PDA

View Full Version : what TR game has the most mistakes?

michaeldt
30-05-09, 16:12
what the title says :) and is there a list of the mistakes in each game somewhere?

Changeling
30-05-09, 16:22
*waits for people to list everything wrong with AoD* :p

Well the corner bug was a sort of useful mistake in all the PS1 games, so the first five have all that...

But what sort of mistakes are you meaning?

Phlip
30-05-09, 16:23
Well Underworld has a tonne of mistakes wioth the layout of Croft Manor.

michaeldt
30-05-09, 16:33
I actually mean like mistakes you would see in movies.
e.g.

TR4- after pressing New game you can see Von Croy smashing open a wall, he is in his outfit at the end of the game and is wearing glasses, after the FMV he is in a completely different outfit and has no glasses

TRU- The huge mistakes with the architecture of the Manor

Legends
30-05-09, 16:35
Mistakes, then I would say Angel of Darkness. Whole game is a complete disaster. Bugs, I'd have to say Underworld.

Phlip
30-05-09, 16:40
I actually mean like mistakes you would see in movies.
e.g.

TR4- after pressing New game you can see Von Croy smashing open a wall, he is in his outfit at the end of the game and is wearing glasses, after the FMV he is in a completely different outfit and has no glasses

TRU- The huge mistakes with the architecture of the Manor

You mean continuity. Well, watch the Dearest Amelia cutscene in Legend. As the shots change, her hair moves from one shoulder to the other:

t23zr0_qr-4

Also in the opening Bolivian cutscene where Lara dives and it goes into slow motion, it's not really slow motion as you can tell by the hair not flying in the wind - instead it's just hanging down because Lara is made slow; no real effect has been used. This is the consequence of using real-time cutscenes.

Verdilet
30-05-09, 16:44
AOD, probably. The list of bugs and continuity errors in that game is endless (probably because it's unfinished).

Edit: Re: Legend, there may be one or two mistakes, but they're hardly noticeable, and nowhere near as many as AOD. ;)

Phlip
30-05-09, 16:49
I think he just means continuity - bugs are irrelivant.
What bad continuity is there in AOD?

]{eith
30-05-09, 16:51
I think the biggest continuity error in AOD is how Lara knew who Karel was at the end when they had never met prior.

Verdilet
30-05-09, 16:56
What bad continuity is there in AOD?

A lot of things. In some scenes Lara has her dual pistols, in some scenes she's wearing sunglasses, in some scenes she's wearing shorts when she should be wearing trousers, she's suddenly wearing shorts in the Bio-Research Facility level and there are probably a few other things which I haven't mentioned. Like I said, it's probably because the game's unfinished.

TRhalloween
30-05-09, 16:59
This is going to be really cliché but I think AoD.

Seth94
30-05-09, 17:00
AOD has the most bugs, that's for sure.

It ranges from random crashes at cutscenes to weird texture problems. It also says in the walkthrough that you can get dual pistols but you can't... well not on the PC version anyway. :(

Lenochka
30-05-09, 17:00
Probably AOD. (though that isn't exactly fair since the game was far from finished). but yeah, I have to go with that one.

VictorXD
30-05-09, 17:02
On TR1 Lara have a braid(made of ballsXD) and in-game she doesn't, and the most curious thing is that the beta version of it had a braid!?Maybe it ws too buggy and they took is off?

Seth49, if you use TRAOD SCU you can get the dual pistol, and some other hidden guns;)

Changeling
30-05-09, 17:04
AOD has the most bugs, that's for sure.

It ranges from random crashes at cutscenes to weird texture problems. It also says in the walkthrough that you can get dual pistols but you can't... well not on the PC version anyway. :(

It's not about bugs, it's about continuity errors, those kind of mistakes. :)

Maybe it ws too buggy and they took is off?

Yes, it kept going wild and wouldn't stay still and kept flashing, and it also went through Lara's body and backpack, so they had no choice but to remove it due to the technological limitations then.

Phlip
30-05-09, 17:04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX0m5ywlnCo&feature=PlayList&p=4DB16EAB85C03DFB&index=53

At the very beginning of the second at 1:00, you can see Muller standing at the top, but he was already pushed before that.

Atlantisfreak666
30-05-09, 17:06
TRL is just one big mistake.

Verdilet
30-05-09, 17:08
It also says in the walkthrough that you can get dual pistols but you can't... well not on the PC version anyway. :(

I think that's a bug as well. You're meant to be able to use dual pistols if you pick up two of them, but for some reason, the second one doesn't register.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX0m5ywlnCo&feature=PlayList&p=4DB16EAB85C03DFB&index=53

At the very beginning of the second at 1:00, you can see Muller standing at the top, but he was already pushed before that.

Wow, you have a good eye. :tmb: I'd never have spotted that. Even after reading your post, I had to watch that part of the video several times before I saw it.

Yes, it is. :p

God Horus
30-05-09, 17:30
Also in the opening Bolivian cutscene where Lara dives and it goes into slow motion, it's not really slow motion as you can tell by the hair not flying in the wind - instead it's just hanging down because Lara is made slow; no real effect has been used. This is the consequence of using real-time cutscenes.

This is how they do it in a lot of game cutscenes. The animation is made slow rather than actually adding a slow motion effect. The physics of her hair react with her animation. Totally agree with you though, if they weren't using real-time cutscenes they could have an actual slow motion effect which would be so much cooler.

Tear
30-05-09, 18:37
I suppose Aod.

Johnnay
30-05-09, 23:09
Underworld was an accident

too many dumb mistakes in that game

but i have to agree and say AOD had annoying bugs and some mistakes i.e Tankish lara

Anniversary had a lot of mistakes compared to TR1 but not a bad game compared to Underworld

]{eith
30-05-09, 23:14

QFT! :tmb:

Mad Tony
30-05-09, 23:15
{eith;3686244']QFT! :tmb:Thirded :p

Super Badnik
30-05-09, 23:24
I'm not sure what is meant by mistakes. I guess AOD in terms of bugs and plot-holes.

Mokono
30-05-09, 23:52
According what he said, well... In TR2, after the Opera House, when the thug hits Lara with the stick in the cutscene, it trespasses her head.

michaeldt
31-05-09, 04:32
thanks guys, but is there a list of the mistakes in every game somewhere?

Ward Dragon
31-05-09, 06:11
For me I think that the biggest continuity error in the first six games is when Larson and Pierre get killed off in TR5 despite also dying in TR1 (regardless of which comes first, they can't die twice :p).

And then of course Legend has obvious continuity errors with the previous six games because they wanted to start over and they rewrote a lot of her history.

{eith;3685208']I think the biggest continuity error in AOD is how Lara knew who Karel was at the end when they had never met prior.

Yeah, I think she was supposed to meet him in the cut level from the German castle where she was going to investigate Eckhardt's past.

Draco
31-05-09, 06:16
Probably the one I played first.

Or did you mean bugs in the game itself?

sandygrimm
31-05-09, 07:40
AOD was full of bugs ..if that counts

Explorer
31-05-09, 08:16
A lot of things. In some scenes Lara has her dual pistols, in some scenes she's wearing sunglasses, in some scenes she's wearing shorts when she should be wearing trousers, she's suddenly wearing shorts in the Bio-Research Facility level and there are probably a few other things which I haven't mentioned. Like I said, it's probably because the game's unfinished.

I haven't played AoD, but I was made aware of two cutscenes (which I went and had a look at on the main TRC site) where Lara is not wearing sunglasses, but is knocked down by some guy and in the next scene she awakes with sunglasses on! :D

Total speculation, but I have to wonder whether the guy who knocked her out decided to be kind and give her his sunglasses?? :confused:

scoopy_loopy
31-05-09, 08:43
Legend had HEAPS of bugs for me. Holsters dissapearing in Japan, waterfall displayed in Ghana before I "activated" it, randomly Lara wouldnt grab things etc.

I actually though AOD was relatively bug free. I loved that game.

Changeling
31-05-09, 09:09
Total speculation, but I have to wonder whether the guy who knocked her out decided to be kind and give her his sunglasses?? :confused:

Well that was Karel, and he's practically the main villain in the game, so naaah :ton:

Ward Dragon
31-05-09, 09:11
Well that was Karel, and he's practically the main villain in the game, so naaah :ton:

But wait! Maybe he put the sunglasses on Lara so she would have trouble seeing him. It was nighttime after all :p

Reggie
31-05-09, 09:47
I have to say AOD. Sometimes when Lara falls she carries on screaming until the level reloads and the environment blacks out sometimes at the Crime Scene sewers. But they're not game stopping bugs by any stretch. TR has been almost totally bug free for me throughout the whole series.

Changeling
31-05-09, 10:13
But wait! Maybe he put the sunglasses on Lara so she would have trouble seeing him. It was nighttime after all :p

:yik: You may be on to something there! :p

Atlantean-Squid
31-05-09, 10:22
Much as I love TR1, its texturing was pretty slack at times:

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/8799/wat2.jpg

young Lara Croft
31-05-09, 11:50
TR6 by far wins ! :tmb:

Poke Warrior
31-05-09, 11:52
Angel of Darkness!

Phlip
02-06-09, 16:40
There was a massive mistake in TRU last gen. In the last cutscene it showed Amanda and Lara, but Amanda had her normal outfit on. Then when they where teleported to Nepal, Amanda had her winter coat on. :rolleyes:

And on the Andaman sea opening cutscene you can hear lightening, but in last gen it's daytime! :cen: Same with the last cutscene of Mexico - you can hear the underworld closing down, but she's in a completely different place.

Cloe Christina
02-06-09, 16:42
for me underworld....that thailand glitch i will NEVER forget.....but there was also a lot in AoD.....

Phlip
02-06-09, 16:46
for me underworld....that thailand glitch i will NEVER forget.....but there was also a lot in AoD.....

Mind explaining what that glitch was? I left my mind reading cap in the other room. :wve:

Chocola teapot
02-06-09, 16:55
Hmmm. AOD perhaps.

Cloe Christina
02-06-09, 16:57
Mind explaining what that glitch was? I left my mind reading cap in the other room. :wve:

lol :D ....i think it is only on the wii version but when you get right at the end of the level in the room with th water, after pushing that platform....there should be a switch....it was completely gone and obviosly you can't know there was supposed to be a switch there.....i had to replay the level soooo many times to see if i missed anything....then i joined this forum and figured out i have to play the game from the beginning without saving it and THEN the switch appears....and because i missed a relic guess what no hook....i have to do it all over again..... :hea: it sucks....

AmericanAssassin
02-06-09, 17:20
I've never has as many bug issues in any other game than I did with TRU. There were so many that I despised the game on my first playthrough. :mad:

LaraCroftRox
02-06-09, 17:26
There were some pretty big bugs in the Red Alert! level of Chronicles. Problem with the ramp being non-existant in Mexico, TRU. Other than that, I havn't found many mistakes.

Phlip
02-06-09, 18:06
^Those are bugs, not mistakes.

LaraCroftRox
02-06-09, 18:12
^Those are bugs, not mistakes.

Oh, I must've misunderstood the thread. :o What do you mean by mistakes?

stranger1992
02-06-09, 18:30
Much as I love TR1, its texturing was pretty slack at times:

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/8799/wat2.jpg

tr1 couldnt seperate the texture lines above doors (where 1 room joins with another) and could only segment a wall 3 times not 5. However,playing tr1 does make me think "eugh" because doing that in the TRLE is...bad.

Croft, Lara
04-06-09, 16:36
/\ /\ ZOMG! I never noticed those!

I never really picked up on any mistakes apart from continuity.

TRhalloween
04-06-09, 16:41

{eith;3686244']QFT! :tmb:

Thirded :p

Haha Legend lover ruining you quotes! :mis:

Lee croft
04-06-09, 16:42
TR:AOD and it still was good even with the mistakes (or bugs/glitchs)

Naz2000
04-06-09, 16:44
The only game that struck me as being unfinished was probably Angel of Darkness.