PDA

View Full Version : This is Crystal Dynamics' TR Game that has the best replay value.

RetardedRaider
25-07-09, 03:24
Who agrees with me?
Yes, Legend was easy, but yet I strangely find myself still playing it up to now.

Anniversary had replay value, but it was so dull and too hard just for casual playing.

Underworld was :yik: :mad::mad::mad::( when I learned that Tresure Hunt SUCKED.

Perhaps it's Legend's colorful environments and lots of enemies that makes me play it again, even if it was too easy. XD

Reckless Lara
25-07-09, 11:05
I feel the same way:),trust me because I have these three games too and If I have time and want to play games,TRL will be my first choice,then comes TRA and last but not least TRU. Although I want to believe that TRU is better on PS3 console.Did you play TRU on PS3 or on PS2 or on another platform?

_Raychel
28-07-09, 17:49
I agree, it's the easiest one to just pick a random level and play through. I tend to get bored of the other ones if I play them too much, but Legend's always fun. Plus the fighting style is a lot more fun than the other games.

igonge
28-07-09, 17:54
Legend is a fun game and I still find myself replaying it not long after I last played it. I agree that you can just pick any random level to play and get through it casually. TRL is the Tomb Raider game I've played the most.

irjudd
28-07-09, 17:58
False. Anniversary has more.

Drone
28-07-09, 18:07
@ op I agree. It feels like that. I'd rather replay legend than underworld

Chocolate
28-07-09, 18:12
I haven't played Anniversary or Underworld so I can't say it's the best of the CD games to replay, but I do agree that Legend is very replayable for the fact that it may be short, but if I get bored one day and just want to play a level for 10 minutes I just pick up Legend and go right ahead with it. :D

iFrit
28-07-09, 18:15
Legend is linear, easy and has too many fights with hordes of mercinaries.

Anniversary has challenging levels, less linearity and is overall a much longer game. The music is better, there are less interrupting cutscenes and the boss fights, whilst not brilliant, are much more creative than Legend's boring fights.

Legend isn't a bad game to replay, it's just that the levels are boring and the mercinaries and easy puzzles are really off putting. :D

TombRaiderCool
28-07-09, 18:35
I agree that Legend has lots of replay value, heck I would say it has the most replay value in the series IMO. Sometimes on rainy days I find myself playing it just for a bit of fun! I guess the shortness and easiness of the game is a big contributing factor! :)

Cristina
28-07-09, 19:03
I feel the same way,i love to replay Legend levels! :D

Spong
28-07-09, 19:38

^^This.
I can't stomach replaying Legend because it's so un-Tomb Raider.

da tomb raider!
28-07-09, 20:08
I agree. I'd rather replay Legend rather than Anniversary and Underworld - I'd be able to complete it and move on to something else super fast. :D

Paddy
29-07-09, 00:05
This has replay value but being as short as it is, the game gets dire after a couple of times through :(

lidowxx
29-07-09, 04:37
Agree with the OP, legend has the best replay value of the trilogy. I find i still play it once in a while just for fun.

RetardedRaider
29-07-09, 09:22
If TRU can replay cutscenes, had NO treasure hunt, and you can play Amanda's ship in the Med Sea seperately, then i would play TRU more.

The problem with anniversary is that the stage is split into 3/4 parts, and for example if you finish mountain caves you will be prompted to go back into the menu. You won't be able to go to the next level.

Super Badnik
29-07-09, 13:19
Yes, Legend had replay value. I refused to stop until i had unlocked everything. I have probably only used less than a quater of all those outfits, but i still sat and played for hours just to get them all.

]{eith
29-07-09, 13:25
^^This.
I can't stomach replaying Legend because it's so un-Tomb Raider.

Agreed. It's also so short that if you play it twice, you've seen everything....twice.

Anniversary has much greater replay value IMO. And Underworld too, but lesser.

Lemmie
29-07-09, 13:31
I agree that Legend isn't quite the Tomb Raider experience that I first got from Tomb Raider III and subsequently Tomb Raider II and Last Revelation but I still enjoy it. It's probably not in my top ten, but I like it as a fun, action packed game - although of course, way too brief.

Of the three most recent games, my least favourite has been Underworld. It's forgettable - which is a bad thing for any game, and worse when it is supposed to conclude a supposedly epic plot.

I like Legend because of what the (admittedly) flimsy plot promised, but Underworld killed my interest. :(

irjudd
29-07-09, 13:34
Legend is ok for a really bored saturday afternoon since the whole thing can be completed in one afternoon :rolleyes:

But if I really want something that even remotely feels like Tomb Raider, it'll be Anniversary. There's really no contest.

stereopathic
29-07-09, 13:46
there's a part in the game where you can keep the mercs from destroying a bridge if you kill them fast enough. that was pretty much the only value i got from playing it through a second time.

irjudd
29-07-09, 13:48
Well, running around the mansion in a bikini is another good saturday afternoon activity. I'll give it that.

Autolycus
29-07-09, 16:53
Imo TRL was way too short and way too easy. I prefere TR games that test you like TRA,TRU.
Don't get me wrong i do like TRL as i think it's a very beautiful game.

jfjeep26
07-08-09, 00:32
out of the three I liked Legend best but out of the entire series I like AOD and I have my reasons

TombRaiderFan.
07-08-09, 07:03
Although Legend is nothing compared to how great Anniversary is IMO, I do agree with you that it has more replay value, but I think it's because the levels are easy to reload and short. :) What I like to do is mod outfits for Legend Lara and then pick random levels to play with them :D

RetardedRaider
07-08-09, 08:46
out of the three I liked Legend best but out of the entire series I like AOD and I have my reasons

Yeah, AOD is also my fave :)

young Lara Croft
07-08-09, 12:23
I liked TRL and replayed way too many times than TRA and TRU!
:)

Zebra
07-08-09, 13:57
I have to admit that I agree. TRL might not have had much to do with a proper Tomb Raider game. But it did have a hell of a lot of replay value!

larafan25
07-08-09, 18:24
^I agree,I replay it still

but y most replayed CD game is anniversary...I replayed it from the second I finished it untill the release of underworld:p

does anyone find it hard to go back and play the other 2 games after underworld for their lack of interactivity, freedom, and different ways of getting around? also different combat strategies?:)

I guess this is a good thing:p

Tony9595
08-08-09, 03:10

:confused:

TRA bored me a lot :p
I only replay the Temple of Khamoon or the Lost Valley :vlol:

I love Legend, although I hate Lara, Zip, Alister... and pretty much everything besides the gameplay :D

RetardedRaider
08-08-09, 04:35
:confused:

TRA bored me a lot :p
I only replay the Temple of Khamoon or the Lost Valley :vlol:

I love Legend, although I hate Lara, Zip, Alister... and pretty much everything besides the gameplay :D

Oh hey, welcome back! XD
Yeah, Anniversary bored me a lot. LOL.
The first time I played it, it was very stunning. But when I replayed it, I don't know why but it's puzzles were too hard to be replayed casually.

SweetMaleficia
09-08-09, 01:21
Nah, I feel that there's more replay value in Anniversary when I play the PC one - lots of beautiful screencap opportunities.

Legend is still > Underworld though. Underworld's DLC levels are an insult to the term 'replay value'. Or even 'value'.

TRfan9294
09-08-09, 21:01
Yes I agree.:) Anniversary is very hard and frustrates me so I don't like to replay it and TRU just doesn't have any replay value.

Zebra
09-08-09, 21:15
does anyone find it hard to go back and play the other 2 games after underworld for their lack of interactivity, freedom, and different ways of getting around? also different combat strategies?:)

Why should that change after Underworld? Underworld was just as uninteractive and linear as Legend and Anniversary.

Dennis's Mom
10-08-09, 00:18
Why should that change after Underworld? Underworld was just as uninteractive and linear as Legend and Anniversary.

Neither TRU nor Anniversary was as bad as Legend for straight pipe gameplay. I never replayed Legend. I tried once, but then I wondered what on Earth I was doing. It's just not Tomb Raider.

TRGamer8
13-08-09, 11:10
I feel the same way,i love to replay Legend levels! :D

Me to, because it's great and not to hard :)