PDA

View Full Version : New BabySafe Ball Makes Shaking Your Infant Guilt And Injury Free

Survival
05-06-09, 13:45
THIS IS A JOKE. ITīS NOT REAL AND ITīS NOT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY!

_nJtd0Ua8sQ

One must love Onion :D

"You can even stab it with knifes, forks and broken bottle tops :D
"Burn resistant material means you can finally put out cigarettes on your baby"
"Space Age design means baby feels gentle rocking as heīs stuffed into fireplace"

:vlol:

Chocola teapot
05-06-09, 15:09
Oh my gosh.

adventurerLara
05-06-09, 15:14
:vlol: You would look crazy being seen buying this.

Rai
05-06-09, 15:23
:yik: Encouraging mothers to have hysterics now? That's just...psychotic!

And who's to say that the baby is happy in a dark ball? :confused:

Survival
05-06-09, 15:26
I hope you guys realized itīs not real :D

Rai
05-06-09, 15:31
I hope you guys realized itīs not real :D

It isn't? Oh what a relief. :) So what was that, an April Fools?

toxicraider
05-06-09, 15:32
OMG :vlol:

It concerns me that people might actually think it's real and make their own BabySafe Ball though. :(

Alex Fly
05-06-09, 15:33
Even if that's not real I don't find this funny at all, but it may be because I work in a nursery. ;)

Survival
05-06-09, 15:36
It isn't? Oh what a relief. :) So what was that, an April Fools?

Nope itīs from http://www.theonion.com/content/index , theyīre making spoof news etc.

Even if that's not real I don't find this funny at all, but it may be because I work in a nursery. ;)

Thatīs perfectly understandable. I helped in nursery for almost two years :) *though I still found this funny :D*

Cristina
05-06-09, 15:40
This is a joke right!??:vlol:

Survival
05-06-09, 15:41
Of course it is :)

Cristina
05-06-09, 15:54
Of course it is :)

:D

woody543
05-06-09, 16:35
lmao!

Tihocan9
05-06-09, 16:46
I know it isn't real and maybe I am just a killjoy but I don't see it as funny at all...its actually pretty scary watching it and sickening, even knowing beforehand that it was fake.

Minty Mouth
05-06-09, 16:55
Love the Onion :vlol: Did you know theres a movie?

But why is this in the Games section :confused:

Love2Raid
05-06-09, 16:57
This is just sick, if it were for real of course. ;)
But if it could prevent crazy people from doing that to an actual child...

matrix54
05-06-09, 17:49
the baby flying of the table and her getting frantic was funny. everything else was just wrong. I would never buy it.

Mytly
05-06-09, 18:06
The Onion's sense of humour is pretty dark and very non-politically correct. It's definitely not for everyone. ;)

Survival, I suggest you add "This is a joke" in very big red letters in the original post. ;)

Mona Sax
05-06-09, 18:50
Moving to Gen Chat...

Survival
05-06-09, 19:00
Thanks Mona and sorry I didnīt noticed I was posting it in videogames section :)

Mytly: Added thanks :)

digitizedboy
05-06-09, 19:19
Love the Onion :vlol: Did you know theres a movie?

lol I saw that some months back. Personally I didn't find it offensive, just plain ridiculous. Especially those sketches with the suicide bombers.

Minty Mouth
05-06-09, 19:45
lol I saw that some months back. Personally I didn't find it offensive, just plain ridiculous. Especially those sketches with the suicide bombers.

It really pulls no punches when it comes to controvertial issues like race etc. :ton:

voltz
05-06-09, 19:59
oh man, kick the baby is gonna be such a popular activity...

daventry
05-06-09, 20:25
This Thread is an Epic Fail and the Joke is Sickening, lets go to reality for a while where a Parent took a Real Baby and swing it around in the blanket while the poor thing was screaming his head off till it passed out, the Baby eventually Died and the Parents were Arrested for Murder. :ohn:

takamotosan
05-06-09, 20:32
i feel bad about laughing but it's so funny

:vlol:

Survival
05-06-09, 20:44
This Thread is an Epic Fail and the Joke is Sickening, lets go to reality for a while where a Parent took a Real Baby and swing it around in the blanket while the poor thing was screaming his head off till it passed out, the Baby eventually Died and the Parents were Arrested for Murder. :ohn:

Horrible stuff like this happens every day, more importantly plenty of other horrible things happen too. We can go around thinking about them all we want but that doesnīt mean we canīt have a laugh once in a while especially since this simple joke has nothing to do with them. If you found this video really that much offensive I suggest you stay away from internet, TV or anything else since thereīs plenty of much much much worse stuff out there. Itīs a joke and you found it sickening thatīs fine with me but donīt be so overly melodramatic since every sane person knows what happens in the reality and the people who made this video surely know it too. This video is satire mixed with black humour. Parents should never even think about shaking with their babies let alone do it but we live in society where they try to sell you almost anything on TV to make your life easier... instead of people actually doing something about the problem they invent almost anything so they donīt have to do something about it... look at all the people who thought this was real. Think about it.

daventry
05-06-09, 21:02
Yea thats true, ever seen the Video with the Granny Kicking the Baby. :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP02NCfKH10

violentblossom
05-06-09, 21:12
I cut it off about 20 seconds in.

I'm not offended, but it certainly wasn't entertaining.

Survival
05-06-09, 21:18
I cut it off about 20 seconds in.

I'm not offended, but it certainly wasn't entertaining.

Which is perfectly understandable :) I donīt have kids but I took care of some for almost two years.

daventry
05-06-09, 21:20
Now how about some Entertainment :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riQ0D88rWkc

violentblossom
05-06-09, 21:20
Which is perfectly understandable :) I donīt have kids but I took care of some for almost two years.

Different strokes for different folks, i suppose. :wve: :)

Survival
05-06-09, 21:22
Different strokes for different folks, i suppose. :wve: :)

The world would be a horrible (and quite boring) place if all people were the same :D.

TRhalloween
05-06-09, 21:39
lol :vlol:
I love the Onion.

Mr.Burns
05-06-09, 21:43
I'm not fond of this topic in the slightest but I'm keen to let it stay in the hopes that this would allow for a deeper meaning to be gleaned from this. At the moment I'm seeing this degenerate into a spam fest so, cut out the spam or else I'll start prescribing some anti spam medication in the form of closed thread.

sheepydee
05-06-09, 21:48
that video is sick ! what sort of person puts there child in that thing!! she shuld have her kids tooken off her

violentblossom
05-06-09, 21:49
that video is sick ! what sort of person puts there child in that thing!! she shuld have her kids tooken off her

its a joke, something that's been stated numerous times here.

i don't know about anyone else, but being a parent has made me 10 times more patient than i was before.

as frustrating as being a parent has been at times, i'm glad that i've never come close to taking it out on my child.

sheepydee
05-06-09, 21:53
its a joke, something that's been stated numerous times here.

i don't know about anyone else, but being a parent has made me 10 times more patient than i was before.

as frustrating as being a parent has been at times, i'm glad that i neever come close to taking it out on my child.

a joke?! but they put the kid in it nd she like kicked it! tis sick in the head how can someone consider that a joke ...

violentblossom
05-06-09, 21:53
a joke?! but they put the kid in it nd she like kicked it! tis sick in the head how can someone consider that a joke ...

no, no, that's not real, but it does appear so.

watching that part makes me very anxious.

Survival
05-06-09, 21:55

1) Itīs not real.

2) Because the was not the point of the video at all. The point was there are people out there who are capable of hurting their kids and no one does anything about that so itīs basically like encouraging them (IE in the video people will rather create a giant ball to put the baby in and sell it -because theyk now people will buy it- instead of doing something about the parents). Of course there are people who care but there are those who do not and sadly theyīre propably in majority.

Marianna12
05-06-09, 21:57
Oh, Gosh!!!
Poor baby....:(:(:(
:D

Lara's Nemesis
05-06-09, 22:13
I tried watching the Onion film. I had had to switch it off.

I love a bit of black humour but I just couldn't get into that film.

violentblossom
05-06-09, 22:24
I tried watching the Onion film. I had had to switch it off.

I love a bit of black humour but I just couldn't get into that film.

Ditto.

Black humor about babies is a taboo i can't get into. It doesn't help that the baby is actually put into that ball.

patriots88888
05-06-09, 23:12
Any time I see the words infant and shake together I cringe regardless of whether humor is intended or not. I find nothing funny about it nor with the video.

Benguitar
05-06-09, 23:35
I know it's a "joke" but I didn't find it funny what so ever.. :pi:

Lara Coft Baby
05-06-09, 23:40
I know it's a "joke" but I didn't find it funny what so ever.. :pi:

Ditto, It may be fake but its just not really that funny to me. Its just stupid if you ask me. Thats all im gonna say

Fallen.Angel
05-06-09, 23:55
I agree with violentblossom; ever since I became a parent, I have become so incredibly patient. Infact, even though my baby has his 'colic' moments (usually around 10pm-3am, it varies)... never have I gotten frustrated with/at him. (Except for the first couple nights lol, but I was taught to just set him down and leave the room whilst I let my boyfriend try to handle the situation.) Though now I have become so attached to him, that I will do anything to ease his fussiness. It makes me almost want to cry knowing that there are mothers out there even thinking about shaking their infant.

I know this is a joke, but I still find it sad. :(:o

sheepydee
06-06-09, 09:56
there are plenty more things i could say about this but i had better keep my mouth shut before i get in trouble :mad:

Carbonek_0051
06-06-09, 10:01
^Then why post that at all?

Anyways, since I have not yet given my 2 cents. I know that child abuse is a sad sad subject that sickens me. But knowing this is a joke and only a joke does not offend me or sicken me. Everyone is aware stuff like that happens is real life, there is nothing anyone can do. One little joke like this does nothing whatsoever, if you don't like it fine. I just don't think sitting here posting about how "awful" and "wrong" the video was is going to do anything.

I don't find the joke funny, but I can live knowing that this was only a joke and was ment to be funny. I think some of the reactions here are a little too serious. I'm not trying to sound like I think it's bad to express your opinion, I'm just saying somethings are just too little to be getting upset over.

Minty Mouth
06-06-09, 10:05
The thing to remember is that no babies were harmed in the making of this video :o

The Onion has a very controvertial sense of humour. Portrayed by Exibit A:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ7J7UjsRqg (if you were offended by the baby one, I can guarantee you will be offended by this, so if so, dont watch it)

But its just jokes. Nobody working on that finds the actual matter of cruelty to babies/animals acceptable.

When it comes down to it, you are either entertained my such material, because you can differentiate between the harsh reality of the subject matter, and the satrical take offs, or just arent affected by the subject matter in your own life. Or you dont find it funny, because you have a different sese of humour, and/or its a bit too close to heart. Both are okay.

michaeldt
06-06-09, 10:08
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAH!!! :vlol::vlol::vlol::vlol::vlol::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp: :jmp:

that is one of the funniest things I have seen! :D

*laralover*
06-06-09, 10:13
Its funny how serious they were...:vlol: That was pretty sick when they put the kid in the ball but i highly doubt they shook the ball with the child in it they probably replaced it.

TRhalloween
06-06-09, 23:27
Its funny how serious they were...:vlol: That was pretty sick when they put the kid in the ball but i highly doubt they shook the ball with the child in it they probably replaced it.

Well, it is easy to turn a camera off and on again.

larafan25
07-06-09, 01:24
^ya,as I remember they changed the camera view right after they placed the baby in,then turned it back for the closing of the ball.....