PDA

View Full Version : Mp3 to mp4 converters

la-la-lara
05-06-09, 09:13
Is there any specific (thus trustworthy) mp3 to mp4 converter you would recommend for downloading?

Thank you. Keep up the good work.

:wve:

Minty Mouth
05-06-09, 10:16
I thought MP3 was an audio format, and MP4 was video...

You cant convert Audio to Video.

EscondeR
05-06-09, 10:27
MP3 - MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3 - audio format
MPEG-3 - video format (audio+video streams)
MP4 - MPEG-4 - video format (audio+video streams)

You can convert from MP4 to MP3 (audio rip), not vice versa.

Phoebe_Croft
05-06-09, 11:46
la-la-Lara, I know this might not have been what you meant, but it could've been. If you have an mp4 player, you can play mp3's on it, aswell.

spikejones
05-06-09, 17:11
ahhh, ever the guessing game. that I why I like to see people state more details concerning why it is they want to do what it is they are asking about. surely enough - there is a way to take mp3 audio and embed it into an mp4 video - but this may not be necessary at all. rule of thumb for posting tech support threads is never to guess at what must be done, but rather to outline (for instance) what is the end result of what you want to be able to do with that mp3 file ;)

EscondeR
06-06-09, 08:30
^ Generally you're right. But the word "converters" was put, so to think a conversion, i.e. X = X, was necessary ;)

spikejones
06-06-09, 13:51
which is my point really. if a person assumes the "fix" or "correct action", then asks how to do that, they will generally be told how to do that - or in the case here, why it is not possible to "convert" x -> y. But not always is their assumption correct.