PDA

View Full Version : New TRLE Plan

ClankDaxter
14-07-09, 14:33
Hi there. I'm writing a story for a new TRLE editor (probably I'll be doing it on NGLE) but I'm a bit confused with all this stuff. I don't know where to start. I already checked the tutorials but I have no idea how to start, and what to do first. Can somebody help me?

I'm also looking for:
- 4 Beta Testers
- Animator for cutscenes
- Characters voices
- And help on getting the right objects for the right places

The story begins in the Manor. Lara is reading a book about (I'm still thinking on what will she be hunting. Sugestions, please) and when she finishes she decides to go after that artifact. The first level is a tutorial level. During the morning Lara gives the player a guided tour through the manor. After that the game begins. Then based on the mytical artifact she is looking for I'll update this post.

Tombraider95
14-07-09, 14:36
^^^^

Good Luck with it, I wouldnt mind being a beta tester ;)

Ive just resently started used NG centre and its very easy to use, NGLE is basically the same as TRLE but better ;)

ClankDaxter
14-07-09, 14:38
^^^^

Good Luck with it, I wouldnt mind being a beta tester ;)

Ive just resently started used NG centre and its very easy to use, NGLE is basically the same as TRLE but better ;)

Thanks :D I never used TRLE but the first time I opened it I was like "wtf? How do I do this" Seeing other people levels makes it look much easier to manouver :o

Tombraider95
14-07-09, 14:44
^^^

Trust me, after a while its a piece of cake :D If you havent done LE much before how about doing just a simple level to start off with. :)

ClankDaxter
14-07-09, 14:47
Yeah, I'm gonna do that. I'm wondering if I must do some kind of invented mythological artifact. Does it matter? Because I have no idea wich will I choose.

Tombraider95
14-07-09, 14:49
^^^

How about one of these :D

http://www.trsearch.org/Media.php?action=searchdb&Text=artifacts&Type=

ClankDaxter
14-07-09, 14:52
But those are from Tomb Raider 3

I was thinking on something new. But okay. I'll use. It's better.

Spikey
14-07-09, 14:56
I don't know where to start. I already checked the tutorials but I have no idea how to start, and what to do first.

I'm also looking for:
- 4 Beta Testers
- Animator for cutscenes
- Characters voices

Priorities, priorities. ;)

If you don't know where to start, the best thing you can do is simply re-read the tutorials and manual again, and make sure to take in as much as possible - it'll give you the same basic information that everybody here would end up giving you.

VictorXD
14-07-09, 19:53
I wouldn't mind being a beta tester. I'm free.Voice acting, hummm if there is a Brazilian o the game I wouldbeup for it:D

Mytly
14-07-09, 20:10
You don't even know how to start, and you're already looking for beta testers and voice actors?! Try building the tutorial level, following the TRLE manual step by step. That way you'll learn the basics. Then, try building something on your own - and believe me, that will easily take many weeks/months. After that, you can start worrying about beta testers and the rest. ;)

ClankDaxter
14-07-09, 23:06
If until tomorrow I don't get used to the tools of NGLE I'll probably give up. I just don't understand the tutorials.Most of them are so confusing.

Kapu
15-07-09, 00:54
You should have started with the plain old level editor and learned to work with that before you tried NGLE.

Shauni
15-07-09, 01:33
I think the NGLE is the same as the old one, it just has a few more buttons if you choose to use them. I think it's about the same really. Since you are just starting out, I would definitely suggest reading some tutorials. Don't give up! :) And if you don't feel like reading a tutorial, here is a video tutorial I made to help people who are just starting out:

Part 1 of making a room in the level editor:
8lvmmvnQ3ik

Part 2 of making a room:
7GaxwZdbKvg

Hope it helps. It's not as intimidating as it looks :)

stranger1992
15-07-09, 01:41
I really advise watching the two vids posted above. For me it was quite fun to watch (because its another builder talking about stuff I only say in my head!).

TR FAN 18
15-07-09, 07:12
Also this tutorial (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=78913) was very useful to me. Before reading this, I didn't know anything about the LE but now after doing that and going through the manual I'm hard at work on a level which has 93 rooms now.