PDA

View Full Version : Quest Item Tilt/Rotation

Seth94
06-07-09, 21:07
Hello everyone, :wve:

Is it possible to be able to rotate the look of a quest item in the inventory? Because my sacred emerald item is on it's side and I want it to be seen standing upright.

If so, how do you do this? :)

Thanks,

Seth94

aktrekker
06-07-09, 22:23
http://www.trsearch.org/Tutorial.php?action=gettut&id=6

See the section on Pickup scripts.

Seth94
06-07-09, 22:24
Yes but it doesn't mention Quest Items. :)

I haven't put anything in the script, just named it over quest item 1 in the english script, so the name works but not the rotation. :)

ggctuk
07-07-09, 07:23
Quest Item rotation is are hardcoded. There's no way to change that yet.

Seth94
07-07-09, 08:13
Is there a specific slot, i.e, quest item 1,2,3, etc, that has the rotation straight up? :confused:

aktrekker
07-07-09, 09:35
Sorry, I wasn't paying attention.
You could use Examine slots or Pickup slots.

Black Thorn
07-07-09, 09:46
Is there a specific slot, i.e, quest item 1,2,3, etc, that has the rotation straight up? :confused:
All of the quest items, except for the QUEST_ITEM1, have an inventory rotation standing up. You picked just the wrong one. :p
Anyway, I didn't have a closer look at the quest items and since only the QUEST_ITEM1 was directly picked up by Lara in game in TR4, it's better for you to test them well...

Seth94
07-07-09, 09:59
All of the quest items, except for the QUEST_ITEM1, have an inventory rotation standing up. You picked just the wrong one. :p
Anyway, I didn't have a closer look at the quest items and since only the QUEST_ITEM1 was directly picked up by Lara in game in TR4, it's better for you to test them well...

Yes, I'll try other quest item slots. ;)

@aktrekker- But the object has to be carried over to another level, where you change outfits again, so, it can only be in the quest item slot I think. :)

Also, is it possible to then convert the item from the quest item slot to a puzzle item slot, which it originally was? :confused:

1upMushroom
07-07-09, 12:35
Yes, I'll try other quest item slots. ;)

@aktrekker- But the object has to be carried over to another level, where you change outfits again, so, it can only be in the quest item slot I think. :)

Also, is it possible to then convert the item from the quest item slot to a puzzle item slot, which it originally was? :confused:

Is the item a necessary item to be carried across, that every single player will have picked up by the end of the stage? If so, when you have reset the hub, you can add the puzzle item to the inventory with a flipeffect. :D

If it is a secret item, then it is not so easy. :(

Seth94
07-07-09, 12:54
Is the item a necessary item to be carried across, that every single player will have picked up by the end of the stage? If so, when you have reset the hub, you can add the puzzle item to the inventory with a flipeffect. :D

If it is a secret item, then it is not so easy. :(

Yes, at the end of the game, the player picks up the Emerald and then, after this, Lara takes it back to her home via an outfit change. I also need this to happen at certain stages in the game too. At the end of each area, Lara finds an Orb of Light. She must carry these all the way through the levels and then she puts all 4 Orb of Lights that she finds into puzzle holes to enter the second to last level. So the orbs need to be carried across as quest items, (they are all the same so only 1 slot is needed I think), and then transferred back to puzzle items in the final few levels. ;)

If this is possible, what flipeffect do I use? :)