PDA

View Full Version : State Trooper arrests ambulance for not moving out of the police's way on a 911 call!

Gladous
02-06-09, 22:41
-wX5KMfjYYY&feature

The freaking ambulance was taking that man's mom to the hospital and for not moving out of the way for the state trooper, he has to be arrested?! :eek:

violentblossom
02-06-09, 22:48
Oh hell no.. and that trooper had the AUDACITY to put his hands around that man's throat?!

What the ****?

I'd sue, straight up.

Draco
02-06-09, 22:55
Man, if that had been my family member, those troopers would need an ambulance.

Gladous
02-06-09, 22:56
Oh hell no.. and that trooper had the AUDACITY to put his hands around that man's throat?!

What the ****?

I'd sue, straight up.

I'd say suing wouldn't do anything but the man is very smart by video taping this all and getting the cop's license plate number so he can get in real trouble. :tmb:

Rai
02-06-09, 23:02
A case of power going to his head perhaps?

So what happened to the 911? Did that get ignored whilst the State Trooper was arresting the ambulance man?

Gladous
02-06-09, 23:04
A case of power going to his head perhaps?

So what happened to the 911? Did that get ignored whilst the State Trooper was arresting the ambulance man?

Apparently because he could've been doing his job instead of being a dirtbag and arresting an ambulance that had to take that guy's mom to the hospital! :smk:

Elessar87
02-06-09, 23:09
^So is seems. You can hear the mother of the man taping everything calling for her son which means that she was still in the back of the ambulance while all that was going on. Which means she wasn't on her way the hospital like she should have been but was parked by the side of the road while that idiot was arresting the driver.

This is so outrageous I can't even believe it. The woman in the back of the ambulance can't get the medical attention she needs because some jackass's pride got wounded when the ambulance didn't pull over? Like what everything in the world revolves around him? :rolleyes: And that "officer" putting his hands around the driver's throat was seriously corssing the line. It was unnessicary and I definately would try to sue or something if I was the driver. Doesn't that qualify as unnessicary roughness?

EDIT: Gladous beat me to it. But I 100% agree. That guy obviously didn't really need to be going anywhere if he was willing to take all that time out to arrest the ambulance driver. It he was on his way to a real emergency he wouldn't have cared.

Nannonxyay
02-06-09, 23:14
If anyone can justify what that police officer did, then well. I don't have any hope left for society or this world.

That police officer was just stupid.

And the amount of racists on Youtube is unbelievable. :mad:

Elessar87
02-06-09, 23:24
If anyone can justify what that police officer did, then well. I don't have any hope left for society or this world.

That police officer was just stupid.

And the amount of racists on Youtube is unbelievable. :mad:

I KNOW. It's seriously quite shocking. As is the twisted logic some people seem to have. Every time a moral question comes up I get utterly floored by the sick excuses people have for terrible, outrageously immoral actions. It makes me question the state of society as a whole.

Squibbly
02-06-09, 23:52
That is absolutely ridiculous. I hope that guy loses his job.

Gladous
03-06-09, 00:21
That is absolutely ridiculous. I hope that guy loses his job.

If he doesn't, then there is something wrong with this world. :(

:}hello friend
03-06-09, 00:41
The police are the ones causing crime these days... I'd sue, ya know what If his mom died... those troopers are risking lifes rather than saving them...

And what about the call to 911??? Did they forget about it???

Gladous
03-06-09, 00:48
The police are the ones causing crime these days... I'd sue, ya know what If his mom died... those troopers are risking lifes rather than saving them...

And what about the call to 911??? Did they forget about it???

They were probably too worried about harming a civilians then working. :rolleyes:

Sir Croft
03-06-09, 00:49
I wonder what he'd do if it was a relative of him instead. *******.

patriots88888
03-06-09, 02:54
Unfortunately, the video posted doesn't show everything that happened leading up to the time of the tapes' inception. Based on what I did see, I would say that the police officers were more than a bit over-zealous in their approach to this situation.

I find it difficult to believe that there isn't something more and missing from the video here. It just wouldn't make any sense for them to pull over an ambulance that had its sirens and emergency lights going on its way to the hospital. :confused:

I'm speculating that maybe the sirens and lights weren't turned on and that the officers didn't realize that the ambulance was in the midst of an emergency run of its own. I'm thinking that may be a reason why they still might be able to make an arrest here.

spikejones
03-06-09, 02:57
State Trooper arrests ambulance for not moving out of the police's way on a 911 call!
they must have made some bigger cells then, since the last time I was there. :vlol:

Rachel Croft
03-06-09, 03:01
I swear, some cops are just, ugghhhh!

spikejones
03-06-09, 03:11
hmm.. the "hand around the throat" deal was a result of the man resisting arrest. the officer tried to grab his arm and turn him around so he could cuff him, but the guy resisted. When someone does that.. you get no pity from the officers. I've seen worse **** than a hand to the throat being used to subdue a person who is resisting. now that that is cleared up..

why it was that the officer felt inclined to pull the ambulance over is beyond me, but the best I can speculate is that he didn't realize there was an "emergency" transport in progress, possibly due to not having the lights on. In which case, it most likely was not a life/death emergency as most would presume. The officer was likely ****ed off of course that the ambulance, without signaling there was an emergency, did not heed way for the police to respond to a call. In the grande scheme of things, if it was truly an emergency - the ambulance would not have pulled over but would have continued to drive to the hospital. Do I agree with what happened? not really. But if you think about it - ambulance drivers aren't above the law, and I'd imagine the same thing would have happened with a firetruck driver.

Gladous
03-06-09, 04:13
hmm.. the "hand around the throat" deal was a result of the man resisting arrest. the officer tried to grab his arm and turn him around so he could cuff him, but the guy resisted. When someone does that.. you get no pity from the officers. I've seen worse **** than a hand to the throat being used to subdue a person who is resisting. now that that is cleared up..

why it was that the officer felt inclined to pull the ambulance over is beyond me, but the best I can speculate is that he didn't realize there was an "emergency" transport in progress, possibly due to not having the lights on. In which case, it most likely was not a life/death emergency as most would presume. The officer was likely ****ed off of course that the ambulance, without signaling there was an emergency, did not heed way for the police to respond to a call. In the grande scheme of things, if it was truly an emergency - the ambulance would not have pulled over but would have continued to drive to the hospital. Do I agree with what happened? not really. But if you think about it - ambulance drivers aren't above the law, and I'd imagine the same thing would have happened with a firetruck driver.

Even if he didn't have his lights on and the cops didn't know it was emergency, the ambulance told them over and over that there was one and the cops should've let them go! :tea:

egypt_gypsie
03-06-09, 04:18
This goes in the category of epic cop fail....-_-

voltz
03-06-09, 07:30
I do believe a lawsuit can be filed because the officer committed to willfull endangerment of another's well being. Also with those officers on camera, neighborhood communities would give them hell off and on so you can imagine they'll have to move away to be clear of any harassment.

Still those bacon whiffers deserve to have some serious karma knocking their *** in place so they remember where they belong in this society. Hell be with them!

Goose
03-06-09, 07:40
Even if he didn't have his lights on and the cops didn't know it was emergency, the ambulance told them over and over that there was one and the cops should've let them go! :tea:

Well that doesn't excuse it, there are different levels of call, if the woman fell over and twisted her ankle badly, but the son doesnt own a car, then the ambulance will have to take her to the hospital, but it has no right of way on the roads, its the same as any other vehicle. So if its in the way of a police car its breaking the law the same as anyone else.

In that case its more then likely that the ambulance driver is trying his excuses to get out of a penalty that could effect his job, just because he drives an ambulance, doesnt mean he wont collapse into the anxious, excuse blabbering wreck that anyone else does when confronted with the law.

spikejones
03-06-09, 07:44

well.. as has been pointed out by patriots8888, we didn't see the full story. all we see is some dude raising cane. we don't see what happened before that. it could very well be that the officers made an assesment of the circumstances and deemed to be a non-life threatening one, therfore no valid reason not to heed way to an officer en-route to a call. to be honest, I didn't hear the conversations that well in order to hear the driver say it was an actual "emergency". what this is here, is a classic case of people seeing what they want to see based upon what little biased "evidence" has been provided - yet people neglect to consider what might have happened prior to the recording that warranted the arrest.

rowanlim
03-06-09, 07:48
Ridiculous. I can't believe that happened.

voltz
03-06-09, 07:59
Ok here's the violation that was committed...

Oklahoma Statutes Citationized
Title 21. Crimes and Punishments
Chapter 20 - Assault and Battery
Section 650.3 - Interference with Emergency Medical Technicians or Care Providers - Punishment

Every person who willfully delays, obstructs or in any way interferes with an emergency medical technician or other emergency medical care provider in the performance of or attempt to perform emergency medical care and treatment or in going to or returning from the scene of a medical emergency, upon conviction, is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment in the county jail not exceeding six (6) months, or by a fine not to exceed Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00), or by both such fine and imprisonment.

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=69279

You're screwed, cop!