PDA

View Full Version : progressive scan mode?

michaeldt
21-06-09, 11:07
I was playing TRL on my PS2 today, I went into the menu and saw that there was a progressive scan mode, I tried to turn it on but it said that my Tv is not compatible with it. What does progressive scan do?

TombRaiderCool
21-06-09, 11:29
Itís like a high definition option for the game, have a look here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_scan).
To run it, you'll need a high definition TV as well as component cables for your PS2. :)

Larson_1988
21-06-09, 11:39
It’s like a high definition option for the game, have a look here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_scan).
To run it, you'll need a high definition TV as well as component cables for your PS2. :)

Not necessarily, :) I could run TRL in Progressive scan on my small travelling TV with a Scart cable. It was great. :D it also ran much faster. :tmb:

michaeldt
21-06-09, 11:46
well, I am running the game on a HD monitor, does that count?
and what component cables?

-Chromeo-
22-06-09, 01:52
Does it really improve the graphics that much?
Is it worth the cost of the cables?

Tombraiderx08
22-06-09, 02:06
ive always wondered that, id like to see before and after screens (or vids whatever) cant use it on mine either :(

-Chromeo-
22-06-09, 02:46
Yeah that'd be a good idea except videos on YouTube and most other streaming sites kill the quality as soon as they're uploaded, so I guess you have to be in front of it if you really wanna make a proper comparison.

Tombraiderx08
22-06-09, 02:52
Yeah that'd be a good idea except videos on YouTube and most other streaming sites kill the quality as soon as they're uploaded, so I guess you have to be in front of it if you really wanna make a proper comparison. true that sister, stupid youtube

michaeldt
22-06-09, 08:17
I have just ordered a component cable from E-bay :)
I am looking forward to playing the game in HD! :jmp:

mslivetoGAME
22-07-09, 21:55
meh, i only use my ps3 on my HD tv so....its pointless to me...:p