PDA

View Full Version : Are any of thses possible??

sheepydee
28-06-09, 19:10
a friend and i are thinking of a project but we arent going to start it unless these could be possible or any other suitable alternatives we could do...
here goes :p

1. is it possible to have an enemy follow the character through to other rooms and such

2.can the character have "hiding" places to get away instead of like fighting
(OR could the character simply evade the enemy and the enemy dissapears till later)

3.i know an enemy's health can be changed to unlimited and such but is tehre a TREP thats compatible with TRNG??

4. can the enemy be triggered after a certain event for example .. pressing a button then the enemy appears...

if they cant be done is there any other similar alternative??

thanx in advance :D

KurtisandLara
28-06-09, 19:32
There is an old version of TRNG thats compatible with TREp although i forgot the version...
Thats all i know there...sorry.

larafan25
28-06-09, 19:37
I think you can get an enemy to follow the character....not sure about throguh different rooms because they don't usually follow that far....

enemies can't get the player when they are in a boxed off area(select and area and hit the grey square to box it:)

sheepydee
28-06-09, 19:39
OH and one more thing... would it be able to like swap animations over so the default is WALK and you press SHIFT (as appose to walk) to run??

KurtisandLara
28-06-09, 19:48
yes...But it will take awhile to explain...Uhm sry i can't be of help there but maybe someone else has enough time to explain.

larafan25
28-06-09, 19:59
go in animation editor and replace the walk animation with the run animation and vis versa...:)

that should work:)

sheepydee
28-06-09, 20:05
go in animation editor and replace the walk animation with the run animation and vis versa...:)

that should work:)
yay thx :D

any ideas bout the others??

larafan25
28-06-09, 20:06
well what do you mean for making an enemy appear after a sequence????

stranger1992
28-06-09, 20:08
a friend and i are thinking of a project but we arent going to start it unless these could be possible or any other suitable alternatives we could do...
here goes :p

1. is it possible to have an enemy follow the character through to other rooms and such

(OR could the character simply evade the enemy and the enemy dissapears till later)

3.i know an enemy's health can be changed to unlimited and such but is tehre a TREP thats compatible with TRNG??

4. can the enemy be triggered after a certain event for example .. pressing a button then the enemy appears...

if they cant be done is there any other similar alternative??

thanx in advance :D

1) Yes.
2) Yes, but its not entirely what you want. You could have the enemy triggered then it runs off :)
3) You can change the enemys health in TRNG :) As well as other stuff like making it explode when it dies.
4) Yes. TRNG can do this easily.

:)

larafan25
28-06-09, 20:10
what type of game are you planning???

shooter

RPG

horror?:)

sheepydee
28-06-09, 20:17
what type of game are you planning???

shooter

RPG

horror?:)
Horror :p

@ stranger1992 : THX :D but how ?XD

larafan25
28-06-09, 20:23
I had this idea once for making a meele weapon for a sort of horror style game:)

if someone took the crobar(or whatever) and put it in one of the weapons slots and changed lara's animation to that of a hitting animation...then change the distance that the weapon can fire at.....or the distance that she will aim at the target:)

1upMushroom
28-06-09, 22:21
I think you can with AI settings. (I think you can...)
The enemy only follows Lara a certain distance through its natural behaviour, but I believe you can place triggers at certain points to implement an AI instruction to come to the room. Then the enemy will not really be following Lara, but rather going to AI points.
I don't have too much experience working with AI triggers myself, I've only done very basic things... so I cannot quite advise you how, but there are tutorials available online regarding the possibilities of enemy AI settings.

I presume you mean Lara's hiding place? Yes. There are two types of squares that block the passage of an enemy. The first is the gray block. (The little grey button that is in the column with wall, monkeyswing and death.)
The gray block only stops ground units, not flying ones.
However, NO enemy can cross a sliding-slope (A slope that Lara cannot stand on.)
So you can have a hiding place for Lara on the other side of a steep slope, if they are airborne.

If the enemy needs a hiding place, you can place a trigger for an AI event, where the enemy flees to an assigned destination point.
If you want an enemy to disappear entirely, you can anitrigger them, then trigger an identical enemy in the next place you want them to appear.
(That is a good idea for character baddies, like Pierre du Pont in TR1, who kept appearing and reappearing throughout the Greek levels.)

The early and buggy version of TRNG is, but that is not the version you want to use. :D
Most of what you can do in TREP you can do with TRNG, if you know how. You don't need TREP to change the attributes of enemies.
Again I would refer you to online tutorials.

Yes. The enemy can be triggered instantly as soon as she flips the switch; or you can delay the event by using an organizer trigger, or using a hidden rolling ball, to trigger his appearance.

There should be tutorials on tombraiderforums.com for all of these things; while there is a great deal of information on there, there is a tutorials index, so you should find what you are looking for. :D
Also, consult the Next Gen LE manual on skribblerz.com. to get to know the editor a bit better.

sheepydee
29-06-09, 17:23
^ :D :D thank you