PDA

View Full Version : Yes! Finally got an interview!!

chobits743
03-06-09, 13:15
So after 2 months of fruitless job hunting, I finally got an interview! :jmp:

It is at this really nice daycare center, and the director was really nice. There were plenty of kids running around, and he mentioned that 2 of his workers had to quit because they cannot work every day. I can!! :D

So, are you in a stable job? Are you looking for work as well? Or do have an interview lined up already, like me? :)

michaeldt
03-06-09, 13:39
congrats! :D

Marianna12
03-06-09, 13:40
Congrats!!!:hug::hug::hug::jmp::jmp::jmp:

(But, I think that this should be in the congratulations etc section;))

chobits743
03-06-09, 15:20
whoops, sorry! If a mod could move it, I would appreciate it. :)

Love2Raid
03-06-09, 15:28
Well done! Good luck. :tmb:

Lee croft
03-06-09, 15:33
ohh congrats :tmb: i hope all goes well with the interview :)

rowanlim
03-06-09, 15:38
Congratulations for getting that interview! Good luck! :) :tmb:

I'm still studying, at the way the economy is now, I doubt the chemical industry will be okay when I graduate :D

Chocola teapot
03-06-09, 15:44
Aww congrats!!! I hope you fully enjoy your job and make lots of money!

Gabi
03-06-09, 17:24
(But, I think that this should be in the congratulations etc section;))

Since it seems to me that chobits wanted to make this more into a thread for exchange of information than a mere "congrats" one, I will leave the thread here in GC.So after 2 months of fruitless job hunting, I finally got an interview! :jmp:
So, are you in a stable job? Are you looking for work as well? Or do have an interview lined up already, like me? :)
I have been in my current job for over 12 years now, but have just applied for a different one (basically still doing the same but with more responsibilities). My interview will be on Wednesday next week.
Good luck with yours. :tmb:

Encore
03-06-09, 17:26
Great, I hope you get the job :)

I too have been looking for job for 5 months, then about a month ago I ended up going to a crappy job at a call center just because I really need the money (as few as it is); I'm still looking for something better at the same time though.

stereopathic
03-06-09, 17:35
this is really good news, chobits! congratulations!

as for me, i have my own little business as a graphic designer. thankfully (and mainly because of where i live), most of my work is based on the petroleum industry so i've not been affected by this tragic worldwide recession.

i saw a story on the news this morning where a guy went in to rob a store and was stopped in a scuffle by the owner. the would-be robber explained that he had long ago lost his job and was desperate & going hungry. he apologized.

the owner then gave him $20 and a loaf of bread. they shook hands. it was really heart-warming.

so be thankful for your interview or whatever job you may have. it's rough out there right now.

touchthesky
03-06-09, 19:30
Hope you get the job :D.

I currently am at college (over iin 3 weeks though, where has the past 2 years gone?) and have been accepted into University :).

I also work bank at a care home. This one to be precise:

http://i43.************/2lt2rs.jpg

Glenisla Care Home occupies a modern two-storey building designed specifically to cater for the needs of our residents and stands in its own landscaped gardens in Keith.

This purpose built building comprises of a large seated entrance hall, dining room, day room, tv lounge, apartments and en-suite bedrooms.

Activities and social events are encouraged - listening to the radio, watching television, walking in the garden and playing games. A personal carer is always on hand and the mini bus is used for days out and shopping trips. Specially invited speakers and musicians often provide entertainment for the residents.

A local hairdresser visits weekly and appointments can be made to see the dentist, chiropodist or optician.

I actually love my work, everyone there is so kind. :)

Endow
03-06-09, 19:32

chobits743
04-06-09, 03:08
um, kinda late, but...I GOT THE JOB!! :D

I get to work 4 hours a day, Mon.-Fri. and get the weekends, holidays, and vacation time! It is a little less pay than my other work place, but I think it is going to be an excellent job, and I get more time to work anyway.

I wish good luck to everybody still out there searching for a job. I know it was one helluva time trying to find one.

Fallen.Angel
04-06-09, 03:15
Congratulations on getting the job :tmb: Yeah it's been extremely difficult trying to find work over here. So you're very fortunate

Right now I'm planning on staying home taking care of my infant, but my bf is definitely trying to find work after being laid back several months ago. At least he has unemployment though.

Anyways, good luck and I hope it works out for ya :)

scoopy_loopy
04-06-09, 07:22
Im thinking of joining the defence undergraduate program. They'll pay for $40K a year to stay in Uni and commit to whichever field I want (and qualify for) after graduation, for a year.

rickybazire
04-06-09, 08:29
Congratulations Chobits!! That's really good that you got the job, I hope you enjoy it there :D

I gave in my CV to WHSmiths a couple months ago after they put a poster on their window asking for someone to work Saturday and Sunday, 12 hours in total. I was told that I was the first person to give in my CV, so that was a bit promising. But being a Christian and everything, I didn't want to work on Sunday, so I wrote that I could only work Saturday. I knew that this would diminish my chances of getting a job there.

Last Thursday, I got a phone call at about 2 in the afternoon, asking if I could come in sometime for an interview, so I said the following day at 10, and that worked out alright.

Walked into the interview, 10 minutes later, walked out with the job!!

He didn't even have to make the decision whether to employ me. It was more sort of, 'can you do these hours?' (which were quite good hours, 12:45 to 5:30 on Saturday, so it's not the whole day, but at least it's some :D, and I can do overtime too). I said yes to those hours and he said to come in next Friday (tomorrow), for some till training and I can start work on Saturday!!

So pleased about it :D :jmp:

Lintal
04-06-09, 09:06
Good for you!. i had one on Tuesday! they said they would get ahold of me on Wednesday Night and it's now Thursday night :hea: would have been perfect as well

stranger1992
04-06-09, 10:12
Congratualtions! I hope you get it :D

3 people in 3 weeks have quit from my work because of the new working envioronment and the lack of management. I was going to be #4 because i didnt get paid for 29 hours overtime, for a 2nd time in consecutive months. However, I cannot afford to leave so i've decided to stick it out. Now I work 7 days a week. yay ._.

spikejones
04-06-09, 11:13
Since it seems to me that chobits wanted to make this more into a thread for exchange of information than a mere "congrats" one, I will leave the thread here in GC.
I have been in my current job for over 12 years now, but have just applied for a different one (basically still doing the same but with more responsibilities). My interview will be on Wednesday next week.
wow.. thats a long time. My longest running job was only about 1.4 years, but again - I'm young and the rest of the jobs before that were lost either from me quitting because I just wanted the day off, or I got fired for missing a shift without calling in. typical irresponsible adolescent behavior. not recommended.
Great, I hope you get the job :)

I too have been looking for job for 5 months, then about a month ago I ended up going to a crappy job at a call center just because I really need the money (as few as it is); I'm still looking for something better at the same time though.
take it from me, having seen the negative aspect of leaving a job before finding a new one - keep the one youve got, even if it sucks and you hate it, until you find that better job.
um, kinda late, but...I GOT THE JOB!! :D

I get to work 4 hours a day, Mon.-Fri. and get the weekends, holidays, and vacation time! It is a little less pay than my other work place, but I think it is going to be an excellent job, and I get more time to work anyway.

I wish good luck to everybody still out there searching for a job. I know it was one helluva time trying to find one.
I was unemployed and searching for a job for over a year before I finally landed this job at quizno's. even though it can suck at times, its a pretty easy job - definitely not rocket science. I don't see myself being there forever, but I'm not leaving any time soon either.

Johnnay
04-06-09, 12:11
Since it seems to me that chobits wanted to make this more into a thread for exchange of information than a mere "congrats" one, I will leave the thread here in GC.

oooooooh ooooooooooooh

what is your current job ( off topic)

and btw congrats chobis743 for your job:)

Larapink
04-06-09, 13:05
Congrats! :D

Right now I'm looking for a job. :)

SGRaider
04-06-09, 13:07
Congratulations! I'm glad for you!
I am too young to work.