PDA

View Full Version : Need love advice (weird situation)

LaraLuvrrr
21-07-09, 13:02
So I was on a dating site and I came across the profile of a guy that I had briefly met on a cruise I was in 3 years ago. We hung out a bit on the cruise 3 years ago but not alot. And I thought he was straight and he was cute. Well now I see him on a gay dating site. So he ended up being gay which i found funny. So I want to try to nab him so I brought up that i knew him from that cruise and he instantly remembered my name which i think is a good sign cuz i dont remember his. He gave me his msn and we started talking but he hasnt really been very talkative and forthcoming. Neither of us has kinda shown that we're interested in having a relationship. I commented on a pic of his and he just said thanks. And he seemed interested in seeing one of me. Now Im just in desperate need of advice because i dont know how to figure out if hes interested or how to bring up over the internet that i like him.... i might get shut down. I mean I wonder if i should just get to know him better and maybe ask if he wants to hang out but then i might end up in the friend zone and i dont want that.......

What should I do?? :( :confused:

CroftGameGirl
21-07-09, 13:06
I think it might be best if you tell him how you feel about him and about starting a relationship. That way if he doesn't want to then he can tell you straight away and it'll (probably*) be quicker i.e: better.
* Then again, I'm not sure, I have never been in a relationship and I do not know too much about them, sorry. :o :(
Good luck either way though :) :tmb:

rickybazire
21-07-09, 13:10
I've known to get to know the person better. I've experienced it when you want to start a relationship with someone, and that person wants to do the same with you, but you just know its better to just continue getting to know the person for at least a couple weeks or so.

My advice, you don't have to take it, is to continue to get to know him for a couple weeks and think of how you feel over that time period to help you make a decision as to whether you want to start a relationship.

As for the picutre, you could play him a bit and give it to him later.

CroftGameGirl
21-07-09, 13:12
From what rickybazire said, get to know him better so that you're sure you wanna be with him. He might not be right for you :o Then again he could. Be sure of it.

TRULuverzz
21-07-09, 13:12
i'd suggest you ask to go on a date somewhere with a romantic atmosphere and arrange a Rendezvous point. oh, and just pretend your just friends with him, ask him his personality and tell him about you, then once it's all done confess your love to him.

hope my advice is pretty reasonable although i've never been on a date. and if you plan all this, hope it goes well :)

LaraLuvrrr
21-07-09, 13:13
I've known to get to know the person better. I've experienced it when you want to start a relationship with someone, and that person wants to do the same with you, but you just know its better to just continue getting to know the person for at least a couple weeks or so.

My advice, you don't have to take it, is to continue to get to know him for a couple weeks and think of how you feel over that time period to help you make a decision as to whether you want to start a relationship.

As for the picutre, you could play him a bit and give it to him later.

I already gave him my picture... but yea I think you're right about getting to know him better and feel things out... what i hate too is i dont think i made a good first impression when i met him on the cruise because i was dancing crazy and acting a bit drunken.... so he may think thats purely me. But i made it a point to tell him im not like that anymore... and he says hes matured too.. so i think we're both feeling things out.

scoopy_loopy
21-07-09, 13:24
I was that guy! OMG wut? :eek:

Kidding...

But my advice, not that I have experience in this kind of thing, is just to let things unfold as they do. Gently add some flirting and what not, see if anything blossums ;)

Ikas90
21-07-09, 13:37
Just be friends. Then see how things unfold. Get to know eachother, and don't rush anything.

If there's no chemistry, then there's no chemistry. Simple as.

January_Snow*
21-07-09, 13:43
If he wants something he will tell you...I dont know about guys, cause Im straight, so when I want to catch a girl, its best to act cold, and play hard to get, that makes things much more interesting ;) I dont know its the same with guys, but you should try it :)