PDA

View Full Version : Abortion Doctor Shot

touchthesky
31-05-09, 18:31
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8076253.stm

Prominent abortion doctor George Tiller has been shot dead at his church in Wichita, Kansas, city officials say.

AmericanAssassin
31-05-09, 18:34
I hate closed-minded people. :rolleyes: There's no way that a doctor deserved to die over abortion. Ugh. :(

EmeraldFields
31-05-09, 18:35
I don't get why shooting a doctor that performs abortion would solve the problem. People need to seriously think before they act.

violentblossom
31-05-09, 18:38
I agree, EmeraldFields.

If anything, be ****ed at the people who keep this man's occupation in existance (which is not me telling anyone to kill them).

This man's death will not end late term abortions let alone abortion at all.

Nerd For Life
31-05-09, 18:41
Sad to know he was killed because of his occupation. :rolleyes:

Changeling
31-05-09, 18:49
History seems to be repeating itself, I saw in my Religious Studies textbook at school that a similar situation happened where a Priest shot a couple of abortion doctors.

Mokono
31-05-09, 18:53
See? That's what i meant when i said that demonizing people or human groups make people think they are a problem that should be killed out!

Mad Tony
31-05-09, 18:55
I hate it when people go to extremes. Simply shooting people is not the answer. All this is going to do is make pro-lifers, the large majority of which are peaceful, look like violent murderers.

LaraLuvrrr
31-05-09, 19:04
Some people need scapegoats for their own pathetic problems... :whi:

Rai
31-05-09, 19:07
I don't get why shooting a doctor that performs abortion would solve the problem. People need to seriously think before they act.

I suppose in a warped way it's one less doctor performing the operations? :confused:

Completely pointless killing. As Mad Tony said, it gives Pro-lifers a bad name.

Tony9595
31-05-09, 19:25
And what´s the difference between the doctor and the one who shot?

If the person who shot, did it because the doctor performed aborts. Then he did exactly the same thing!

violentblossom
31-05-09, 19:26

If the person who shot, did it because the doctor performed aborts. Then he did exactly the same thing!

Wow, good point.

Nannonxyay
31-05-09, 19:32

I guess it depends on an individual's view on when a fetus is considered to be alive or not.

I think the main thing is, abortion isn't illegal, whereas killing a human being which has been alive for more than fifty years, is illegal because by law it's considered murder.

TRhalloween
31-05-09, 19:37
I agree with Tony9595; the shooter isn't any better than the abortionist if he killed him for aborting. It doesn't prove anything.

Though like Mad Tony said, not every person who is pro-life does this.

Draco
31-05-09, 19:37
The doctor that was killed performs later term abortions. Even abortion supporters tend to think that is extreme.

Aphrodite22
31-05-09, 19:43

its just a bunch of cells

Rai
31-05-09, 19:47

The doctor who was killed performed late term abortions, so no, a baby is more than that past 16-20 weeks.

Nannonxyay
31-05-09, 19:49
The doctor that was killed performs later term abortions. Even abortion supporters tend to think that is extreme.

Ah. I did not know this. But I guess if it's considered legal than nothing could stop him. Even I think it's extreme to abort at that time, and I'm bordering on pro-choice.

Aphrodite22
31-05-09, 19:50
The doctor who was killed performed late term abortions, so no, a baby is more than that past 16-20 weeks.

whatever i just dont think being a killer and an abortion doctor its the same

EmeraldFields
31-05-09, 19:52
This is a bit off topic, but I have a question.

Why do we never hear about abortion debates outside of the US? It seems like there isn't as much debate over the issue of abortion in other countries.

Just wondering.:)

Cochrane
31-05-09, 19:55

Yep, I am an abortion supporter, but I agree that late-term abortions are a bad thing. Does that justify killing him? In my opinion not.

Why do we never hear about abortion debates outside of the US? It seems like there isn't as much debate over the issue of abortion in other countries.

Just wondering.:)

It depends a lot on the country - in some, abortion is not a problem, in some (e.g. Germany) it has settled into a state that nobody truly wants to upset*, and in others, it is a hotly contested issue. We talk mostly about US politics, not just concerning abortion but anything else as well, because this forum is english, the US are the largest english-speaking country, and hence most forum members are from there, and almost all forum members will have some connection or idea about the US.

Love2Raid
31-05-09, 20:00
What a way to solve their ´problem´.

Idiots. :rolleyes:

Mad Tony
31-05-09, 20:04
What a way to solve their ´problem´.

Idiots. :rolleyes:Idiot*. This was the action of one man, not a group.

*I'm not calling you an idiot, just in case you might've thought that

Just wondering.:)I think there are abortion debates outside the US, just not as big.

Rai
31-05-09, 20:06
whatever i just dont think being a killer and an abortion doctor its the same

I think Tony's point was that if the killer is against abortions, which, for pro-lifer supporters usually means the taking of a life, then killing a doctor is the same.

Aphrodite22
31-05-09, 20:08
I think Tony's point was that if the killer is against abortions, which, for pro-lifer supporters usually means the taking of a life, then killing a doctor is the same.

oh lol i got it wrong

Mokono
31-05-09, 20:12
Some people need scapegoats for their own pathetic problems... :whi:

Shooting someone dead is not a scapegoat :vlol:.

Sir Croft
31-05-09, 20:14

Good point. But, there is a difference between them, you know. The doctor killed a life, however, nobody depended on that life nor that infant knew much about life so it wouldn't be such a loss to him.
The doctor, on the other hand, probably had a family to support, probably had kids, probably had parents and relatives who are going to miss him, and probably had many people to help in the future.
In the end, both killed, the difference is the consequences of their acts.

Love2Raid
31-05-09, 20:19
Idiot*. This was the action of one man, not a group.

*I'm not calling you an idiot, just in case you might've thought that
I think there are abortion debates outside the US, just not as big.

Oh, that's okay. I read it too fast. ;)
I bet there are people who support him in this though.

Oh sure there are debates outside of the US. Here in Holland, I think it's allowed up to 24 weeks. Because after about 25 weeks the child could theoretically survive outside the uterus. A child as big as that won't be aborted for just any reason of course. It must be clear it will die soon after birth anyway, because of various conditions/diseases, such as anencephalia.

By then it's not just a bunch of cells anymore. :o

Draco
31-05-09, 20:27

So was the doctor.

violentblossom
31-05-09, 20:29
So was the doctor.

:vlol:

Squibbly
31-05-09, 21:32
So was the doctor.

:vlol:

Good call.

I don't agree with abortion (only in extreme cases I won't look down on someone for doing it), but this guy shouldn't have been murdered. Nothing good will come of it. The people who cared for this man will never see him again, and abortions are still going to continue to happen.

Lara's home
31-05-09, 21:34
So was the doctor.

I am pro-abortion, but that was pwnage :p

Dennis's Mom
01-06-09, 13:09
It's such a huge debate in the US because it's a vote-getter for the Republican party. It's a Party Issue, and as such is constantly dragged into the fray to get votes. It makes me mad because the issue isn't a "government issue" to me, just a feel-good hot button to push because someone want to get elected. I don't think anyone wants to resolve anything at all. They'd lose the ability to use it as an issue at election time if they did.

I feel sorry for the doctor and his family. Funny how for some people "humanizing" someone means you must "de-humanize" someone else. :(

XBOXCroft
01-06-09, 13:12
Close minded = Not good. :(

People have freedom. And it's just his job. He just needs money.