PDA

View Full Version : Favourtie Inspirational Quote

Croft, Lara
08-06-09, 01:11
Mine are:

"If you can find someone to love the "you" you love; well, that's just fabulous"

&

"I'd be the penguin, 'cause I could eat the flying fish. I know what you're thinking - why doesn't the fish fly away? Well it can't really fly, it's all glide and flap. They should be called "glidy flappy fish." "

That last one may seem stupid but it always make me laugh no matter what so I class it as inspirational.

IceColdLaraCroft
08-06-09, 01:26
"Use the gifts you've been given to get what you want when you want it."

"You can act confident until you feel confident, but the secret to success is the willingness to make mistakes."

"Risk: you cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to loose sight of the shore."

Genocide
08-06-09, 01:31
"There is no fate but what we make"

Tjw croft
08-06-09, 01:40
"Life throws all it can at you; Just try and duck the big stuff."

Draco
08-06-09, 01:55
True power is given, not taken.

lacryjr
08-06-09, 02:03
'Don't believe in destiny, make your way.'

Mad Tony
08-06-09, 09:23
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself

digitizedboy
08-06-09, 11:45
We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Cochrane
08-06-09, 11:47
Always look on the bright side of life.

Yes, it's used with delicious irony in the original context, but apart from that it's actually a pretty good idea.

Endow
08-06-09, 13:01

TRULuverzz
08-06-09, 13:19
"they can kill my body, but they cannot kill my idea"
&&
the signature at the bottom of my post
|
|
V

Dennis's Mom
08-06-09, 13:37
"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it." -- Goethe

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all." - Douglas Adams

"Well-behaved women rarely make history." -Unknown

"All generalizations are dangerous, even this one." -- Alexandre Dumas

dream raider
08-06-09, 22:39
Some great quotes here! :)

I've got one:

"Always set the trail, never follow the path."

:)

Squibbly
09-06-09, 00:13
There are many I love, I would be listing forever.

I enjoy the one in my signature. It means "There is only one happiness in this life: to love and be loved." :)

Romantics Inc.
09-06-09, 00:14
I was told this by my grandmother, a day before she died.

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."

I live by that.

Spong
09-06-09, 00:30
"The man who smiles when things go wrong has already thought of someone to blame it on..."

"Failure is not an option - it comes bundled free with Windows..."

"Time is a great teacher, but it also kills all its pupils..."

"Computer games don't affect kids; If Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music..."

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil..."

"I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally..."

"People who go to a psychiatrist need to have their heads examined..."

"In the end it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years..."

"Given that God is infinite and that the universe is also infinite, would you like a piece of toast?"

trtrailerman
09-06-09, 00:32
how about "I'm foxxy cleopatra and I'm a whole lotta women!" :) always gets me through the tough times lol

but seriously

"Life is what we make of it" is a nice one

knightgames
09-06-09, 00:35
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.

Romantics Inc.
09-06-09, 00:45
how about "I'm foxxy cleopatra and I'm a whole lotta women!" :) always gets me through the tough times lol

So true...

Atlantean-Squid
09-06-09, 00:53
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9986/painisweakness.jpg

Ikas90
09-06-09, 05:17
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Success starts with believing in yourself.

Psychos'Я'Us
09-06-09, 05:29
"Life's a ***** now so am I" :mis:

Changeling
09-06-09, 07:28
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is,"

And ThatNorskChick's signature:

"Take the road less travelled by,"

jamieoliver22
13-06-09, 20:01
"No changing of place at a hundred miles an hour will make us one whit stronger, or happier, or wiser. There was always more in the world than man could see, walked they ever so slowly; they will see it no better for going fast. The really precious things are thought and sight, not pace. It does a bullet no good to go fast; and a man, if he be truly a man, no harm to go slow; for his glory is not at all in going, but in being."

- John Ruskin

violentblossom
13-06-09, 20:02
"To see the light, we must risk the dark.", from the movie "Minority Report".

]{eith
13-06-09, 20:09
"I don't fit into the puzzle? **** that puzzle!"

~Kathy Griffin~

TR93
13-06-09, 20:22
Stop today for a moment to pray for a soldier.
Remember what they give up to fight for you and me.
Honor their sacrifce.
Never forget that we live In The Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave

~Brad Arnold~

Atlantisfreak666
13-06-09, 20:27
"Just give up."

TTV
13-06-09, 21:59
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

The sky is not the limit - Me
(May sound self centered quoting my self, but oh well...:o)

"t.A.T.u is about saying what you feel, not what others expect. Be in love. Be yourself. We are" - Lena Katina

Pretty much anything Yulia and Lena say motivates me. ♥

Biddy
13-06-09, 22:00
''We are all in the same gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.''

- Oscar Wilde.

''I was the little girl that took the punches, then I delivered them, but now I take them again. Karma doesn't give the common man justice, yet it's a lesson learned.''

- Eliza.

violentblossom
13-06-09, 22:01
I LOVE this one:

"You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the **** on." — Tupac Shakur

NemesisxAngelus
13-06-09, 22:02
I LOVE this one:

"You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the **** on." Tupac Shakur

Tupac was such a wise man.

Dina_Croft
13-06-09, 22:06
I like a quote from iron man:
"Sometimes before you can walk you got to run..."

Lee croft
13-06-09, 22:40
"you spent a life time caged by accpeting who you are all of who you are you can be free and freedom is power"

19Kegan19
13-06-09, 23:24
"Never start a fight, but always finish it. I didn't start this fight, but I'm going to finish it. - Christine Collins, Changeling.

TTV
14-06-09, 00:46
I LOVE this one:

"You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the **** on." — Tupac Shakur
One I could use daily...

"Never start a fight, but always finish it. I didn't start this fight, but I'm going to finish it. - Christine Collins, Changeling.

Oh! Another of my faves: "Never start a fight, but always finish it." - My dad, and or some person whom I forget ATM. Haha.

Edit:

I think I've found my fave for now: "Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don't say." - Unknown