PDA

View Full Version : Where can I download neon god?

Compass
02-07-09, 13:31
When I go to trle the neon god download link sends me to Horus website but when I want to download it ther I go back to the trle site so ther isn't any zip file I can find :(

TRF
02-07-09, 13:32
Hmm, weird...
I get the same

ShadyCroft
02-07-09, 13:32
All of Horus' levels have been removed from the net by her request. :)

Compass
02-07-09, 13:34
All of Horus' levels have been removed from the net by her request. :)

So that means that I can't play it anymore :(

There you go... (http://trle.net/sc/levelfeatures.php?lid=1565)

Like I said when I click download I'm being sended back to Horus site...

TRF
02-07-09, 13:34
Compass: I'm sorry, I did the same mistake.
I just copied the link from trle.net

Shady: Why???
She was so good at her levels !!

matrix54
02-07-09, 13:37
@trf: she doesn't like people stealing from her levels. she even showing off a level on her site that she's not releasing :rolleyes: she mind as well stop building...:ton: but that game she's not releasing looks amazing!! as well as neon god, but its hard as hell!!

ShadyCroft
02-07-09, 13:37
Patrick, I'll just copy and paste my answer from a recent thread about this at trle.net

"As you know am sure, Nadine (a.k.a Horus) is passionate about designing things (well duh! seeing as she's a graphic designer :) ). When she built her levels, she always created most things, textures and objects, from scratch.
She always included a note saying if you wish to use and of these objects, you have to ask her permission and credit her for her work.

Unfortunately, as in everywhere, there are always those who do not follow what's written. A number of people (I do not know who) ripped her objects from her levels, modified them and put them in their levels without permission and without crediting her.
Moreover, when she confronted them, she got some nasty replies.

Some people wouldn't really care, but Nadine does (as I said...passionate about her work :wink: ), and she so she asked for the removal of her levels off the net and wont publicly release her new levels so as to stop folks from stealing her work. :)

Her choice, her call...you cannot say no even if you disagree with her (I'm only adding this because we've had a topic like that and I remember some replies weren't very nice about her decision saying she's overreacting or something)."

@trf: she doesn't like people stealing from her levels. she even showing off a level on her site that she's not releasing she mind as well stop building... but that game she's not releasing looks amazing!! as well as neon god, but its hard as hell!!

That's the thing you don't get. Nadine builds for her pleasure. She builds because she enjoys it and she will release FotCII only to her close friends and people she really knows on the forum.

I'm sorry, but your post is exactly like the ones I was talking about. That's her decision and that's how she feels. Its not polite to say things like "Showing off" and "might as well quits building".

TRF
02-07-09, 13:38
Well, that explains alot...
To bad she doesn't releasing them anymore..;

They look awesome and are all VERY good...
I think it's a shame that people are stealing her things...

EDIT: FotC II LOOKS AMAZING...
I so wanna play that game...

unfortunately that will never happen...

ShadyCroft
02-07-09, 13:42
Oh yes, FotCII does look amazing !! I just saw the new screenshots and I absolutely love the one on a ship.

We haven't had many ships-themed levels in LE.

Compass
02-07-09, 13:42
:( so I can't play it anymore :(

Does anyone still has the zip file with the level?
could someone upload it and send me the link with a PM ?

TRF
02-07-09, 13:44
I wish i did, but i always deleted the played levels....
Sorry...

Good luck with the search...

matrix54
02-07-09, 13:44
thats why i learned how to make things like textures and objects, animations, etc. i stole from her once and she lliterally ripped my head off, but i did credit her (and didn't ask), but i wasn't rude. she did have the right to though...i, personally, dont blame her. but everyone rip from the old game. she had the tr2 mp5 in neon god... that alone make her somewhat of a hypocrite, but i can still see where she's coming from. i agree with her, just no 100%

tomblover
02-07-09, 13:51
And so I never got the chance to play FotC... :(

On an old playthrough I got to the second level... :vlol: I wanted to play more. :(

Compass
02-07-09, 13:51
hmmm I really want to play this game again :(

Jeissy
02-07-09, 14:15
I'm wondering... isn't there a possibility to encript the wad of the level? As I remember, Titia said she did so to her HM levels. Can't Nadine do that as well? :(

Tomb_Builder
02-07-09, 14:44
I'm wondering... isn't there a possibility to encript the wad of the level? As I remember, Titia said she did so to her HM levels. Can't Nadine do that as well? :(

Yes that can be done with the Tom2PC program supplied with TRNG and maybe NGLE as well, I downloaded all of Nadine's levels when I first saw she was asking for the downloads to be removed. :)

snork
02-07-09, 15:14
At trle.net Horus posted from the mail she had sent to levelhosters.
I would like to ask you to delete some of my custom levels from your listing as I no longer wish to have them available on the internet.
The reason for this is that I used to include textures and soundtracks from other games or movies in my custom levels. At the time when I made those custom levels I did not take copyrights that seriously which led me into ignoring these rights. Now, however, I know that I should not have done this and therefore I wish to undo this wrongdoing that might some day get me into trouble. I know I am overly precautious but I simply don't want these levels to be available for download any longer.

Horus is going to work in design business herself, maybe that makes it understandable that she is so concerned about this.

r1d1
06-11-10, 06:58
Mod edit: links removed

Ward Dragon
06-11-10, 07:39
The creator of the level has asked for the level not to be hosted anywhere, so out of respect to her we don't allow anyone to post links to her level.

We also don't allow people to create alternate accounts.