PDA

View Full Version : Ever loose someone close to you? It's hard!

MattTR
02-06-09, 03:32
Well a couple of years ago, back in 2006, I lost my grandmother. She had a heart attack and was hospitalized for over a year, she was brain dead due to lack of oxygen to her brain. She died in 2007 in a nursing home. She was in her early 60's and didn't even reach retirement yet. :(

I still have one of my grandmothers, but you have no idea how much my grandma meant to me, she was a mother to me, because my mother had been ill in the hospital at the time, but is now slowly progressing.

Recently I've been thinking quite a bit about my grandma, and even want to visit her grave. It's just out of no where it seems, I'm feeling the same way she did when she past, and now I just want her back..

I don't know how, or why, but I just wish I could go back and spend just one extra day with her, but God bless her soul and know she's looking down at me from a better place. :)

It's not depression, anxiety, or anything else, it's just the fact I can't stand it, I miss her so much. :(

lacryjr
02-06-09, 03:43
Well, I've lost my sis when I was 12, it was a shock that even today I can't surpasse.

Lose somebody that is close to you is a pain that will never fade. Sadly.

I guess that's the first time I talk about it, is such a overweight conversation for some people.

Marianna12
02-06-09, 08:01
Matt, I'm really sorry about your grandma...She was young!:(:(:(
Lacryjr, you lost your sister when you were only 12? omg, that must be so hard...:(:(:(

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Thanks God, I haven't lost anyone...I don't even want to think about it!:(:(:(

TR love
02-06-09, 08:18
When i was 12 i lost my teacher to fire, it was horrible. First human loss i had ever experienced, it was worse because i was SURROUNDED by crying people, all through the school.

she was my fave teacher too.

and im sooooo sorry about everyones losses! loosing your sister? must have been terrible! :(

Your_Envy*
02-06-09, 08:28
I'm really sorry for everybody's losses.:hug:

I lost my grandfather last October.. It was hard, we weren't so close, but I realized how much he really meant to me after he was gone. :(

Tomb-Dude
02-06-09, 08:39
My grandmother a few years back, she was a stabliser for our family and lately, certain things have been happening that where under control because of her. Like you Matt I been thinking about her recently and I know If she was still alive those certain things wouldn't happen.
She died because all of her organs packed up because the hospital kept on giving her medicine for just about everything which lasted for years, and soon was in hospital for a while, start having panic attacks and halucinating etc.
Mum, sis grandad and other people (I wasn't there) went to visit her on her last day and apperently she sat up looked at my mum and then died :\ Gave my mum nightmares for quite a while as she just had that image of her staring at her before she died. Lost my Uncle he had a serious illness wasn't exactly close to him though I would say. Lost another uncle because of alcohol.... :(

Admles
02-06-09, 08:43
Lost my grandfather in 1995, 3am on the first day of my last year of high school. That was REALLY hard.

And just yesterday I lost my Great Uncle. Funerals on Friday.

Kiss-Bite
02-06-09, 09:17
Losing loved ones or people you know is a hard & sad part of life.:(

A few people close to me have passed away. Three grandparents, my Nan actually died on Christmas eve a few years ago. I've had a friend that was killed by a car & an ex partner of mine died a few years ago as well. It's always a difficult thing to deal with & it reminds you that one should always value the time you have & the time you have with others.;)

Larapink
02-06-09, 09:38
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss Matt. :( :hug:

I hope everyone is alright, and it's hard to lose the people close to you. :( :hug:

I lost both of my Grandparents they were so young too, my Grandad died from a heart attack and he was very healthy for his age he was only 50. My Grandmother she was also 50 she had Leukemia then got Cancer she died a year later after my Grandad. They both died a year after each other on the same day and at the same time. I miss them till this day, my Grandad died in 1997 my Grandmother died in 1998. :(

I like to think of it this way they are at peace now, I still think about them. :hug:

My father, I have lost contact with long story but he was a horrible man my mother and father are divorced.

BlackRainbow
02-06-09, 09:45
Such a sad thread :( I'm terribly sorry for everyone's losses, I hope you're doing somewhat all right now :hug:

I lost my grandpa a while ago... The funeral was absolutely HORRIBLE, and I really loved him :(

*laralover*
02-06-09, 09:55
I understand how you feel i lost my father when i was 9 years old and it made a huge impact on my life then my grandfather a few years back. Sadly death and loosing loved ones is part of life :( It's still hard when its someone close to you but over time i think you learn to deal with these things :) :hug:

coolaideonfire
02-06-09, 10:01
My Grandmother passed away on my 18th birthday.

Dina_Croft
02-06-09, 10:19
sorry to hear these sad things...but i can't lose a grandpa or grandma cause they were all dead before i was even born...

Laras shadow
02-06-09, 11:15
My Granny passed away she'd been suffering for a year ...we thought it was a cold but it wasn't she had a severe cancer... she only lived for a year and then died of a heart attack it's sooo sad cause she used to love my tomb raider drawings that i put on :S:( miss her loads:(:hug::hug:

Hermina94
02-06-09, 12:03
i lost my grandpa a few years ago...:(
but im thankfull that i didnt lose my parents or siblings

Rai
02-06-09, 12:06
I completely sympathise with you Matt. Losing someone you're close to is the hardest it really is. All we can do is keep our memories of them close to us. Try to remember all the good times, it eases the pain.

I don't have any grandparents left, I lost my dad, sister and step-dad in the space of three years. Losing my sister in 2006 hit me the hardest. We were like chalk and cheese, always fighting and making up again. She was a friend and a sister.

To all those who have lost someone, remember, if they are in your heart, they are still with you.

I know that sounds cliché and a bit cheesy, but I believe it.

:hug:

ChocChipCookie
02-06-09, 12:20
To all those who have lost someone, remember, if they are in your heart, they are still with you.

This is how I look at it, and I believe it helps. You will still miss them of course, that's natural - my beautiful mum died of ovarian cancer in 2002 and I still miss her terribly and always will.

Chocola teapot
02-06-09, 12:25
I have lost my two grandmothers Christina and Mona, And my grandfather Tom I feel like my nanny christina is still with me though :).
Last year my Grampa Ken had a stroke and he was so healthy and intelligent and It feels like I have lost him too. Strokes can do such harsh things to people. He he is getting better and He can write now, He wrote me a birthday card and I was so happy.

Cristina
02-06-09, 12:39
I am so sorry for you:(

I lost my grandfather in the same year as your grandmother,i dindīt know him but it was my only grandfather i have,now i only have my unic grandmother:(

Tony9595
02-06-09, 12:46
a BIG :hug: for all of you, and a :gki: too :)

Iīve also lost my grandfather, and some good friends. Itīs a terrible feeling, and is something that sooner or later we all have to go through. The worst part of all was the funeral, I couldnīt resist the atmosphere there, it was so sad when they took the coffin up and then some musicians started to play "sad" music. I cried a lot that day :( I stayed depressed for a long time.

Now they are on my memory, and Iīm yearning for a day when we could meet again, wherever it may be.

Poke Warrior
02-06-09, 12:49
I lost my Mom last year to cancer and my Great Nan this year to old age.

CerebralAssassin
02-06-09, 12:58
aww...sorry to hear about your losses guys...may God give you all strength to continue life :hug::hug:

I lost my mom to cancer :(

TTV
02-06-09, 13:26
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss Matt.:(:hug:

I lost my grandmother earlier this year...

adventurerLara
02-06-09, 13:30
I haven't lost anyone from my family, so sorry for you all:hug:

I lost my Mom last year to cancer and my Great Nan this year to old age.

I lost my mom to cancer :(

It scares me that 1 in 3 people get cancer in the UK:(

Joely-Moley
02-06-09, 13:59
I'm sorry for your losses guys.:hug:

My mom died of cancer a few years ago, and I'm still not over it. Some days I will feel ok, and others it's just so hard. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about her. It gets especially hard around her birthday and mothers day.

CerebralAssassin
02-06-09, 14:15
I haven't lost anyone from my family, so sorry for you all:hug:

It scares me that 1 in 3 people get cancer in the UK:(

yeah...there's a lot of suffering involved in cancer...I'd rather go out instantaneously through a heart attack or an accident or something like that!:)

TRULuverzz
02-06-09, 14:23
im really sorry for everyones loss, even you MattTR
well i haven't lost anyone in my life. but my grandfather died in 1992, before my sister was born and i was born a year later in 1993 so i don't really know about him as much

adventurerLara
02-06-09, 14:27
yeah...there's a lot of suffering involved in cancer...I'd rather go out instantaneously through a heart attack or an accident or something like that!:)

Yeah:)
I really admire cancer patients who fight against it, unfortunetly many don't succeed:(

DragonSlayer
02-06-09, 14:29
My grandmother on my mother's side i was in tears for days afterwards.

does this apply to pets as well or is it people only? i know the thread title is ever lose someone close to you but after you've had a pet for years it becomes a person to you.

MattTR
02-06-09, 15:37
Touching stories guys, and thanks, it means a lot to me guys, I have moved on but recently I've been thinking about her quite often, it's a good thing perhaps. :)

:gki:

sheepydee
02-06-09, 15:46
i kno how it feels i lost my grandfather on the 1ST of JANUARY 2006 i got very depressed :( i know how u feel

ultima espio
02-06-09, 17:16
My Grandmother died on Friday from a form of Leukemia. She was in a sort of coma like thing..well she wasnt awake so i dont know what else to call it, all week, so i know how you feel.:hug:

xx_Hunt_xx
02-06-09, 17:34
:( this thread makes me so sad

I may end up babeling here...so feel free to ignore my post.

But yeah, my nan died around 6-7 years ago, and to this day i still cry. Time is NOT a healer, i wish she could of been here to see me get my GCSE results, to see me get into college, to see me pass college, to see me go to uni, to celebrate my 18th with me. I wish so many things could of happend.
Basicly me and my nan where inseprable, i stayed there every single weekend, and wherever my nan went i went aswell. To me she wasnt just my nan she was my best friend. She went to the doctors with a cough, he told her to come back in 2 days, a day later she died. She had pneumonia, but what killed her was a heart attack.

To this day, i belive my nan in her own way said goodbye to me. People can sit here and laugh and think im making it up. But the night she died somthing inside of me was saying "go ring nan up", i turned out my bed and saw a picture on my table of me and my nan and a voice inside me said "i love you, look after your mum" it was my nans voice. I burst into tears and ran downstairs to my mum, she was crying and said to me "i have somthing to tell you" and i looked at her and said "its nanny...is she dead?"

How could a 11 year old guess that?

I miss her so much, even now as i type im crying, but before she died she gave me a necklace, and since that day ive never took it off. Makes me smile :)

Nerd For Life
02-06-09, 18:32
I'm really sorry for everyone's loses...

I lost my father 7 years ago, he died in a motorbike accident.
I also lost my grandmother in 2004. She had cancer.

jackles
02-06-09, 18:42
It is a hard fact of life that everyone will lose someone close to them. That is why each day we should tell those we love that we love them. Never leave without saying the things that will open our hearts to each other. Never leave with anger in your heart. If something needs saying then say it. You cannot turn back time so if we live each day as if it is our last then hopefully we can take comfort on the fact that our words have been heard by our loved ones.

sorry if that is a bit whimsical....but it is how I think it should be. :)

ultima espio
02-06-09, 19:09
:( this thread makes me so sad

I may end up babeling here...so feel free to ignore my post.

But yeah, my nan died around 6-7 years ago, and to this day i still cry. Time is NOT a healer, i wish she could of been here to see me get my GCSE results, to see me get into college, to see me pass college, to see me go to uni, to celebrate my 18th with me. I wish so many things could of happend.
Basicly me and my nan where inseprable, i stayed there every single weekend, and wherever my nan went i went aswell. To me she wasnt just my nan she was my best friend. She went to the doctors with a cough, he told her to come back in 2 days, a day later she died. She had pneumonia, but what killed her was a heart attack.

To this day, i belive my nan in her own way said goodbye to me. People can sit here and laugh and think im making it up. But the night she died somthing inside of me was saying "go ring nan up", i turned out my bed and saw a picture on my table of me and my nan and a voice inside me said "i love you, look after your mum" it was my nans voice. I burst into tears and ran downstairs to my mum, she was crying and said to me "i have somthing to tell you" and i looked at her and said "its nanny...is she dead?"

How could a 11 year old guess that?

I miss her so much, even now as i type im crying, but before she died she gave me a necklace, and since that day ive never took it off. Makes me smile :)

Similar to me, my other grandmother died 6 years ago this July. I knew it was gonna happen when i saw her get into the ambulance. She had a problem with eating, when she ate it just came back an hour or so later. Eventually it killed her. She only lived 2 doors up from mine, so i see her house everyday.

Vinkula
02-06-09, 19:11
I have loose my 2nd favourite granny 8/ Year ago