PDA

View Full Version : XBox 360 video trouble

Solice
04-06-09, 00:50
I got it running, downloaded the updates for both the counsel and TRU, but the picture quality is terrible. The colors are washed out, and its blurry. I set it for 1080p, which my monitor supports. I am using the hdmi connection.

I use the same display for my PC, and the colors are vivid and sharp in the game. My video card for my PC has settings for AA and color quality, where I increased the vividness of the colors. But Xbox does not seem to have any such controls.

Anyone have any ideas?
:confused:

aussie500
04-06-09, 05:47
Just because your graphics card supports a 1080 resolution does not mean your monitor will. What is the actual native resolution of your monitor? TRU for the PC does not even support a 1080 resolution so how could you have played TRU with those settings? The Xbox 360 has no settings for AA or colour everything is standard you would change colour on your TV or monitor. Are you using a TV or an actual PC monitor?

tim_k
04-06-09, 06:55
I got it running, downloaded the updates for both the counsel and TRU, but the picture quality is terrible. The colors are washed out, and its blurry. I set it for 1080p, which my monitor supports. I am using the hdmi connection.

I use the same display for my PC, and the colors are vivid and sharp in the game. My video card for my PC has settings for AA and color quality, where I increased the vividness of the colors. But Xbox does not seem to have any such controls.

Anyone have any ideas?
:confused:

For the washed out issue, you may need to change the reference (black) levels. It should be under the display format menu on the 360. For the image being blurry, is it only TRU? The 360 upscales to 1080p... from 576p in the case of TRU, so maybe that's what you're noticing?

TRU for the PC does not even support a 1080 resolution so how could you have played TRU with those settings?

Are you sure about that? The TRU PC demo supports 1080p, so why would the full retail version not be able to?

aussie500
04-06-09, 07:07
No l am not sure knowing nothing about HD TV's, or gigantic PC monitors. l play the Xbox 360 game on a 1680 x 1050 PC Monitor using the VGA cord, and l play the PC version on the same monitor. But looking through the PC settings the l see nothing that looks 1080 to me, demo has exactly the same settings as the full game, obviously you can play it on a bigger monitor (or TV), but it is not in the settings that l can see.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j215/aussie500/Image1-3.jpg

The aspect of most PC monitors would be all wrong for 1080p so l do not even see how you could do anything even if you had a 1600 x 1200 monitor. I suppose if you had a 19201080 PC monitor the Xbox 360 version would run fine, somehow l doubt Solice has the right monitor though or the picture would have looked fine.

Mona Sax
04-06-09, 18:37
Moving to Tech Support...

Solice
05-06-09, 00:13
Here (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c01182751&dlc=en) is my monitor. It does support HD. So I don’t know why the colors are all washed out and the edges are all jaggie. I put this XBox on my main 40-inch Sony TV that does 1080p and the colors look vivid and the screen is sharp.

I looked around the Net and found some people having trouble using VGA with the Xbox. But I am using pure HDMI, so I don't know what the deal is.:hea:

spikejones
05-06-09, 00:49
you are connecting HDMI direct from the X-Box to the Monitor I presume? or are you running it via a capture card?

btw... your standard resolution is listed as: 1920 x 1200
but 1080i/p is actually: 1920 1080

you may be experiencing image stretching, depending upon your monitors settings. look within the monitor's menus to find an option for "auto detect resolution" or "don't stretch" etc..

if neither is present - you may need to manually "un" stretch the height of the display when playing the x-box.