PDA

View Full Version : Glidos Question

CPB178
06-06-09, 15:22
Hello, I was just wondering something... I have Glidos installed on my old pc (it's unlocked/without the spinning logo) I was wondering if i can put glidos onto my new PC without having to pay the $10 to unlock it again:)

Thanks

TRfan23
06-06-09, 16:10
Though I've only got the demo/trial version of Glidos, I don't think you can, I think it's only licensed to one machine for $10?

gidierre
06-06-09, 17:43
I have Glidos installed on my old pc (it's unlocked/without the spinning logo) I was wondering if i can put glidos onto my new PC without having to pay

yes you can afaik
I paid for it 7 yrs. ago and in time, with every new machine as the old one went to the litterbin I had to renew my registration, and as each time the Glidos ID/keys change (and at times just after a format/windows reinstall stint)
I would ask Paul to kindly renew the unlock codes :)

quarrystile
07-06-09, 08:26
As gidierre says, YES you can :D

yes you can afaik
I paid for it 7 yrs. ago and in time, with every new machine as the old one went to the litterbin I had to renew my registration

So no you do NOT need to pay for it again If you are NOT intending to use your old PC ever again.

However, If you plan to use Glidos on BOTH PC's then you should do the honest thing and pay the $10
for the second PC. Glidos is sold as one software per PC.

I hope this helps. :tmb:

CPB178
07-06-09, 08:52
Thanks for the help guys!:jmp: So how do I go about asking him to 'renew the unlock codes'? Can you kindly show me where I can ask him:o, thanks.

quarrystile
07-06-09, 09:00
Go here. http://glidos.net/purchase.html?lang=en
And just follow the instructions :)

CPB178
07-06-09, 09:11
Thanks for the link but dumb old me still can't understand how to contact Paul, the interesting link you've given has sent me to the page where i can buy Glidos, I dont need to buy it again, because I am scrapping my old PC. :o.

quarrystile
07-06-09, 11:24
OK. So you are scrapping your old PC?

I am assuming that you are using Windows XP . :confused:
I am also assuming that you want Glidos so that you can play TR 1.
I always install my Glidos this way, because it works for me :p
EscondeR will give you further install options if he feels they are required :)

Install Glidos on your new PC following the instructions here. http://www.glidos.net/install.html?lang=en

IMPORTANT Remember to re-boot your PC after installing VDM sound :)

1 .. Now open Glidos and click on the Glidos ID button.
2 .. Press the "Copy your Glidos ID to the clipboard" button.
3 .. Now go here. http://unlock.glidos.net/unlock.php?lang=en
4 .. Enter your Email address AND the password that you got when you originally purshased Glidos. Then "log on"
5 .. Paste your Glidos ID into the correct place on the next page. (You copied it in step 2 above, remember. :) )
6 .. A new set of Unlock codes will be generated.
7 .. All you have to do now is copy them and then paste back into Glidos using the "Install your unlock codes from the clipboard" button.
8 .. IMPORTANT You MUST close / exit Glidos then RE-START it before the unlock codes will work. :)

All the infomation you need can be found on the GLIDOS WEBSITE (http://www.glidos.net/index.html?lang=en)

I have been using Glidos for years now, the website will explain everything that you need to know if you look hard enough. :)

:tmb:

CPB178
07-06-09, 11:31
Thank you quarrystile! I have one other problem however, I changed my e-mail address since I installed Glidos on my old PC:( Is there any way to find out what e-mail address I used to register?:o

quarrystile
07-06-09, 11:46
Thank you quarrystile! I have one other problem however, I changed my e-mail address since I installed Glidos on my old PC:( Is there any way to find out what e-mail address I used to register?:o

Your memory ?? LOL :vlol:

If you can't remember which one you used, and chances are that the email address is now a 'dead one' anyway.
I think you your are actually STUCK ! You might have to go and buy it again. :(

CPB178
07-06-09, 11:50
Your memory ?? LOL :vlol:

:ton::vlol: My memory is crap at the best of times:tea:

If you can't remember which one you used, and chances are that the email address is now a 'dead one' anyway.
I think you your are actually STUCK ! You might have to go and buy it again. :(

Yeah, it looks like I will have to do that, ahh well, at least its only $10 and not $100;) for something as great as Glidos, $10 seems a bargain!

Thanks anyway

quarrystile
07-06-09, 11:58
Paul is a TRF member. He was online about 2-3 days ago. His profile page is here http://www.tombraiderforums.com/member.php?u=4517

You could send him a PM maybe, explaining your problem giving him as much info about your old email address as possible. He might be able to find your details and then advise you as what to do next.
You could also mention this thread to him. ??

gidierre
07-06-09, 13:30
Paul is a TRF member. He was online about 2-3 days ago.
or lookup vogons.zetafleet.com
there are three distinct forum's sections dedicated to Glidos (vs. dosbox & all kind of other stuff), that he (Paul) regularly monitors afaict,
and post there too
fortunately I still keep that old mail account of mine I originally registered by all those years ago, but I don't think there will problems if you explain the reason for your request and he retrieves your personal info.