PDA

View Full Version : Razzi's Projects

Razzi
21-07-09, 16:52
Hiya!
I've already decided to create this thread because I think it is good to have things in one thread - not have 4 threads and then look for them.
So in this thread I will post my progress of my projects. You should know that I don't use TRLE/NGLE - I use Dxtre3D - the unofficial TR editor.
So my newest project is...

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/head.png
My newest levelset is called Nox et Solitudo (latin - Night and Solitude) and it takes place after the young Lara's adventures. This set will include a few levels - at least two different locations and 3 levels in each location.

Story:
There isn't any story out yet.

Screenshots
These screenshots are alpha ones. So some details can be changed.
http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/th_s-001.jpg (http://s590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/?action=view&current=s-001.jpg) http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/th_001-5.jpg (http://s590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/?action=view&current=001-5.jpg) http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/th_002-2.jpg (http://s590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/?action=view&current=002-2.jpg)
More coming soon...

Videos, trailers
There aren't any videos here...

matrix54
21-07-09, 17:24
I really like these. cool :tmb:

Hateshinai
21-07-09, 17:33
Looks great !

Can't spot any flaw :tmb:

Shauni
21-07-09, 17:54
Beautiful! :D I never realised you were so talented with the level editor :tmb: I like your building style!

Kevin
21-07-09, 17:58
I like the first one very much.
No streched textures and a beautiful lighting. :tmb:
Keep it up!

Razzi
21-07-09, 19:15
I really like these. cool :tmb:

Looks great !

Can't spot any flaw :tmb:

Thank you very much. I'm really pleased to see your nice comments :)

Beautiful! :D I never realised you were so talented with the level editor :tmb: I like your building style!

I do hope you will like my next creations too! :)

I like the first one very much.
No streched textures and a beautiful lighting. :tmb:
Keep it up!

Thank you too! Btw. this is one of a few open light places in the level. It is situated in dark caves in Mexico or where. I used TRU Mexico textures - some of them - so I thought it must be in Mexico.
As you can see there aren't any objects yet. No doors, no columns, no fire holders, no enemies. It's because I'm still building my base level for Dx editor (wad in TRLE). And I'm trying to make my own objects - for example some columns I have finished, but I have to make some textures for them. :)

wdavid
21-07-09, 19:32
I live the irst one. You are doing excellent work with Dxtre3D :tmb:
I've been made 3 levels for TR2 but i've never tried to make a game for TR4.:)

...No streched textures and a beautiful lighting....

You can't make streched textures with DxTre3D because everythin is devided into 4x4 click squares (also on the walls) and you can't make them bigger or smaller.:D

Shauni
21-07-09, 19:36
You can't make streched textures with DxTre3D because everythin is devided into 4x4 click squares (also on the walls) and you can't make them bigger or smaller.:D
Really? =O Doesn't that hinder creativity with the level, or does it work out fine?

Razzi
21-07-09, 19:37
I live the irst one. You are doing excellent work with Dxtre3D :tmb:
I've been made 3 levels for TR2 but i've never tried to make a game for TR4.:)

Thank you :)
and yes - Dx has a perfect grid, but TRLE or NGLE can make a grid too, so what's the matter? :D

You can't make streched textures with DxTre3D because everythin is devided into 4x4 click squares (also on the walls) and you can't make them bigger or smaller.

making with Dxtre3D is easier than with TRLE - texturing in TRLE is horrible believe me in Dx it is simple sooo simple. And you can't just move lines in the grid in Dx.

-Roli-
21-07-09, 19:42
Loks really cool :tmb: Well done :)

wdavid
21-07-09, 19:45
Never mind Razzi, i just wanted to say that texturing it's much more easier in DxTre then in TRLE.:) I love that editor but i wanted to make TR4 levels and NGLE is a bit better for it. I'm thinking on making another TR2 level with Dx:rolleyes::)

Razzi
21-07-09, 19:46
Loks really cool :tmb: Well done :)
Thank you, Roli :)

Never mind Razzi, i just wanted to say that texturing it's much more easier in DxTre then in TRLE.:) I love that editor but i wanted to make TR4 levels and NGLE is a bit better for it. I'm thinking on making another TR2 level with Dx:rolleyes::)

Sure it is easier. I tried to learn NGLE, but I stopped after texturing. I made a Main Hall of my Manor (that project is gone) and that was all. Now I want to build level with Dx and a real level to raid :D

wdavid
21-07-09, 19:56
Sure it is easier. I tried to learn NGLE, but I stopped after texturing. I made a Main Hall of my Manor (that project is gone) and that was all. Now I want to build level with Dx and a real level to raid :D

Sorry to hear that your manor level has gone:)
I'm looking forward to play your game;)

Titak
21-07-09, 20:06
Looking very good, Razzi! :tmb:

trlestew
21-07-09, 20:08
This looks great!
It must have taken alot of work with the unofficial level editor.

Razzi
21-07-09, 20:29
Sorry to hear that your manor level has gone:)
I'm looking forward to play your game;)

Aaah don't worry about my manor. I wanted my own custom manor, so I decided to make one, but I was sick of it. Manor simple belongs to TR, but tombs are a lot better :)

Looking very good, Razzi! :tmb:
thank you Titia :) I'm very happy I have a acclaim from you :hug:

This looks great!
It must have taken alot of work with the unofficial level editor.
It is not so hard. I think TRLE / NGLE is harder :)

madtong
21-07-09, 22:07
Really nice pictures !!! Great job:tmb:

Tyhokan
21-07-09, 23:14
Yay DXtre! :yah:

Beautiful screens, looks really nice and unique.

Razzi
22-07-09, 10:25
Really nice pictures !!! Great job:tmb:

Yay DXtre! :yah:

Beautiful screens, looks really nice and unique.

Thanks guys :)

*PH*
26-07-09, 11:07
really like the screenshots

Razzi
27-07-09, 18:12
really like the screenshots

Thank you so much, PH :)

I've finally made a Main outfit for these levels. I really like it. It is classic outfit in Underworld style inspired by this image by Scia (http://i32.************/126brxu.jpg).
I just recolored Po Yu's Underworld remake and the result is :

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/outfit.jpg?t=1248718040

I don't know but maybe I'll make a top a bit more blueish. Maybe you think the backpack is a bit bright but I want a classic outfit and the backpack on classic outfit (by Core) is a bright too. What do you think?

Tyhokan
27-07-09, 18:49
I actually really like the lighter back pack. Maybe you should lighten up the shorts and/or the boots as well? I feel like the 3 different browns don't quite work together. I think perhaps the shorts are a little to reddish. I like it though.

wdavid
27-07-09, 18:52
The outfit looks amazing Razzi;):tmb:..well done:tmb:

Razzi
27-07-09, 19:27
I actually really like the lighter back pack. Maybe you should lighten up the shorts and/or the boots as well? I feel like the 3 different browns don't quite work together. I think perhaps the shorts are a little to reddish. I like it though.

You think make it like backpack? both? I can try that and post a screenie :)

The outfit looks amazing Razzi;):tmb:..well done:tmb:

thank you ;)

-Roli-
27-07-09, 19:29
Thank you so much, PH :)

I've finally made a Main outfit for these levels. I really like it. It is classic outfit in Underworld style inspired by this image by Scia (http://i32.************/126brxu.jpg).
I just recolored Po Yu's Underworld remake and the result is :

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/outfit.jpg?t=1248718040

I don't know but maybe I'll make a top a bit more blueish. Maybe you think the backpack is a bit bright but I want a classic outfit and the backpack on classic outfit (by Core) is a bright too. What do you think?

Amazing! :yik: Cant wait to see ingame! ;)

Razzi
27-07-09, 19:52
I think, now it's even better, don't you think? :) But I always think about the top. I think I should make it brigther. What do you think? A bit like Po Yu's Anniversary Re-New ?

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/outfit-v2.jpg?t=1248724331

Tyhokan
27-07-09, 20:27
OH that looks awesome! I kind of like the top the way it is now. But you can defenetly experiment with it. Nice work.

Seth94
27-07-09, 20:28
Nice outfit! :tmb:

Po Yu
27-07-09, 20:39
I like colors on backpack, short and boots.
but maybe light up the top as well? I personally think the color on her top now is a bit dark compared with her short, boot and backpack.
anyway, it still looks nice. :)

Kapu
27-07-09, 20:40
I think, now it's even better, don't you think? :) But I always think about the top. I think I should make it brigther. What do you think? A bit like Po Yu's Anniversary Re-New ?

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/outfit-v2.jpg?t=1248724331

Nice color mod. The only thing I don't like is the backpack. I think it would look better if you changed it back to black.

Razzi
28-07-09, 09:59
OH that looks awesome! I kind of like the top the way it is now. But you can defenetly experiment with it. Nice work.

I like colors on backpack, short and boots.
but maybe light up the top as well? I personally think the color on her top now is a bit dark compared with her short, boot and backpack.
anyway, it still looks nice. :)

Nice color mod. The only thing I don't like is the backpack. I think it would look better if you changed it back to black.

Nice outfit! :tmb:

Oh my God, guys. :D One of you like this, other one that. That's hard to decide. Well, Kapu, I won't change the backpack into black again, because I want it brown - it's classic outfit. And Po Yu - it is very awesome to get a advice from you, so I have already tried that. Result is bellow. And I can say I like it more than before. What do you think? :)

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/outfit-v3.jpg?t=1248775168

LaraRules81
28-07-09, 10:13
It looks really good! Great work :tmb:

Po Yu
28-07-09, 10:39
Oh my God, guys. :D One of you like this, other one that. That's hard to decide. Well, Kapu, I won't change the backpack into black again, because I want it brown - it's classic outfit. And Po Yu - it is very awesome to get a advice from you, so I have already tried that. Result is bellow. And I can say I like it more than before. What do you think? :)

I also like it more than before. and I think brown backpack is good, but I think you should keep those little metal thing on texture in sliver(gray).

Razzi
28-07-09, 13:37
I also like it more than before. and I think brown backpack is good, but I think you should keep those little metal thing on texture in sliver(gray).

you think also the circle in the middle? that should be brown, does it? And I will also replace the head with your new one :)

Po Yu
28-07-09, 13:57
you think also the circle in the middle? that should be brown, does it? And I will also replace the head with your new one :)
oh, well, I always think the circle in the middle is magnet because it can stick weapons in TRU. And replace the head would be better. :D but I also made her chest and shoulders wider, but the same textures. maybe you can just replace entire textures to my updated version in the end.

Peanut
28-07-09, 14:01
I love the outfit Razzi! :yik:

Razzi
28-07-09, 14:16
oh, well, I always think the circle in the middle is magnet because it can stick weapons in TRU. And replace the head would be better. :D but I also made her chest and shoulders wider, but the same textures. maybe you can just replace entire textures to my updated version in the end.

I think it wouldn't look good because the whole backpack is brown and a circle in the middle is gray? don't know. Also the thing above it is gray now.

I love the outfit Razzi! :yik:

Thank you :hug:

And I want to write something about the levels.
So, first one is Bolivia, no Mexico. It is similar architecture, so I want to have Bolivia. Lara goes there to meet someone - you'll see who it will be. And then you have to escape from the temple because of his/her armed forces. And then this location is over - so two levels - Meeting with XX/XY and The Escape. And then another location :)

And this is what I made. Picture of Lara is by Scia It's not made by me! I used it because it is awesome and it goes well with my game. :) Voilá!

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/mexico-1.jpg?t=1248791953

PullingApart
28-07-09, 16:12
^

Amazing :yik:

LaraRules81
28-07-09, 17:18
Lovely Razzi! :)

Razzi
28-07-09, 18:07
^

Amazing :yik:

Lovely Razzi! :)

I just created the picture - chain two pictures from net. And add the logo :D nothing special

wdavid
28-07-09, 18:13
Beautiful screen Razzi:tmb:

Razzi
28-07-09, 18:18
Beautiful screen Razzi:tmb:
It's not a screen :D it's just a picture :)

God Horus
29-07-09, 00:13
I love it! Great picture :D

wdavid
29-07-09, 05:53
It's not a screen :D it's just a picture :)

hehe..indeed:D

Razzi
29-07-09, 15:56
The outfit is just finished, so I'm able to use it in my game. But, there's a problem - I can't use it. Dxtre3D doesn't like it. When I made from a wad a base level and then open it in Dx, textures of objects are horrible - simple I don't know what to do - if someone knows, let me know how to fix this "small" problem.
At the moment I'm using the other Po Yu's outfit. I will try to fix it, but don't know when it will be. So, the bad news :(

Peanut
29-07-09, 16:19
Please tell me you didnt add textures in the Wad of the level using Stripx... because if you did.. You are going to have to delete alot of things! But if you retextured only the textures that are already there then thats allright..

Razzi
29-07-09, 16:23
Please tell me you didnt add textures in the Wad of the level using Stripx... because if you did.. You are going to have to delete alot of things! But if you retextured only the textures that are already there then thats allright..

No there is no problem with TRLE/NGLE just with Dx because it hates this outfit. But I have one idea, I'm going to try it =D

Kapu
29-07-09, 16:36
I think the outfit is one of the least important features in the game. I hope you're able to fix it, but if you can't and end up using a different outfit I really won't mind at all.

Kikiloco
29-07-09, 17:46
The outfit is just finished, so I'm able to use it in my game. But, there's a problem - I can't use it. Dxtre3D doesn't like it. When I made from a wad a base level and then open it in Dx, textures of objects are horrible - simple I don't know what to do - if someone knows, let me know how to fix this "small" problem.

Somtimes the textures in dxtre3d or in fexmerger dosent look correct but in game it looks Ok, did you check that?

From your wad do you compile the tr4 and use that as base or do you use fexmerger for extract the lara object into your own custom base file?

Razzi
29-07-09, 17:57
I think the outfit is one of the least important features in the game. I hope you're able to fix it, but if you can't and end up using a different outfit I really won't mind at all.

Well, your opinion. Mine is different.

Somtimes the textures in dxtre3d or in fexmerger dosent look correct but in game it looks Ok, did you check that?

From your wad do you compile the tr4 and use that as base or do you use fexmerger for extract the lara object into your own custom base file?

Yes I tried that but it looks bad at all. And I used wads, then covert with tomb2pc not fexmerger

Scia
29-07-09, 22:26
And this is what I made. Picture of Lara is by Scia It's not made by me! I used it because it is awesome and it goes well with my game. :) Voilá!

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/mexico-1.jpg?t=1248791953

Beautiful composition! I can't believe you actually found a picture that the colors on Lara work with. Great job :D

Tyhokan
29-07-09, 22:38

I kind of agree, sure it's one of the things that will be on screen the whole time, but not the most important thing in the game. Razzi, I understand your frustration, I think I had problems with outfits that were too detailed in Dxtre before. I'm pretty sure it was because I had badly exported the wad though.

Have you tried adding the outfit to your level after exporting it from DXtre? I know it's not quite as nice as working with the outfit while testing your level, but you can just use an other outfit during that time. Once your level is finished, you can just switch the outfit in the final .tr4 file.

Also I was wondering how much of your level is done? Perhaps you can deal with the outfit later and work on the level instead? :)

Your outfit does look really nice and I would love to see it in your level. However, your level is looking so good right now that I would hate to see you get caught up in outfit issues. It would be amazing too see some now screens instead.

Keep up the great work!

Kikiloco
29-07-09, 22:40
Yes I tried that but it looks bad at all. And I used wads, then covert with tomb2pc not fexmerger

Ok, then when you compile in dxtre3d, in the log windows, tell me the amount textures ids it reports.

PeeT10
29-07-09, 22:58
Really COOL Razzi! :)
Screens look amazing.

Kapu
30-07-09, 00:43
Well, your opinion. Mine is different.

My friend, if the outfit is really that important to the game then it must be because the gamplay sucks. :) And I highly, highly doubt that.

Razzi
30-07-09, 14:13
Beautiful composition! I can't believe you actually found a picture that the colors on Lara work with. Great job :D

Thank you, your picture is amazing, you know it :)

I kind of agree, sure it's one of the things that will be on screen the whole time, but not the most important thing in the game. Razzi, I understand your frustration, I think I had problems with outfits that were too detailed in Dxtre before. I'm pretty sure it was because I had badly exported the wad though.

Have you tried adding the outfit to your level after exporting it from DXtre? I know it's not quite as nice as working with the outfit while testing your level, but you can just use an other outfit during that time. Once your level is finished, you can just switch the outfit in the final .tr4 file.

Also I was wondering how much of your level is done? Perhaps you can deal with the outfit later and work on the level instead? :)

Your outfit does look really nice and I would love to see it in your level. However, your level is looking so good right now that I would hate to see you get caught up in outfit issues. It would be amazing too see some now screens instead.

Keep up the great work!

I will resolve this big mystery - I think Dx has some low limits for meshes or textures and the other it ignores. I really would like to use this outfit because I like it sooo much, but if not, then I'll use the another one. Who cares? It is Lara at all.

Ok, then when you compile in dxtre3d, in the log windows, tell me the amount textures ids it reports.

You mean this?
Total Texture IDs for meshes 4096 ?? Is there some limit? I don't know.

Really COOL Razzi! :)
Screens look amazing.

My friend, if the outfit is really that important to the game then it must be because the gamplay sucks. :) And I highly, highly doubt that.

Yes, but it does look strange when you make a Next-Gen level with really high-res textures and use the LQ Lara model, you know...

Kikiloco
30-07-09, 22:07
You mean this?
Total Texture IDs for meshes 4096 ?? Is there some limit? I don't know.

wait, you mean 4096 just for meshes?, dam you! your WAD is so overloaded!,

The limit is 4095 for all, that include textures for rooms, movables, static mesh, sprites, animated textures, etc. That was the limit for tr1-tr3 games which dxtre3d must have to support, i guess Turbo pascal was wrong with tr4 limits if THAT WAD compile and looks ok in LE. You pretend to have a WAD with all nice objects your found out there do you.

You can keep using your outfit if you delete from your WAD some movables and static meshs, be sure you let enough available textures id for when you start texturing your room, so try to be no more than 4095 textures ids as TOTAL, (mesh textures + room textures).

Razzi
31-07-09, 09:19
4095 for all? alright, I can try to "rebuild" my wad and maybe retexture the outfit a bit - use less textures to make it working.
Also I'm building my own objects and I don't use lot of textures, so I think there shouldn't be a problem. I have to try that. :)

Razzi
31-07-09, 20:54
So, I decided I won't use that outfit. I wonder if someone wants it. Because then my work is bootless. So if someone wants it, just write.

PLEASE sorry for double post

Peanut
31-07-09, 20:58
Oh Please Release It! :D

Razzi
31-07-09, 21:04
If you want it, just download it bellow. All meshes and textures are by Po Yu. I just change all of colors to look it classic. :) If you want to use it, credit Po Yu and Razzi (me; for that small work I did).
DOWNLOAD ME (http://www.sendspace.com/file/2v3pqv)

Razzi
03-08-09, 19:13
It is my update time! So read carefully :)
I'm still building the Bolivia/Mexico themed level. I had no inspiration what to build, but now it is better. I was a bit sick of the level editing, but now it's ok.
So, news: I made one screenshot for you. Nothing new, just a dark cave with some architecture. Yeah, how interesting. SO here it is.

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/th_03.jpg (http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/03.jpg?t=1249326755)

I hope you'll like it. Screenshot was added to the first post too.

Oups, sorry for double post, I haven't seen it :(

Laras Boyfr.
03-08-09, 19:15
So, I decided I won't use that outfit. I wonder if someone wants it. Because then my work is bootless. So if someone wants it, just write.

PLEASE sorry for double post

i like it too!!!!!
the top is very cool

wdavid
03-08-09, 19:18
I love it Razzi:D
The texturing is beautiful and the lighting makes it very atmospheric;)

Peanut
03-08-09, 19:36
That level is Looking Great! :D

toby_13
03-08-09, 20:06
Really nice! :cln:

Seth94
03-08-09, 20:35
Nice work Razzi! :tmb:

Razzi
10-08-09, 12:11
Really nice! :cln:

That level is Looking Great! :D

I love it Razzi:D
The texturing is beautiful and the lighting makes it very atmospheric;)

Nice work Razzi! :tmb:

Thank you very much!

I don't build levels these days, because I don't have time for it. I made a birthday present with my friends for one friend (it's a T-Shirt with our photos) and I'm going out for a pizza or just for a walk. So I didn't build anything.
Still - Bolivia level is in progress. I have a few rooms with lighting, textures. And also new outfit for this level. I love it so much! It is TR3-Nevada-inspired outfit with the newest Po Yu's head. You can see image bellow. Everything is done by Po Yu.
http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/outfit-1.jpg
I thought about the another outfits, so every location will have another outfit. I thought also about locations - 6 locations, so 5 chapters. I can tell you about enviroments so:

1. City levels - waiting
2. Underwater levels - waiting
3. South America levels - under construction now
4. Africa levels - waiting
5. Egypt levels - waiting

Titak
10-08-09, 14:11
That Nevada style outfit will fit into several of your locations. :D
It looks good!
Same goes for that recoloured TRU outfit. :D

God Horus
10-08-09, 16:38
I like it! :tmb: The pants are my favorite :D

*PH*
10-08-09, 17:45
the outfit looks great!:cln:

Phys
10-08-09, 17:53
Nice screen Razzi! Looking good :tmb:

I like the outfit too! I'll have to have a go at changing meshes on outfits. I'd like something unique that might better suit to one of my levels :D

-Roli-
10-08-09, 18:18
Love these outfits, your work is amazing :tmb: :hug:

Razzi
10-08-09, 20:44
That Nevada style outfit will fit into several of your locations. :D
It looks good!
Same goes for that recoloured TRU outfit. :D

I like it! :tmb: The pants are my favorite :D

the outfit looks great!:cln:

Nice screen Razzi! Looking good :tmb:

I like the outfit too! I'll have to have a go at changing meshes on outfits. I'd like something unique that might better suit to one of my levels :D

Love these outfits, your work is amazing :tmb: :hug:

I have build a little tonight, so here is what I have built. It is a screenie from Bolivia

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/th_04.jpg (http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/04.jpg?t=1249936929)

-Roli-
10-08-09, 20:45
Great looking level :cln::jmp:

Peanut
10-08-09, 20:46
You have some very nice outfit Remaps! :D Well Done! :D

ViNi__
10-08-09, 20:59
ooo nice screen :cln:

PullingApart
11-08-09, 01:47
Razzi, check your PM

Razzi
11-08-09, 17:27
Great looking level :cln::jmp:

You have some very nice outfit Remaps! :D Well Done! :D

ooo nice screen :cln:

Thank you, guys :)

Razzi, check your PM
Yes, thanks for the picture, I will definetly try that and send you the result via PM.

I changed the picture of water room - it is the old picture - so here it is. I just added waterfalls.

OLD: http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/th_02.jpg (http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/02.jpg) NEW: http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/th_05.jpg (http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/05.jpg)

PullingApart
11-08-09, 17:38
looks great!:tmb:
I love the waterfalls you addded!

Razzi
13-08-09, 15:33
I have finally finished first of five parts of first level - it is called Welcoming :D well, now I started building another part of the first level. It is still Bolivia level. Here is the last screenshot I'll show you from this level. So enjoy and what do you think?
http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/th_06.jpg (http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/06.jpg)

Kapu
13-08-09, 15:36
Awesome atmoshpere, Roli. :tmb:

Out of curiosity, what headmesh are you using?

EDIT: Oh whoops, I meant Razzi!! Sorry Razzi and Roli. lol

Razzi
13-08-09, 16:14
Awesome atmoshpere, Roli. :tmb:

Out of curiosity, what headmesh are you using?

I use Po Yu's newest head mesh and btw I'm Razzi not Roli :D

KurtisandLara
13-08-09, 16:18
:vlol: I get you 2 confused sometimes on a quick glance of the name...I've learned to watch your avatars (DONT CHANGE IT!)
I agree the atmosphere looks great so far and i really like the textures :)

Kapu
13-08-09, 16:25

Oh God, I'm sorry! :o I got up way too early this morning considering to how late I went to bed! My mind is a little out of it! lol

-Roli-
13-08-09, 16:27
LOL nice one! :vlol:

Btw i love the screen Razzi :)

Kevin
13-08-09, 16:29
Nice Screen. It has a good atmosphere. :tmb:

trlestew
13-08-09, 16:32
The lighting is perfect :tmb:

God Horus
13-08-09, 17:22
Beautiful! :hug:

wdavid
13-08-09, 17:55
Beautiful screen Razzi:tmb::D

Razzi
13-08-09, 18:49
:vlol: I get you 2 confused sometimes on a quick glance of the name...I've learned to watch your avatars (DONT CHANGE IT!)
I agree the atmosphere looks great so far and i really like the textures :)

Really? I don't think "Razzi" and "Roli" sounds common. But if you think. I see I'm a neighbour with Roli - he is from Hungary me from Slovakia :D Btw thank you :)

Oh God, I'm sorry! :o I got up way too early this morning considering to how late I went to bed! My mind is a little out of it! lol

Don't worry about that :)

LOL nice one! :vlol:

Btw i love the screen Razzi :)

Nice Screen. It has a good atmosphere. :tmb:

The lighting is perfect :tmb:

Beautiful! :hug:

Beautiful screen Razzi:tmb::D

Thank you guys :)

DeanWinchester
13-08-09, 18:55
It's beatiful! Nice work! Thanks for sharring! ;):D:jmp:

KurtisandLara
13-08-09, 20:28
Razzi quick question :o...
This is the first time your using the TRLE right, not DXTR3D or whateva its called.

Tyhokan
13-08-09, 20:48
He is useing DXtre3D for this levelset, it says so in the first post. Looks like he's building pretty fast too. Nice job Razzi :)

Razzi
13-08-09, 20:48
It's beatiful! Nice work! Thanks for sharring! ;):D:jmp:
Thank you so much :)

Razzi quick question :o...
This is the first time your using the TRLE right, not DXTR3D or whateva its called.
No :D I use Dxtre3D or whateva it's called. Exactly Dx editor, the unofficial one :)

He is useing DXtre3D for this levelset, it says so in the first post. Looks like he's building pretty fast too. Nice job Razzi :)
Yes, exactly so :) And I don't build so fast I don't think :D And thank you :)

Tyhokan
13-08-09, 20:52
And I don't build so fast I don't think :D And thank you :)

Well, you have been updating us on a regular bases, so I figure you have a nice pace going. For all I know you could have built only 5 rooms I guess:p

Razzi
13-08-09, 21:09
Well, you have been updating us on a regular bases, so I figure you have a nice pace going. For all I know you could have built only 5 rooms I guess:p

Well I have just a few rooms. I build so slow I think

KurtisandLara
13-08-09, 21:30
OOH i tried using that once but it didnt like me very well :o.

Razzi
13-08-09, 21:49
OOH i tried using that once but it didnt like me very well :o.

I don't know why you think Dx is so hard to do with. I really have no idea

KurtisandLara
14-08-09, 00:02
Me niether, i tried to stack a room and it worked. i tried it again with the exact same heights and al but it didnt work. If i could figure it out better i would use it :) i really want to make a tr3 or tr2 type game.

Seth94
14-08-09, 10:17
Lovely screen Razzi. :tmb:

MadCroy101
14-08-09, 16:43
Looking good! I hope this works out, definatly, I really wanna play!:D

Razzi
23-08-09, 18:12
Hiya!
I have one screenie for you. Please ignore the wrong braid I have to change it. I've also changed the headmesh - now I'm using Trangel's one - from his TR Origins outfit.
I'm thinking about the outfits for the other levels and I can't decide. So I have to think more. The short outfit will be the same as Bolivia Explorer one but no pants - shorts. Also the wetsuit is needed for underwater level.
Well enjoy the screenshot - added to first post too.

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/th_07.jpg (http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/07.jpg)

wdavid
23-08-09, 18:24
very nice screen Razzi:tmb: i like the lighting;):D

God Horus
23-08-09, 18:48
The new headmesh fits really well :tmb:

ViNi__
23-08-09, 18:58
sweet! :D
all that fits very well in a very nice way :D

Razzi
23-08-09, 20:29
Lovely screen Razzi. :tmb:

Looking good! I hope this works out, definatly, I really wanna play!:D

very nice screen Razzi:tmb: i like the lighting;):D

sweet! :D
all that fits very well in a very nice way :D

The new headmesh fits really well :tmb:

Thank you, guys. Tomorrow I will start building big-cave area ;)

Razzi
03-09-09, 16:08
I have updated outfits for this game - TRAngel's newest mesh and black&white pants for bolivia outfit and new - limegreen-black wetsuit for underwater levels. Also added to first post.

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/outfit1.jpg
http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/outfit2.jpg

-Roli-
03-09-09, 16:10
Very nice outfits, i love this wetsuit :D
Great job!!! :hug:

God Horus
03-09-09, 16:22
The wetsuit is very pretty, and I love the black pants on the other outfit. Trangel's head looks amazing on the outfit, great work!

Shauni
03-09-09, 19:10
Hiya!
I have one screenie for you. Please ignore the wrong braid I have to change it. I've also changed the headmesh - now I'm using Trangel's one - from his TR Origins outfit.
I'm thinking about the outfits for the other levels and I can't decide. So I have to think more. The short outfit will be the same as Bolivia Explorer one but no pants - shorts. Also the wetsuit is needed for underwater level.
Well enjoy the screenshot - added to first post too.

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/th_07.jpg (http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/07.jpg)
This screenshot give me that classic TR3 feeling for some reason :D Looks great! :tmb:

disapearing-boy
05-09-09, 12:58
I love your screens! The bars on the ceilings are very effective, it's nice to see some sky in a dark temple, gives the feeling of an outside world, so you feel oddly more claustrophobic being trapped indoors looking out.:D

(in tr1 caves i spent hours trying to jump up to those skylights in the ceiling to get out! i was quite young though)

Also getting glimpses of places you've been or are going to be later is always fun.:)

Titak
05-09-09, 18:19
Also getting glimpses of places you've been or are going to be later is always fun.:)Seconded! :tmb:

Razzi
20-09-09, 17:30
I have finally decided which one outfit I will use. Voilá here it is :)
http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/outfit1-1.jpg

Do you like it? Me yes! Colors are from Pacific outfit (or maybe Young Lara outfit colors). Also the weapon - bow - I will use it in Bolivia levels. :)

And also the screenshot of my current level:
http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/th_08.jpg (http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/08.jpg)

Seth94
20-09-09, 17:33
looks excellent! :tmb: Well done. :)

laralives
20-09-09, 17:33
I love the screen~! Not so sure about the outfit. It looks to simple for my taste. :o

Razzi
20-09-09, 17:34
looks excellent! :tmb: Well done. :)

I love the screen~! Not so sure about the outfit. It looks to simple for my taste. :o
Thanks and outfit : exactly what I wanted : the simple outfit for young Lara. :)

Tyhokan
20-09-09, 17:48
Awesome screen, as usual :tmb: and, Oh My Banana Cake, I love the Bow. That's a really cool weapon.

God Horus
20-09-09, 17:51
I love it! Very beautiful and simple outfit :D

PullingApart
20-09-09, 19:12
I love it!
The outfit is simple but it seems unique!

Razzi
20-09-09, 19:33
Awesome screen, as usual :tmb: and, Oh My Banana Cake, I love the Bow. That's a really cool weapon.

I love it! Very beautiful and simple outfit :D

I love it!
The outfit is simple but it seems unique!

And the Bow is from Trangel's TROrigins outfit. :)

*PH*
20-09-09, 20:45
Love the outfit

Razzi
23-09-09, 06:32
Love the outfit

wdavid
23-09-09, 07:26
Very nice screenshot Razzi;)

Razzi
30-09-09, 17:20
The Level is going very well I think. So I want to write that I will make 3 or 4 levels (3 + one crossroad) in Bolivia location. So that means I have a lot of work. :D
Here - one screenshot of area I'm making. Lighting and textures are done I think and objects and gameplay not yet. So I just began this area.

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/th_09.jpg (http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/09.jpg)

TR FAN 18
30-09-09, 19:27
Great start! The lighting makes that area look atmospheric. :tmb:

KurtisandLara
30-09-09, 19:34
Looks very nice Razzi :tmb:
Can't wait to see it fully built :).

ViNi__
30-09-09, 22:13
nice screen :cln:
that fallen column on the left sure was a great touch! :tmb:

Peanut
01-10-09, 12:30
That looks like one great Screen Razzi! :D

*PH*
01-10-09, 15:59
nice screenshot, i like how the outfit looks ingame a lot

wdavid
01-10-09, 19:09
Nice screen Razzi!:tmb: The lighting makes it very atmospheric;):D

Seth94
01-10-09, 21:06
Great screen Razzi. :tmb:

Razzi
25-02-10, 21:04
Well, hello!
I haven't been working on my levels for some long time. But now I'm ready to take a chance a build some new levels.
You need to know, that I changed the name of the level set, I'm working on - from The Seventh Kingdom to Nox et Solitudo what means in latin night and solitude. It's the name of the collection of poems by one slovak author. I love that name, so I decided to use it.
For now, I'm working on the Egypt levels - there will be three egypt levels and then another locations. I don't have any screenshots, but I have the new outfit which I think really does fit the location and it's neutral. Credits go to Po Yu and TRAngel. So here it is. What do you think? Do ya like it? Me yes :)

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/001-4.png

Of course you can put here some comments :) I'll be glad :)

Titak
25-02-10, 21:30
Good looking outfit! :tmb:

I like the black short on the brown shorts. :D

Btw, how are Lara's holsters attached to her belt?
Can't see it in the screenshot...

spooky_shadow
25-02-10, 22:29
Well, hello!
I haven't been working on my levels for some long time. But now I'm ready to take a chance a build some new levels.
You need to know, that I changed the name of the level set, I'm working on - from The Seventh Kingdom to Nox et Solitudo what means in latin night and solitude. It's the name of the collection of poems by one slovak author. I love that name, so I decided to use it.
For now, I'm working on the Egypt levels - there will be three egypt levels and then another locations. I don't have any screenshots, but I have the new outfit which I think really does fit the location and it's neutral. Credits go to Po Yu and TRAngel. So here it is. What do you think? Do ya like it? Me yes :)

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/001-4.png

Of course you can put here some comments :) I'll be glad :)

May we download your wonderful outfit? :)

God Horus
25-02-10, 22:33
I love it! :)

Razzi
26-02-10, 14:28
Good looking outfit! :tmb:

I like the black short on the brown shorts. :D

Btw, how are Lara's holsters attached to her belt?
Can't see it in the screenshot...

Thank you :) And holsters are not connected with belt - I should work on it. :)

May we download your wonderful outfit? :)

For now probably not - actually it is Po Yu's Dark Raider outfit with shorts recolored, new backpack textures (by Po Yu too) and the new head and braid (both by TRAngel) So you can make it yourself too. :)

I love it! :)

Underworld2008
26-02-10, 14:30
screens look nice. I like the newer dark outfit!

Razzi
26-02-10, 14:31
screens look nice. I like the newer dark outfit!

-Roli-
26-02-10, 14:32
I like it too, especially the gloves and the head :D

Razzi
26-02-10, 14:41
I like it too, especially the gloves and the head :D

I love the classic gloves so I decided to use them in levels. And the head is looking very great made I think! :)

Razzi
28-02-10, 21:18
I made the first area - it's the first part of the big outside area around the temple where the first levels are located. This screenshot shows just the geometry, objects and textures placed here. Lighting is not finished.
Also I need to know your opinion - night or bright day. I wanted the night - it could be amazing - Egypt in the night. Well, please - your opinions to the screenshot and also to this question.

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/wip.jpg

PS: sorry for double post :(

-Roli-
28-02-10, 21:21
First, its beautiful :D And I prefer the night version better :)

Shakira Croft
28-02-10, 22:08
It's really beaitiful !

As you said, night-time could be amazing !

Kapu
28-02-10, 22:25
Looks gorgeous, Roli! I bet nighttime would look good, but personally I love the blue sky and big clouds.

Titak
28-02-10, 23:22
I also like this daylight. :D

I imagine it being blazing hot out there... and dusty, with sand flying around, sticking to your skin.
And then indoors it will be darker, with a more blueish lighting so it will look cool. A nice contrast with the hot outside.

... never mind... letting my mind wander. :D

matrix54
01-03-10, 00:52
2 problems: its too hot in egypt to wear black :p and the water is to dark aswell.

Shauni
01-03-10, 00:57
How about sunset or something? It'd look hot, but you can also have some areas kinda dark if you want. ^_^ I like the room a lot, reminds me of a new or remade TR4 hehe :)

Razzi
16-03-10, 12:34
Well, I've chosen the daylight for egypt. Already changed the black top on outfit to the classic one. So I think it does look good. I have a question to you. Should I use these outfits I made some time ago? Please answer me :)

Casual - shorts
http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/outfit2-1.jpg

Casual - pants
http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/outfit3.jpg

Winter
http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/outfit1-2.jpg

Dunnut7
16-03-10, 12:46
You made the right choice for choosing daylight!

And for the Outfits, I would choose Casual - Shorts!

-Roli-
16-03-10, 13:17
Winter explorer - OMG! This outfit needs for meeee :D

Dunnut7
16-03-10, 13:19
Doesn't really fit in a Egypt level, right?:) She would melt to death:eek: Although I really love that Outfit;)

Razzi
16-03-10, 14:06
no, no, no! That winter outfit was made for a winter location, not for an egypt level! Casual outfit was made for egypt level. The pants outfit and winter outfit were made for another locations.

Well, for egypt which one is the best?
this?
http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/outfit2-1.jpg

or this?
http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/002-1.jpg

wdavid
16-03-10, 14:13
I prefer the second one:D

Dunnut7
16-03-10, 14:20
Sorry, Razzi, must have overread something:D

I prefer the second one to!

-Roli-
16-03-10, 14:25
Second one :D

God Horus
16-03-10, 14:58
Definitely the second one! The first one is nice but it looks so dark and depressing :o

AgentXP
16-03-10, 18:15
Second one :D

Edit: I like the sleeves, it gives a nice twist on the classic outfit :tmb:

danjodan
16-03-10, 18:18
Is the unofficial editor better graphics than original editor

ersel
16-03-10, 18:19
i think,second body,first head.

Peanut
16-03-10, 22:53
I prefer the second one, It looks very Classic like. :D

mac1
16-03-10, 22:58
I really like all the screens Razzi :D especially the Egyptian architecture :)

Razzi
02-04-10, 15:05
Alright, I've decided to use the 'classic outfit'.

Now, the screenshot time. Here you can see my egypt screenshot. Also first post updated. Comments?

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/th_s-001.jpg (http://s590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/?action=view&current=s-001.jpg)

Shakira Croft
02-04-10, 15:10
Look amazing :tmb:

I don't really like the outfit :p

The lighting look very good just add some blue in the pool

Dunnut7
02-04-10, 15:18
Razzi, that looks amazing!:eek:

I do like the outfit:tmb: If she would wear black, she would melt to death:o

You're really talented, I see! I have no critic at all:D

Razzi
02-04-10, 20:34
Look amazing :tmb:

I don't really like the outfit :p

The lighting look very good just add some blue in the pool

Razzi, that looks amazing!:eek:

I do like the outfit:tmb: If she would wear black, she would melt to death:o

You're really talented, I see! I have no critic at all:D

Thank you so much :)
Actually I'm not sure I will use this outfit-model in this game. Do you want some other outfit to be used in this game? So please nominate some outfits I could use. But I can't use Trangel's new outfits because they're not compatible with Dxtre3D editor. I have an idea to use the old TRLE outfit with hands fixed and with better guns. What do you think? or tell me what outfit should I use ?

Peanut
02-04-10, 21:42
That looks amazing. I love the outfit. :)

Shakira Croft
02-04-10, 21:48
Casual shorts looks very good :D

Titak
03-04-10, 09:49
Alright, I've decided to use the 'classic outfit'.

Now, the screenshot time. Here you can see my egypt screenshot. Also first post updated. Comments?

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/th_s-001.jpg (http://s590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/?action=view&current=s-001.jpg)
Looking very good! :tmb:
I like the outfit too.

I think it could have a bit more of an orangy lighting to it, since the sky is so orange. It'll enhance the sunset feeling I think.

The lighting look very good just add some blue in the poolAs much as I like adding a hint of blue or green whenever I make water, in this case I think a more orangy colour would suit. So it would be like the water is reflecting the orange sky above, like real water always does.
Not too much ofcourse, just a hint of orange. :D

maax87
03-04-10, 12:17
amazing. everything fits together perfectly.
More orangy lights is a good idea :tmb:

Razzi
31-05-10, 20:07
Thank you for compliments, guys :)
Actually I haven't been working on this level set for a while. But I have changed the outfit (again) - now I'm using Trangel's new Underworld pistols and Po Yu's modified Anniversary outfit. You can see some screenshots taken with this outfit.
I have changed the horizont too :)

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/th_001-5.jpg (http://s590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/?action=view&current=001-5.jpg) http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/th_002-2.jpg (http://s590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/?action=view&current=002-2.jpg)

Peanut
31-05-10, 20:14
That looks amazing.
I love it all and the new outfit looks very nice it suits the level too. :tmb:
I would just suggest adding a bit of orange/yellow/gold to the lighting to suit the Egyptian desert style. ;)

Just my point of view, everything else looks amazing though. :eek:

Underhoe
31-05-10, 20:21
Wow, this is amazing indeed! I really like the geometry and texturing, but the lighting looks kinda boring to me. It's really bland and colorless. Try to make it a bit golder as Peanut said.:tmb:

God Horus
31-05-10, 20:27
It looks great. You change the outfit A LOT. I think it is probably going to change several more times before it is released.

Great work though! :hug:

*PH*
31-05-10, 20:36
oooh awesome, looks like a great egypt level

wdavid
01-06-10, 05:00
Nice work Razzi:tmb: It has a very great egyptian atmosphere:D

Seilion
01-06-10, 08:37
Lokks great :) I just think the water could be a bit more blue ;)

Razzi
21-07-10, 20:59
Hi!
I just want to say that I'm still alive :tea: .
I just had a break because I'm learning TRLE again! And I'm surprised because I'm learning pretty fast - I know how to build a room, how to texture it, light it and connect two rooms. It's pretty hard - especially texturing and the grid system of walls - you can't move the horizontal lines on the walls in Dxtre3D (I was using it before). And the texturing and especially lighting is in the official editor very different.
Well, I just want to show you one screenshot. It's just my testing screen because I'm still learning so do not expect any 'official' screenshot in these times.
Here it is - I just wanted to try to light the egyptian room and texture it. I hope I did it correctly :) Any comments are welcome :)

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/1-10.jpg?t=1279745530

Dunnut7
21-07-10, 21:03
Looks great!:tmb:

But what do you mean by 'learning' if you just posted beautiful screenshots?

Razzi
21-07-10, 21:07
Looks great!:tmb:

But what do you mean by 'learning' if you just posted beautiful screenshots?

Well I plan to learn making some objects in meta - I've already made some railings and stairs objects and columns as well but I plan to make some military/base level and it needs lots of objects.
I think I got under control texturing and lighting and geometry of course but still I might learn how to add some triggers, cameras and the other things. There are lots of things I must learn :)

EDIT: And btw - the screenshot up here is the first one made in TRLE - the others in this thread were made in Dxtre3D - the unofficial editor developed by Turbopascal :)

Dunnut7
21-07-10, 21:10
I thought you allready were an expert:p
But what's the difference between the LE and the Unofficial LE?

Razzi
21-07-10, 21:19
I thought you allready were an expert:p
But what's the difference between the LE and the Unofficial LE?

There are lots of differences - I can't tell you any - but TRLE is better I think - better lighting system and texturing as well - and Dxtre3D have some bugs - sometimes geometry is very wrong - Lara gets stuck into it and you can't even use some pretty very nice effects - some flipeffects are not in Dxtre3D etc.
And the unofficial editor was just released on the www.dxtre3d.com and it was made by a TR fan not by a Core design crew.
And the biggest difference - Dxtre3D creates levels for all 'classic' Tomb Raider starting with TR1 and ending with Chronicles.

Dunnut7
21-07-10, 21:22
Thanks for explaining:)
So I'll stick with the LE, then;) This is the part you don't care about, so feel free not to read it! But I'm only going to make a level from the TR3 Remake and a big levelset my own and then I'll leave the LE forever..

But why would you ever use the Unofficial LE if the LE is better?

Razzi
21-07-10, 21:25
Thanks for explaining:)
So I'll stick with the LE, then;) This is the part you don't care about, so feel free not to read it! But I'm only going to make a level from the TR3 Remake and a big levelset my own and then I'll leave the LE forever..

But why would you ever use the Unofficial LE if the LE is better?

I will leave the Building community once too :) It's great hobby but it needs lots of time and I don't have it. I understand you - one group project and one project of your own and then just the end - but I hope you will play my games even when you leave the LE :ton: :D

Dunnut7
21-07-10, 21:37
If you're releasing it soon enough! Then ofcourse! They look beautiful!
And I'm glad you understand me:)

[QUOTE=Razzi;4764099]It's great hobby but it needs lots of time and I don't have it./QUOTE]

Exactly! And what are we getting from this building? You're spending years getting a good level, but it's getting you nowhere:(

Razzi
21-07-10, 21:41
If you're releasing it soon enough! Then ofcourse! They look beautiful!
And I'm glad you understand me:)

Exactly! And what are we getting from this building? You're spending years getting a good level, but it's getting you nowhere:(

I have no level finished - just three rooms in NGLE so it won't be this year and I think it won't be the next year too :D I don't know - I build so slowly and I often take breaks ;)

Dunnut7
21-07-10, 21:46
^
That's okay. I don't think I'll be finished then either. And although I would be faster, I would still hang around the section of LE and then I can see when you're releasing your levelset;)

And I don't even have one room:eek:
Right now I'm working with the group project!

Razzi
21-07-10, 21:47
^
Right now I'm working with the group project!

And what levels are you working on? :)

Dunnut7
21-07-10, 21:54
And what level are you working on? :)

Corrected;)
I'm working on RX-Tech Mines. That's my favorite level:)

Razzi
21-07-10, 21:59
Corrected;)
I'm working on RX-Tech Mines. That's my favorite level:)

That's pretty hard level but it's great designed as well ! I love the mine cart and mutants. I remember playing it with no desert eagle ammo! :( It was really bad because the mutants could be easily killed with some shots from it. I had to use shotgun, damn those times were amazing!
So good luck with it :)
And do you know how to make a working mine cart in TRLE /NGLE ?. I know that in Dxtre3D there are some triggers for minecart but in NGLE? :confused:

going offline Zzz - it's midnight in my country

Dunnut7
21-07-10, 22:05
I love the Mine Cart and Mutants too! That's why it's my favorite level:pi:
And I never use the Desert Eagle. I never use other weapons. Just the Dual Pistols through the whole game:) And why do you say 'those times'? Aren't you playing it anymore?:( You deffo should!

And no, I don't know how to make it work. I allready asked, but it wasn't really clear. There was a level which had the Mine Cart (With the TR4 Engine), so maybe I could use that as sourch and change the Mesh with the TR3 one:)

Laras Dream
22-07-10, 08:10
There are lots of differences - I can't tell you any - but TRLE is better I think - better lighting system and texturing as well - and Dxtre3D have some bugs - sometimes geometry is very wrong - Lara gets stuck into it and you can't even use some pretty very nice effects - some flipeffects are not in Dxtre3D etc.
And the unofficial editor was just released on the www.dxtre3d.com (http://www.dxtre3d.com) and it was made by a TR fan not by a Core design crew.
And the biggest difference - Dxtre3D creates levels for all 'classic' Tomb Raider starting with TR1 and ending with Chronicles.
I think the texturing system in unofficial is better. :) Because it automatically fits to the tile and not streched. Also you can diagonal walls for TR3 and up. Altough I think its harder to make triggers. :p

wdavid
22-07-10, 08:16
^Yes it is much harder to make the triggers in DxTre3D:D This was the most hardest part that i've learned in that editor the other stuff was a piece of cake:D
Good luck with the LE ;):D

Dustie
22-07-10, 09:37
I think the texturing system in unofficial is better. :) Because it automatically fits to the tile and not streched.

This is actually a flaw when you want polished, detailed texturing, because DXTre3D can't change the height of tiles on walls.

Razzi
22-07-10, 10:02
I love the Mine Cart and Mutants too! That's why it's my favorite level:pi:
And I never use the Desert Eagle. I never use other weapons. Just the Dual Pistols through the whole game:) And why do you say 'those times'? Aren't you playing it anymore?:( You deffo should!

And no, I don't know how to make it work. I allready asked, but it wasn't really clear. There was a level which had the Mine Cart (With the TR4 Engine), so maybe I could use that as sourch and change the Mesh with the TR3 one:)

Those times - that's the times when I was younger and played TR3 for the first time. It was great! I replayed TR3 a few days ago and I really enjoyed it - sometimes I didn't know what should I do or where to go! :D

I think the texturing system in unofficial is better. :) Because it automatically fits to the tile and not streched. Also you can diagonal walls for TR3 and up. Altough I think its harder to make triggers. :p

When you make the grid in TRLE properly then texturing is very easy. And as for diagonal walls it's not great how it looks - you can go through them and slide them and that's not so good-looking. Yes - diagonal walls look good when Lara doesn't touch them - but if she does then it's worse. See images bellow. And btw you can make the "diagonal wall object' in meta and then use it in TRLE too am I right? So where's the problem?

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/th_3-6.jpg (http://s590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/?action=view&current=3-6.jpg) http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/th_4-1.jpg (http://s590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/?action=view&current=4-1.jpg)

^Yes it is much harder to make the triggers in DxTre3D:D This was the most hardest part that i've learned in that editor the other stuff was a piece of cake:D
Good luck with the LE ;):D

Triggers are the hardest part? I don't think so. When you can make it it's so easy. Just a few clicks and it's done. I have no idea how to make triggers in TRLE.

This is actually a flaw when you want polished, detailed texturing, because DXTre3D can't change the height of tiles on walls.

And that's what bounds the texturing in Dxtre3D.

Dunnut7
22-07-10, 10:06
Those times - that's the times when I was younger and played TR3 for the first time. It was great! I replayed TR3 a few days ago and I really enjoyed it - sometimes I didn't know what should I do or where to go! :D

When you make the grid in TRLE properly then texturing is very easy. And as for diagonal walls it's not great how it looks - you can go through them and slide them and that's not so good-looking. Yes - diagonal walls look good when Lara doesn't touch them - but if she does then it's worse. See images bellow. And btw you can make the "diagonal wall object' in meta and then use it in TRLE too am I right? So where's the problem?

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/th_3-6.jpg (http://s590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/?action=view&current=3-6.jpg) http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/th_4-1.jpg (http://s590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/?action=view&current=4-1.jpg)

I see. The Playstation version of TR3 crashed, so I bought one for the PC. And once I played a game, I remember everything and I don't like that. Now I know TR3 all out of my head without me wanting it.

And about that diagonal wall, I've seen that stupid bug before. And you can make a diagonal wall with Metasequoia, yes. And I think that if you make it with Meta, you can't go through it;)

Laras Dream
22-07-10, 11:03
Oh well. I use the official I REALLY like Dxtre3D. When FexEngine comes out, I will most likely switch to it. Seeing what its done so far. :) Everyone has their own opinion. ;)

Razzi
22-07-10, 11:29
I see. The Playstation version of TR3 crashed, so I bought one for the PC. And once I played a game, I remember everything and I don't like that. Now I know TR3 all out of my head without me wanting it.

And about that diagonal wall, I've seen that stupid bug before. And you can make a diagonal wall with Metasequoia, yes. And I think that if you make it with Meta, you can't go through it;)

Actually I won't use Dxtre3D anymore - 3 level sets is enough. Now I want to try TRLE :)

Oh well. I use the official I REALLY like Dxtre3D. When FexEngine comes out, I will most likely switch to it. Seeing what its done so far. :) Everyone has their own opinion. ;)

Sure! I want to try Fexengine too! Some pretty great features are made there! I just can't wait!

Kikiloco
22-07-10, 16:46

And that's what bounds the texturing in Dxtre3D.
[/quote]

Incredible you never learn how to do that in dxtre3d, Tile height of each tile in the wall is done using CTRL+cursorUP/Down after selecting the sector with CTRL+CLICK, chapter 4, page 79 of the manual for full details.

Triggers are the hardest part? I don't think so. When you can make it it's so easy. Just a few clicks and it's done. I have no idea how to make triggers in TRLE.

In TRLE, if you want to trigger for example one door and 3 enemies when Lara step into a sector, then you have to do repeat the place trigger procces 4 times, one for each object you want to trigger.

When working with TRLE, dont forget to make 100 backups of your project or you will regreat later .

Razzi
22-07-10, 21:01
Incredible you never learn how to do that in dxtre3d, Tile height of each tile in the wall is done using CTRL+cursorUP/Down after selecting the sector with CTRL+CLICK, chapter 4, page 79 of the manual for full details.

In TRLE, if you want to trigger for example one door and 3 enemies when Lara step into a sector, then you have to do repeat the place trigger procces 4 times, one for each object you want to trigger.

When working with TRLE, dont forget to make 100 backups of your project or you will regreat later .

About the texturing in Dx - I really didn't know that! but it's not like trle !

Laras Dream
23-07-10, 08:09
Well cons and pros of Diagonal walls:

Dxtre3d

Pros:
Reacts to lighting better
easier to texture
solid collesin

Cons:
Lara Can sometimes go through it

TRLE

Pros:
Lara won't go through it

Cons:
Smooth Collesin (eg Lara will keep running at it even though she touching it)
Harder to Texture
doesn't react to light as well

Anyone another?

Razzi
23-07-10, 09:20
^^ you can still use meta2tr to edit the room mesh and make a better diagonal wall - so you don't have to use the 'object diagonal wall'

Laras Dream
23-07-10, 10:03
Thats true. :)

But for some reason meta2tr will not work on my computer :(

McRaider
23-07-10, 15:16
Well cons and pros of Diagonal walls:

Dxtre3d

Pros:
Reacts to lighting better
easier to texture
solid collesin

Cons:
Lara Can sometimes go through it

Well,I tried the new engine (Dxtr3.3) and now you don't have that problem..

Dustie you said:
"This is actually a flaw when you want polished, detailed texturing, because DXTre3D can't change the height of tiles on walls."

you can do this,just select the wall and use CTRL +up/down.

Dustie
23-07-10, 15:23
What does 'react to lighting better' mean?

Laras Dream
23-07-10, 17:27
Like objects sometimes don't light as well when you adjust the lighting. But its hard to explain. :o And object sometimes don't look solid too.

Razzi
23-07-10, 19:27
Well, this should be the "Differences between Dxtre3D and TRLE" thread :D LOL. but I don't care.
I have tried to build the first room of 'base level' of my own. It's still WIP because some doors on the other site of the room are still missing because they're unfinished for now.
Lighting is almost finished and texturing as well.
Any comments?

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/th_screen1.jpg (http://s590.photobucket.com/albums/ss346/razzi253/?action=view&current=screen1.jpg)

Laras Dream
23-07-10, 20:31
I'm impressed! :eek:

Kosmos
23-07-10, 20:36
Sounds very next gen !!
And light are perfect, they're exactly where are placed neons.
Keep on !

Dunnut7
23-07-10, 22:02
Magnificent!:eek: I like the lightning and how the objects react to that:tmb:

Razzi
24-07-10, 12:23
I'm impressed! :eek:

Sounds very next gen !!
And light are perfect, they're exactly where are placed neons.
Keep on !

Magnificent!:eek: I like the lightning and how the objects react to that:tmb:

Thank you, guys!
I'm really glad that you like it :hug:
TRLE does have great lighting system in my opinion. I love the sun bulb and spot lights too!

FloTheMachine
24-07-10, 13:29
These screenshots are really nice Razzi :tmb:
Looks really nice :D

Titak
05-08-10, 15:55
Thread closed on request by author.