PDA

View Full Version : Tomb raider legend -- damn time trials!

highlander20816
20-07-09, 05:43
hi there everyone i just have a general question is there anyway to beat these damn time trials because they're a pain in the ass all i want to do is unlock the rest of these extras or what ever you call them. On some of these they dont give you enough time especially the two BOLIVIA time trials and it is very thrustrating to me i think the time trials suck at least to me but i did at least beat two time trials but by shere luck, is there anyway i can beat these time trials so i can unlock the rest of these extras? i have a PC thanks ---- MIKE P.S. I still think these time trials SUCK! i would like to talk to a gamer at eidos DAMN!

michaeldt
20-07-09, 05:45
i thought they gave you too much time, Sometimes I could beat kazakhstan and England ten minutes before the trial ended.

Tony9595
20-07-09, 06:31
Take a look at THIS (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/tr7/timetrials/index.html), it might help you :)

Uzi master
20-07-09, 07:48
it may be different on the PS2 but it semms pretty easy remember that if you die the time stays how it is when you die.

xXhayleyroxXx
20-07-09, 12:17
Not sure about PC but I would have thought it would be the same for all platforms; basically play the level without the timetrial first; and get familiar with shortcuts and whatnot, Then start the time trial, try not to kill enemies unless you Have too, don't panic, try not to die too much and basically take the easiest route.
good luck, it IS possible.

MMAN
20-07-09, 13:33
Legend run here: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=19C9655CACB86C9A

Most shortcuts probably won't be practical, but there still should be more than enough to beat the trials, as the developers didn't take shortcuts into account at all (plus this run is done on hard, as opposed to normal that the TT's play on).

Mystery-King
20-07-09, 16:57
Legend run here: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=19C9655CACB86C9A

Most shortcuts probably won't be practical, but there still should be more than enough to beat the trials, as the developers didn't take shortcuts into account at all (plus this run is done on hard, as opposed to normal that the TT's play on).

I always found them really hard ESPECIALLY motorbike levels because the time spent on them could be forever. The only one I've completed was Nepal because I found a handy hint about the scales and box puzzle on stellas site.

Love2Raid
20-07-09, 17:01
Just download a 100% save from www.tombraiderhub.com. :)

If you only want the unlockables. But it's more fun to take on the challenge and beat them all yourself instead. :cool:

highlander20816
21-07-09, 06:15
hi there when i click on to the link where exactly do i go to get this 100% hub i dont see it thanks ---MIKE

Ward Dragon
21-07-09, 06:32
Take a look at THIS (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/tr7/timetrials/index.html), it might help you :)

Yes :D I'm really bad at doing levels quickly but I was able to do all of Legend's time trials in only one or two tries each by following that guide.

hi there when i click on to the link where exactly do i go to get this 100% hub i dont see it thanks ---MIKE

Follow this link (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/saves.html) and scroll down to where it says you can download a special save for Legend with all time trials completed :)

highlander20816
21-07-09, 11:01
hello there WARD i downloaded the file you showed me but when you do where exactly do you put it so it so it works on the game? thanks --- MIKE

MMAN
21-07-09, 18:30
I always found them really hard ESPECIALLY motorbike levels because the time spent on them could be forever.

Everything needs to die to progress on the motorbike levels.

Mystery-King
21-07-09, 19:53
I was attempting peru TT about 10 minutes ago and I got to the motorbike sequence when something awesome happened. I was travelling along minding my own business shooting people when all of a sudden the camera flipped round so I saw the front of Lara and behind her a mercenary just randomly smacked into a rock and his motorbike went spinning and smashed lara round the head. She ended up dead when I was annoyed about but its the first time it happened. LOL! Must get screenies if this happens again. :D

Mytly
21-07-09, 20:48
hello there WARD i downloaded the file you showed me but when you do where exactly do you put it so it so it works on the game? thanks --- MIKE
If it's in a zip file, unzip it first. Then go to MyDocuments\Tomb Raider - Legend\Savegames and put the savegame in that folder. If there are more than 50 savegames in this folder already, delete one to make room for the downloaded one (don't delete your latest savegame!).

highlander20816
22-07-09, 08:37
hi Mytly how are you? hey i tried to install that file the way you told me but i just wouldnt work i tried putting in a couple of times but i wouldnt show up on the game but just the same thanks for the help and thanks for trying. by the way i just got done trying BOLIVIA REDUX or what ever and i couldnt do jack **** with it as far as trying to beat the creature its bull**** i think all these time trials are ****ING BULL**** i dont see how these time trials can be done anyway thanks for trying help be good! --- MIKE