PDA

View Full Version : PS3 to PC.

Peanut
15-06-09, 21:22
Whats the wire that connects The PS3 to the PC so that you can video the gameplay?

Please I wouold love it if someone helped!.

Thanks. :)

SLAYER
15-06-09, 22:34
don't you need a tv tuner \ video capture card first :?

Tony9595
15-06-09, 23:01
↑ Yup, youŽll need that.

The USB ones are pretty cheap, although I donŽt know how much quality they offer.

My PC already had a TV capture card :)

trlestew
16-06-09, 00:15
Dont mean to hi-jack the thead but how do you display the picture on your pc from your ps3s?
(not recording it)

spikejones
16-06-09, 02:08
if you don't want to record and just want to use a standard PC monitor with VGA input, you need to get a converter cable/box to convert whatever output you are using into VGA.

if on the other hand you are set on using a "capture card" (tv tuner), you need to open the application which comes with your tv tuner card - RTFM to learn how to configure it. if you are using a WinTV tuner card, the application which comes with it will produce a 2 second lag which no matter what I have tried cannot be removed - even by using the registry hack mentioned in the manual. Fortunately, someone has created a free application called "VirtualDub (http://www.virtualdub.org/)" (RTFM) that doesn't create a buffer and lets you play in real time. ;)

Tony9595
16-06-09, 04:13
if on the other hand you are set on using a "capture card" (tv tuner), you need to open the application which comes with your tv tuner card - RTFM to learn how to configure it. if you are using a WinTV tuner card, the application which comes with it will produce a 2 second lag which no matter what I have tried cannot be removed - even by using the registry hack mentioned in the manual. Fortunately, someone has created a free application called "VirtualDub (http://www.virtualdub.org/)" (RTFM) that doesn't create a buffer and lets you play in real time. ;)

Ahem... how do you know about that? :mis:

spikejones
16-06-09, 04:23
a birdie told me :p

EscondeR
16-06-09, 06:15
if you don't want to record and just want to use a standard PC monitor with VGA input, you need to get a converter cable/box to convert whatever output you are using into VGA.

Or use direct HDMI connection ;)

spikejones
16-06-09, 19:34
true... if the monitor has that input. mine doesnt - so I go with what I know ;)