PDA

View Full Version : new move I found!

michaeldt
25-07-09, 05:02
while I was playing TRL on my PSP, I found a new combat move!

while shooting a mercenary, run up to them, press jump and quickly press action. Lara will kick them in the face and do a small backflip back to the ground, the mercenaries will trip over and you have some time to shoot them.

this can only be done on PSP, PS2, XBOX, XBOX360, PC, GC

Translating for each version of the game, it would go something like this.

PSP:

draw your guns,
run up to the enemy and press X (jump), while Lara is in the air, quickly press [] (square for action), Lara will perform the move.

PS2:

draw your guns,
run up to the enemy and press X (jump), while Lara is in the air, quickly press /\ (triangle for action), Lara will perform the move.

XBOX/XBOX360:
draw your guns,
run up to the enemy and press A (jump), while Lara is in the air, quickly press Y (Y for action), Lara will perform the move.

PC:

draw your guns, run up to the enemy and press jump, while Lara is in the air, quickly press interact/action, Lara will perform the move.

GC:

(note, I have not played the GC version, I have just looked at a GC controller and guessed what the buttons are, please tell me if I am wrong)

draw your guns, run up to the enemy and press A (jump), while Lara is in the air, quickly press Y (Y for action), Lara will perform the move.

I hope I explained that right, have fun! :D

BTW, I am not talking about the aereal assault move, I just found this move and am not sure if it is new or not.

Tombraiderx08
25-07-09, 05:09
its not new, the dummy in mexico explains it :S

Spong
25-07-09, 05:16
Welcome to 2006.

Mokono
25-07-09, 09:27

Actually, on Xbox explains how to make the kickjump and the slowmo attack, so this is kinda new to me :o...

michaeldt
25-07-09, 11:39
I am not talking about the aerial assault. Is that what you are thinking I am telling you? :o

Johnnay
25-07-09, 12:02
its not new

and yes that dummy explains the kick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1eauE-KC7g

aussie500
25-07-09, 12:05

Lara never visited Mexico in Legend, perhaps you meant Peru? And yes you are right, it is explained as one of the moves when practising with the dummy, so hardly "new".

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j215/aussie500/Tomb%20Raider%20Legend/jump-kick.jpg

michaeldt
26-07-09, 07:41
well, most people ignored the text that appeared during gameplay :D

Haaaydeen
26-07-09, 09:04
^ No they didn't

michaeldt
26-07-09, 09:35
^ No they didn't

do you know that for sure? or are you just talking about yourself? :)

Paddy
26-07-09, 09:39
do you know that for sure? or are you just talking about yourself? :)

I didnt ignore that, I knew about that also.
Id imagine many did too :)

Chris.Talg0
26-07-09, 09:41
well, most people ignored the text that appeared during gameplay :D

either way its not a new move at all. the move even shows up in one of the videos that play if nothing is done at the menu for a certain amount of time.

michaeldt
26-07-09, 09:45
Ok guys, I get it. It's not new :)

Paddy
26-07-09, 09:46
Ok guys, I get it. It's not new :)

Credit to you for trying though, good to see people trying to find stuff others hadnt seen :)

michaeldt
26-07-09, 09:47
Credit to you for trying though, good to see people trying to find stuff others hadnt seen :)

thanks, I never actually read the text before and I just decided to play around in TRL when suddenly I did that move.

Helegad
26-07-09, 10:28
I didn't ignore the text. I skim read.