PDA

View Full Version : Father's Day Presents, what have you got?

xXhayleyroxXx
07-06-09, 20:16
I hope everyone has remembered it's father's day soon!
:ton:

soooo what's everyone got or is planning to get for their dad???
and if you're a dad, what would you want from your kids???

I got my dad a lifesize puppy boxer ornament rolling over for it's belly tickled for his fireplace (he loves boxer dogs) and me and my sister combine presents so probably a box of chocolates and a really nice card too XD
I'l try find a pic of the boxer to show you, he's sooo cute; I had people going 'aww look at it!' haha.

Heres a link to the picture of the puppy boxer ornament if you're curious:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3119/3132935873_5e0a199ba0.jpg?v=0
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Marianna12
07-06-09, 20:19
That's a very nice present!:jmp:
btw, when exactly in father's day?:o

Mad Tony
07-06-09, 20:21
http://fotw.fivestarflags.com/images/g/gb-devon.gif

He's proud to be a Devonian :p

xXhayleyroxXx
07-06-09, 20:23
sunday the 21st, soooo not next sunday but the sunday after (I like to plan early)
and thankyou XD
xxx

Marianna12
07-06-09, 20:25
sunday the 21st, soooo not next sunday but the sunday after (I like to plan early)
and thankyou XD
xxx

Ooh! Thanks!:hug:
I don't know yet...But, I'm sure he'll be pleased if I do well in my exams!
:p

lararoxs
07-06-09, 20:26
Nothing. It probably will stay that way.

My relationship with my Dad is like this.:wve:

Croft, Lara
07-06-09, 20:26
He's getting zilch! He doesn't wanna see me....he gettin nada!

EmeraldFields
07-06-09, 20:28
http://ultimatediscountfragrance.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/joop_cologne_by_joop1.jpg

It's his favorite cologne.:)

sheepydee
07-06-09, 20:29
Nothing , i hate him

Romantics Inc.
07-06-09, 20:31
I got my dad a tablesaw :o

xXhayleyroxXx
Every has really nice present ideas!
and it's really sad to hear about the people who don't get on well with their dads :( i'm sorry to hear that.

and no problem Marianna12 ;) yeah same, exams are so hard! i wish you luck for results day!

xxxx

viper456
He will get a card. That will do :)

Gladous
07-06-09, 20:32
http://ultimatediscountfragrance.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/joop_cologne_by_joop1.jpg

It's his favorite cologne.:)

My dad and uncle use that too! It smells sooo good! :D

Nothing , i hate him

Aw, I'm so sorry! :( :hug:

Nannonxyay
07-06-09, 20:34
I'll probably draw something for him. I might draw Hellboy for him because he loves the movie and is thinking of getting a tattoo of him. :D

ajrich17901
07-06-09, 20:35
Wow yea i forgot so thanks for the reminder or i would have never heard the end of it lmao.

Gladous
07-06-09, 20:35
I'll probably draw something for him. I might draw Hellboy for him because he loves the movie and is thinking of getting a tattoo of him. :D

That will be so cool! :D

When you're done, can we see pics? :p

McGloomy
07-06-09, 20:36
In Germany we celebrated Father's Day (or Men's Day, how it's also called here) on 21st May. I gave him a spinning top I made by myself from paper. He gave me a bottle of Jägermeister in return. :whi:

Nannonxyay
07-06-09, 20:37
That will be so cool! :D

When you're done, can we see pics? :p

Of course. :D I haven't drawn any Hellboy related things, (I love the movies as well, but I'm more of an Abe Sapien fan, :p) but damn it, I'll try. :D

xXhayleyroxXx
07-06-09, 20:39
Interesting fact about Germany, I never knew that! And nice XD

There's gonna be some lucky dads on the 21st!

Marianna12
07-06-09, 20:40
and no problem Marianna12 ;) yeah same, exams are so hard! i wish you luck for results day!

xxxx

Thank you! Good luck to you, too!:hug:

Bumio
07-06-09, 20:48
here, Father's day was today :)
I bought him a chocolate cake and it was oh so delicious! :cln:

-DaNnEe..
A card.

McGloomy
Interesting fact about Germany, I never knew that! And nice XD
Yeah, check out Wikipedia for the dirty details (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father%27s_Day#Germany)... :D
It is tradition to do a males-only hiking tour with one or more smaller wagons, Bollerwagen, pulled by manpower. Many men will use this holiday to get very drunk, to the point of having gangs of drunk people roaming the streets, causing much embarrassment to more conservative German people who don't participate.

xXhayleyroxXx
07-06-09, 20:55
@McGloomy - it seems i'm learning more and more about culture every day! hahaha thanks for the link

@Marianna12 - thanks a lot and no problem! :hug:

xxxxxxxxx

it's lovely seeing everyone's ideas and stuff XD

Squibbly
07-06-09, 21:04
My dad loves the Metal Gear Solid series but doesn't own them, so I'll probably buy him all the games (minus the newest one; he doesn't have a PS3).

And then maybe I'll see if he wants to go out for dinner or something. My dad and I have never been close, but I've been trying to work on that lately. I guess you just reach a certain age (I'm in my 20s) and realize that your parents are getting older and they're the only ones you've got. I would really like to have a relationship with him and I can sense he feels the same way. We just have to figure out where to start.

xXhayleyroxXx
07-06-09, 21:15
My dad loves the Metal Gear Solid series but doesn't own them, so I'll probably buy him all the games (minus the newest one; he doesn't have a PS3).

And then maybe I'll see if he wants to go out for dinner or something. My dad and I have never been close, but I've been trying to work on that lately. I guess you just reach a certain age (I'm in my 20s) and realize that your parents are getting older and they're the only ones you've got. I would really like to have a relationship with him and I can sense he feels the same way. We just have to figure out where to start.

aww it's nice you're thinking like that, I hope you create a really strong bond ad that he Loves your presents! xxxx

Lavinder
07-06-09, 21:16
http://redhotfreebies.co.uk/free-toblerone.gif

:)

xXhayleyroxXx
07-06-09, 21:21
^^^ omg is that real, are they designed that way for father's day???
my dad loves tobelrones XD

Nerd For Life
07-06-09, 21:23
Nice ideas for presents, guys. I always get so sad on Father's Day... RIP, Dad.

Joely-Moley
07-06-09, 21:23
Not a lot considering I have no idea where mine is...

I think the idea of a 'Dad' toblerone is really nice. :p

xx_Hunt_xx
07-06-09, 21:27
Laural and Hardy dvd boxset

Cloe Christina
07-06-09, 21:28
I don't mean to put a downer on everyone but fathers day is second worst day in my life...... so i bought myself some game.....

Nerd For Life
07-06-09, 21:28
I don't mean to put a downer on everyone but fathers day is second worst day in my life...... so i bought myself some game.....

I know how you feel.

jackles
07-06-09, 21:30
Sad to see that people have bad relationships with their parents.

Hmmmm well I hope that for those of you who are chaps that if you have kids when you grow up, you don't make the same mistakes as your dads. :( (unless you have a great day then feel free to copy him)

My dad will get a card. Late as usual, I am terrible at sending cards on time or even at all sometimes.

Lavinder
07-06-09, 21:32
^^^ omg is that real, are they designed that way for father's day???
my dad loves tobelrones XD

Yep :).

xXhayleyroxXx
07-06-09, 21:36
Yep :).

Thanks :ton: Because of you my dad will have an extra treat on father's day (my step-mum deprives him of candy and chocolate):hug:.
I hope your dad likes his!

@jackles - yeah it is sad to hear how people don't get on with their dads :(

xxxx

Siberian Tiger
07-06-09, 21:38
I might post my father a box full of dog's ****. ^^

EgyptianSoul
07-06-09, 22:09
All you people who are in contact with your fathers, cherish your time with your family. :)

I will never know who my father is/was. Don't even know if he's alive or dead.

xXhayleyroxXx
07-06-09, 23:23
^^^ aww that's really sad!
It's actually such a shame how many people on this forum don't like/see or know their father :(

xxx

Saphyre
07-06-09, 23:40
I have 2 dads (ones a step dad)

Don't know what i'll get either of them. Some beer most likely, and a nice card. I want to be a bit more imaginative though.

xXhayleyroxXx
07-06-09, 23:43
I have 2 dads (ones a step dad)

Don't know what i'll get either of them. Some beer most likely, and a nice card. I want to be a bit more imaginative though.

yeah i have a step-dad too, but i never really know whether I should get him something :S oh well if you are with yours I will too XD

xx

Angelus
07-06-09, 23:55
A card and an as-yet unknown present. My Mum is so easy to buy for, but my Dad is so awkward.

lararoxs
07-06-09, 23:57
Actually, if he keeps it up and doesn't do anything stupid, like legal action, he might, just maybe, get a card...

xXhayleyroxXx
07-06-09, 23:59
A card and an as-yet unknown present. My Mum is so easy to buy for, but my Dad is so awkward.

I always find that too! i'm so glad I found an easy solution this year, although the problem this time will be if my step-mum will allow it on her 'pristine' fireplace...
lol she really annoys me, she hates him eating chocolate and stuff `cause they're both trying to loose weight but he loves it, and she hates us buying him things that will 'clutter her house' :(
xxxx

Dark Lugia 2
08-06-09, 00:10
Hopefully this, I need some money :p :
http://www.ezydvd.com.au/g/i/p/221706.jpg
Thatd be the first time I've bought something other than a card...

digitizedboy
08-06-09, 00:45
Not really my dad died months back..

LaraLuvrrr
08-06-09, 01:07
I dont think I'm getting mine anything tbh...

Carbonek_0051
08-06-09, 01:12
Well seeing as I have a distant relationship with my father the most he'll get is a hug (if he's lucky). My grandfather who I live with and take care of is like a father to me so I am going to clean the whole house and cook him dinner.:)

Catapharact
08-06-09, 01:16
Goodness gracious, are good strong knit families such a rare thing these days?!

Anyway, I have a surprise party planned for my dearest father at the local banquet hall. Its so wonderful to see my dad still living his golden years as the same strong yet fair personality that he always has been.

Here is to my father; The person who instilled the drive and values I needed to gain my independence and succeed in life.

LaraLuvrrr
08-06-09, 01:35

I can only speak from what's around me but yes most families are broken. Most of my friends have divorced parents. My parents are divorced and I've tried to have a good relationship with my father for many years now but he refuses to change his behaviors that are offensive to me and my siblings. Both my aunts are divorced, one of them twice. My second cousins are all divorced and remarried lol... anywho I do think it is sad that strong loving families are so rare these days. But tis the same with friendships here too..

EmeraldFields
08-06-09, 01:44

Traditional nuclear families only make up 24% of families in the US today and about 75% of all children in the US will spend at least some time in a single-parent household.

TRenTIs
08-06-09, 06:58
I think I might be civil to him that day.

That could be fun. Or atleast interesting.

Voni
08-06-09, 08:24
Not sure what I'll get him, to be honest. Probably something small, as his birthday's next month anyway.

rowanlim
08-06-09, 08:29
Make dinner, clean the house & massage him ;)

Admles
08-06-09, 08:32
Father's Day isn't until September!

rowanlim
08-06-09, 08:35
Here Father's Day falls on June 21 :)

McGloomy
08-06-09, 08:38
Father's Day isn't until September!
Apparently there are some major differences (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father%27s_day#Dates) around the world. Pretty interesting.

scoopy_loopy
08-06-09, 10:20
Its so wierd how countries have different mother's and father's days.

I dont need to worry about it till september 1st :D

Legend Killer
08-06-09, 11:28
This year I am expecting something hand made from my little one. :hug:

Our bedroom tv is on the outs so a new flat screen could be a possibility as well. :tmb:

xXhayleyroxXx
08-06-09, 19:11
wow there's so many cultural differences! I would have thought australia been linked with england that it would have the same father's day, hmm very interesting.

and that percentage of people who don't see/like their fathers is so sad and terrible :(

TRexbait
08-06-09, 19:40
My dad's a handyman. I'll probably get him the drill/tablesaw he's been wanting for a while now...

maximum_123
08-06-09, 19:47
Nothing. It probably will stay that way.

My relationship with my Dad is like this.:wve:

He's getting zilch! He doesn't wanna see me....he gettin nada!

Nothing , i hate him

Everyone is just so loving! :vlol: You probably have your reasons, I'm joking...

I don't know, a card? To be honest, my dad is also not my most favorite person, but I still love him XD Uhm... A card and a Joss Stone CD is what I usually get him, because he likes Joss Stone. -_- Epic failure of a father. Joke.

James_Rutland
08-06-09, 19:54
Nothing. :wve:

Elmer
08-06-09, 20:14
I know how you feel.

Me too:( Fathersday is a very sad day:(

jamieoliver22
08-06-09, 21:18
I've got my dad a themed Toblerone (he loves it) with 'DAD 1' on the side (same as Laura, we both bought one) :p

I still need to get my step-dad something, probably just some beers or something. Need to get them both a card too.

Make dinner, clean the house & massage him ;)
o_O

Pan
08-06-09, 21:26
Hmm, not sure, my birthday collides with it so usually we've never made a big deal of things but when that's the case we do something we both enjoy like go on holiday or go fishing (I pretend to enjoy!)

Might get him something small, wine maybe?!

TRhalloween
08-06-09, 21:36
Not really my dad died months back..

Sorry to hear that. My dad died when I was about 6.

:}hello friend
09-06-09, 01:43
Absolutly Nothing! TM ;3

MattTR
09-06-09, 02:28
A $4 greeting card, hey it's the thought that counts, right? :D

Immortalis08
09-06-09, 04:27
I got him an iPod.

Tihocan9
09-06-09, 04:54
Well me and my brother and sisters are pulling together money so that my parents can take a trip to Florida (which they have been not able to due because of tight finances) which is where my older sister lives and my dad hasn't been able to see her for over a year so letting him see her will be a nice present I think. And a big hug :)

TRenTIs
09-06-09, 07:02
Wow; I really had no idea that Father's Day was in September for us.

oops

AmericanAssassin
09-06-09, 07:08
My father has done nothing to contribute to me being raised, so I'll be getting him nothing. ;) It was the same with my mother...

Legend Killer
09-06-09, 10:32
Well me and my brother and sisters are pulling together money so that my parents can take a trip to Florida (which they have been not able to due because of tight finances) which is where my older sister lives and my dad hasn't been able to see her for over a year so letting him see her will be a nice present I think. And a big hug :)

Fantastic idea for a gift! :tmb:

xXhayleyroxXx
09-06-09, 16:50

aww what a nice present!

Larapink
09-06-09, 16:51
Nothing. :(

ShadyCroft
09-06-09, 16:53
We don't have a father's day here ASFAIK!!! :confused:

violentblossom
09-06-09, 18:10
My biological father died a few years ago and my step father and i aren't on the best terms currently, so nothing.