PDA

View Full Version : The Football thread

Polak
20-06-09, 20:31
It being probably my number 1 interest I thought I would start a football thread and I am talking about football around the world and not of the American persuation. I know it is a big subject, a lot of football forums tend to have a lot of different area such as International football, European competitions etc but let's try. A bit about me and football, I am Polish as you know so I support Poland at international level and Wisla Krakow the club, as for non Polish clubs my favourite is team is Barcelona, I have liked Barcelona for years and was delighted to see them win the Champions League.

sheepydee
20-06-09, 20:32
omg football is just awful! xD ... people chasing a ball around... that is SO worth riots and people being murdered

SARCASTIC

Polak
20-06-09, 20:45
What do you like, Britney Spears or Lady Gaga? I'm sure I think it is probably a waste of time.

sheepydee
20-06-09, 20:46
What do you like, Britney Spears or Lady Gaga? I'm sure I think it is probably a waste of time.
nope
Emilie Autumn for your information

irjudd
20-06-09, 20:47
So I understand correct that you're talking about this:

http://strengthnspeed.com/images/SoccerPic.jpg
... which I do like,

but not this:
http://www.publicrelations.eku.edu/2002photos/images/football.jpg
... which I do not like?

Polak
20-06-09, 20:48
Anyway this is not a thread to have a go at football, you can do that in the overrated thread. I'm sure if you listed things that you really like I would think a lot of them are a waste of time. Football is the peoples game :D:D

touchthesky
20-06-09, 20:49
Umm I like the men but not the sport.

:D

Love2Raid
20-06-09, 20:49
I like soccer. :)

sheepydee
20-06-09, 20:50
Anyway this is not a thread to have a go at football, you can do that in the overrated thread. I'm sure if you listed things that you really like I would think a lot of them are a waste of time. Football is the peoples game :D:D
only expressing my opinion ;) altho i did used to like football , i used to support Glasgow's Rangers :p The GERZ pmsl

Love2Raid
20-06-09, 20:53
I am not like a 'die-hard' supporter or something, I just think it's fun to watch. Especially World Championships and European Championships. :D

Polak
20-06-09, 20:53
So I understand correct that you're talking about this:

http://strengthnspeed.com/images/SoccerPic.jpg
... which I do like,

but not this:
http://www.publicrelations.eku.edu/2002photos/images/football.jpg
... which I do not like?

Indeed, I do not know of any Barcelona in American Football.

Mr.Burns
20-06-09, 21:09

Don't throw stones at glass houses Polak. You make a thread about anything and you will have your detractors and your optimists. Let people speak their mind.

jamieoliver22
20-06-09, 21:11
I'd rather watch paint dry.

Polak
20-06-09, 21:12
Don't throw stones at glass houses Polak. You make a thread about anything and you will have your detractors and your optimists. Let people speak their mind.

Yeah but I do not go in to the Lady Gaga thread and say I think she is crap, as tempting as it is, this is for people to have a chat about football, why bother being nasty, if you decide to not post in the thread I assume you do not like it, simple.

sheepydee
20-06-09, 21:13
I'd rather watch paint dry.
lmao same here much funner

patriots88888
20-06-09, 21:38
I much prefer the American persuasion! :D Thank you very much! :p

NFL Football Rules! FTW! :tmb:

http://www.wlbz2.com/assetpool/images/0217205548_Patriots%20Logo.jpg

SamReeves
20-06-09, 21:59
American football has cheerleaders. Euros get owned!!! :ton:

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/3717/20461734033c06ec2c11.jpg

Anyway, give me my 49ers! :)

rickybazire
20-06-09, 22:23
Christiano Ronaldo - ****/*****/******/*******/********

(Insert any offensive/obscecne word in the stars).

EscondeR
20-06-09, 22:45
Yeah but I do not go in to the Lady Gaga thread and say I think she is crap, as tempting as it is, this is for people to have a chat about football, why bother being nasty, if you decide to not post in the thread I assume you do not like it, simple.

The same thing can be said about opinions - don't post that you share someone's and everyone get it right, but don't bash as well. Instead of arguing with mods, take a note.

And... personal advice: don't **** off Lord Pigeon ;)

Encore
20-06-09, 22:53
Huh... Yeah, I love football (european one) but I seriously dislike the tone this thread has gone to... Shame something as relaxed and trivial as a sports thread has to turn into this.

:}hello friend
21-06-09, 00:13
Awww.... I don't like football :(...

I liek volleyball :D

Lara's Nemesis
21-06-09, 00:24
I've always found it a bit funny that people despise football so much. It obviously isn't the worst sport in the world. Not even close. I suppose it's worldwide popularity must be one of the reasons.

patriots88888
21-06-09, 00:40
I've always found it a bit funny that people despise football so much. It obviously isn't the worst sport in the world. Not even close. I suppose it's worldwide popularity must be one of the reasons.

Which has always had me wonder, "What is it about the sport that makes it so popular worldwide?"

Hardly any goals are scored (at least not often) and I would think that because of that, it would seem pretty boring to watch. Maybe not so much in person, but on television... ZZZZzzzzzzz!

Anyone care to enlighten me on why you find it so thrilling? Or is it because every nation in the world has a team and because of that, it gives everyone a chance and an outlet to be proud of their country?

Lara's Nemesis
21-06-09, 00:47
[/B]

Which has always had me wonder, "What is it about the sport that makes it so popular worldwide?"

Hardly any goals are scored (at least not often) and I would think that because of that, it would seem pretty boring to watch. Maybe not so much in person, but on television... ZZZZzzzzzzz!

Any care to enlighten me on why you find it so thrilling? Or is it because every nation in the world has a team and because of that, it gives everyone a chance and an outlet to be proud of their country?

Believe you me, I have been to a lot of football games that have been far from thrilling although i have been to games that finished 0 0 that were exciting.

I don't think it will ever become a major sport in USA. Americans can't seem to understand that a game can finish in a draw.

When played at it's best it is a free flowing demonstration of skill. I used to watch American football but I found it too regimental for my taste in the end. Why is it gridiron called football in America anyway? There doesn't seem to be a lot of foot to the ball action going on.:p

patriots88888
21-06-09, 00:56
Believe you me, I have been to a lot of football games that have been far from thrilling although i have been to games that finished 0 0 that were exciting.

I don't think it will ever become a major sport in USA. Americans can't seem to understand that a game can finish in a draw.

When played at it's best it is a free flowing demonstration of skill. I used to watch American football but I found it too regimental for my taste in the end. Why is it gridiron called football in America anyway? There doesn't seem to be a lot of foot to the ball action going on.:p

American Football can finish in a tie score. :p At least during the regular season it can. It doesn't happen very often though. Same with ice hockey. But it's not very popular, so you're probably right about that. ;)

Thanks for the explanation. :) I guess it just boils down to personal preference and taste. ;)

Gladous
21-06-09, 02:29
I actually enjoy playing soccer (football) more than watching it! :D