PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Flipmap

tomb2player
25-06-09, 18:36
I have funny problem with flipmap :D

I made switch, which dropping water from room and it works, but water texture not disappeared... and it's looking like fake water :)

Seth94
25-06-09, 18:39
You have to open the flipmap and texture the water again for the room below, or use the below room to create the water textures for the upper room which will be the water surface. ;)

1upMushroom
25-06-09, 18:43
You need to make a flipmap of both the water room and the surface room. And they both need to have the same flipmap number. If you have a room emptying, the door will remain textured above if it is not also flipped.

You can only turn opacity off in a flipped room, to have the texture disappear. :D

tomb2player
25-06-09, 19:01
Thanks for fast answers :) :hug:

All works, but i dont know how remove texture... for test i just changed texture , and it works, now i have to remove water texture, but i dont know how :)

New problems:

How i can remove texture from walls, etc. - i must remove water texture in flipped room.

and second question is: How make correctly camera, which after pushing button looking for door. I tried with camera and CAMERA_TARGET ( null mesh ). With camera i cant set looking target and it looked at wall, with CAMERA_TARGET when try to make trigger, it says a error: "cannot overlap a special triggers"

tomb2player
25-06-09, 20:27
pls remove this post, accident...

KurtisandLara
25-06-09, 20:29
Also dont forget the flipeffect, change room type. You can flipeffect to a waterroom or anything really. Look at that its fun :D

1upMushroom
25-06-09, 20:38
Thanks for fast answers :) :hug:

All works, but i dont know how remove texture... for test i just changed texture , and it works, now i have to remove water texture, but i dont know how :)

New problems:

How i can remove texture from walls, etc. - i must remove water texture in flipped room.

and second question is: How make correctly camera, which after pushing button looking for door. I tried with camera and CAMERA_TARGET ( null mesh ). With camera i cant set looking target and it looked at wall, with CAMERA_TARGET when try to make trigger, it says a error: "cannot overlap a special triggers"

You make the water texture appear and disappear using the Toggle Opacity 2 Button.

You have your root rooms, with water in the room below, and water texture appearing in the room above, between the rooms.

Then you have your flipped rooms. In your flipped rooms, you have no water in the room below, and you have clicked the Opacity OFF.

The room where Lara swims, and the room above, where you see the water texture, need to have a flipmap.
They need to have the same flipmap number, so if the room below has the number "1" next to the black F, then the room above also needs to have a "1" next to the black F.

Then when you trigger the flipmap, you click the pink trigger block to see the trigger options, choose Flipmap and type "1" (the number of your flipmap group) in the input space.
I am not sure what it is you are having difficulty with here...
But I hope this helps.

tomb2player
25-06-09, 20:47
I know how make fliproom, i didn't knew how remove texture, now i know - by Toggle Opacity 2 - thanks for answer :)

1upMushroom
25-06-09, 20:49
I know how make fliproom, i didn't knew how remove texture, now i know - by Toggle Opacity 2 - thanks for answer :)

Glad you got it right. :D