PDA

View Full Version : Questions on Windows XP - please help - thank you. :o)

Sifo-Dyas
07-06-09, 08:16
Hey

I'm about to download the latest driver of my audio card, but I totally in the dark as to which kind of a Windows-version I have, please? Do I have Windows XP 32 bit or 64 bit and how do I check this please?

I thought I could check it by clicking on the icon 'System', but once I open that - under the tab standard information, there is nothing mentioned.

Anyhow: can anyone please tell me how to check what kind of bits I have under Windows XP, please?

Thanks!

Bye for now

Punaxe
07-06-09, 12:10
Press and hold the Windows-button on your keyboard while pressing the Pause/Break button. Alternatively, right-click the My Computer icon and select Properties. Alternatively, go to the Control Panel and select System.

In the first tab (General), under System: it will tell you what Windows version you have. If it does not mention it's an "x64 Edition", you have a 32 bit edition.

Sifo-Dyas
07-06-09, 15:46
Hey thanks!

Err ... what do I do when there's absolutely nothing mentioned, please? I do remember that there used to be some information before, but apparantly it's gone now.

Under "System" and "Registered to" there is some information, but under "Computer" there is absolute nothing. Why is that, please? That is not an indication that there is a problem, right? :)

Thanks.

Bye for now

EDIT: Whoops. You said under "System" and not under "Computer". Still: why is there nothing mentioned under "Computer", please? That lack of information troubles me a little bit; to be honest. Thanks a lot. :D

spikejones
07-06-09, 20:52
it should list you CPU etc.. there.
if you run diagnose.exe (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/download/diagnose.exe) we may be able to help you out there ;)

Punaxe
08-06-09, 11:21
Hmm yes I don't know why it wouldn't list your system's specifications there... :confused:

Alternatively, if you want to know what you have, you could try typing "systeminfo" (without the quotes) in a DOS-prompt, and scroll up when it's done.

gidierre
08-06-09, 12:23
what do I do when there's absolutely nothing mentioned, please?

take a look at this page (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827218/en-us)!