PDA

View Full Version : Reboot and Select proper boot device

tranniversary119
22-06-09, 19:43
I recently went on a short vacation, and unplugged my PC. Everything was running fine before I went on vacation. But when I came back, and turned it on. I got an error message: "Reboot and select proper boot device and then press a key" I pressed a key+CTRL+ALT+Delete and it does nothing. So I figured, perhaps running the recovery discs would work. That didn't work either. I got a message, "Error 100a please contact HP if this error occurs"<- I did they haven't replied yet. Anybody have any suggestions?

irjudd
22-06-09, 19:48
Open your case and ensure that all connections (specifically the hard drive cable + hard drive power cable) are securely connected.

Enter your BIOS and ensure that the main hard disc is in the boot order, preferably second place (after cdrom drive).

If you need further assistance in those two suggestions, just ask. :)

tranniversary119
22-06-09, 19:49
Open your case and ensure that all connections (specifically the hard drive cable + hard drive power cable) are securely connected.

Enter your BIOS and ensure that the main hard disc is in the boot order, preferably second place (after cdrom drive).

If you need further assistance in those two suggestions, just ask. :)

Going to do that right now, I'll report back :)