PDA

View Full Version : 1 Room Challenge Setting Voting

MyRaider4Life
25-06-09, 22:36
Hello all,

Well within the next month Dizzydoll and I will be setting up another 1 Room challenge but we are stuck. We cant decide on a place for the Theme so we said we would leave it to the public to decide. :D

Now the choices are...

Peru
Atlantis
Oriental
Egypt
Young Lara (Location chosen by you)

Now the voting will be simple. :D
Here is an example.

Atlantis - 3
Asia - 2
Peru - 1

Also if you chose something like Atlantis which has no objects that have been updated from the first game, me and Dizzydoll are going to remake them. (well at least try to) :p

Thanks and Enjoy. :)

God Horus
25-06-09, 22:40
I already spoke to MyRaider4Life and I am definitely entering this :tmb: I have a feeling it will be bigger than the last 1 room challenge.

1. Atlantis
2. Young Lara
3. Peru

lol my bad I voted wrong!

3 - Atlantis
2 - Young Lara
1 - Peru

Soul
25-06-09, 22:41
Wow. The easiest might be Peru, as we have a whole Btb08wad+tga to take.
Though Atlantis might be interesting too (if it's not exactly as in TR1 and more like Aniversary)
The Egypt TRA-textures are beautiful, but we allready had this in the first challenge (at least two chose them)
Too bad there's nothing cold ore something like Tinnos in it but for now my votes are:

3 - Peru
2 - Atlantis
1 - Egypt

mudkip25
25-06-09, 22:47
Oriental - 3
Young Lara - 2
Peru - 1

1upMushroom
25-06-09, 23:20
I like oriental, there is quite a lot one can do with oriental design... :D

So that is my first choice.

Young Lara is nice because its different.

And of course, Atlantis is outlandish and awesome.

So.

3. Atlantis.

2. Young Lara

1. Oriental.

Did I do that right? My 3rd choice, 2nd choice, and 1st choice?
Oriental is the one I vote for strongest...

ciccino
26-06-09, 08:37
3.atlantis
2.oriental
1.peru

MrCroftAndre
26-06-09, 10:49
Atlantis - 3 points;
Young Lara - 2 points;
Oriental - 1 point.

This is going to be great! :D

herothing
26-06-09, 11:17
Peru - 3
Young Lara - 2
Oriental - 1

LaraRules81
26-06-09, 11:30
Atlantis 3pts - There isn't many out there
Oriental 2pts - Same as above
Peru 1pt - So Classic TR and really fun

:D

Compass
26-06-09, 11:36
Atlantis - 3
Egypt - 2
Oriental - 1

Tjw croft
26-06-09, 11:39
Well, As I'm a fan of Atlantis...

3 - Atlantis
2 - Egypt
1 - Peru

ggctuk
26-06-09, 12:41
3 - Atlantis
2 - Egypt
1 - Oriental

KurtisandLara
26-06-09, 13:16
3 - Young Lara
2 - Atlantis
1 - oriental

:)

tomblover
26-06-09, 13:25
Young Lara - 3 pts.
Atlantis - 2 pts.
Oriental - 1 pt.

KurtisandLara
26-06-09, 13:41
So far,
Atlantis has 30 PTS.
Young Lara has 16 PTS
Peru has 11 PTS
Egypt has 7 PTS
Oriental has 14 PTS

I have a feeling atlantis might win.

Tombraider95
26-06-09, 14:44
Id like it if it was young lara as it might be a bit tricker! :D

KurtisandLara
26-06-09, 14:46
I agree, I've been waiting for an excuse to use the von croy slot! :yah:
But atlantis is ahead by 14 :(

dizzydoil
26-06-09, 15:04
Young Lara 3
Atlantis 2
Peru 1

:D.

larafan25
26-06-09, 15:20
Atlantis - 3

Young Lara - 2

Peru - 1

I am sooooooooooo winning this next challenge:D

I sooooooooooooooooooooooo want atlantis to win:)

BTW, I retextured a few atlantis objects a while ago and I can submit them to you guys if you would like?:

God Horus
26-06-09, 16:27
I am pretty sure Atlantis will win! I am thinking of ideas for my level...

If it wins I will be using TRX textures since they are gorgeous.

Here are some tips and tricks I used last time in my one room level!

decide very early on if you want to stack the second room ABOVE or BELOW. Light all rooms 32,32,32 and wall off each section so it is easy to light
make sure you are familiar with how many objects you can put in your room! Don't try and over-do it.
If you REALLY need more objects in your room, but you have surpassed the limit, place it in the other room, and move it up or down, so it goes through the ceiling/floor and ends up in the other room. But it will flicker and have weird issues!
Take full advantage of the biggest room you can possibly create! Big does not always mean good, try and inject as much gameplay as you can into it.
Light using 1 sunbulb and 1 lightbulb, I did this in every section of my last level and only used 8 sunbulbs and 8 lightbulbs.

Jeissy
26-06-09, 16:34
Atlantis - 3
Egypt - 2
Peru - 1

Matie
26-06-09, 17:38
3 - Atlantis
2 - Young Lara
1 - Oriental

PullingApart
26-06-09, 17:41
1!orneimental
2.Young Lara
3.Peru

God Horus
26-06-09, 17:48
^ The outfits are chosen by the builders and they can use whatever outfit they want.

nowid50
26-06-09, 18:57
Seems that Atlantis will be used. But I have a question, Atlantis is not a realy place so I mean, do we have to stick with a texture pack or we can use whatever we want ?

MyRaider4Life
26-06-09, 21:52
Actually we are going to be doing it a bit different this time.
We will be doing it like BtB, So we will supply you with the textures and the wad. :D

Peanut
26-06-09, 21:55
Umm...Could I ask, What Do you mean?? Like how 1 room?

MrCroftAndre
26-06-09, 22:13

I think he means Back to Basics. :)

Shauni
26-06-09, 22:52
You will only be able to make your level out of one large "room" in the LE. You can add walls and things to make it seem like different areas, but it must only be one room in the trle map. Hope that makes sense.

3 - Oriental
2 - Atlantis
1 - Peru

God Horus
26-06-09, 23:12
Actually we are going to be doing it a bit different this time.
We will be doing it like BtB, So we will supply you with the textures and the wad. :D

Wow I think that will be a lot easier!

But can we choose our own outfit?

Assassin13
27-06-09, 09:46
This will be interesting :D I may join

3 - Peru
2 - Egypt
1 - Atlantis

BTW:I hope we'll be able to choose our own outfit <3

KurtisandLara
27-06-09, 11:37
I agree choosing our own outfit would be nice :).
Anyways...
Atlantis looks like its still in the lead :o.
Also when does voting end?

larafan25
27-06-09, 15:23
Once you guys have finished remaking objects or whatever...will this competition interfere with the starting of the BTB venice?????

dizzydoil
27-06-09, 16:21
I agree choosing our own outfit would be nice :).
Anyways...
Atlantis looks like its still in the lead :o.
Also when does voting end?
MyRaider4Life said the voting might end after 50 posts - might of been a joke though :p. So, soon maybe. It looks like it'll be Atlantis :D.

Romantics Inc.
27-06-09, 20:27
Atlantis - 3
Egypt - 2
Peru - 1

MyRaider4Life
27-06-09, 22:59
Hey Guys, I am going to cut the voting here because if I leave it any longer then god know what will happen. But yeah I have tallied up the votes and here are the "winners". :p

Atlantis - 47
Young Lara - 23
Peru - 19
Oriental - 18
Egypt - 13

So looks like everyone who enters will be getting a fresh new set of Atlantis objects. :jmp:

Enjoy.

P.S: The actuall competition will probably start somewhere between the last weeks of July or the first few weeks of August. :D

larafan25
27-06-09, 23:04
^thats like exactly when BTB venice starts, I probably won't enter because I plan on winning BTB and taking over the world sooo......

but if you do need anything, I have two atlantis style pillars, a shatter vase, and some wall panels:)

God Horus
27-06-09, 23:19
^ BtB is a very hard competition to win :p Some of the best builders enter and win every year.

So people can choose, if they want to enter BtB or the 1 room challenge or both.

It took me 2 weeks to finish my last 1 room level (with testing and everything). This time I am probably going to finish it in 2 weeks too. (I want to try and make a longer level this time)

larafan25
27-06-09, 23:20
^ya I did set that goal a little bit high:p

but I have MAJOR plans......I will set my goal to come in at least....6th place;)

I can't help but drool whenever I look at the Venice banner....sooooo many ideas....soooooo many beautiful objects:p

mudkip25
28-06-09, 02:04
BTW, can we use my geometry pack?

Romantics Inc.
28-06-09, 02:09
How do we enter??

larafan25
28-06-09, 02:12
^the competition will start around the end of july and begining of august as myraider4life stated earlier:)

Romantics Inc.
28-06-09, 02:13
^the competition will start around the end of july and begining of august as myraider4life stated earlier:)

oh...so we just submit our work then?

larafan25
28-06-09, 02:17
when the competition starts there will be a thread about it, you will just let whoever created the thread(most likely myraider4life) that you are joinging and then get started after you get the WAD and texture set:)

and submit it before the deadline:)

although last time the deadline was held back a bit because very few people had it finished on time:)

Romantics Inc.
28-06-09, 02:18
^AH I seee...:hug:

MyRaider4Life
28-06-09, 08:18
BTW, can we use my geometry pack?

What do you mean? :confused:
Do you want us to include your Geometry Pack in our wad?
If so then, no. We are only going to add what is actually necessary. Also people, most of the objects will be Natlas Mines objects because The Great Pyramid and the last level really dont have anything that we could make into a static. So there will be nearly everything you see in TRA and everything you see in TR1.

@Romantic Inc: You will have to send me your level once you have completed it.

Also we are going to let the public chose there outfit for there level but there will be one standard in the wad. And we are going to be giving people a tga file with textures from all three games. TR1, TRA, Core's TRAE and TRXtra textures. :D
So I can see people are going to have a lot of fun with all of this and also the challenge might be changed to a 2 room challenge (not including the water rooms, so you can still have water rooms in both room 1 and room 2). ;)

I hope this cleared things up. :D

ggctuk
28-06-09, 16:01
I might actually be in this too!

What kind of enemies will we be using? High-res TR1, TRA or the standard TR1 enemies?

KurtisandLara
28-06-09, 16:30
I might join to. I just got a new comp so i can do the TRAOD 2 project on the other comp when i have the most time and work on this when i cant work on TRAOD 2.
:jmp:

just croft
28-06-09, 17:02
This sounds really great!

3 - Oriental
2 - Peru
1 - Atlantis

ggctuk
28-06-09, 17:10
Voting's closed.

larafan25
28-06-09, 17:20
so we are making natla's mines levels???

KurtisandLara
28-06-09, 18:53
Atlantis levels...im guessiing anything to do with Atlantis.

just croft
28-06-09, 19:45
Voting's closed.

Oh I skiped that post, all I could see on page 1 were voting posts. Maybe the results should be put in the first post, it's easier to see.

larafan25
28-06-09, 19:46
well they could use TRA atlantis textures to retexture objects and make them fit the level:)

KurtisandLara
28-06-09, 19:50
I dont know, we'll have to wait and see :tmb:.

just croft
28-06-09, 19:50
well they could use TRA atlantis textures to retexture objects and make them fit the level:)

Funny thing, I was just checking a few from TR:AE (http://www.flickr.com/photos/polygonworlds/page3/). What about a few of those too?

larafan25
28-06-09, 19:58
^you mean anniversary edition textures??

they will probably use some of the lost island ones from those too:)

ggctuk
30-06-09, 11:55
Oh I skiped that post, all I could see on page 1 were voting posts. Maybe the results should be put in the first post, it's easier to see.

Okay, here's the results for you then:

Hey Guys, I am going to cut the voting here because if I leave it any longer then god know what will happen. But yeah I have tallied up the votes and here are the "winners". :p

Atlantis - 47
Young Lara - 23
Peru - 19
Oriental - 18
Egypt - 13

So looks like everyone who enters will be getting a fresh new set of Atlantis objects. :jmp:

Enjoy.

P.S: The actuall competition will probably start somewhere between the last weeks of July or the first few weeks of August. :D

Hey, I'm wondering, what kind of enemies will we be using? High-resolution, or just the TR1 enemies with changed textures?

just croft
30-06-09, 11:59
Okay, here's the results for you then:

Hey, I'm wondering, what kind of enemies will we be using? High-resolution, or just the TR1 enemies with changed textures?

Thanks!

I'm going to change the textures on the Scorpion that came in the original TRLE (the big scorpion) to make it look more fleshy and less egyptian. But I can only do it tonight... as I'm going off to the beach during the afternoon :p... you want it? (It probably won't turn out very good: seeing I've been trying out TRLE for 3 years I'm no longer a newb.... I'm a noob)

ggctuk
30-06-09, 12:51
No, I believe we're being provided with a base WAD like the Back to Basics competition, which means the enemies will be provided too. So I was wondering about high-res TR1 enemies, standard TR1 enemies with enhanced textures, TRA eneimes etc.

mudkip25
30-06-09, 17:18
high res mummies

Kapu
02-07-09, 19:59
I really hate the idea of having to use a premade WAD and TGA. It makes the competition too limited. This is the one room competition. The challenge is to make a good level using only two editor rooms. I think adding a set WAD and TGA takes away too much room for creativity in the level. Set theme, set objects, set textures. I feel like this competition is trying too hard to be the next Back to Basics. Please let us use our own textures, objects, animations, and most importantly creativity. I think this competition could be really fun and a lot better than the last One Room Competition, but I know I won't be participating if premade WADs and TGA are supplied and required.

I have a really good idea for a puzzle that would fit well with the Atlantis theme, but it would require me to make a few custom objects. Can't do that if objects are provided. I suppose I could change it around a bit to make it fit in with my current project, though.

KurtisandLara
02-07-09, 20:31
I really hate the idea of having to use a premade WAD and TGA. It makes the competition too limited. This is the one room competition. The challenge is to make a good level using only two editor rooms. I think adding a set WAD and TGA takes away too much room for creativity in the level. Set theme, set objects, set textures. I feel like this competition is trying too hard to be the next Back to Basics. Please let us use our own textures, objects, animations, and most importantly creativity. I think this competition could be really fun and a lot better than the last One Room Competition, but I know I won't be participating if premade WADs and TGA are supplied and required.

I have a really good idea for a puzzle that would fit well with the Atlantis theme, but it would require me to make a few custom objects. Can't do that if objects are provided. I suppose I could change it around a bit to make it fit in with my current project, though.

Good idea but you also have to think about the people who can't build their own objects and textures but like to build.
Why not do this...
Let people use there own wads and tgas if they want but still send your wads and tgas to the people who dont want to use their own objects.

dizzydoil
02-07-09, 20:33
^ I'd rather stick to one or the other. If people can't make up their own wads & textures (don't really need to make their own objects) - should they really be in the competition? I'm not saying that only people who can find wads & textures should be allowed to join - but it's a basic essential. I agree with Kapu anyway. I have came to my own conclusion on the matter - and I'll have a talk to MyRaider4Life later in the day - if not tomorrow. I think it would be easier and perhaps give a better variety of gameplay and levels :tmb:.

Oh, and I'd love to hear of this puzzle you have your eye on Kapu.

just croft
02-07-09, 21:34

Much on the contrary, haveing these limitations makes it a more interesting competition.

Assassin13
02-07-09, 22:42

Seconded ^^

KurtisandLara
03-07-09, 03:35
Being able to make your own objects and textures is just a talent. It is in no way a necessity.

Kapu
03-07-09, 12:43
I agree with Kapu anyway. I have came to my own conclusion on the matter - and I'll have a talk to MyRaider4Life later in the day - if not tomorrow. I think it would be easier and perhaps give a better variety of gameplay and levels :tmb:.

Great! Glad you agree with me. :D

Much on the contrary, haveing these limitations makes it a more interesting competition.

Ture, but that makes two huge limitations, which I think would take away too much from the gameplay.

MyRaider4Life
03-07-09, 12:50
Lets clear things up again shall we. :p

Well I am going to supply people with a wad filled with animating objects, statics and puzzles (And of course the Lara).
These will be standard and people can change the puzzles and add more statics and even change the Lara model, the wad is just there to make it quicker for people. Also the textures will be a variety of Atlantis textures from TRXtra, TRAE (Core), TRA and TR1. :D

If there is anything people are still unsure about then we feel free to PM me personally and then I will explain it on here. :)

Mystery-King
01-09-09, 17:03
Whats become of this? I want to have a go.

mudkip25
01-09-09, 17:39
Whats become of this? I want to have a go.

um, Mystery-King, you just bumped a thread :o you aren't supposed to do that...

Mystery-King
01-09-09, 17:45

Sorry, I didn't mean to. :o

LaraRules81
01-09-09, 18:02

It's been two months since the last post, he should be okay ;)

mudkip25
01-09-09, 18:06
It's been two months since the last post, he should be okay ;)

oh, I though it was three, I just have bad jetlag from my recent trip to China which i loved so Im a bit tired.

MyRaider4Life
02-09-09, 06:24
Sorry guys, I never thought it would take this long. :o
There are still some objects to make but if anybody would like to help they are more than welcome, you just have to know how to use Meta well. :)

Laras Boyfr.
02-09-09, 13:58
Atlantis-3
Oriental-2
Egypt-1

Assassin13
02-09-09, 14:55
Atlantis-3
Oriental-2
Egypt-1

:vlol: The voting came to an end a BIG while ago :D

Jeissy
02-09-09, 14:57
:vlol: The voting came to an end a BIG while ago :D

Did it? Ooh, I didn't know that... but with all this delaying it won't be bad to allow voting again. But that's just my opinion.