PDA

View Full Version : Limits in RE

tomb2player
29-06-09, 14:08
Hi everyone,

I have some questions about limits:

1.How many is room limit in one level?

2.How to make spikes, but not moving - static.

3. Is there any object limit in level? If yes, how many? ( i downloaded path something like... " 6000 objects limit" ) - its it? ( before pathed it was 2000 ),
But in room edit i have under 3d window information " Objects: 36 of 256 ". Please explain me it

KurtisandLara
29-06-09, 14:09
You've already asked that in the open TRLE chat.
Please be patient and wait for a reply.

tomb2player
29-06-09, 14:16
yes, but nobody answered me, than i though ill make separate threat about this... ok sorry, ill never do it again :(

Piega
29-06-09, 14:28
1 Depends on how big the rooms are. You can have 255 one square rooms but not 18x18 sized rooms. With several sizes you can go about 125 rooms max with lighting. Many lightbulbs and partial placed textures also limit your level size.

2. For static spikes you must check the manual for an OCB value. I dont know out of my head but maybe some other knows.

3. Animating objects are enemies, animating objects, puzzle items, ammo, traps. This limit is about 240 as slots has to be free to work in game. So you cannot place exactly 256 objects. I believe you can place more in NGLE but this I do not know.

The 6000 limit counts for static objects like plants, furniture.

Kevin
29-06-09, 15:26
Static Spikes is
4 (from floor) + 16 (Stay once they are triggered)= ocb 20

tomb2player
29-06-09, 15:36
Ok, i decided to change my roomedit to NG_roomedit, and i have one question: When i used old winroomedit i used TREP to modificate Tomb4.exe. In NGLE i have new Tomb4.exe. And question is: Can i too modificate it by TREP, or its unnecesary?

Zebra
29-06-09, 15:37
Ok, i decided to change my roomedit to NG_roomedit, and i have one question: When i used old winroomedit i used TREP to modificate Tomb4.exe. In NGLE i have new Tomb4.exe. And question is: Can i too modificate it by TREP, or its unnecesary?

The new NGLE with the new tomb4.exe can't be patched with TREP but it already has lots of TREP's functions built-in.

1upMushroom
29-06-09, 15:38

No you can't. It is mostly unnecessary anyway, as most of what you can do with TREP you can do with TRNG. Some things you can't though.

Edit:
Three posts ontop of each other!

KurtisandLara
29-06-09, 15:39
If your asking if you can still use TREP then no.
TREP and TRNG dont work together, To change something with TRNG you use script command, In example...

Puzzle= 1, Anaxia Pendant, $0000,$0400,$0000,$0000,$0000,$0002

Thats from a puzzle peice from an upcoming game im working on.

EDIT: wow you people post fast...or i type slow...

tomb2player
29-06-09, 16:00
Hm... next question: where i can change options from TREP? for example - drawing distance limit, dissaperrance enemy bodies, etc??

KurtisandLara
29-06-09, 16:05
In trng?
Well you can set the view distance by a flipeffect.

Titak
29-06-09, 16:08
Hm... next question: where i can change options from TREP? for example - drawing distance limit, dissaperrance enemy bodies, etc??In TREP you can set view distance settings on the main TREP window. These settings will then apply to all the levels in your levelset.
If you want to set different view distance and fog and whatever settings for each level, you'll have to script it with the eSSe add-on stuff. ;)

Tomb_Builder
29-06-09, 16:09
It's all set using the new scripting commands

tomb2player
29-06-09, 16:16
Titak, but i cant use trep in NGLE tomb4.exe engine... ( i read it from posts above )... I tested my level and enemies dissapearing after killing and with trep i can fix it.

tomb2player
29-06-09, 16:41
Anybody know how to change drawing distance limit and how turn off enemy's body disapperance?

Titak
29-06-09, 16:59
Okay, I'm a bit confused now bacause there's talk about both TREP and TRNG in this thread.
Which are you using exactly?

tomb2player
29-06-09, 17:11
Ok, easy question: Better is: NGLE or standard LE+Trep? I dont know what choose... :(

And i asked, is there any way to turn off enemy body disapperance in NGLE? In TREP it is allowed, but i dont know how is with NGLE...

I have in NGLE WadMerger Extra slots. What i can do with it? Can i make for example " second sas slot " for it? :)

Titak
29-06-09, 17:50
NGLE is just the updated version of the LE.
An older version of the NGLE is compatible with TREP because it does not use the new tomb4.exe.
TRNG does use a new tomb4.exe, and yet another updated version of the NGLE, so it is not compatible with TREP.

Since I've already made a levelset with TREP, I'm using TRNG now because it allows for a lot more new stuff than TREP does.
A lot of people think TRNG is much more difficutl to use than TREP, but it is okay with me. You just need more time to figure it all out and it is best to do that step by step. (Well, I don't know if it is best for all, but that's how it best works for me.)

with TRNG:
Keep dead enemies visible
Yes, you can make enemies stay visible after dying.
Enter the following line in the [Title] section of the script:
Customize= CUST_KEEP_DEAD_ENEMIES, ENABLED

You have to use NG_Center to edit and compile the script if you are going to use TRNG!!!!

Viewdistance
The viewdistance and fog distance can also be changed in TRNG and it can be made level specific. So you can use a very far viewdistance without fog in one level and dense fog in the next.
It is set in the script with the WorldFarView= command in the [Options] section of the script and the LevelFarView=, FogRange= and Fog= commands in the [Level] sections of the script.

Extra slots in WADMerger
The extra slots in WADMerger can be filled with extra static slots and/or extra animating slots. They can't be used to make an extra SAS slot or new Baddy slot or something like that.

benjamin_2010
29-06-09, 17:51
I think that you can use NGLE and TREP as long as you choose not to use the new TR4 engine. The engine was created to use certain functions of NGLE like scripting, cold weather, etc, so if you don't use those new functions, you can still use NGLE.

See what I'm saying? You can still use 128x128 resolution textures, you can use the updated shape tools, like "random smooth floor up", and other little benefits of using the updated room editor.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have continued to use NGLE and TREP as new versions of both come along and I haven't experienced any problems so far.

(edit)
Titak explained it better than me I think.

Titak
29-06-09, 17:53
I think that you can use NGLE and TREP as long as you choose not to use the new TR4 engine. The engine was created to use certain functions of NGLE like scripting, cold weather, etc, so if you don't use those new functions, you can still use NGLE.

See what I'm saying? You can still use 128x128 resolution textures, you can use the updated shape tools, like "random smooth floor up", and other little benefits of using the updated room editor.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have continued to use NGLE and TREP as new versions of both come along and I haven't experienced any problems so far.That's what I said. ;)

benjamin_2010
29-06-09, 17:55
I didn't know you had posted when I made my post. Sorry! :)

Titak
29-06-09, 17:58
:vlol:

And sorry for me not noticing the almost same time of posting. :o
Ah well, that's forum life for ya. :D

tomb2player
29-06-09, 18:05
Ok, i know anything.

Last question: When i finish my level, can i just remove all useless file like editor files, other wads, etc. And stay untouched only game files, script files and wad/was/tom etc. / sounds / audio ? Im asking, because im thinking to make " Level Pack " by this way. Later people will ( or will not i dont know :ton: ) download pack with contents of game and play. It's good idea?
Im thinking about it, because i have too enough changes in my level ( own soundtracks, soundsamples, script, background, etc. ) and it will cause problems when people will start install level by classic metod ( files repleacing i think ). Or is any better idea ??

tomb2player
29-06-09, 18:14
Im thinking about using NGLE because in standard LE i have small object limit in level, ill show it on a picture: http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/9210/51046256.jpg (http://img268.imageshack.us/i/51046256.jpg/)

And thats all why i want use this NGLE. Or maybe it doesn't matter?

Raymond
29-06-09, 18:25
Do you read the answers here? By any means you shouldnīt use the old standard LE, which is simply outdated. You can use NGLE up to version 1.9.0.13 (which is downloadable from skribblerz for istance) or you use a recent version of NGLE, which is connected to a new game engine called TRNG (the most recent is 1.2.0.9, download also on Skribblerz). NGLE 1.9.0.13 works together with TREP, the later version donīt do it. The decisision, what to use, depends a bit on your level and your preferences. You should study TREP and TRNG a bit for your decision. Skribblerz has also he most tutorials for TRNG and you should look also to Paolones (the creator of the NGLE and TRNG) website for tutorial projects. TREP has a website with a user guide.

Titak
29-06-09, 18:43
@ tomb2player:
Please do not double post.
You can use the EDIT button if you want to add something to your post.
Instead of making a new one.

I wouldn't delete the other wads if I were you, just so you can copy objects from other wads if you want to. ;)

tomb2player
29-06-09, 18:49
Ok, thanks for replyes, topic can be closed.