PDA

View Full Version : Trapdoor as a trap.

Primordial
05-07-09, 14:01
I want to use trapdoor as a trap, like a floor on which you stand and then it collapses in the room below. I placed a trigger under trapdoor, but when lara stands on it nothing happens. Trapdoor stands still like a floor. First I tried using a Pad Trigger, but when that didn't work I tried uising usual trigger. Both didn't work. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong and what to do to get what I want?

Tombraider95
05-07-09, 14:12
Click on The trapdoor and then the floor below and set it as a dummy trigger! Then Trigger the trapdoor on the same part.

Primordial
05-07-09, 14:19
It still doesn't open when I put dummy trigger under. But I think dummy trigger is not necessary because lara can stand on the trapdors with no problems. only problem is that trapdoor should open when she stands on it, and it doesn't.

Kevin
05-07-09, 14:21
Indeed, there is no dummy trigger needed.
The problem is you must not place a trigger on a door connection. You have to place the trigger in the room below on the correct square.

Primordial
05-07-09, 14:29
Indeed, there is no dummy trigger needed.
The problem is you must not place a trigger on a door connection. You have to place the trigger in the room below on the correct square.

I did place trigger on the square under the trapdoor, not on the door conection. If I would put a trigger on a door connection game would crash, I think. I made two rooms, then put trapdoor in a lower room, than raised it to the top. then I made trigger for it in the room under. maybe the problem is that I should put tapdoor in upper room, and then trigger it in the lower room.

Primordial
05-07-09, 14:32
i did that, and still nothing, trapdoor still acts like BRIDGE_FLAT, or something.

Primordial
05-07-09, 14:52
i placed trigger for the trapdoor on the celing above, now the door opens when i stand on it, but also if i jump over it, what i don't like, i would like that it works like a pad...

Kevin
05-07-09, 15:02
Use a Pad Trigger. Good that it is working now. :)

TRF
05-07-09, 15:25
No, you need to place the Trapdoor on the upper room.
Say you have a room like this:

You need to place the trapdoor in room 1
And place the trigger in room 2: right underneath the trapdoor.

Primordial
05-07-09, 15:56
No, you need to place the Trapdoor on the upper room.
Say you have a room like this:

You need to place the trapdoor in room 1
And place the trigger in room 2: right underneath the trapdoor.

not really, that didn't work for me. when I did it that way trapdoor didn't open. I placed trapdors in upper room and triggered it on the celling of that room with pad trigger. and now it works exactly as it should.

Primordial
05-07-09, 15:57
but thank you all for helping me with this problem. :)