PDA

View Full Version : Objects Appearing Wrong :S

MrBananaMama
17-07-09, 20:30
hey everytime i put objects in my level they look wrong!!!!! plz help they always look like this (see picture)http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv140/MrBananaMama/problem.jpg

Phys
17-07-09, 20:35
Make sure your custom wad with the objects you have placed, is named the same as your .TOM file. When you build the .TOM, it includes the WAD which is named the same. If not, it will mess up the objects. :)

Peanut
17-07-09, 21:10
Because those objects are not in your wad..

Shauni
17-07-09, 21:15
Try saving your WAD over one of the original ones to help (make backups first though). For example, save your map over Tut1.PRJ, save your textures over Tut1.TGA, and your WAD over Tut1.WAD. It helps keep everything together :)

MrBananaMama
18-07-09, 03:19
[QUOTE=Peanut;3830859]Because those objects are not in your wad..[/QU
they are in my wad :/

MrBananaMama
18-07-09, 03:20
Make sure your custom wad with the objects you have placed, is named the same as your .TOM file. When you build the .TOM, it includes the WAD which is named the same. If not, it will mess up the objects. :)

Thats What i do :S:S:S:

MrBananaMama
18-07-09, 03:22
Guys I need help

mudkip25
18-07-09, 03:24
don't post more than twice please. is you're Wad the same name as the file you outputed to, like Cleopal.was to Cleopal.tom

Shauni
18-07-09, 03:26
Where is your WAD saved? Is it in the Graphics folder?

MrBananaMama
18-07-09, 03:31
Where is your WAD saved? Is it in the Graphics folder?

no my wad is saved somewhere else but i output the wad from the ng in th graphics folder in tut1.tomb

mudkip25
18-07-09, 03:33
no my wad is saved somewhere else but i output the wad from the ng in th graphics folder in tut1.tomb

It has to be Graphics -> Wads

MrBananaMama
18-07-09, 03:33
don't post more than twice please. is you're Wad the same name as the file you outputed to, like Cleopal.was to Cleopal.tom

no the wad name is called everything.was but i output it in tut1.tom

mudkip25
18-07-09, 03:34
no the wad name is called everything.was but i output it in tut1.tom

It has to be called tut1.was not everything.was

MrBananaMama
18-07-09, 03:34
It has to be Graphics -> Wads

thats where the wad should be ? i mean the one before i out put the wad of te level?

MrBananaMama
18-07-09, 03:35
It has to be called tut1.was not everything.was

ok ill try it

mudkip25
18-07-09, 03:35
thats where the wad should be ? i mean the one before i out put the wad of te level?

the .was file which is considered a WAD

EDIT: Don't Double Post!

MrBananaMama
18-07-09, 03:36
the .was file which is considered a WAD

EDIT: Don't Double Post!

EDIT:waht do u mean by dont double post?

MrBananaMama
18-07-09, 03:42
TRNG - Detected Unrecoverable Crash
Informations about current crash saved in following file:

"C:\Program Files\Core Design\trle\Last_Crash_1.txt"
thats i swhat they wrote when i did what u told me the objects didnt appear thought but the outfit did so????waht should i do?

mudkip25
18-07-09, 03:45
EDIT:waht do u mean by dont double post?

a post like this
and another post after it by the same person

EDIT: and you did it again, just press the EDIT Button Next Time when you can't post again

Peanut
18-07-09, 03:49
Your Folders are arranged Wrong! You must open WadMerger.. go to Graphics Folder.. Open tut.was.. And place your objects in it.. then when saving.. Save it over tut.was! :rolleyes:

Also Then you go to the ng_Tomb2pc program.. click on Add.. Under Scrpt...Locate the wad you just edited in this case tut.was.. and select it.. Then Select the Build All Button and there you go!

MrBananaMama
18-07-09, 03:51
Your Folders are arranged Wrong! You must open WadMerger.. go to Graphics Folder.. Open tut.was.. And place your objects in it.. then when saving.. Save it over tut.was! :rolleyes:

Also Then you go to the ng_Tomb2pc program.. click on Add.. Under Scrpt...Locate the wad you just edited in this case tut.was.. and select it.. Then Select the Build All Button and there you go!

thats what i did and go to sleep :P
EDIT:sorry for double editing

mudkip25
18-07-09, 03:52
thats what i did and go to sleep :P
EDIT:sorry for double editing

Its Double Posting, There is nothing wrong with Editing

MrBananaMama
18-07-09, 03:58
Its Double Posting, There is nothing wrong with Editing

lol
EDIT:i ment double posting

mudkip25
18-07-09, 04:01
lol
EDIT:i ment double posting

Are you even using the EDIT button cause the bottom of you're post doesn't say "last edited by"

KurtisandLara
Ok im confused. :eek:

Peanut
Oh my God! :vlol:

MrBananaMama
18-07-09, 04:36
Guys seriously i did what u said and now ok i can see my outfit but the objects still wont load and sometimes the level crashes plz help!!!1

MrBananaMama
18-07-09, 05:19
and whenevr i use my guns the level crashes any help??

aktrekker
18-07-09, 07:24
You edited once. Why didn't you edit the second time?:hea:

I assume you downloaded an outfit. It was in a wad file. So you tried to use that wad in your level. THAT WON'T WORK!!!
The wad you downloaded ONLY has LARA in it. No wonder the other objects aren't there.
You must pick a wad file, then COPY the outfit to it using WadMerger. That way you will have all the other things you need. Things like DEFAULT_SPRITES. Without that your level will crash randomly, including when you try to use the pistols.

Are you starting to understand a little better how the wad file works? Or do you need a detailed explanation so you will understand why the things you tried earlier did not work right. If you don't understand, you will always have problems.

MrBananaMama
18-07-09, 07:31
You edited once. Why didn't you edit the second time?:hea:

I assume you downloaded an outfit. It was in a wad file. So you tried to use that wad in your level. THAT WON'T WORK!!!
The wad you downloaded ONLY has LARA in it. No wonder the other objects aren't there.
You must pick a wad file, then COPY the outfit to it using WadMerger. That way you will have all the other things you need. Things like DEFAULT_SPRITES. Without that your level will crash randomly, including when you try to use the pistols.

Are you starting to understand a little better how the wad file works? Or do you need a detailed explanation so you will understand why the things you tried earlier did not work right. If you don't understand, you will always have problems.

THNX alot no need to be rude -.-
and nice to meet you!!!! u helped alot

aktrekker
18-07-09, 09:07
Didn't realize I was being rude. I was just pointing out where the mistakes had been made so you won't make those mistakes again. Life is so much better if you can avoid the problems and get on with the fun stuff.

Tombraider95
18-07-09, 10:08
Its because when you output your WAD Your not outputing the right file ;)

mudkip25
18-07-09, 16:39
Just Rebuild you're wad.

Just startoff like this

1.choose anyone wad in the graphics -> Wads folder that you didn't create that came with LE

2.Open it in Wadmerger

3.Open another Wad containing the Item/s you wish to put in the wad.
3a.For Outfits, put everything in the wad (You don't have to do the Lara object unless you want all the animations that weren't included with you're initial Lara)
3b.There is no special treatment for anything else just copy it.
3c.Its best not to delete the objects in the wad at all

4.Save the Wad

5.Open the wad in the editor

6.Place the Objects and Trigger them if you need too

7.If added objects to cleopal.was output to cleopal.tom

8.open the game and you're done

sapper
19-07-09, 00:42
Watch this video from badboy's tutorials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue6-Kry_ueU