PDA

View Full Version : Attempting to Complete Legend without Saving

Sheen
23-07-09, 04:35
Ok, I am about to play TR Legend on the PS2, without saving, I am also going to time how long it will take, wish me luck.

Mokono
23-07-09, 05:18
Good luck! Are u gonna try the trials or first an usual play walkthrough?

tombraiderxii
23-07-09, 06:20
I tried to do that the other day.

I got to England in about 1 hr and 5 minutes without saving, but when I got to the forklift, I drove it to the two boxes (one on top of the other) when you first use it. I went head on to those boxes, but then the forklift got stuck in the tunnel with the boxes getting stuck and the forklift wouldn't move, and i ran out of grenades to kill myself to retry... so I was screwed and ****ed off with my run. :tea:

A bit of Advice when you get to England: go get the first crates out of the way, THEN go the tomb, or you'll get stuck and run into a glitch and get ****ed off about how much time you just wasted playing through 2/3 of the game. :ton:

Good Luck anyway... :p

Chris.Talg0
23-07-09, 06:28

I got to England in about 1 hr and 5 minutes without saving, but when I got to the forklift, I drove it to the two boxes (one on top of the other) when you first use it. I went head on to those boxes, but then the forklift got stuck in the tunnel with the boxes getting stuck and the forklift wouldn't move, and i ran out of grenades to kill myself to retry... so I was screwed and ****ed off with my run. :tea:

A bit of Advice when you get to England: go get the first crates out of the way, THEN go the tomb, or you'll get stuck and run into a glitch and get ****ed off about how much time you just wasted playing through 2/3 of the game. :ton:

all you have to do when that "glitch" happens is shoot the boxes and they will break :p

Sheen
23-07-09, 08:04
Good luck! Are u gonna try the trials or first an usual play walkthrough?

Just going to do a normal walkthrough, for now I am taking a break, I got to the level with the snow, and where Lara meets Amanda right now, I can pronounce it and I can't be bothered to go to my PS2 to get the right spelling. :P

Thanks, And I will bear that in mind.

tombraiderxii
23-07-09, 22:08
all you have to do when that "glitch" happens is shoot the boxes and they will break :p
the crates are unbreakable , im talking about the ones that can only be moved with the forklift. it got jammed with 2 boxes in the tunnel . i had no choice but to turn the ps2 off. sometime this summer im going to retry the run sheen's doing. :p

just croft
23-07-09, 22:11
Ok, I am about to play TR Legend on the PS2, without saving

Erm... dumb question but is there a way to play it without the use of checkpoints?

Chris.Talg0
24-07-09, 00:27
the crates are unbreakable , im talking about the ones that can only be moved with the forklift. it got jammed with 2 boxes in the tunnel . i had no choice but to turn the ps2 off. sometime this summer im going to retry the run sheen's doing. :p

no its possible. they get jammed all the time for me and i have to shoot them. they dont break right away though, and it takes about 10 seconds for them to break.

Erm... dumb question but is there a way to play it without the use of checkpoints?

no. :)

just croft
24-07-09, 00:31
no its possible. they get jammed all the time for me and i have to shoot them. they dont break right away though, and it takes about 10 seconds for them to break.

no. :)

Ok, then... isn't it impossible to finish without saveing?

Chris.Talg0
24-07-09, 00:33
no its not impossible. its the manual saving that they are talking about, not the checkpoints.

just croft
24-07-09, 00:41
no its not impossible. its the manual saving that they are talking about, not the checkpoints.

Well but since the autosave automaticly saves the profile for that part then the manual save is pretty useless unless you want to go back to some less % part of the game using the same profile.

My point being: isn't completing TRL without saveing what everyone does?

Zebra
24-07-09, 01:34
My point being: isn't completing TRL without saveing what everyone does?

That's what I was thinking when I read the thread title. Maybe they mean completing Legend without exiting the game or completing Legend without dying or sth.

john_york
24-07-09, 08:58
Ok, I am about to play TR Legend on the PS2, without saving.

Isn't that a bit pointless when there's a checkpoint every three steps? Also, bearing in mind the entire game is about the length of one level from TR4, I really don't see where the challenge is :confused:

Spong
24-07-09, 14:41
...bearing in mind the entire game is about the length of one level from TR4, I really don't see where the challenge is :confused:

^^This.
Legend's easier than than a one-piece jigsaw and shorter than a midget stood in a hole.

Changeling
24-07-09, 15:13
Isn't that a bit pointless when there's a checkpoint every three steps? Also, bearing in mind the entire game is about the length of one level from TR4, I really don't see where the challenge is :confused:

Exactly.

xXhayleyroxXx
24-07-09, 18:24
I've done it on ps2 XD

mind you need a whole day for it!

but it is possible :hug:

just croft
24-07-09, 19:17
I've done it on ps2 XD

mind you need a whole day for it!

but it is possible :hug:

Or just little more than 2 hours...

Mytly
24-07-09, 19:24
Maybe it doesn't seem challenging to you, but it could for other people. After all, even going by your comparison, can you play a level of TR4 without saving? ;)

just croft
24-07-09, 19:27
Maybe it doesn't seem challenging to you, but it could for other people. After all, even going by your comparison, can you play a level of TR4 without saving? ;)

I can't even finish it, I admit. All I was trying to say with my posts is that the game saves itself for you and so this doesn't look like a big thing to me, on the other hand none of the 40 something levels of TR4 have automatic checkpoints.