PDA

View Full Version : Wadmerger question

KIKO
29-06-09, 19:39
Hi, I'm currently learning to build my wad and I wanted to know this:
I copy for example SMALLMEDI_ITEM into the SMALLMEDI_ITEM SLOT, then I try to copy another object into the Smallmedi slot and it asks If I want to replace.

However with ANIMATING1 or PLANT1, for example, it lets me add various objects in this slot and it doesn't seem to replace it but I'm afraid that I might mess up with something in the ANIMATING1 slot :o

Is there any risk of messing it up, should I change for the next number If I want to add more animating stuff ? Or it is fine this way ?

KurtisandLara
29-06-09, 19:42
The smellmedi slots only have 1, and bigmedi slots only have 1 slot meaning you can only have 1.
Animating, Plants and furniture or archetecture have more then one meaning you can insert more then 1.

1upMushroom
29-06-09, 19:46
Hi, I'm currently learning to build my wad and I wanted to know this:
I copy for example SMALLMEDI_ITEM into the SMALLMEDI_ITEM SLOT, then I try to copy another object into the Smallmedi slot and it asks If I want to replace.

However with ANIMATING1 or PLANT1, for example, it lets me add various objects in this slot and it doesn't seem to replace it but I'm afraid that I might mess up with something in the ANIMATING1 slot :o

Is there any risk of messing it up, should I change for the next number If I want to add more animating stuff ? Or it is fine this way ?

The program will auomatically assign the next number to the animating, plant or furniture item.

KIKO
29-06-09, 19:53
The program will auomatically assign the next number to the animating, plant or furniture item.

He is doing it like this:

PLANT0
PLANT1
PLANT1
PLANT2
PLANT3

If that is correct, Ok I'll proceed then :)

Titak
29-06-09, 20:09
^
That is correct.

KIKO
29-06-09, 20:14
OK then :) thank you all :D

Kevin
29-06-09, 21:14
It is not correct.
You can't have 2x Plant1.
If this happens you have to select one Plant1 and click RENAME. Rename it to any other slot that is free.

KIKO
29-06-09, 21:51
It is not correct.
You can't have 2x Plant1.
If this happens you have to select one Plant1 and click RENAME. Rename it to any other slot that is free.

It's already solved anyway, I had to do it again 'cause the laptop decided to shut down :o And I'm already running out of slots :p I just hope it doesn't crash :ton:

Kevin
30-06-09, 06:57
If you are running out of slots download the latest Wadmerger version, there you have 99 extra slots.

When you use one slot twice it won't crash but one object won't be displayed ingame. ;)