PDA

View Full Version : Tenderfoot project

Titak
30-06-09, 16:29
Hi :wve:

A long time ago Uvavoo had the idea of setting up a project for newbies.
The idea was that the newbies could make a level under the supervision of more experienced builders and then the whole set of newbie levels would be released as one levelset. Kinda like the Baptism of Fire project over at Skribblerz.
The name of this project was Tenderfoot.

Well, since Uvavoo unfortunately seemed to have disappeared the project went almost dead. Which makes me sad really, because newbies should have a fair chance at making a good debut level.

So, here's the new Tenderfoot idea.
Anybody who is working on his/her first level and would like a more quiet place to show screenshots of WIPs and to ask for help can sign in for this project.

You will build your own level based on your own ideas.
The levels won't be released as one levelset so
there will be no deadline.
This also means you can enter whenever you want

In the Tenderfoot section you can then make a thread about your project in which you can show screenshots. They can be unfinished so you can get feedback from the beginning of building.
The Tenderfoot section can also be used to get more ideas for the looks and gameplay of your level, as well as for asking "newbie" questions. (Questions about more advanced stuff are also allowed ofcourse. :D)

You can use whatever editor you want although I don't think there will be many people who can help with the unofficial editor. ;)

This is only for those who have not yet managed, for one reason or another, to release a level and would like to do so with the guidance of more experienced builders in a quiet and small private forum.

What do you think of this new setup?

Whoever wants to give it a try may PM me, so I can give you the password for the Tenderfoot forum. :D

jeffrey van oort
30-06-09, 16:37
I'm still part of the tenderfoot project ain't I?
I haven't exactly been showing new things but I am still working on it. It is just that school is the first priority.

Munin Raven
30-06-09, 16:50
Hmm... this proposition may have come along at a most opportune moment indeed. :)

dizzydoil
30-06-09, 16:53
I love the idea - and I might use it :p.

LaraRules81
30-06-09, 16:54
This is a really good idea, thanks Titak :hug:

mudkip25
30-06-09, 16:55
Well, I'm not a newbie but my debut level would be AOD2 if I dont, can I still do this then?

Zebra
30-06-09, 17:04
I think I might actually use this! I've just started building again and could probably need some help and feedback. I'll PM you once I've advanced a little bit (because right now I don't really have much to show :p).

MrCroftAndre
30-06-09, 17:08
This is an awesome idea. I might enter. :D

stranger1992
30-06-09, 17:11
I'll gladly asssist the builders'. I was staff for the Bof projects :)

ajewers
30-06-09, 17:17
Wicked Idea, just PM'ed you ;)
Thankyouuuuu :)

Phys
30-06-09, 17:20
Excellent idea Titia! I'd like to include my debut project, Persistence of Vision if thats ok :) It would use some good direction and guidance.

larafan25
30-06-09, 17:43
so can we make a nice short level so we can get help and advice for it?:)

sounds nice:)

Munin Raven
30-06-09, 18:21
Question: Will those who participate (by that I mean the noob builders - not the pro helpers) be able to help and comment on each others work like in the regular forum?

I'm almost completely in the dark when it comes to the technical set up (which is why I'm interested in this venture) but I think I have a fairly decent level of experience through my interest in art and design when it comes to things like aesthetics and visual style - architecture, mood, texture, lighting, space etc... If I am to receive help on areas I have trouble with, then I would like to be able to give something back to the project by giving advice on areas I feel comfortable and have experience in.

Tjw croft
30-06-09, 18:26
I'm interested because I'd like to show peole some of my work, but I need a little hand on some of the glitches with the system, along with just advice.

Titak
30-06-09, 20:53
I'll gladly asssist the builders'. I was staff for the Bof projects :)You're hired.
Since you were part of the original project, you should still be able to get into the forum.
I'll put down your name as "advisor". :D

@ the ones who have send me a PM:
I've replied you and I gave you the password.

Titak
30-06-09, 20:58
Excellent idea Titia! I'd like to include my debut project, Persistence of Vision if thats ok :) It would use some good direction and guidance.No problem. Just send me a PM and I'll give you teh password. :D

Well, I'm not a newbie but my debut level would be AOD2 if I dont, can I still do this then? Sure. :D

I think I might actually use this! I've just started building again and could probably need some help and feedback. I'll PM you once I've advanced a little bit (because right now I don't really have much to show ). Just send me a PM whenever you are ready for it. :D

Question: Will those who participate (by that I mean the noob builders - not the pro helpers) be able to help and comment on each others work like in the regular forum?Yes. :D

Shauni
30-06-09, 21:07
May I help? I can just give a few tips here and there if anyone needs it. <3 :)

stranger1992
30-06-09, 21:11
hehe i was still amazed i knew the password lol.

thecentaur
30-06-09, 21:17
Can I be part of the staff too? (I surprisingly still know the password... lol)

Titak
30-06-09, 21:40
@ Shauni and thecentaur:
Sure!

If you don't have the password or if you have forgotten it: just PM me. :D

Tomb_Builder
30-06-09, 21:57
Room for one more? I was also one of the BoF technical team.

God Horus
30-06-09, 22:36
The Tenderfoot project was coming along nicely last year.

Me and Christi even built a level together for it but ever since she left, our level fell apart.

I would probably enter but I already released a levelset and a few other "small" levels. And I'm not really a newbie either. But I can definitely help people with the editor! :D

Peanut
01-07-09, 00:13
May I join please? I'm not really a newbie but I just started September. So please could you PM me the password?

Mytly
01-07-09, 19:14
Titak, this is a great idea. :tmb:

I think I'd like to join too - I have been trying to build my first level for several weeks, but I keep running into all sorts of problems, ranging from weird bugs to plain old lack of inspiration. :o I don't have anything built yet that I would like to show off in the public forum - but I might not be too embarrassed in a private one. ;)

I won't need the password, I already have access. :)

just croft
01-07-09, 19:18
Well, some may be quite tired of my delays in my levels but I have not given up on them. I surely will have some more doubts that will need to be clarified. If I'm still welcome I would like to continue to be a part of the Tenderfoot project.

ps - I still know the password for both forums ;)

Edit: no need to unclose my threads. I'll make a new one with a better structured first post ;)

MrCroftAndre
01-07-09, 19:22
I'd like to join in. :)

I started level building in May and I'm still building the tutorial level (school comes first) and I would like to show you my progress.

Titak
02-07-09, 10:00
Again, people, please send me a PM if you want to join!
Sending me the PM will make your application official.

@ Peanut:
Since you haven't released a level yet, I'm considering you to be a newbie.
Please send me a PM if you really want to join.

@ Mytly:
I've added you to the list of participants. :D

@ just croft:
Welcome back. :D

The list of participants so far.
Please check if your name has been added or not.
I've only added the names of those who have send me their "application PM".
Advisory staff

Titak
Stranger1992
Shauni
thecentaur

Builders

Juanchi
ajewers
Munin Raven
Tjw croft
mudkip25
Phys
dizzydoil
badboy70
Mytly
just croft

MyRaider4Life
02-07-09, 10:41
Could my level set Return to Peru to the list?
Thanks. :D