PDA

View Full Version : Going on vacation

Titak
12-07-09, 13:13
Hi ya all! :wve:

This time I'm making a thread to announce that I'll be going on vacation for about a week.
As with the TR Meeting weekend, I won't be able to go online so I can't check the forum for qeustions and I won't be able to reply to any PM's either.
So either post the question you might have for me on the public forum or keep it inside your brain untill I get back. ;)

I'll be leaving tomorrow (Monday the 13th of July) and I have no idea when I'll be back but it won't be any later than Monday the 20th of July.

I'm going camping with my grandparents (they are both 80 years old) near a town called Nijverdal, right here in the Netherlands.
It should be fun. At least I will get away from home for a couple of days so it'll feel like a real vacation. :D

Titia

Tombraider95
12-07-09, 13:31
Bon voyage :wve:

Have Fun :tmb:

Hateshinai
12-07-09, 14:05
Bon Voyage ! Come back soon :)

matrix54
12-07-09, 14:10
bring a laptop with you! or else we'll cause chaos :mis:

have fun, hun!! :wve:

just croft
12-07-09, 14:45
Have fun!

wdavid
12-07-09, 14:51
Have fun Titak! ;):)

God Horus
12-07-09, 14:52
Have fun! :wve:

You might miss some info on Tomb Raider Origins though :p

TRF
12-07-09, 14:54
Have lots and lots of fun.

Ben je altijd zo druk met weggaan?

ShadyCroft
12-07-09, 15:05
Have fun, Titia !!! :D And may you return safely to us !

Titak
12-07-09, 15:21
You might miss some info on Tomb Raider Origins though :pI'll be back, so I'll just have some catching up to do then. :D
Or you could just wait with the info untill I'm back. :p

bring a laptop with you! or else we'll cause chaos Don't you dare cause chaos or I'll send my cat to scratch you! :p
I don't have a laptop... :o

Nee, echt niet vaak. Deze 2 keer (TR meeting en vakantie is wel gemiddeld). Nog wel eens een paar dagen naar Gerty, maar daar heb ik dan wel internet. ;)

Piega
12-07-09, 15:22
Yeah have fun and be totally tomb raider isolated in your brain! I forbid a laptop too :D Once your back it will have double inpact and will feel like a drug :D

mudkip25
12-07-09, 18:01
have fun Titia! aren't vacations great...

Kapu
13-07-09, 00:19
Have a good time, Titak. :wve:

Nee, echt niet vaak. Deze 2 keer (TR meeting en vakantie is wel gemiddeld). Nog wel eens een paar dagen naar Gerty, maar daar heb ik dan wel internet. ;)

I though speaking in any language but English was like comminting a felony here? lol

MyRaider4Life
13-07-09, 00:28
We should really have a Titia Help thread for people that need her help. :p
Have fun on your trip Titia, please come back though. We all strive off your Manor pictures. :D

aktrekker
13-07-09, 01:15
bring a laptop with you! or else we'll cause chaos :mis:

Don't even think it :ohn:

scoopy_loopy
13-07-09, 03:55
Have a good time, Titak. :wve:

I though speaking in any language but English was like comminting a felony here? lol

The dutchies practially own TRLE. Dont diss the language :tea:

Kapu
13-07-09, 04:18

When did I diss the language? If anything I dissed the forums. :p

KurtisandLara
13-07-09, 06:32
Oh No!
The babysitter is leaving us. :(
:p
Hope you have an awesome time and relax on your vacation! You shall have fun! :)

Black Thorn
13-07-09, 08:41
Have fun and breath some fresh Tomb-Raider-unreleated air! :)
Woah, even though I didn't hear you speak it, this language looks cool! :D Is it dutch?

Titak
13-07-09, 08:58
Yes it is Dutch. :D
Weird language, very difficult in terms of grammar and spelling. Even for the Dutch people. :vlol:

I'll be leaving soon.
So be good now and listen to aktrekker. :D

stranger1992
13-07-09, 09:30
:D have a great time!

Barry Matharoo
13-07-09, 09:37
cool
hope u enjoy :jmp:

Titak
18-07-09, 15:34
I'm back and I had a good time. :D

matrix54
18-07-09, 15:36
it was sooooo boring without you :eek:

happy you brough the good times back, and im even more happy that you had fun :)

LaraRules81
18-07-09, 15:38
Welcome back Titia! :hug: Hope it was really fun!

Peanut
18-07-09, 15:39
Welcome Back! :)

Hateshinai
18-07-09, 15:43
Welcome back Titia :hug:

Phys
18-07-09, 16:04
Welcome back :D

Tombraider95
18-07-09, 16:09
I thought you would be gone alot longer :p

Welcome Back :D

Got a Screenie as we have all been waiting :cln:

1upMushroom
18-07-09, 16:13
Titak is back! :jmp: :yah:

Titak
18-07-09, 16:26
No screenie. :p

And I won't be online much longer tonight either.
I'll be going to see the new Harry Potter movie with my brother tonight. :D

Tombraider95
18-07-09, 16:28
^^^

Shame but i saw Harry potter 6 the other day with my class, I thought it was really good but some people thought it wasnt as good as the others! :(

mudkip25
18-07-09, 16:39
No screenie. :p

And I won't be online much longer tonight either.
I'll be going to see the new Harry Potter movie with my brother tonight. :D

OMG me too! except with my step-dad

God Horus
18-07-09, 16:40
Hey welcome back! :wve:

Good to hear you had fun! :D

And have fun at the movies! :)

Sheen
18-07-09, 16:46

I love the dutch people, and I love their language in fact I am trying to learn Dutch :).

Also, glad you had a nice break, welcome back :)

Titak
18-07-09, 16:55
Well, if you need any advise on how to write something in Dutch, there are lots of dutch people around here. :D

I'm quite curious about this Harry Potter movie.
I haven't seen any trailers or news items about it, so it'll be a complete surprise for me.
It will ofcourse be different from the book, because they simply can't put the entire book in one movie, but it can be very good anyway. I like all the other movies as well. :D

mudkip25
18-07-09, 16:57
Well, if you need any advise on how to write something in Dutch, there are lots of dutch people around here. :D

I'm quite curious about this Harry Potter movie.
I haven't seen any trailers or news items about it, so it'll be a complete surprise for me.
It will ofcourse be different from the book, because they simply can't put the entire book in one movie, but it can be very good anyway. I like all the other movies as well. :D

well seeing as Dobby was supposed to be in the fourth movie who gives Harry some Gillyweed for the Triwizard Tournament Neville did it instead. wait, someone should do a Harry Potter based Level :p Hogwarts!

Titak
18-07-09, 17:15
Sometime in the early days someone made a Harry Potter outfit, but I don't think anyone has ever made a Harry Potter themed custom level? :confused:

Could be fun when done right. :D
If we would have another Lara at the Movies project, Harry Potter would be something I might try then. Or Lord of the Rings...

mudkip25
18-07-09, 17:17
Sometime in the early days someone made a Harry Potter outfit, but I don't think anyone has ever made a Harry Potter themed custom level? :confused:

Could be fun when done right. :D
If we would have another Lara at the Movies project, Harry Potter would be something I might try then. Or Lord of the Rings...

Rictusempra!!!

Titak
18-07-09, 17:19
Painfull! :yik:

Sheen
18-07-09, 17:27
Oh no, don't make Lara be Harry Potter! ;o.

Instead why don't you make her be a teacher :jmp:

Titak
18-07-09, 17:45
Lara could be whatever character I think.
I was actually more thinking about the whole environment: Hogwarts Castle and the castle gorunds, the Forbidden Forest and Hogsmeade. That would be the Harry Potter theme for me. :D

ViNi__
18-07-09, 17:46
Welcome back Titak :)
hope you enjoyed the vacation :D

Harry Potter would be great!!
the crossbow being a flipendo spell (the default from the games) would be very cool :jmp:
ohh, some spells only casted by special "cutscene" actions... potions puzzles.. maybe a broom vehicle :cln:
oops, ok, sorry *stops dreaming*
just ignore all that :whi:

well, welcome back! xD

Titak
18-07-09, 17:50
Flipendo spell?
I don't know anything whatsoever about the Harry Potter games. :o

A broomvehicle sounds funny! I just had a vision of Lara sitting on a broomstick which will not go any higher than about 50 cm above the ground since the only vehicles possible in LE are the jeep and motorbike and they can't be made to fly. :vlol:

Hmmm... I haven't had one single look at my level since I got back.
I think it is time to do so. To check if everything still looks okay to me. :D

ViNi__
18-07-09, 18:05
well, yes xD
Flipendo is a spell that only exists in the games..
its the first spell you learn, its almost like Lara's pistols xD
can break things, trigger things, kill some enemies.... :D
the broom would be very funny indeed xD
-
hey Titak, any chances to we have one more screen of MoA this month? :cln:

stranger1992
18-07-09, 18:10
Jsut a question: do you (and other non-native english speakers) watch it in English or an over-dubbed version with your own language?

ViNi__
18-07-09, 18:14
Jsut a question: do you (and other non-native english speakers) watch it in English or an over-dubbed version with your own language?
I watch an english version with subtitles :p
gosh, the dubbed version in portuguese is horrible :cen: (not only Harry Potter, but all movies here are like this... except the cartoons [well, I like cartoons lol])

Titak
18-07-09, 18:21
Most movies here aren't dubbed, but they do have subtitles.
Movies that are also suitable for kids have a dubbed version, but since we are going to watch the 10 PM one, I suspect it'll be a perfectly good english version with subtitles. :D
I'm not even sure if there is a dubbed version of the Harry Potter movie...

I actually hate dubbed movies... it ruins the performance of the actors because the dubbing is never as good as the original actor. :(

@ ViNi:
I don't know if I'll have another room finished enough to be shown here this month.

1upMushroom
18-07-09, 19:31
Yes, subtitles are better. The movie is always better in its original language. :D
Cannot imagine "El Laberinto del fauno" in English. One of the best movies ever, but it was just so perfect in Spanish. Or imagine a classic French movie in English. Just not the same. For that matter, can you imagine "American Marshalls" or the "godfather" in any other language than English?
Movies are ALWAYS better in the original language.
With dubbing, the mouth movements don't match the spoken words. :vlol:

But, talking about Dutch...

Ek praat nie Nederlands nie, maar ek praat Afrikaans, want ek was in Suid Afrika gebore. Ek het daar gelewe tot ek 23 jare oud was.
Afrikaans en Nederlands is nie meer die selfde taal nie, maar hulle is belykbaar genoeg om mense mekaar te verstaan.
Ek kan Nederlands verstaan waneer ek dit lees, maar nie waneer mense dit praat, want die aksent is baie vreemd.
So, kan jy verstaan wat ek skryf?
:D

Everybody else, just ignore the writing in green. It is in the South African Dutch dialect. (The language that derived from the colonial Dutch of the 1600's, so it is not really the same language anymore.) :D

mudkip25
18-07-09, 19:51
Flipendo spell?
I don't know anything whatsoever about the Harry Potter games. :o

The Harry Potter Games have speels from the movie and spells that are exclusive to the game. Here are some:

Flipendo - default spell to replace pistols
Depulso - Used to push things, can be used for the push block animation
Carpe Rectractum - pulls things
Draconifors - Turns Inanimate objects into Dragons
Lapifors - Turns Inanimate objects into Rabbits
Avifors - Turns Inanimate objects into Birds
Rictusempra - Tickling spell
Glacius - Turns things to ice
Alohomora - Unlocks doors, can be used instead of a switch
Lumos - Can replace Flares
Expelliarmus - Can replace Shotgun
Expecto Patronum - Can Replace Revolver
Wingardium Leviosa (Everone knows that :))
Accio - Can replace the pick up object Animation
Avada Kedavra - Can be used by Voldemort Baddie
Impervius - Can Fix Something

Yes, subtitles are better. The movie is always better in its original language. :D
Cannot imagine "El Laberinto del fauno" in English. One of the best movies ever, but it was just so perfect in Spanish. Or imagine a classic French movie in English. Just not the same. For that matter, can you imagine "American Marshalls" or the "godfather" in any other language than English?
Movies are ALWAYS better in the original language.
With dubbing, the mouth movements don't match the spoken words. :vlol:

Ek praat nie Nederlands nie, maar ek praat Afrikaans, want ek was in Suid Afrika gebore. Ek het daar gelewe tot ek 23 jare oud was.
Afrikaans en Nederlands is nie meer die selfde taal nie, maar hulle is belykbaar genoeg om mense mekaar te verstaan.
Ek kan Nederlands verstaan waneer ek dit lees, maar nie waneer mense dit praat, want die aksent is baie vreemd.

Everybody else, just ignore the writing in green. It is in the South African Dutch dialect. (The language that derived from the colonial Dutch of the 1600's, so it is not really the same language anymore.) :D

:D Well, Japanese Anime's are dubbed with no problem BTW we're off topic

wdavid
18-07-09, 20:31
Movies with dubbing here in Hungary in not bad.:) Sometimes the voice doesn't match to the actor/actress but that's a minor problem. As 1upMashroom said that the mouth movements don't match to the spoken words but they can't solve this so i better see the movie instead of the mouths.
BTW i hate movies with subtitle:o

tomblover
18-07-09, 20:56
You forgot Sectumsempra... That can be the grenade launcher. :vlol:

And Swedish dubs are ****ing horrible. :vlol: I mean, in the first movie, R/H/H all sound like preschoolers, FFS! :vlol:

And since Avada Kedavra equals instant kill, the Cruciatus curse can replace whatever attacks the enemies have. :vlol:

mudkip25
18-07-09, 21:07
Lol, Someone rename this thread to "Titak's back from a vacation and we're all talking about Harry Potter and Movie's Being dubbed with barely any TRLE at all!"

TRF
18-07-09, 21:39

I understood most of it though..
Although it ws a bit weird to read, i stil get it (somehow :p)

BTW: Welcome back Titak.

mudkip25
19-07-09, 06:55
I just got back from the movie, loved it. Someone make an LE game now!!!

KurtisandLara
19-07-09, 07:08
I just got back from the movie, loved it. Someone make an LE game now!!!

Me too! It was very good...

Someone make an LE game now!!!

:vlol: