PDA

View Full Version : All scripts can't be edited and saved!!

dcw123
07-07-09, 17:10
Just as the title says..
Its this kind of stupid BS that made me give up TRLE in the 1st place.
None of the scripts can be saved after I edit them.. Opened them in Notepad and everything, nothing changed.

Says... "Access to C:\ ..... TRLE\Script\Script2.txt was denied"

Now I'm super stuck and don't see the point in even continuing, as I NEED to change it or else my level just won't work..

Also, anyone here know how to add the SECRET_MAP text from TREP into the script files..
I read the TREP website and thought you just replace the RESERVED parts with the text you want - am I correct?
Anyhow, don't even matter as the script cant be saved anyway so...

Seth94
07-07-09, 17:12
I don't know if I had the same problem as you but I had a script problem, where I couldn't save or edit scripts. It lasted ages, but I think it just started working again after a while. :)

I don't know about the 2nd question. :p

kaufi-lc
07-07-09, 18:23
If you are using VISTA, right click the txt.-file and choose "run as administrator" (or something like this).
That should solve the problem :)

mudkip25
07-07-09, 18:26
Why not NG Scripter? I seem to recall Titak syaing it doesn't require TRNG to work

kaufi-lc
07-07-09, 18:30
Why not NG Scripter?

My Ma had the same problem as dcw123. Even NGScripter didn't solve. It gave an Error-message. I found out it has something to do with the admin-rights on VISTA.....really strange... :confused:

Romantics Inc.
07-07-09, 18:43
Why dont you post a copy of your script here? I know I wont be able to solve your problem, but somebody else may be able to if they saw the contents of your script?

snork
07-07-09, 19:13
Check your script folder permissions. It may be write-protected. This can happen becase of stupid Vista or also when a TRLE backup on CD is copied onto local harddisk and the write-protected status from the CD is copied with the files.

In Windows explorer, a right-mousebutton click on the script folder, choose "properties" and if there is a checkmark in "write protected" or whatever the english term is, then it is write-protected. If there is a shallow/ shadowed checkmark, it means some files are write protected, some not.

Do the same for the script.dat and English.dat in the trle main folder.
When those are write-protected, English.Script.bat will fail, always.

Titak
07-07-09, 20:25
Just as the title says..
Its this kind of stupid BS that made me give up TRLE in the 1st place.
None of the scripts can be saved after I edit them.. Opened them in Notepad and everything, nothing changed.

Says... "Access to C:\ ..... TRLE\Script\Script2.txt was denied"
Have you used eSSe.exe to compile the scripts? Since you are using TREP I suppose it is best to use eSSe for it. ;)

mudkip25
07-07-09, 21:28
What about the classic, backup important files, uninstall and reinstall trick?

aktrekker
07-07-09, 21:37
The message is pretty clear - you don't have permission to change the file.

This is not a TRLE problem, it is a Windows problem.
Make sure the trle folder and all files and subfolders are not read-only.
Make sure your user name has full access permission for the trle folder and everything in it.

The best way to eliminate permission problems with XP/Vista is to install in My Documents.