' fear than anything else. Most people who are afraid of them never had a bad experience.

touchthesky
31-05-09, 20:02
I feel you, Lr, I am deathly afraid of being shot. There is noo reason for it (aside the obvious..I mean I know most folk don't WANT to be shot, but I live in fear of it, my heart goes ten to the dozen if I so much as see someone with a toy gun, and thinking of pointing one at me? You can clean up the mess) I just hate it..urgh.

Anyway, http://www.lucinda.net/surber/graphics9900/tarantula.jpg

awww

Rivendell
31-05-09, 20:04
What sort is that? I find that terrifying, to be honest.

Nenya awakens
31-05-09, 20:05
^^ Look at the fangs on that bad boy!

Looks like a poecilotheria?

Mokono
31-05-09, 20:05
This is the best thread in General Chat so far...

Nenya awakens
31-05-09, 20:08
http://i40.************/qpgzm1.jpg

Mokono
31-05-09, 20:11

Nice tarantula mod!

violentblossom
31-05-09, 20:12
http://i40.************/qpgzm1.jpg

a wanderer?

Nenya awakens
31-05-09, 20:13
yeah, brazilian banana. :D

i would love to have one of these but it's illegal to bring them into the country.

Mokono
31-05-09, 20:14

i would love to have one of these but it's illegal to bring them into the country.

Geez, that's a venom one!

violentblossom
31-05-09, 20:15

:vlol:

Thank goodness for that.

He is beautiful, though, i'll give him that.

Nenya awakens
31-05-09, 20:19
:vlol:

Thank goodness for that.

He is beautiful, though, i'll give him that.

they can jump up to 2 feet!!

Rivendell
31-05-09, 20:21

I've got to stop looking in here!

violentblossom
31-05-09, 20:23

And you want one? You're absolutely loony, Marc. :vlol: Loony, i say.

Nenya awakens
31-05-09, 20:23

I've got to stop looking in here!

You love it!

we have the cutest Zebra jumping spiders living outside the front of our house at the moment, they seem to hang around our front door, i'll see if i can get a picture for you tomorrow, tiny lil buggers :D

And you want one? You're absolutely loony, Marc. :vlol: Loony, i say.

lol :D

well i certainly wouldnt hold it, it would be almost instant death lol! but i just think they would be facinating to watch as they are hunting spiders!

Lara's Nemesis
31-05-09, 20:26
You love it!

we have the cutest Zebra jumping spiders living outside the front of our house at the moment, they seem to hang around our front door, i'll see if i can get a picture for you tomorrow, tiny lil buggers :D

Zebra spiders are pretty cute, I love the way they move their head to look up at you.

Mokono
31-05-09, 20:26
You love it!

lol :D

well i certainly wouldnt hold it, it would be almost instant death lol! but i just think they would be facinating to watch as they are hunting spiders!

Yes, please... I love how they hunt, i have an animal planet dvd somewhere about this. They also have the best spider vision.

violentblossom
31-05-09, 20:28
Zebra spiders are pretty cute, I love the way they move their head to look up at you.

they do? awwww! i must youtube this.

Nenya awakens
31-05-09, 20:30

yeah, and they have the biggest eyes!!! they are just adorable, one of the only spiders you can actually tame.

and they would rather run away and hide then ever try and bite you!!
obviously the jumping spiders in england are a lot smaller then the ones in america or south america.

Lara's Nemesis
31-05-09, 20:30
I found one. It is when they are sizing you up.:D

6wJnwM76cbE

violentblossom
31-05-09, 20:37
one of these lives right outside my bedroom window, i've thrown him out twice:

http://i43.************/11i2451.jpg

Nenya awakens
31-05-09, 20:38

he is adorable!!

i love it when they have really fluffy fang sheaths! so cute!

Lara's Nemesis
31-05-09, 20:39
[QUOTE=violentblossom;3688472]one of these lives right outside my bedroom window, i've thrown him out twice:

:eek: I'd be keeping my windows shut.

sheepydee
31-05-09, 20:40

YIKES! that looks scary =S but cool too XD

]{eith
31-05-09, 20:40
Hell to the no! I have to stop looking in here. But I can't help it. I have a morbid fascination despite how much they freak me out. It's like when you see something that is so ****ed up and unnerving and yet can't look away, like watching Idol.

violentblossom
31-05-09, 20:42
he is adorable!!

[QUOTE=violentblossom;3688472]one of these lives right outside my bedroom window, i've thrown him out twice:

:eek: I'd be keeping my windows shut.

YIKES! that looks scary =S but cool too XD

They're called bold jumper spiders, and they aren't poisonous at all.

They're only about the size of a dime.

Haha, and notice the smiley face pattern on its bum. :D

Mokono
31-05-09, 20:45
he is adorable!!

It's a Phidippus audax.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/8435/phidippusaudaxmale.jpg
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6808/jumpingspider.jpg

Lara's Nemesis
31-05-09, 20:46
[QUOTE=Lara's Nemesis;3688475]

They're called bold jumper spiders, and they aren't poisonous at all.

They're only about the size of a dime.

Haha, and notice the smiley face pattern on its bum. :D

Lol at the smiley face, that's just to lull you into a false sense of security tho.:D

sheepydee
31-05-09, 20:50
It's a Phidippus audax.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6808/jumpingspider.jpg

aww OMG look at them eyes

Nerd For Life
31-05-09, 20:51
It's a Phidippus audax.

All I can think about this first one is... ARAGOG!

violentblossom
31-05-09, 20:52
maybe i should just keep that one out my window as a pet. :D

pemides
31-05-09, 20:54

You've thrown it out twice? :confused: Next time put your shoe on top of her and press down. It should be more effective :D

Nenya awakens
31-05-09, 20:55
How cute is this E cyanognathus spiderling!!

http://i39.************/153wufk.jpg

sheepydee
31-05-09, 20:55
You've thrown it out twice? :confused: Next time put your shoe on top of her and press down. It should be more effective :D

:eek: not thats animal abuse im sure violetblossom ain that mean

Mokono
31-05-09, 20:56
Look who's waving...

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6818/saitisbarbipesmalewavin.jpg

violentblossom
31-05-09, 20:56

:eek: :smk:

No way! I have a spider tattoo on my ankle.. that means that my spidey love is binding. :D

http://i43.************/10wruvl.jpg

pemides
31-05-09, 21:00
Maybe she is atracted by your tatoo them :D

It's nice of you. But I prefer to apply my solution to every spider that dares to enter my house :)

violentblossom
31-05-09, 21:01
LOL, yeah.. when i get my tarantula, i'll show it my tat so that it knows i'm a friend.

Hopefully it won't hump my leg. :whi:

Mokono
31-05-09, 21:03
People who are in North America right know must send me this cute kitten like spider...

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5532/phidippusmystaceus.jpg
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/9831/mystaceuseyes.jpg

violentblossom
31-05-09, 21:12
She first strikes @ 2:48:

ePkvWRLRYoc

Mokono
31-05-09, 21:14
I would decorate it's house.

violentblossom
31-05-09, 21:17
this one's lovely:

f96ITTEsGmA

-DaNnEe..
31-05-09, 21:26
Omfg, that's huge.

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1345/scared0008.gif (http://img192.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scared0008.gif)

sheepydee
31-05-09, 21:27
this one's lovely:

f96ITTEsGmA

i'd love a pet like that :) but i couldnt get one :(

TRfan23
31-05-09, 21:32
People who are in North America right know must send me this cute kitten like spider...

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5532/phidippusmystaceus.jpg
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/9831/mystaceuseyes.jpg

To me that looks like a jumping spider, I'm not sure but I think they bite?

Nenya awakens
31-05-09, 21:33
Spider vs mousey!

SMiPJD0yrKM

To me that looks like a jumping spider, I'm not sure but I think they bite?
Jumpers can bite, but it wouldnt really do much, slight redness i guess.

Nannonxyay
31-05-09, 22:11
The amount of cute on this thread pwns the Forum Member's Pet's Thread. :D

Nenya awakens
31-05-09, 22:22
haha, people dont tend to think of spiders as being cute, but there are exceptions :D

Mokono
31-05-09, 22:24
Spider vs mousey!

SMiPJD0yrKM

Did you kow that the Piaroha tribe in Venezuela collect Goliath Birdeater tarantulas and roast them over hot coals?

I'm glad they're taken as pets.

Nenya awakens
31-05-09, 22:32
^^ yeah, apparently they are tasty treats!

i would rather eat my own raw liver then chow down on a spider.

Your_Envy*
01-06-09, 09:57
this one's lovely:

f96ITTEsGmA

Awww I really like Poecilotheria metallica, too bad it's one of the most expensive spiders on this earth! :eek: And it's agressive, too. :) Oh well.. It's still adorable. :D

Nenya awakens
01-06-09, 12:59
Awww I really like Poecilotheria metallica, too bad it's one of the most expensive spiders on this earth! :eek: And it's agressive, too. :) Oh well.. It's still adorable. :D

Apparenty it's got one of the most potent venoms out of the Old World spiders! stomach cramps, sweats, chest pains, bleeding gums, nose bleeds, ect!

Yeauch! :o

violentblossom
01-06-09, 13:04
I read $450 for one.

http://i39.************/24w51sn.jpg

Mokono
01-06-09, 13:37
Ouch! not even a pokemon is that expensive...

SoulReaver74
01-06-09, 13:50
Wow violentblossom, now that is a beauty, wouldn't want that crawling up your leg, but seriously one bite and your gonna know about it, well... for a short time anyway. :o

Nenya awakens
01-06-09, 13:55
Im really interested in getting a T. Blondi aswell, but are very defensive so im a bit nervous about it.

http://i41.************/2088rh3.jpg

violentblossom
01-06-09, 14:10
Wow violentblossom, now that is a beauty, wouldn't want that crawling up your leg, but seriously one bite and your gonna know about it, well... for a short time anyway. :o

Yeah, lol, no way i'd ever want one of those for myself.. i like the "harmless" ones, thankyouverymuch. :D

Nenya awakens
01-06-09, 14:31
Yeah, lol, no way i'd ever want one of those for myself.. i like the "harmless" ones, thankyouverymuch. :D

No tarantula is harmless, have an attitude like that and your going to get yourself bitten ;)

violentblossom
01-06-09, 14:33
No tarantula is harmless, have an attitude like that and your going to get yourself bitten ;)

oh no, i know that, thus my quotation marks.

the relatively easier ones to care for is what i meant.. :p

Nenya awakens
01-06-09, 15:00
oh no, i know that, thus my quotation marks.

the relatively easier ones to care for is what i meant.. :p

http://i43.************/24kzggm.gif

violentblossom
01-06-09, 15:02
Yeah, **** that, :vlol:.

No Venezuelan Suntigers for me, beauties that they are.

Minty Mouth
01-06-09, 15:02
Thats actually pretty cute for a spider :vlol:

Im new to Turantulas. Do you like, pet them and stuff, take them out of their cages. Do they often try to bite you, or do they grow attatched to their owners like dogs and cats. I think it would be sweet for a turantula to look at you like a parent :p

Sorry, I dont think anyone saw it

-DaNnEe..
01-06-09, 15:06

http://i43.************/24kzggm.gif

Ew. :|

Nenya awakens
01-06-09, 15:29
Originally Posted by Minty Mouth
Thats actually pretty cute for a spider

Im new to Turantulas. Do you like, pet them and stuff, take them out of their cages. Do they often try to bite you, or do they grow attatched to their owners like dogs and cats. I think it would be sweet for a turantula to look at you like a parent

If you want a spider for handling then i would go for a New world spider such a Red knee or a Chilean variety. they tend to be more docile, less prone to attacking and there venom is not to potent.
However, they will still tap or bite if they feel threatend.

I would not advise ANYONE to handle an Old world spider such as an Ornamental, Cabolt or anything along those lines, they will attack you in a second if they feel threatend, they have very nasty bites with painfull venom, also very fast so dont let one escape!

I think the T.Blondi is a New world T but i would still advise from holding her as she can be a right nasty piece of work with fangs that can pierce bone.

I dont think spiders grow attached to there owners, they wouldnt be able to tell people apart as they are practically blind.

xx_Hunt_xx
01-06-09, 17:43
Another rather silly question, how do they feel, they seem to feel like they would be spiky...mostly cos there hairs look so spiky. Also are they heavy? I was quite scared of the little critters, but after looking at this thread im begning to think there cute. :D

violentblossom
01-06-09, 17:49
When i get a tarantula, i'm going to scare the hell out of people with one of its molts. >.>

Nenya awakens
01-06-09, 17:50
^^^ well they have little hooks in they're feet so sometimes thats a bit prickly

to be honest i've not handled a spider in years so i cant really remember.

Your_Envy*
01-06-09, 18:57
I read $450 for one.

http://i39.************/24w51sn.jpg

I read around 1000€ for one. I guess it's more expensive in Slovenia. :)

violentblossom
01-06-09, 18:58
I read around 1000€ for one. I guess it's more expensive in Slovenia. :)

the more i read, the closer that price range gets to $1000.

$450 now seems cheap. O.O

Nenya awakens
01-06-09, 19:16
A lot of old world spiders are a lot more expensive, probably because they are a lot more Venemous and defensive.

you really dont want to get bitten by one of those!

Has anyone been bitten by a spider before?!!

violentblossom
01-06-09, 19:17
just by the itty bitties. :o

Dennis's Mom
01-06-09, 19:31
Has anyone been bitten by a spider before?!!

Yeah, I got bit between my toes by a spider I believe. Very painful, couldn't rest my foot on its side in bed. When I looked at my foot there was a white spot. I treated it with athlete's foot creme. :tea: Never thought it was a bite.

It wasn't until the red streaks were going up my leg that I went to the emergency room. So much for denial. :D Never saw the spider, but the doctor said that's probably what it was. *shrugs*

Your_Envy*
01-06-09, 19:45
the more i read, the more that price range gets to $1000.

$450 now seems cheap. O.O

I think my spider was around 40-50€, not sure cause I got it for my birthday. :)

Nenya awakens
01-06-09, 20:00
Yeah, I got bit between my toes by a spider I believe. Very painful, couldn't rest my foot on its side in bed. When I looked at my foot there was a white spot. I treated it with athlete's foot creme. :tea: Never thought it was a bite.

It wasn't until the red streaks were going up my leg that I went to the emergency room. So much for denial. :D Never saw the spider, but the doctor said that's probably what it was. *shrugs*

What part of the world are you from!?

Dennis's Mom
01-06-09, 22:14
This was in Houston, Texas. :D

Nenya awakens
01-06-09, 22:16
This was in Houston, Texas. :D

so was it a recluse? or a hobo? or do you not have any idea? lol :)

violentblossom
02-06-09, 05:31
Gorgeous. <3

Green Bottle Blue, the kind i was looking for earlier:

http://www.creepyspiders.com/assets/images/db_images/db_Chromatopelma_cyaneopubescens__Green_Bottle_Blu e_1.jpg

Melonie Tomb Raider
02-06-09, 05:45
I like pets that show love and affection, like a dog, cat, or a bird. I've turned into a bird person more than anything, though. I love my Daxter <3

violentblossom
02-06-09, 05:49
I like pets that show love and affection, like a dog, cat, or a bird. I've turned into a bird person more than anything, though. I love my Daxter <3

Birds are incredibly bright. They are certainly more intelligent than people give them credit for.

My mother had a double yellow headed Amazon, and she was smart as a whip and very, very loving.

I'm getting off topic, though. :p

Melonie Tomb Raider
02-06-09, 06:07
Awwwww :D

My bird is very smart, and loving in his own way, but he's got a little attitude problem. :vlol: He won't let me hold him unless it's on his terms, but he does like to snuggle in my hair. It's always great to come home from a long day of work and have a little bird singing away with excitement just to see you. It really brings a smile to my face. :D

But yeah, sorry for getting off topic. :o

Your_Envy*
02-06-09, 08:33
Gorgeous. <3

Green Bottle Blue, the kind i was looking for earlier:

http://www.creepyspiders.com/assets/images/db_images/db_Chromatopelma_cyaneopubescens__Green_Bottle_Blu e_1.jpg

This is a beautiful spider and it's not agressive, too. :D

About birds.. I love it! I have one at home, she sings all the time! :vlol: When I'm talking on the phone everybody is like.. "Umm Ana? What is that in your room?" :vlol: But I love her! :)

Hermina94
02-06-09, 12:00
nope,but now i want one:)
there so gorgeous!

Dennis's Mom
02-06-09, 12:03
so was it a recluse? or a hobo? or do you not have any idea? lol :)

Oh no! Goodness, this was a little thing. It just gave me blood poisoning cured by a penicillin shot (in the a$$, how mortifying at my age.) I'd have lost my foot had it been a recluse bite probably.

Birds are incredibly bright. They are certainly more intelligent than people give them credit for.

Hmmph! Then if my dad's quaker parrot is smart he'll have the good sense to DIE before Dad. I tell him that every time I see the noisy f*****. "You'd better hope you don't outlive Dad. You don't want to be left to my tender mercies. Mwahahahaha!"

Or something like that. Dad has a jerk for a bird.

Nenya awakens
02-06-09, 12:09
Oh no! Goodness, this was a little thing. It just gave me blood poisoning cured by a penicillin shot (in the a$$, how mortifying at my age.) I'd have lost my foot had it been a recluse bite probably.

Hmmph! Then if my dad's quaker parrot is smart he'll have the good sense to DIE before Dad. I tell him that every time I see the noisy f*****. "You'd better hope you don't outlive Dad. You don't want to be left to my tender mercies. Mwahahahaha!"

Or something like that. Dad has a jerk for a bird.

oh right!! they are the only 2 "biting" spiders that i know of in the area so i wasnt sure :)

scoopy_loopy
02-06-09, 12:15
Why settle for a Tarantula when you could have an Australian Bird Eating Spider?

JBYpJ-y-31I

(okay so its not a bird but its as big as one!)

Nenya awakens
02-06-09, 12:17
Why settle for a Tarantula when you could have an Australian Bird Eating Spider?

JBYpJ-y-31I

(okay so its not a bird but its as big as one!)

I Mentioned earlier that i was interested in getting a T.Blondi (goliath)
defensive little critters!

xXhayleyroxXx
02-06-09, 12:59
No i Don't because my mum has a phobia of spiders XD I take it you like the ones from tomb raider underworld? hehe

eee i had a thread like this and mine got closed! you're lucky :hug:

violentblossom
02-06-09, 14:09
A T.Blondi is waaaaay too much spider for me. O.O I'd prefer an arachnid who's diet mostly consists of crickets.

I was sort of interested in a curly hair, but they have kinda short lifespans.

(haha, amazing how 2 days of tireless tarantula reseach has incresed my knowledge of the creaures 10 fold.)

Nenya awakens
02-06-09, 14:16
A T.Blondi is waaaaay too much spider for me. O.O I'd prefer an arachnid who's diet mostly consists of crickets.

I was sort of interested in a curly hair, but they have kinda short lifespans.

(haha, amazing how 2 days of tireless tarantula reseach has incresed my knowledge of the creaures 10 fold.)

Well you can just Feed T.Blondis coakroaches or a couple of large crickets, It's not good to feed your spider to many mice as they are too rich in calcium.

I think it's the size of the goliath that puts me off, i've seen there cages in pet shops and they stink of rotten flesh.

that might just be because the cage hadnt been cleaned out in a while but it was disgusting.

violentblossom
02-06-09, 14:22
Well you can just Feed T.Blondis coakroaches or a couple of large crickets, It's not good to feed your spider to many mice as they are too rich in calcium.

I think it's the size of the goliath that puts me off, i've seen there cages in pet shops and they stink of rotten flesh.

that might just be because the cage hadnt been cleaned out in a while but it was disgusting.

Yeah, i find the size to be pretty intimidating, as well.

I've also heard that their hairs are are extremely irritating.. i mean, its going to be irritating anytime hairs are kicked at you, but the T.Blondi's hairs pack quite the punch.

And yeah, enclosures that large can't be fun to clean.. my mom had a parrot with a cage that big and it definately stunk after a while.. and parrots don't eat mice and the like, haha.

Nenya awakens
02-06-09, 14:39
Yeah, i find the size to be pretty intimidating, as well.

I've also heard that their hairs are are extremely irritating.. i mean, its going to be irritating anytime hairs are kicked at you, but the T.Blondi's hairs pack quite the punch.

And yeah, enclosures that large can't be fun to clean.. my mom had a parrot with a cage that big and it definately stunk after a while.. and parrots don't eat mice and the like, haha.

They, they are quite nervous spiders so they are allways flicking hairs around the place, can cause a nasty rash! or even worse if they get into your eyes or lungs.

look at the size of this Blondi Bear!! :D

http://i41.************/2iji5ur.jpg

violentblossom
02-06-09, 14:41
Yeah. Fascinating defense mechanism, though, huh? :D Reminds me of pokemon. :vlol:

That bear is very pretty. He looks quite healthy.

Nenya awakens
02-06-09, 15:00
E's looking a bit fat :D

i love seeing them kick there hairs off, it just looks like they are having a scratch! ill find a video!

see how jumpy she is?

Zu7xpq7uoh0

violentblossom
02-06-09, 15:09
Yeah, she is jumpy.

I love how he like, threw himself under her so that she wouldn't fall. <3

Nenya awakens
02-06-09, 15:11
Yeah, she is jumpy.

I love how he like, threw himself under her so that she wouldn't fall. <3

Yeah that made me laugh.

Theres a video of him getting bit by an old world spider somewhere, his reaction is horrible hes has to go to hospital.

i'll see if i can find it.

violentblossom
02-06-09, 15:13
Yeah that made me laugh.

Theres a video of him getting bit by an old world spider somewhere, his reaction is horrible hes has to go to hospital.

i'll see if i can find it.

:eek: Yikes.

I found this pretty informative website that i've been spending alot of time on.

Its: www.bighairyspiders.com

ClassicCroft
02-06-09, 15:15
Spiders are Creepy 0__O

Nenya awakens
02-06-09, 15:21
Have a look at this breeding video, its two pink toes. it's cute!!

mESmIrujTBQ&featur

violentblossom
02-06-09, 15:31
I like how the male starts by rubbing her legs. :p

This video would have been... interesting if she'd eaten him. O.O

Nenya awakens
02-06-09, 15:36
I like how the male starts by rubbing her legs. :p

This video would have been... interesting if she'd eaten him. O.O

the male got eaten!

SYAgW2yDefI&feature

violentblossom
02-06-09, 16:21
^Awww. :( He really seems upset.

Well damn. That does suck. I'd be sad, too.

Nenya awakens
02-06-09, 17:24
Listen to the noise the blondie makes as it runs!!

aNHK565cVe8&feature

violentblossom
03-06-09, 19:33
Man.. i desperately want a green bottle blue. :(

Nenya awakens
03-06-09, 19:39
http://i44.************/1zgrbzk.jpg

^^ One of those? are they old world or new world?

violentblossom
03-06-09, 19:41
New world, but they're skittish and big time hair kickers. :(

Nenya awakens
03-06-09, 19:48
Luckily as it's a new world it shouldnt have to potent venom.

check out this guy on youtube, he has some excellent spider videos such as handling, feeding, mating ect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4iOn-U_4PE&feature=channel_page

tarantulaguy1976

touchthesky
07-06-09, 19:47
Can't believe I've never posted this.

The first day (2 lovely years ago lol) we got our cat;

http://i42.************/ws8xox.jpg

I found out shortly after that the stuff in Brodys cage right there is actually dangerous for her. Luckily it was only in for a week or so.

violentblossom
09-06-09, 19:11
So i went to the zoo yesterday, hoping to see some wicked cool tarantulas and possibly one i want.. no dice, all they had was one tiny black and brown one. :mad: Lame.

I really want an adult, but apparently, those aren't as easy to buy.

I'm afraid of getting a spiderling and somehow killing it. :(

touchthesky
09-06-09, 19:30
^Brody was 3 years old when I got her. Lol, a few days ago I was feeling silly and put a Doctor Who toy into her cage....I came home today and it appears Brody had tried to attack him! She obviously did not succeed.
http://i42.************/wtxaix.jpg

:ton:

violentblossom
09-06-09, 19:33
:vlol: Poor Brody. :p

Would you mind posting more pics of her? I think she's lovely. :o

touchthesky
09-06-09, 19:53
Aw of course not. Heres some from my Bebo;

http://file033a.bebo.com/6/large/2007/06/18/15/2993003851a4718528170l.jpg
http://file032a.bebo.com/0/large/2007/08/01/13/2993003851a5151405705l.jpg
(2 yrs ago =P)
http://file032a.bebo.com/0/large/2007/08/01/13/2993003851a5151405496l.jpg

Nannonxyay
09-06-09, 19:56
Brody is so friggin' adorable. :D

violentblossom
09-06-09, 19:57
Yeh, Brody's a pretty.... girl?

TRhalloween
09-06-09, 19:58
Is Brody named after Brody Dalle?

touchthesky
09-06-09, 19:59
Girl, yes :D.

I'll try find the first picture I ever took of her lol.

Try.

Here it is;

http://i27.************/29p8a9y.jpg

=P. Thats her name-lady on my t-shirt lol..the lady she was named after.

violentblossom
09-06-09, 21:23
what exactly does "gut bombed" mean?

touchthesky
13-06-09, 21:38
I'm not sure, deary =(

Can someone help me identify these spiders..There was a huuuge nest of them on our outdoor bin?!

http://i41.************/jrtbv9.jpg

Mokono
13-06-09, 21:48
I'm not sure, deary =(

Can someone help me identify these spiders..There was a huuuge nest of them on our outdoor bin?!

Are you sure they're not acharids?

I tried to hold a zebra last tuesday, but it fled. Is it venomous?

violentblossom
13-06-09, 21:52
I'm not sure, deary =(

You'll have to wait til they get a wee bit bigger to find out.

Are you sure they're not acharids?

I tried to hold a zebra last tuesday, but it fled. Is it venomous?

i don't think so.

Btw, my fiance and i are both looking to buy some taratulas from swiftinverts.com.. if anyone wants a good site to look at to maybe consider a T, that might be a good place for you to look.

I wanted a red knee, and if you order from that site and spend a set amount of money, they throw in a freebie.

So my fiance is going to take the Mexican Redknee and i'm going to take the Mexican Red Rump spiderling freebie. Yay!

I was afraid of getting such a young T, but i think i'll be okay. :o

dexter void
13-06-09, 23:34
My sister owns a taxidermy tarantula. It sits in the bathroom.
It turns my stomach everytime i see it and seeing the pictures you posted made me shiver and my muscles twinge. I am completely arachnophobic.

sheepydee
13-06-09, 23:59
i remember someone told me in Australia there are spiders the sizes of houses D= so im too scared to go there now ... altho i have the faint feeling she is talking crap

violentblossom
14-06-09, 00:04
i remember someone told me in Australia there are spiders the sizes of houses D= so im too scared to go there now ... altho i have the faint feeling she is talking crap

lmao, the largest spiders get to be about 10-11 inches, and they are not from Australia.

sheepydee
14-06-09, 00:06
lmao, the largest spiders get to be about 10-11 inches, and they are not from Australia.

what a liar she is.... xD

she had it total goin tho that they had spiders the size of houses that ate people... me being so gullable believed her

]{eith
14-06-09, 00:07

Cut the ****, VB, there are houses in Upside-Down Land that are being raped in the backdoor by spiders. It's a very real problem I've heard. :(

violentblossom
14-06-09, 00:09
{eith;3717749']Cut the ****, VB, there are houses in Upside-Down Land that are being raped in the backdoor by spiders. It's a very real problem I've heard. :(

are they Keith spiders? :D