PDA

View Full Version : msn lockout

larafan25
31-05-09, 21:12
ok soooo this is the problem....

I have been trying to sign into hotmail.com to recieve an activation code for a trial download product.

but,I am not able to sign in,I keep trying to enter my password but it says it is the wrong password then gives me all these scrambled letters for me to decifer and fill in,I do it and then it says my password is wrong again and makes me wait before I can reatempt the log in.

yesturday I changed my password,so I have been trying to enter the new password...nothing works...try to enter the old password...nothing works.

so I went to try logging into msn and still could not singn in.

A while ago I opened a link one of my friends gave me(they had thie virus,so it was the virus) and I didn't know and opened it....

so could this be why I cannot log in?

also,I tried to change my password(it gives you that option) and these are the options...

answer my secret question...which I forgot the answer to.

or have them sned me an e-mail to my account and read the directions from there..

for some reason it says I am logged in,and gives me the option to logout at the top of the page under my display picture(where it would be)

so I am totally confused,not sure how I can open the instructions to reset my password when I cannot log in.......

I am abhout to smash my computer to bits and rip my hair out of my head too:O

can someone please help:)

rr_carroll
01-06-09, 02:15
I don't use msn, but just a thought: for a lot of programs, capitalization counts, for both your password and the scrambled letters.

I have a notebook where I write down passwords and secret questions.

Ward Dragon
01-06-09, 03:21
If a virus is involved then try running Malwarebytes Antimalware to get rid of it. That program seems to be really good at getting annoying viruses that other programs miss. It's also free :)

spikejones
01-06-09, 09:17
so I am totally confused,not sure how I can open the instructions to reset my password when I cannot log in.......

you're supposed to have them send that to an alternate email address ;)