PDA

View Full Version : Issue with installing The Sims House Party...

TRfan23
08-06-09, 22:25
(Request Thread Deletion)

Larapink
08-06-09, 22:46
The Orignal Sims 1 series wasn't made for Vista so that might be the issue you're experiencing when your trying to install on to Vista.

EscondeR
09-06-09, 05:10
1. Put the Sims disc into drive.
2. Exit the Autorun menu.
3. Open the disc in Windows Explorer.
4. Right click the Setup.exe file, choose Properties > Compatibility tab.
5. Set Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode or lower if necessary. Press OK button.
6. Run Setup.exe manually.

If still any problems, check if Avast is not blocking the installation. Stop Avast Protection for the installation time if necessary. Add the installed game to the Exceptions List after.

N.B.: You may need to run the installed game in Win XP SP2 (or lower) compatibility mode as well.

TRfan23
09-06-09, 10:23
1. Put the Sims disc into drive.
2. Exit the Autorun menu.
3. Open the disc in Windows Explorer.
4. Right click the Setup.exe file, choose Properties > Compatibility tab.
5. Set Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode or lower if necessary. Press OK button.
6. Run Setup.exe manually.

If still any problems, check if Avast is not blocking the installation. Stop Avast Protection for the installation time if necessary. Add the installed game to the Exceptions List after.

N.B.: You may need to run the installed game in Win XP SP2 (or lower) compatibility mode as well.

I love you :hug:

It works :D

What I did was I set the compatibility to XP, but that didn't work. So I then changed it Windows 98/Windows Me and that worked. Also I did a test with Avast! That's not interfering with it ;)
btw - I've got the Sims Unleashed and Hot Date Expansion Packs. So I don't use this disc to play it, it's the Sims Unleashed one I think?

But I must admit, it does involve a lot of disc swapping...

TRfan23
09-06-09, 15:54
Now it's playing up. It keeps freezing when I play it :(
Even though I've got the compatibility thing on it. It works fine on my bro's vista laptop! Sadly I'm not allowed on it :(

I've done all what's said on the instructions for installation. I can't take a print screen, as to get off it I have to lock my laptop (via the windows logo button + L on keyboard) then switch user. Go onto my Admin account and open task manager and end the process. Then log out of my admin account and back into my main account, thus the print screen has be eradicated :(

EscondeR
10-06-09, 05:36
^ 1. Run the game with Admin rights.
2. IF you need you may enable real Administrator (http://www.tombraiderwiki.com/index.php/Administrator) account in Vista.
3. Try disabling DEP (http://www.tombraiderwiki.com/index.php/DEP).
4. Try disabling Avast protection before running the game.

TRfan23
10-06-09, 11:53
Done all of that and no it still freezes, and when I went to contact eaGames I have to sign up to their forums site to contact them :( What's the point when I'm not gonna post anything on there, except contact them, if there's no other solution? Besides when I had to reinstall it all, you can only uninstall Sims Unleashed. You can't actually uninstall the others, you can only manually delete the Maxis folder in Program Files :(

EscondeR
10-06-09, 12:09
Do you have several expansion packs installed? This may cause glitches. Reinstall from scratch.

TRfan23
10-06-09, 12:45
I have The Sims Hot Date + Sims Unleashed Expansion packs. Both bought after The Sims Triple Deluxe Edition. Thus overall I have to use the Sims Unleashed disc 1 to play it.

I'll write down a quote from the instruction Manual, so it's more understandable.

The Sims Triple Deluxe includes 4 individual products (5 discs): The Sims Deluxe Edition Disc 1 and Disc 2 (discs labelled as The Sims Triple Deluxe), The Livin' It Up (included in The Sims Deluxe Edition install), The Sims House Party, The Sims On Holiday and a Bonus Content Disc.

Then it tells you how to install the game, and after that it comes up with this below.

If you purchase The Sims Hot Date after installing The Sims Triple Deluxe, we strongly recommend uninstalling The Sims Triple Deluxe, then reinstalling The Sims Triple Deluxe, The Sims House Party (CD included with The Sims Triple Deluxe), The Sims Hot Date (sold separately), The Sims On Holiday (CD included with The Sims Triple Deluxe), and The Sims Triple Deluxe (in that order). Since The Sims Triple Deluxe includes The SIms Livin' It Up, there is no need to install it again. If you have The Sims Unleashed, The Sims Superstar or The Sims Makin' Magic Expansion packs, these should be installed after The Sims Triple Deluxe (The Sims Unleashed first, The Sims Superstar second and The Sims Makin' Magic Third).

But I did all this and it still froze, do you reckon I should install it all without bothering with the 2 expansion packs?

Edit:- Nope even without those expansion packs, still plays up! :( Why's it always my laptop! :( The only difference between this laptop and the one it works on is the graphics card. Mines 256MB and the other's 192MB. Seems now that more powerful laptops can't play games any better then the crappier ones! :(

Yet this sites (http://www.srtest.com/referrer/srtest) now officially a liar :mad:

Says pass to all the sims 1 games.

EscondeR
11-06-09, 05:11
It may be due to your Intel video chip? What video is installed on the laptop that runs the game fine.

TRfan23
11-06-09, 16:09
It may be due to your Intel video chip? What video is installed on the laptop that runs the game fine.

Sorry I don't understand what you mean?

Sega Saturn
11-06-09, 17:23
Sorry I don't understand what you mean?

EscondeR meant what video chip is in the other laptop that runs the game fine?
If you don't know how to check, follow this (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=137280) guide.