PDA

View Full Version : question about TR 1 revised.

suli
11-07-09, 13:02
hey guys, I was playing the TR 1 revised version and I ran into a very weird glitch in city of khamoon , everytime I enter the main area when the first cat mummy attackes, it has red blades attached to his body and then the screen starts stretching and shrinking it's so so annoying.. how can I fix that? :(

thanks in advance ;)

Dents
11-07-09, 13:26
Unfixable glitch related to the SCORPION and SMALL_SCORPION slots - you can't stop them poisoning Lara. :( Just use a medipack and it'll go back to normal.

As for the red blades...I'm not sure why they're there. :confused: Presumably the maker of the game used the flying Atlantean model and retextured it, but didn't quite manage to make the wings completely invisible.

ggctuk
11-07-09, 13:30
Unfixable glitch related to the SCORPION and SMALL_SCORPION slots - you can't stop them poisoning Lara. :( Just use a medipack and it'll go back to normal.

As for the red blades...I'm not sure why they're there. :confused: Presumably the maker of the game used the flying Atlantean model and retextured it, but didn't quite manage to make the wings completely invisible.

The mummies in TR1 do not have textures on the front of back of their wings, but they do have textures on the sides. In TR1, these 'blades' are never seen as there are two other slots which modify the mummy (one for firebomb attacks, one for the wingless Atlantean) but since those slots are 'placeholders', the main meshes and textures come from the original mummy slot.

As for poisoning, when they attack, they poison Lara. Just imagine it as some sort of flesh-eating disease the mummies have developed :ton:

Hateshinai
11-07-09, 14:29
My SMALL_SCORPIONs don't poison Lara :confused:

ggctuk
11-07-09, 14:36
No, that's because there's a scorpion in that slot, I bet. Which mesh does damage etc is hardcoded, I believe. If the Mummies were set not to poison Lara, they would not damage her at all (I tested this)

scremanie
11-07-09, 15:11
I cant get this game to run... when I click on the Tomb4.exe it just says "Tomb4.exe has stopped working" I tried putting it in compatibility mode with windows 98 and I also tried windows XP/2000, but it just says "failed to setup directX"... what's going on?
I have Vista, and other levels work, but its just this one.

EDIT* don't worry.. got it to work :)