PDA

View Full Version : The Blue Screen of Death

Changeling
15-06-09, 17:54
My laptop keeps getting the dreaded Blue Screen of Death constantly and I really don't know what to do. :( It all began yesterday.

I was trying to open up a video-in-progress that I was making in Windows Movie Maker. My laptop was already running slow for some reason, and when I tried to open the video, I got the Blue Screen of Death and my laptop restarted. Then it kept on getting the Blue Screen of Death and restarting itself (which was really annoying). However, I managed to shut it off before the screen appeared. I left my laptop off for a while, put it back on and then everything was fine.

Now I tried to turn it on this morning, and I, once again, got the Blue Screen. I decided to turn it off and then leave it. Now I've come back after school and I'm still getting it. But the thing is, whereas normally the screen explains what the problem was, the one I'm getting doesn't, which is what's confusing me. :confused: Plus it doesn't appear on the screen for very long so I can't read it all.

Now my laptop will only run on Safe Mode. I deleted and un-installed all of my unwanted software and programs, except the ones I really wanted. I practically cleaned up my entire computer, yet I'm still getting the Blue Screen, I just don't know what to do!

I'm writing this from my family's computer.

If anyone could help me then I would be really grateful. :(

tampi
15-06-09, 19:39
The blue screens are not very common in these times.
Blue screen and no message?:confused:

Perhaps Esconder will tell you something better. :)

dox online
15-06-09, 19:50
Take a photo of the BSOD (With a camera) and post it here. What security software are you running? When was your last scan?

EscondeR
15-06-09, 19:54
Boot in Safe mode and run Diagnose.exe (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/download/diagnose.exe) and ARDiag.exe (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/download/ardiag.exe) and post both reports here.

A screenshot/photo of the BSOD screen may be also helpful.

Are you sure it's not overheating or the battery worn out/faulty?