PDA

View Full Version : Savegame checkpoints with flipeffects from TREP

Primordial
19-07-09, 11:41
Hello.
I'm trying to make saving in my game possible only in certain areas by activating trigger by a switch, and i created a flipeffect that makes that possible:
FLASH_RED
SAVE_GAME
FLASH_RED
STOP
And everything works fine (FLASH_RED is just my choice for the effect), but when I load the game, it loads in Save Game menu (like this)
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/7499/ahlol.jpg (http://img254.imageshack.us/i/ahlol.jpg/)
I can just press escape and the game has loaded fine, but I would like the game to load directly to gameplay. And note that the game does load directly into gameplay when save (and then load) with flipeffect trigger without switch.
It would be best if the game would just save on the first availible slot when I activate the trigger, without opening SaveGame menu, but I don't expect that's possible.
And also, I would like to ask if it's possible to make the game load from the last savegame directly after lara dies, without going to main menu and selecting from Load Game menu?
I hope that someone who is more expirienced with flipeffect editor will help me.:)

Hateshinai
19-07-09, 12:39
And also, I would like to ask if it's possible to make the game load from the last savegame directly after lara dies, without going to main menu and selecting from Load Game menu?

I'd like to know that too :)

Primordial
19-07-09, 12:56
I've solved the problem with game loading in Save Game menu, the flipeffect code should go:
STOP
FLASH_RED
SAVE_GAME
FLASH_RED
And it should be set to post. Now only if someone would know if it's possible to make a flipeffect that just saves the game in the first slot without opening Save Game menu, and is it possible that the game automatically loads from last save after lara dies...

nowid50
19-07-09, 13:03
It's not possible :( These commands only asks Tomb4 to show up the menu and nothing else :s

madtong
19-07-09, 13:04
Well, but if someone want to save on another slot? Me, for example, always change the savegame slot after a hard task, just in case if a screw up something i dont have to do it all again. Making an automatic save dont means always saving on the same slot?:confused:

madtong
19-07-09, 13:09
But then again, what you want to do is something that works like the save cristals on Tr1, Legend and anniversary... The save cristals i think that is possible, im almost sure that i already see that on one custom level... I guess you should not want to reinvent the powder and do it on the save cristals way...

Primordial
19-07-09, 13:33
well ok, I'm pretty satisfied with what I have done for now, but I belive there's at least some way for the load game screen to pop out after lara dies, as it did in TR1, TR2 and TR3. Going all the way to the main menu just to load game would be stupid if there is a way to load the game exactly after the death.

BTW with invisible switch placed on something like "savegame statue" that triggers the flipeffect I stated before, I've done it my way and added a little originality, and also I like it this way way more than savegame crystals.:D

Hateshinai
19-07-09, 13:43
If you play a level then you die, you're redirected to the main menu.
Reload your game, die again, you're directed to the Load menu ;)

That's the way it works with Tomb4

Primordial
19-07-09, 13:54
If you play a level then you die, you're redirected to the main menu.
Reload your game, die again, you're directed to the Load menu ;)

That's the way it works with Tomb4

Yes, but i thought that there is a way to get Load Game menu opened directly after you die,without any loadings and stuff. But I guess I can live without that...:)