PDA

View Full Version : Left 4 Dead 2

XBOXCroft
02-06-09, 05:47
I couldn't find the L4D thread.

Though, here is something cool. Who's up?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/5268/

Carbonek_0051
02-06-09, 05:53
Hands on:D:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/988/988416p1.html

And gameplay videos:

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/143/14352241/vids_1.html

I am getting it, I just hope it's not too much like the first one (as much I love it), I just don't want them thinking they can add a few things and slap a $60 price tag.:p

Survival
02-06-09, 05:58
So soon?

Carbonek_0051
02-06-09, 06:00
So soon?

I know right?

I'm still getting it but it's sort of annoying how they are already releasing a sequel on almost the same day as the first one.

Left 4 Dead: November 18th

Left 4 Dead 2: November 17th

If they don't do any major improvements I don't see why they couldn't release all this as DLC.

Survival
02-06-09, 06:06
Well from the teaser it looks bigger but I guess the engine will be exactly the same so I donīt see any reason why they release it as a sequel instead of an upgrade.

It feels like yesterday when I bought the first game. I will still buy it though... more survivors FTW.

Melonie Tomb Raider
02-06-09, 06:13
A little too soon for me, I'm still not done with the first one yet. :p

Carbonek_0051
02-06-09, 06:20
After watching the gameplay videos wow, incendiary ammo, axes, frying pans, and levels that take place in daylight.:cln:

I am a happy person, I just hope they have more scenarios. That was my only issue with the first game. And can I please have some story thrown in this time.:p

I'm still getting it no matter what. xD

Survival
02-06-09, 06:24
I just hope it maintains the atmosphere of the original (Or even better... upgrades it) :).

Lara.Jolie7
02-06-09, 06:27
I just hope that they don't forget about the first one and give us the story around the first game...
To soon for a new L4D

EDIT:
Just saw the gameplay
I'm sorry but where's the news?
Who will use meele weapons when u have infinity pistols?
How in the hell boomer, hunter and smoker can be the same ?
I don't think I'll wast my money for new weapons, characters etc...
SDk is out, and it will be possible in the normal left 4 dead but BETTER!
I know the game is good but, wtf? Make a mode using l4d name to get more money?
I don't think they can handle it
And promisses, it will be more cooperativ, OH REALY? It's exacly the same as the other one with some news features...
The girl looks so much like zoey, the way she speaks...
The big guy and the other one looks like Heavy and Scoult from Tf2
And the other guy is louis but white

Larapink
02-06-09, 09:17
I haven't even started playing the first L4D for my 360 and there's a new L4D 2? :D

Yay! I love it, my 360 will too. :D

Mist
02-06-09, 09:27
It looks fun. I love the first one. The meele combat will be nice (a frying pan? XD) I hope it has a bigger selection of campains to choose from.

jamieoliver22
02-06-09, 09:37
It looks pretty good, but I would have said it would be better if it was an expansion rather than a brand new game.

And I don't like the look of the new HUD (could be a beta one though), and I do prefer the original characters. But it does look good, I will defiantly get it.

And one other important question... When is Half Life 2: Episode 3 going to come out? :(

Carbonek_0051
02-06-09, 09:41
^ I am wondering about HL2E3 too, I hope they are still working on it and not putting it on hold for the L4D series.:o

Jack Croft
02-06-09, 09:49
So soon?

I know, i was shocked when i saw it at E3 but hey it might be delayed.

interstellardave
02-06-09, 10:50
New scenarios and locations is all that's needed to make a worthy sequel... all the other changes are just icing on the cake. Seriously, all the arguments saying this is not worthwhile could have been applied to Tomb Raider 2... one year later, no real big changes except new places to go! (yet it was great).

Carbonek_0051
02-06-09, 10:52
New scenarios and locations is all that's needed to make a worthy sequel... all the other changes are just icing on the cake. Seriously, all the arguments saying this is not worthwhile could have been applied to Tomb Raider 2... one year later, no real big changes except new places to go! (yet it was great).

Bad example for me, I didn't like TRII.:p

I am just hoping they have more than 4 scenarios for this game.:pi:

interstellardave
02-06-09, 10:54
Bad example for me, I didn't like TRII.:p

I am just hoping they have more than 4 scenarios for this game.:pi:

Well, yeah, I liked it less than TR1 and TR3... but it's still regarded by most as great!

Carbonek_0051
02-06-09, 10:56
Well, yeah, I liked it less than TR1 and TR3... but it's still regarded by most as great!

Still don't know why.:whi:

:p

But did anyone else notice the new Special Infected in the gameplay videos? His name is the Charger, I take it he charges straight at you. I am hoping they added a few more SI besides him.:D

I still think the incendiary ammo looks awsome.:cln:

Survival
02-06-09, 11:13
I think L4D2 should include everything from the first game only updated to match the new maps,weapons etc.

-DaNnEe..
02-06-09, 12:03
I need it! :cln: :jmp:

Nenya awakens
02-06-09, 13:17
Looks good!

tho not having a 360 i havent even played the 1st one yet!

tranniversary119
02-06-09, 17:09
Cannot wait :jmp:

laralover_07
02-06-09, 17:13
By the looks of those, there is alot more variations of zombies. It looks amazing, and I'm definitely getting it.

dizzydoil
02-06-09, 17:22
It is a new engine - hence them releasing it as a new game and not a free DLC as VALVe usually does.

It has new weather effects and so and so - which makes me happy that they're updating the Source engine still. AND to think L4D is really just engine testers for the FAMOUS Half Life 2 - Episode Three. VALVe loves quality - and when it comes down to Half Life 2... you can't beat it. VALVe has a reputation to uphold and so taking ages to make Episode Three perfect - is perfectly fine in my book :p.

Immortalis08
02-06-09, 17:40
Hands on:D:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/988/988416p1.html

And gameplay videos:

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/143/14352241/vids_1.html

I am getting it, I just hope it's not too much like the first one (as much I love it), I just don't want them thinking they can add a few things and slap a $60 price tag.:p

Thanks for the links. If the next installment is different enough with new innovations I will consider buying it.

So soon?

Seriously, its a bit off putting. The first one hasn't even been out for a year.

tranniversary119
02-06-09, 19:00
I have mixed feelings towards this game so far, the characters are pretty mediocre compared to the previous ones. Nevertheless after watching the gameplay videos my hopes rose again. The new weapons look amazing, so does the gameplay. Role on November.

Lara.Jolie7
02-06-09, 20:01
It looks just a mod...
they replaced the characters and the game more then ever looks like tf2.
The zombies stills the same 2 me.

And u can see in the gameplay video, pistols stils the same, so u don't need 2 wast ur time with meele weapons... :(

-DaNnEe..
02-06-09, 20:05
^ This won't be the completed version. They will change things and I hope that's one of them. Stuck with an axe with a horde of zombies chasing you would be so awesome.

Can't wait to see more gameplay. Those first gameplay videos were awesome.
I hope Valve doesn't change to much in this game like they did to the 1st game. L4D looks completely different in its BETA stages.

I actually cannot wait. The axe looks fierce.

-DaNnEe..
03-06-09, 19:16
http://www.gametrailers.com/game/left-4-dead-2/11391

More gameplay. Awesome!

daventry
07-06-09, 16:03
I always assumed Left 4 Dead was a Series of Games so to speak. :p

Left FOR Dead 1
Left FOR Dead 2
Left FOR Dead 3
Left FOR Dead 4

Howcome this Game is so Bloody Violent more then the Half Life Series. :confused:

Carbonek_0051
07-06-09, 16:05
Howcome this Game is so Bloody Violent more then the Half Life Series. :confused:

Because it's not Half-Life & it's a horror game with zombies. I don't see how you can compare the games besides the fact they are made by the same company.

dizzydoil
07-06-09, 17:59
Half Life 2 is very gory & scary. It has both zombies and aliens! Also - if you have played Episode Two - you know it's alot more gory and bloody than Left 4 Dead!

tranniversary119
07-06-09, 18:17
It looks just a mod...
they replaced the characters and the game more then ever looks like tf2.
The zombies stills the same 2 me.

And u can see in the gameplay video, pistols stils the same, so u don't need 2 wast ur time with meele weapons... :(

The reason they replaced the characters is because it occurs around the same time the first one did and it's in a totally different place. It's a very early version considering they started developing it right after L4D1 was released and I'm amazed at what they already accomplished.

Antonio
07-06-09, 18:35
Already is coming. Game looks interesting, I didn't play the first one, only reason because I don't have internet broadband now. This game is much fun play in co-op than single.
Valve should need to focus on Half-Life Episode 3 than on L4D2, imo.
This is too early.

Lara's home
07-06-09, 18:51
Doubt Ill buy it. Looks nearly identical to L4D1. At least ad some new special infected.

Antonio
07-06-09, 19:03
Doubt Ill buy it. Looks nearly identical to L4D1. At least ad some new special infected.

I'm wondering why they didn't put in L4D1 DLC. It will increased sales.

WSOwen02
07-06-09, 19:21
They should call it Left 2 Die

-DaNnEe..
07-06-09, 20:03
They should change the skins on the Boomer, Smoker and Hunter atleast. Or make them have various different skins so they're not all the same.
The charger looks awesome but it looks very easy to kill... Well, I guess when you are surrounded with zombies then it'll be alot harder.
I'm glad it isn't all set in day-time too, but it does look interesting in day-time.

Omfg, I actually cannot wait for this. I'm still not bored of L4D1, I've played it like everyday since christmas. :jmp:

Hybrid Soldier
07-06-09, 20:14
It hasn't even been a year yet and they're releasing another one? Don't get me wrong i love L4D but we've had one update for the game when we were getting promised a lot and they're already focusing on another? Other then the weather effects, charger and 3 melee weapons its the same game. Same guns just all modified to look different. The characters are strange. A business/wealthy guy of some sort, a hillbilly, a guy who looks like Mr. T, and a chick. There needs to be more in this game than the 3 different things for me to pay another $60 to buy it.

Gladous
07-06-09, 20:42
Valve might make a game mode for L4D2 where the old and new survivors meet up together! :cln:

I will go look for the website...

EDIT: Here it is:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/06/before-its-time-valve-explains-left-4-dead-sequel-to-ars.ars

It's under the picture of one of the developers that is half way down the page. :)

-DaNnEe..
07-06-09, 21:36
^ That would be amazing. :yik:

RockSteady101
07-06-09, 22:20
LOOKS GREMAZING! :D

Hate the title however, here are some I thought up not only for this game but for future installments.

Left2Die
4saken
2Late (2L8)
4goten
3dom

lol, I was bored.

Carbonek_0051
08-06-09, 00:53

They have a new Special Infected if you watch the gameplay vids carefully there is a new SI called "Charger".:)

I'm hoping they added a few more besides him.

Gladous
08-06-09, 02:57
^ That would be amazing. :yik:

I know! Just imagine the whole story and gameplay experiences! :cln: :jmp:

XBOXCroft
08-06-09, 06:29
There's a news about L4D guys boycotting L4D2.

I'll post the link later.

http://kotaku.com/5281374/l4d-sequel-met-with-much-more-than-indifference?skyline=true&s=x

Here it is! Thanks oraclebop~

Whatever happened to himm....

Gladous
08-06-09, 15:27

http://kotaku.com/5281374/l4d-sequel-met-with-much-more-than-indifference?skyline=true&s=x

I actually agree with them. It's way too early for a sequel and if they take longer for development and not release it this year, then I will be very happy. :)

I might even buy L4D1 for the PC. :D

stereopathic
08-06-09, 20:35

i played the demo a little while back and a friend recommended it to me recently. i was just about to buy it when i heard the announcement that there was a second one coming. i was completely shocked and disappointed. while i don't own the first one (and now never will), i can understand why so many players are incensed. i would be too.

Larapink
08-06-09, 20:37
I need to start playing the first game! :vlol:

Gladous
08-06-09, 21:08
I have the L4D1 on the Xbox 360 and now since I got a new computer I can play games on it and I am wondering if I should buy the first one on the PC and give it a try or just wait for the 2nd one to come out and buy that one on the PC. :o

-DaNnEe..
08-06-09, 21:18
^ Well L4D1 is pretty awesome on the PC. There is no difference what so ever in gameplay or anything but the controls, for me, are alot more easier to control. I've played both versions and I think that the PC version is the the best, IMO!

woody543
08-06-09, 21:23
LOOKS GREMAZING! :D

Hate the title however, here are some I thought up not only for this game but for future installments.

Left2Die

Haha, I actually convince mr friend that L4D was a sequel to Left 2 Die.

Which is proof why they wont choose that one, as some people may feel the L4D comes after L2D

jamieoliver22
08-06-09, 21:23
^ All FPS games should be on a PC anyway, much easier to control.

Spong
09-06-09, 01:22
^ All FPS games should be on a PC anyway, much easier to control.

Using keyboard & mouse? That's purely a matter of perspective, I think keyboard & mouse is an horrific way to play any game.

But anyway, L4D2...great news to hear about the sequel. I'm finding the story about thousands of people boycotting it hilarious though. It doesn't bother me that Valve have yet to honour their claims of DLC for the original, I don't own it. I've played it plenty though and it's enjoyable enough as it is, and the new stuff being heralded in L4D2 certainly looks good to me.

MattTR
09-06-09, 02:42
Missed this thread.. but I am so psyched for L4D2, it's one of my all time favorite Xbox 360 games.. yeahh!

Who ever thought there'd be a sequel? I'm excited..woot! :D

You who I play L4D know what I'm talking about. ;)

Larson_1988
09-06-09, 02:49
What is this game about anyway? :confused:

Carbonek_0051
09-06-09, 02:51

It's just a first person shooter where you are one of 4 survivors who is trying to escape area with zombies also kow as "infected". It's a multiplayer based game, so there isn't much story to it besides the characters backstories and them escaping.:p

Immortalis08
09-06-09, 02:58

What do you care? You bought RE 5 TWICE instead of playing a game where you, Matt, Nick, and I could play together.:(

Traitor.I will never forgive you. :p

Larson_1988
09-06-09, 03:06
It was an ironic questio. :whi: i might get it soon. ;)

Immortalis08
09-06-09, 03:12
It was an ironic questio. :whi: i might get it soon. ;)

Its too late. I've already committed suicide for your treachery.

Carbonek_0051
09-06-09, 03:16
Its too late. I've already committed suicide for your treachery.

:vlol:!

Speaking of, I might be getting Gold this weekend so I can start playing again with you guys.:D

I'll just ressurect you so you can play.:p

Immortalis08
09-06-09, 03:23
:vlol:!

Speaking of, I might be getting Gold this weekend so I can start playing again with you guys.:D

I'll just ressurect you so you can play.:p

Riight, the day you get Xbox Live GOLD is the day I miraculously grow my boobs back. :pi:

Carbonek_0051
09-06-09, 03:25
Riight, the day you get Xbox Live GOLD is the day I miraculously grow my boobs back. :pi:

Well start buying bras then.:ton:

Immortalis08
09-06-09, 03:30
^ Very well can I borrow your training bras. :o

Foolishness aside, i'm still debating whether or not i should get the new installment. It hardly seems worth the price to be honest. I am going to wait for reviews.

Carbonek_0051
09-06-09, 03:33
^ Very well can I borrow your training bras. :oI got rid of mine, my bewbs are gone.:p

Foolishness aside, i'm still debating whether or not i should get the new installment. It hardly seems worth the price to be honest. I am going to wait for reviews.I agree to a certain extent, the only thing that bugs me is there is one new Special Infected, 5 new campaigns, and new modes. I mean it all sounds good but 5?! Only 5?! Couldn't they have made more? Plus the new SI "The Charger" is the same thing as a tank except smaller.

I am still going to buy it, but Valve really needs to impress me more. I am a little ticked off that we haven't heard anything about Half-Life 2 Episode 3 but they are putting out a sequel to this already.

Spong
09-06-09, 04:59
...i'm still debating whether or not i should get the new installment. It hardly seems worth the price to be honest. I am going to wait for reviews.

I agree to a certain extent, the only thing that bugs me is there is one new Special Infected, 5 new campaigns, and new modes. I mean it all sounds good but 5?! Only 5?! Couldn't they have made more? Plus the new SI "The Charger" is the same thing as a tank except smaller.

That's why I've been reading stories about people already boycotting the sequel. They believe the "improvements" don't warrant a whole new game at all, that what's been presented could feasibly be included as simple DLC for the current L4D, DLC that Valve promised but have yet to deliver.

But like I said before, none of that bothers me because I don't own the original L4D.

interstellardave
09-06-09, 11:05
I got rid of mine, my bewbs are gone.:p

I agree to a certain extent, the only thing that bugs me is there is one new Special Infected, 5 new campaigns, and new modes. I mean it all sounds good but 5?! Only 5?! Couldn't they have made more? Plus the new SI "The Charger" is the same thing as a tank except smaller.

I am still going to buy it, but Valve really needs to impress me more. I am a little ticked off that we haven't heard anything about Half-Life 2 Episode 3 but they are putting out a sequel to this already.

We can hope that those campaigns are larger than those in the original game... but I agree about The Charger; I don't get what's special about him?

That's why I've been reading stories about people already boycotting the sequel. They believe the "improvements" don't warrant a whole new game at all, that what's been presented could feasibly be included as simple DLC for the current L4D, DLC that Valve promised but have yet to deliver.

Well, 5 additional campaigns as DLC would not be cheap... nor do I think people should expect them to be. So, putting them in a new "game" may not be such a bad thing... especially if it's a bit cheaper than the average new game cost. Maybe $40.00? One can hope.

Gladous
09-06-09, 13:40
We can hope that those campaigns are larger than those in the original game... but I agree about The Charger; I don't get what's special about him?

Like Ivan's boobs? :ton:

Anyway, they said the campaign is going to be much longer than L4D1 and if you saw that 7-8 minute gameplay video, they had this special infected that looked like a fat ball like figure wearing what looks like a blue and green hoody. :D

Carbonek_0051
25-07-09, 22:34
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sdcc-09-left-4-dead/53209

New gameplay footage, I am looking foward to this a lot more now. The gameplay shows the axe in action, the special ammo rounds, new weapons, and 2 new infected the Charger and Spitter.:jmp:

Catracoth
06-08-09, 00:29
I think I'll pass on this one. It's not looking any better than before and L4D was enough for me.

Sir Croft
06-08-09, 00:32
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sdcc-09-left-4-dead/53209

New gameplay footage, I am looking foward to this a lot more now. The gameplay shows the axe in action, the special ammo rounds, new weapons, and 2 new infected the Charger and Spitter.:jmp:

And the enemies from L4D just keep getting more disguting :p

Carbonek_0051
06-08-09, 00:35
And the enemies from L4D just keep getting more disguting :p

I know right?:D

I love the special ammo, and GRENADE LAUNCHER!:jmp:

Sir Croft
06-08-09, 01:15
I know right?:D

I love the special ammo, and GRENADE LAUNCHER!:jmp:

I love the melee weapons, but the pistols aren't infinite anymore :(