PDA

View Full Version : Time to Remake the Scream Trilogy!!

Nenya awakens
03-06-09, 23:32
EW reports that original writer Kevin Williamson has been busy penning a new trilogy for the Scream franchise and hopes to enlist some familiar faces into the mix. Apparently Williamson has already approached Courteney Cox Arquette and David Arquette to return, but no word if they've reached Neve Campbell yet.

The rumor mill broke a year ago with news that Williamson was dishing out a new trilogy, but it was assumed to be a new set of sequels, while EW claims this will be a "reboot". Either way, we're gonna get the same tired crap

I knew that they were making a scream 4, I had no idea that they were making a new trilogy.

How? the story has been told!

Thoughts?

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/uhm/showthread.php?t=45075

Angelus
03-06-09, 23:37
For ****s sake... is it so hard to come up with an original idea?

Jake Croft
03-06-09, 23:38
to the left to the left all the remakes in a box to the left.

Nenya awakens
03-06-09, 23:38

i'm really hoping this is going to be a new set of sequels and NOT a remake.. the originals bloody corpses aint even cold yet! :rolleyes:

Lew
03-06-09, 23:41
Well, we need a better series of horror films.... Scream was always one of the best so why not again?

Angelus
03-06-09, 23:42
I just don't see the point of remaking a trilogy that ended less than ten years ago. It's idiotic that film studios have to rehash and remake old classics to keep raking in money.

MadCroy101

lol yup

Angelus
Well, we need a better series of horror films.... Scream was always one of the best so why not again?

Exactly. It's one of the best and it's there for people to watch - why remake it?

violentblossom
03-06-09, 23:43
Its too bad you feel that way about remakes, guys, because i just got greenlighted to do a remake of Legally Blond 2. :(

TRhalloween
03-06-09, 23:44
No remakes! I just wanted a sequel. Ugh :mad:

Nenya awakens
03-06-09, 23:44
Exactly. It's one of the best and it's there for people to watch - why remake it?

I cant even watch the trilogy at the moment because it's still so fresh in my mind.
this angers me as much as the Buffy Reboot!

MadCroy101
03-06-09, 23:45
No remakes! I just wanted a sequel. Ugh :mad:

Thats an amazing idea!

Angelus
03-06-09, 23:48
I cant even watch the trilogy at the moment because it's still so fresh in my mind.

I wouldn't worry about the Buffy reboot... it mostly likely won't happen, and if it does then it won't be able to be called Buffy.

x2crazyidiot
03-06-09, 23:50

I don't want a remake of the Scream triology at all, it's a classic set of.. woah, wait, a Buffy reboot? What?!!

Jake Croft
03-06-09, 23:51
I actually dont understand why people feel the need to remake a film, once youve seen something its not the same hearing the same story again but with different people... originals are always better.

Lew
03-06-09, 23:54
maybe its something to do with the fact that the originals arent scary anymore using outdated scares or the newer films just shock us more now.

Angelus
03-06-09, 23:54
I actually dont understand why people feel the need to remake a film, once youve seen something its not the same hearing the same story again but with different people... originals are always better.

I know...

it really ****es me off.

Jake Croft
03-06-09, 23:57
maybe its something to do with the fact that the originals arent scary anymore using outdated scares or the newer films just shock us more now.

They never are more scary though, cause you know the story so it doesnt scare people at all and mainly half the scares are in the exact same places

violentblossom
03-06-09, 23:59
They never are more scary though, cause you know the story so it doesnt scare people at all and mainly half the scares are in the exact same places

:tmb:

right on.

Natey168
04-06-09, 00:02
I love the amount of remakes being made recently! :D

Totally not sarcasm.

MattTR
04-06-09, 00:24
Why on EARTH would they remake the Scream series? It's not even a decode old! :rolleyes:

:hea: HEADBANG.

Jo269976
04-06-09, 00:26
Whoope :rolleyes:

Carbonek_0051
04-06-09, 00:30

WTF!:hea:

Squibbly
04-06-09, 00:34
I really don't know why they would want to do this.

Tombraiderx08
04-06-09, 01:16
it just wouldnt be the same without neve! loved her in all her movies :(

trtrailerman
04-06-09, 01:21
I'm really not suprised. I bet these film remakes will be next

the exorcist starring dakota fanning
Indianna jones: the ark of the convenant starring shia labeouf
Alien starring paris hilton as ripley
king kong, a remake of a remake starring silvestor stillone as king kong
and the godfather with sasha baron cohan

-_- kill me now people

Changeling
04-06-09, 08:32
And I thought Hollywood had gone too far when they were going to re-make the Alien series.

Now I see that I was wrong, NOW they've gone too far :hea:

Whatever happened to imagination?

Tyrannosaurus
04-06-09, 08:45
Scream is a clever, but overrated pile of codswallop anyway. Why is this even worth being remade? There are still some fantastic books out there that haven't been adapted to the big screen yet.

Lee croft
04-06-09, 08:46
ive never been scread of scream ive always found it funny!!! abit like sceary movie but with less laughs but still funny

Changeling
04-06-09, 09:04
ive never been scread of scream ive always found it funny!!! abit like sceary movie but with less laughs but still funny

Scary Movie was a spoof of Scream... that's why it's less funny.

Carbonek_0051
04-06-09, 09:29

The Scream films weren't supposed to be scary. They were satirical slasher films.

Meaning they weren't supposed to be taken too seriously as horror films, and that's what made them great. They combined tongue in cheek jokes with good old slasher flick fun.;)

Lee croft
04-06-09, 09:41
The Scream films weren't supposed to be scary. They were satirical slasher films.

Meaning they weren't supposed to be taken too seriously as horror films, and that's what made them great. They combined tongue in cheek jokes with good old slasher flick fun.;)

i know im just saying :D

Nenya awakens
04-06-09, 10:58
Scary Movie was a spoof of Scream... that's why it's less funny.

I find it quite amusing that the scream series was originally going to be titled "Scary Movie" :)

*laralover*
04-06-09, 11:15
Ugh im so sick of remakes and stuff hasnt anyone got any original ideas! :hea:

Shark_Blade
04-06-09, 11:17
A remake....wow..yay...:rolleyes:

digitizedboy
04-06-09, 11:20
Scream is a clever, but overrated pile of codswallop anyway

seconded!