PDA

View Full Version : Ipod sync problems

sheepydee
25-06-09, 19:13
Hey

i have an ipod touch and im tryna sync it with a diff computer but it wont let me coz its a different library and i dont want to have to wipe the ipod so it has nothing on it... is it possible to sync it with the new library??

EscondeR
25-06-09, 19:45
Well, AFAIK you need to unregister it from previous copy of iTunes and register with another one.

sheepydee
25-06-09, 19:49
Well, AFAIK you need to unregister it from previous copy of iTunes and register with another one.
uh... how do i do that?? XD

spikejones
25-06-09, 20:37
afaik you get to register the ipod with up to 5 computers at a time :confused:

sheepydee
25-06-09, 21:03
afaik you get to register the ipod with up to 5 computers at a time :confused:
No... i get told i have to like wipe the ipod clean to sync it and this is the 2nd library

spikejones
25-06-09, 21:55
I forget how to do the authorizing thing since I don't own one and I only ever did that one time for someone else. I may be mistaken about the amount of authorizations though, and it may be in reverse actually (ipods per computer rather than computers per ipod). I do know that you can mount the thing as a removable storage device by selecting an option within itunes. perhaps you can click/drag them over to it that way. but if they are DRM protected, your ipod will not acquire the license to play them in this manner. thus I hate ipods.

take a look here:
http://ipod.about.com/od/howtos/ht/authorization.htm

should tell you how to authorize that computer to sync with your ipod.