PDA

View Full Version : New Glitch found in TR Legend/Anniversary!

Ceamonks890
23-07-09, 09:11
Hi, I just found a glitch in Tomb Raider Legend's Croft Manor on PS2 today(it can most likely be done on other consoles/PC). It can also be done in Anniversary too from what I found. Here's how to do it:
LEGEND'S VERSION:

1. Go out into the outside part of the gym but don't actually go into the gym area.

2. Do the 'fly glitch' trick on the fountain until Lara lands on it. Now, start moving to the statue and keep running into it until you've reached the top.

3. Now, go to the right side of the gym building and keep running to the side into the corner. You will notice that Lara is floating higher(slowly, but higher).

4. Keep going until you reach the roof. Lara will suddenly go through the wall and the inside of the gym is now invisible. Don't worry, if you land, you won't fall forever. Everything is still there, just invisible. Now, you can see the horizon and what's behind those gates outside. You can also see that there is a reflection of Lara where the floor's supposed to be. People who use the Level Editor will know this technique. You can also go and do 'climbing to the roof' way and go backwards to the way you came in through the wall into the main hall via fly glitch. If you land, you won't fall forever but everything will be invisible. WARNING!- If you try and go through a door that's invisible, you really will fall forever, so be careful!

5. If you want to go into the areas behind the gates- When you reach the roof and pass through, stay in the middle of the roof front and go either left or right to enter these areas. Note: Don't go out of 'fly glitch' mode while going into these areas or you'll fall out of the level and fall forever.

ANNIVERSARY'S VERSION:

Now, Anniversary's version of this glitch is a bit more tricky to do than Legend's since there is no statue outside the gym and the fountain has got an invisible wall around it, so here's what to do:

1. Go into the gym and do the 'fly glitch' trick on the triangular mat with a big '1' on it. Now, go to the rock wall at the end on the right side and run into it a little bit. Don't go too high or you won't be able to get outside!

2. Now, go to the left side and continue running to the side into the corner until you can't float up any higher!

3. Now, go to the other side and do the same thing as before until you reach the roof. Now, you can do the things like looking at the horizon etc like Legend's version. There is also no reflection of Lara on the floor when you go via the roof way and make the gym invisible for unknown reasons.

Okay, that's it. Have fun! Hope this makes sense. If not, than sorry. Also sorry for my comment being so long!

Surohicko
23-07-09, 14:24
I all ready knew about this so..... yea...

Tony9595
23-07-09, 16:06
Thank you for posting this :)
I always wanted to know what was behind those gates. Im gonna try it :D

mudkip25
23-07-09, 17:13
Its not really a glitch, Its a trick.

Cristina
23-07-09, 17:15
Thanks for sharing!:)

Ceamonks890
24-07-09, 04:00
No problem guys/girls, I just happened to find this glitch while playing through Legend and I wondered if it worked in Anniversary too since the manor level is basically the same for both games and it did!:D By the way, this is also my very first thread ever!:)

mudkip25
24-07-09, 07:23
No problem guys/girls, I just happened to find this glitch while playing through Legend and I wondered if it worked in Anniversary too since the manor level is basically the same for both games and it did!:D By the way, this is also my very first thread ever!:)

not really glitch. The Fly Glitch is the glitch, doing it to go somewhere you can't is a trick.

Joshorty
25-07-09, 04:12
Of all the years coming here I don't know this 'fly glitch'. At first I thought it was the Fly cheat everyone knows but that's on the PC. I guess I'll check this fly glitch out and I've never heard of this bug for the PS2!

fishlikelong
30-07-09, 23:49
Could someone post a screenshot of how to do this?

TRGamer8
13-08-09, 12:00
Great glitch, thanks for sharing :D

Loupar
23-08-09, 15:28
Do the 'fly glitch' trick on the fountain until Lara lands on it. Now, start moving to the statue and keep running into it until you've reached the top.
I reach the top of the fountain but I don't understand how can I reach the top of the statue from there. Just "start moving and keep running"?
How does the "fly glitch" work? Does it work on PSP?

Ceamonks890
24-08-09, 04:31
Hi Loupar, yes it works on the PSP version too. Okay, here's what to do after doing the thing needed to activate.

Move away from the fountain when you see Lara is off the ground and run to the statue. Keep running until you can't get any higher on it. I'm sorry, that's as easy as I can explain:o

If you want to know how to do the fly glitch itself, look on YouTube and search 'Tomb Raider Legend/Anniversary Fly Glitch'. Hope this helps. If not, than sorry.

Loupar
26-08-09, 05:12
Thanks for all. Basically, I didn't know how to do the "fly glitch". I found a video in Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66P6s90Or24&
where this trick is explained and tried it in the same spot.
My mistake was that I jumped without doing the cheat because Lara is able to stand at the very top of the fountain.

Ceamonks890
26-08-09, 05:46
No problem, glad you figured out what you did wrong. Enjoy:)