PDA

View Full Version : Food Poisoning, ever had a case?

MattTR
07-06-09, 15:33
The other day I ate at Fridays and I ordered a burger, she asked me how I wanted the burger and I said "Medium-well", as I always do.. and halfway into eating my burger it tastes so soft I can nearly see blood dripping from it, she thought I said "Medium-Rare", which is like eating raw beef! The thought of it made me queesey, but I was alright until the next morning, when I woke up with horrible stomach pains and indigestion, need I say more? :(

I'm alright now, just took some Tums and rested, but have any of you ever had food poisoning? It's not too uncommon now days.. :hea:

Croft, Lara
07-06-09, 15:34
Yup. Stupid chinese takeaway and it's sweet and sour chicken! :cen:

ShadyCroft
07-06-09, 15:41
Yeah I have, about 12 years ago. I ate this thing we have pretty well-known here called Falafel.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Okhm7AjHzv8/R99OxsxGZwI/AAAAAAAAAts/TRPDaVapIzs/s400/e-Falafel-and-Tabbouleh.jpg

I woke up the next morning and was all well. I was playing in the garden mid-day and I started having this stomach-ache. I collapsed at the threshold cause I didn't have the keys to go inside the house, and when my parents came and saw me, they took me straight to the hospital where I stayed there for a day or 2.

Oh and my brother had it too the same time with me.

sandygrimm
07-06-09, 15:43
yup .. twice.. :) And I still don't know what I ate O_o
in 3-4 days I lost 4 kg I didn't leave the bathroom :vlol: I ate nothing but toast and tea, and everything tasted like rubber, 4 days with rubber taste .. eww!

Ikas90
07-06-09, 15:43
I had this really bad cheese the other week. Actually I don't know if it was because it was off, or because it was just a different type of cheese.

All I know is that it tasted EXACTLY like vomit.

xx_Hunt_xx
07-06-09, 15:56
Yeah, by my old college, i ordered a sausage bap. And lets just say the sausage must of been cooked for a mere 20sec. I felt fine up intill next day, with sevre stomache cramps. Wasnt a nice time.

amiro1989
07-06-09, 16:09
Yeah, it was with Pizza. I had a stomach ache, during all the day, the day after. I had no energy, and I couldn't move without suffering. :(

CroftGameGirl
07-06-09, 16:13
Yup, in Kosovo :( It was my cousin's hen night and i don't think the meat was cooked properly :( I was sick ALL night LONG And the next day...Oh man. I'm eating an orange right now and feeling quesy just remembering :(

sheepydee
07-06-09, 16:37
my friend got food poisoning from a bit of cheese at a Runrig concert :p

digitizedboy
07-06-09, 16:52
yeah, I had a lamb burger at a resturant and I swear in the middle of it was still frozen. I still ate it though, and I had bad whatdoyoucallits a few days after.

adventurerLara
07-06-09, 18:27
I have never had food poisoning, there have been a couple of times I thought I might get it though:p

Marianna12
07-06-09, 18:27
Thanks God, I've never been in this situation!:p
But, I'm sorry for all of you!:(:hug:

ShadyCroft
07-06-09, 18:42
actually, it wasn't so bad. Well, the diarrhea was a *****, but other than that, I took a few days off of school. :p

EgyptianSoul
07-06-09, 18:59
Well I once ate badly cooked fish and it made me sick. :)

Encore
07-06-09, 19:04
The other day I ate at Fridays and I ordered a burger, she asked me how I wanted the burger and I said "Medium-well", as I always do.. and halfway into eating my burger it tastes so soft I can nearly see blood dripping from it, she thought I said "Medium-Rare", which is like eating raw beef! The thought of it made me queesey, but I was alright until the next morning, when I woke up with horrible stomach pains and indigestion, need I say more? :(

I really like what you call "medium rare" beef but frankly I would be scared of eating it in a fast food joint. :pi:

I once got food poisoning too, it was at KFC. I still don't know what happened though. I ate some chicken nuggets and it tasted pretty normal. But fact is, that night I spent the whole night throwing up until all the dinner was out of my body. Yuck. :o

Chocola teapot
07-06-09, 20:08
Chicken burger made me violently ill for about five days, It was not pretty.

jackles
07-06-09, 20:14
Atleast three times.....and twice of those times my darling mum poisoned me. Hopefully it was unintentional. Of course this was back in the day when I was a teen. She gave me a nearly raw egg once (and she told me not to make a fuzz and eat it)...I lost 6lbs in fluids in 24 hours. :(

Another time was during my wedding anniversary....had the meal in reverse, not a very romantic time.

There are various types of food poisioning though. It can depend on what bacteria is involved as to how long the illness lasts.

Romantics Inc.
07-06-09, 20:19
...and never again wil I eat from a street vendor in Mexico :pi:

Atlantisfreak666
07-06-09, 20:30
McDonalds.
:pi:

Romantics Inc.
07-06-09, 20:32
McDonalds.
:pi:

haha!! :D

Gladous
07-06-09, 20:39
Some Outback Steakhouses aren't that great... :p

Bumio
07-06-09, 20:59
when i was in 5th or 6th grade, during lunch i ordered a pizza, ate it, and after few hours i felt that something was wrong. it was the last class of the day, biology if i remember well. my stomach was going wild, i felt dizzy, also one moment i felt very hot, the other - very cold. good thing that i didn't puke till the end of the class, and good thing that my home was few minutes away from school.
i was sick for the next few days.
damn pizza :pi:

Mokono
08-06-09, 02:09
One happy day when i was ten, i was cleaning my room and found this tasty Oreo cookie hiding under my bed. I could not remember the last time i ate an Oreo, but it was still solid, so i thought that my sister left it... I ate it, nothing happened. But i woke up in the morning with a lot of pain. A major "D" for me.

MattTR
08-06-09, 02:37
I really like what you call "medium rare" beef but frankly I would be scared of eating it in a fast food joint. :pi:

I once got food poisoning too, it was at KFC. I still don't know what happened though. I ate some chicken nuggets and it tasted pretty normal. But fact is, that night I spent the whole night throwing up until all the dinner was out of my body. Yuck. :o

Tell me about it! :vlol: It's a mystery what you're getting at McDonalds! :p

Thanks for sharing your stories guys. :hug:

Made me feel a bit BETTER! :D

scoopy_loopy
08-06-09, 06:25
Yeah, ate some too rare lamb. It wasnt pretty, I was spewing for about 24 hours... horrible night :(

Fine after that, but Im always hesitant before eating lamb now lol.

rowanlim
08-06-09, 06:34
The worst food poisoning I had was when I was 17, I had rojak, it's a Malaysian dish where they mix fruits & stuff. The seafood in my rojak wasn't very clean; I was vomiting & retching when there was nothing left to puke, I was dehydrated & had to receive fluids via drips at the hospital for 5 hrs. I remember the nurse inserting the needle at the wrong place & when she pulled it out, the warm blood was all over my left hand, I was half conscious when I thought "****".

I never ate rojak again after that.

SGRaider
08-06-09, 09:02
I had one when I was 4th grade or something like that. I think I had one last night, cause I had a serious stomachache and couldn't sleep. Now I feel horrible. I can't stand on my feet for more than a minute and could fall asleep on my desk every moment...

x2crazyidiot
08-06-09, 09:05
I've had it twice, both times.... Pizza Hut :pi:

Dennis's Mom
08-06-09, 13:40
I given birth three times,and it was never as painful as food poisoning. Most horrible pain of my life. *thinks* Well, gout is pretty bad too.

SoulReaver74
08-06-09, 13:54
New years eve, i remember eating these cocktail sausages at a pub, they had layed on this huge spread with all the trimmings and i remember eating these things and something wasn't tasting right, so i left them well alone, anyway next day i was in serious trouble, so much pain, constant vomiting, diahrea, you name it, couldn't keep nothing down for 24hrs and lost 4lb in the process. But after all that i still eat cocktail sausages, just never from the pud or any buffet except my own. :o

thanatos
08-06-09, 14:32
Yes, plenty of times, but I don't consider it food poisoning unless there's night sweats and vomiting, indigestion is just that, indigestion.

TRULuverzz
23-07-09, 18:55
i think i got food poisioned once :o
but don't remember what i ate that made me sick

scion05
23-07-09, 21:22
You know, what a lot of people don't know about food poisoning is that it can also be headaches after eating aswell, it's just a different kind. These are more common after take-aways, and in some people are probably reactions to the monosodiumglutamate.

Tombraiderx08
23-07-09, 21:23

I'm alright now, just took some Tums and rested, but have any of you ever had food poisoning? It's not too uncommon now days.. :hea: ive never had food poisoning, but id seriously want a free meal, thats crazy

TRhalloween
23-07-09, 21:30
Food Poisoning, ever had a case?

No, never! I would never do that to anybody! >_> ...<_<

Cristina
23-07-09, 21:33
One day i asked some strawberry pie and the taste was sooo bad in the nest day i was in the toilet all mornig!:(

:o

da tomb raider!
23-07-09, 21:42
No, I don't believe I've ever had a case of food poisoning. Although, come to think about it, I've endured some dull stomach aches over the past few days. I don't think it's down to food poisoning, though.

larafan25
23-07-09, 21:59
not sure if I have,I may have gotten it with Pizza but not sure if it was food poisoning:)

CerebralAssassin
23-07-09, 22:11
yup,from chicken.I threw up twice a couple hours after eating it,and the next day I felt like ****.couldn't go to work,and overall it felt like a nasty hangover.:hea:

viper456
23-07-09, 22:29
I conveniently had a case of food poisoning when I didn't want to go out for my friends birthday one year... LMFAO

Quasimodo
23-07-09, 22:33
Oh yes. I was cleaning shrimp off the walls.

Autolycus
23-07-09, 23:29
Too right i have. Lets just say 3 letters when spoken sends me to a place where the nightmare waits for me..........B.B.Q.

Trigger_happy
24-07-09, 02:42
The last night of my mates and mine holiday, half our group got food poisoning for awful Paellas. I escaped as I didn't order one, but the worst bit, they totally messed up our orders, so loads of my friends who didn't order seafood paellas got them, and were too polite to moan, so they got food poisoning. They're last day on our holiday was spent over the toilet.

irjudd
24-07-09, 02:49
Not food poisoning, but a severe allergic reaction to a food. It didn't turn out well for me. :pi:

_Awestruck_
24-07-09, 02:54
Yes, school pizza used to give me the worst food poisining when I ate it. I stopped eating it completely and could barely look at it after a few rounds of it not agreeing with me.

Shauni
24-07-09, 02:58
Oh yeah, I seem to be unlucky and get sick a lot off restaurant foods. Chinese restaurant made me really sick one time. Never went back =X

Peanut
24-07-09, 03:27
Oh! Fridays is Sick! :mad: I ordered a stake and I wanted to try it, I ate one bite and every 5 Mins I had to go to the bathroom! :mad:

voltz
24-07-09, 03:37
I tried out some chicken at Burger King at one time and ended up having to call in sick as I was trying to clear my system out. Did this a second time so I can confirm it's bad.

Much safer buying snacks from the store.

ChingKong
24-07-09, 06:07
i think i had light food poisoning...just diarreah..no vomit :)

damn tamales

Angelx14
24-07-09, 07:30
Yeah, once. It was from mashrooms and it was my dads fault. Stayed at home vomiting for 2 weeks :rolleyes:

remote91
24-07-09, 07:37
Yessums, never had a case of it that's been really serious though.

jaywalker
24-07-09, 08:09

I'm alright now, just took some Tums and rested, but have any of you ever had food poisoning? It's not too uncommon now days.. :hea:

Hmm fact i eat steaks `blue` and very rare at `most` i dont think its going to be the actual meat thats made u ill but your bodies instant reaction to things. believe me the body can make u more ill then any genuine sickness/disease.

When was younger was in Tunisia with my dad/bro and on the last day we were made to eat breakfast before our trip home. The eggs werent very well cooked and the waiter even said `good british eggs`, me and brother complained to me dad they werent edible but he insisted we eat them. We ate them, and when got home saw Ms Edwina Currie on telly talking about the Salmonella scare.. Needless to say my brother and I had it really bad for a while.. My dad was very sorry :)

Another Lara
24-07-09, 08:14
Hmm fact i eat steaks `blue` and very rare at `most` i dont think its going to be the actual meat thats made u ill but your bodies instant reaction to things. believe me the body can make u more ill then any genuine sickness/disease.

Well blue is definitely an acquired taste... had to try it after you kept going on about how nice it was... felt like I was chewing a raw bit of beef...

Medium rare for me! ;)

jaywalker
24-07-09, 08:19
Well blue is definitely an acquired taste... had to try it after you kept going on about how nice it was... felt like I was chewing a raw bit of beef...

Medium rare for me! ;)

Well blue IS basically just warmed up.. however any good beef is totally able to be served that way.. the blood doesnt come into it til its rare-medium (blue doesnt `ooze` blood as people assume but actually still holds it all in hence its really dark colour *drool*)

Damn am hungry for a blue steak now and its only 9:20am