PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Crash - Impassable

ChrisIVX
06-06-09, 11:03
In the Artcic, since installing the trophy patch, I cannot get past the first room with the thralls because the PS3 seems to completely freeze up after just a few hammer blows and I can't get to the next checkpoint. I'm also trying to play it on hardest, for the trophy, and get the secret in this room, which resets itself every time you die, so not only would it be extremely difficult to fend off multiple baddies with a shotgun instead, but I'd have to go back to the start if I did get to a checkpoint.

Is there an easier way?

By the way, the forum's search engine conveniently omits "PS3" as a term because it's too short, and because almost all the threads in here seem to be PC/specs related, I had no way to look through old threads to see if someone else had posted this. Sorry for repeating the question if there is one, but please fix that.

ChrisIVX
06-06-09, 13:22
Never mind, I got it done with a cheat, but in case anyone stumbles across this with the same problem, there's a one shot kill cheat so you can use the less graphically-intensive pistols to suppress the thralls. This doesn't seem to prevent the game completion trophy, although I did repeat the cheat afterwards to turn it off again.

technole
15-06-09, 14:16
In the Artcic, since installing the trophy patch, I cannot get past the first room with the thralls because the PS3 seems to completely freeze up after just a few hammer blows and I can't get to the next checkpoint. I'm also trying to play it on hardest, for the trophy, and get the secret in this room, which resets itself every time you die, so not only would it be extremely difficult to fend off multiple baddies with a shotgun instead, but I'd have to go back to the start if I did get to a checkpoint.

Is there an easier way?

By the way, the forum's search engine conveniently omits "PS3" as a term because it's too short, and because almost all the threads in here seem to be PC/specs related, I had no way to look through old threads to see if someone else had posted this. Sorry for repeating the question if there is one, but please fix that.

I had this same problem in hardest mode! I was fighting off the thralls with the hammer after I got on the bottom platform when a burst of them appears. Then suddenly the screen cuts out, goes black and the PS3 crashes. I actually had to turn it off via the back switch. That has never happened before.

Unfortunately I lost my autosave file in that mess as when i turned it back on it asked if i wanted to create a new autosave. Knowing there are some issues,
I last manually saved right before lowering the bridge though so it wasn't that long until I got the area and made a new manual save just in-case. This next time I just stood on the pole platform and killed them all from there as they re-spawned. No problems.